[Jauhar] Someone like you [Masika/Zigaran] - FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Somewhere along the road she had had to give up her layered dress. Not only because the light fabrics were of no use to her in Jauhar but because the multilayered garment made it difficult to travel. Masika had been none too thrilled about it since she had bee quite fond of her dress. It was one of her own after all. She'd put in every stitch and had chosen the colors to go with her skin tone. However, she'd managed to find something generic, or more specifically made by someone else for just anyone, that didn't look too horrible. It did show a lot more skin than she was used to but she could get over that.

With a huff the blue hybrid continued to walk along the path. If she'd have thought about it she honestly wouldn't have said that she would be fine the rest of the way without a guide. Really she should have asked for one or a guard at least. Sure Masika had her runes with her and she knew how to use her magic but it had been a while since she had had to fight. Her days were normally spent sewing or showcasing her latest works. Fighting wasn't normal for her. Wouldn't her warrior mother be thrilled with that.

As she stepped on a root her foot twisted in a way that she lost her balance. "Oof!" Masika's hands went out to either side and she got her balance again before tilting one way or the other and falling. Thankfully her ankle was spared as well. "It would be just my luck to injure myself before I even got there." Her orange eyes went down to look at the offending branch. Call her spoiled but she was used to roads that didn't have growth all over it. Living in Oba had turned her into a city girl.

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Heras Box

Zigaran's antennae gave a little twitch as he heard Sidrys give a low, screeching sound all of a sudden before her feathers fluffed up and her wings gave a flap. He turned to look over at the large owl before looking around, "What are you complaining about you grump?" He asked of her, wondering what she'd seen or heard from her position a distance up a tree. He watched her for a time, then turned his orange eyes toward Dinis who was sitting near to him, tail swishing slowly, before he when hunkered down close to the ground and started forward.

Giving a little shake of his head he said, "Sidrys." He glanced up at her, then moved to follow along after the radaku that seemed to be eager to follow along after whatever the owl had found. The moment he started moving, bow in hand, arrow notched, the owl did the same, flying from branch to branch, keeping up at her own pace. He had to admit he was kind of surprised that she was coming along. Likely because she just didn't want to be left alone in the forest on her own. Zigaran himself didn't want to go too far either, not when the Dretch were still a very real threat. He wasn't too far from Emeka at the moment, having gone out just a ways hunting for food for his beasts. It was a bit further then he wanted to go but it was still something that had to be done. Dretch or not the pair still had to eat.

Once he was close enough Dinis ducked down further, giving a little 'wuff' sound to let Zigaran know that he'd found whatever they were looking for. The hybrid was quick to catch up, pressing close to a tree, the grip on his bow tightening... until he spotted the one that was there before them. She look a tad bit like him, what with the blue skin and antennae, but other then that she looked a lot less less like she belonged. The dress being the first indication, not exactly something one hunted in.

Ducking down lower in the shadows he decided to watch her for a time, wanting to figure out what she was up to. It could be a trick after all. Best that he kept an eye on her and figured out what she was up to before he approached.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 am

After being upset with the state of the trail she was walking Masika reached up and brushed her dark hair away from her eyes. In oba she was accustomed to a breeze of some sort but inside the forest it was a bit more rare since the trees blocked most of it. So while she stood the young woman toyed with her hair a little and did what she could to get it up and off her neck. It was obvious that she had no way to tie it up farther so when she felt sufficiently cooled her hair was simply dropped back into place. It was half up at least.

Masika took a deep breath and looked down at her feet. While she'd had to give up her dress in favor of a two piece outfit, a short top and a somewhat flowy skirt, she still had her cute shoes. They were simple slip ons and clearly provided little protection. She took a moment to adjust them, even tapping her toes on the ground to make sure they were still snug, then looked around at where she was.

There was no indication that she knew she was being watched. No twitch of her antenna, no pause in her behavior, not even a change in her body language. Her senses for hunting or staying alive had been dulled after years of living in the city. To her she was simply in the nature equivalent to a dark alley. In fact she had no idea that there was something dangerous crawling up the tree right behind her.

Orpheus Solon
she's wearing something similar to sheesha but with a top that shows off her belly. XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 am
Heras Box

Zigaran shook his head as he continued to watch the girl, "She's in over her head. We could have killed her several times over already." He muttered to Dinis who gave a 'wuff' of agreement, though if the radaku actually knew what he was saying he could never tell. It just seemed as though he always agreed no matter what Zigaran said.

Sighing a bit he continued to watch the girl, sizing her up a bit as he did. She didn't look like anyone that he knew so she wasn't from Emeka. The way she carried herself, the way she dressed, it all looked wrong. It reminded him more of what his Earthling mother, Zamira, would like. Definitely nothing a normal warrior would wear. Did that mean she wasn't from any of the nearby villages? Did she hail from Matori then? Was she like Blondie and came to train? Or was it something else that brought her here?

As he watched her his eyes lifted up, spotting movement, and then gave a hissing sound between his teeth, "Oh, Aisha damn those disgusting things." He spat out, pushing to his feet, drawing back his arrow, and let it fly. The moment the arrow landed, pinning the large centipede to the tree he gave a sharp whistle. The sound roused Sidrys, sending the chiavi forward. She gave a great, loud screech as she slammed into the bug, her sharp talons tearing into it, before she flew up into the branches over head, watching the creature flail for a bit before going still, hanged pinned to the tree with lots of holes in it.

Coming out from his hiding spot he spat out, "Are you trying to get killed, fool girl?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 am
Orpheus Solon

Masika was still blissfully unaware of any danger and when she stood up all she felt was the whoosh of air that passed by from the arrow that had been sent flying. Her instant reaction was to turn her head the same way it had went, with wide eyes, and see what it had landed in. Was it a warning shot? Had the person missed because they had bad aim? Even with all of this she didn't seem to take an offensive position. Or even defensive. What did happen was a gasp as she saw the icky thing with an arrow in it then a yelp as the winged creature came from nowhere to farther attack it.

Her hands went over her head, completely ignoring her antenna as if they weren't even there, and she closed her eyes tightly in a panic. When the bird went back into the trees Masika stumbled back away from the arrow impaled thing with her eyes going skyward to look for the bird in case it decided to come back. The girl clearly still did not know that she was being watched. Well, until the voice came out and she stilled, her shoulders lifting up as if she was expecting some form of pain to follow.

Turning to look at who had spoken she bit down on her bottom lip as one hand went toward her chest and the cleavage of her top. (It just so happened that that was the only place to put her runes since there were no pockets and she had no bag.) Just as her fingers reached one of her runes she paused and stared at the male. Her mind was taking a second to register what was going on. Then Masika found her own voice. "T-trying to.. No, I'm not. How... How long have you been there?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:38 am
Heras Box

Zigaran watched as the girl seemed to go into a panic instead of really responding as a warrior should and he was pretty certain that she wasn't here for training. Or maybe she was? She surely needed a whole lot of it he thought to himself as he walked forward, eyes narrowing a bit as he watched her.

"Long enough to see you prancing about in the forest while letting that thing sneak up on you. What would you have done if it were a mezuri, or worse a Dretch?" He demanded of her. Were the hybrids like her the reason why he was always being hassled? Did everyone think that he was going to act like... like that? A thought that had his antennae twitching a bit.

As he starred at her Dinis took a couple steps forward, coming to stand at his side, tail swishing a bit as he starred at the girl in front of him. Zigaran gave him a nudge and said, "None of that, we don't know what she's doing here yet." No reason to make friendly with someone that could very well be an enemy after all. Not that he was at all worried about her being a dangerous enemy, not given her performance thus far.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 am
Orpheus Solon

Prancing? Masika closed her eyes for a moment. She might like to preen about her clothing sometimes but she did not prance. So when she opened her eyes again she noticed the radaku and gave it somewhat of a smile. It was different from her mother's two beasts but still had a cute look to it. Then her long pointed ears heard what the male said to it and she lifted her gaze back to him. "What I'm doing here is looking for my mother. I assumed she had come back here since the Dretch are back." And if it had been one of the bug mages that had snuck up on her.. well she likely would have done nothing. She wasn't a fighter. Not really.

"Were you following me?" If the man had thought she was prancing about then surely he had to have been following her. Seeing her almost trip was not prancing. And if he thought so then perhaps she needed to help him trip and see how he liked being told to stop prancing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:53 am
Heras Box

"The meeting came and went, without too terribly much having happened to speak of other then those Elaria pitching a fit like a bunch of younglings." He didn't know this girl, therefore didn't know her mother, and couldn't really tell her one way or the other if she'd been at the meeting or not. All he could say was what he did know, that it was over. After a moment he gave a sigh and added, "Also, that was in Andile, not Emeka, which is the village you're heading toward. Are you lost on top of everything else?" Surely not, right? Aisha tell him the girl hadn't gone to the wrong place entirely.

As she asked if he was following her he slung his bow over his shoulder and said, "Don't flatter yourself, you're not my type." Not that he exactly had one at the moment or anything, but still. He'd like to believe that his type didn't consist of some girl who didn't even wearing the right shoes while walking out in a jungle... not that he wore any himself but that was neither here nor there.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 am
Orpheus Solon

So they had had a meeting already. Which she had figured already. The location wouldn't be hard to figure out either if she'd asked around but that wasn't what she was after. She wanted her mother. Masika took another deep breath and let her hand fall away from her cleavage, leaving her runes there as well.

When the man insulted her by stating that she wasn't his type she simply blinked. "I did not ask if you were sweet on me. I asked if you had been following me. I do not have to be someone's type for them to want to rob me." Not that she really had the look of someone who had valuables. They were hidden away in her top... Thankfully. Masika placed her hands on her hips and glared at the man.

"I'm looking for V'demhe. I thought that she might be visiting friends of hers rather than returning home. If she's not here then I will head to the Isles." Masika almost wanted to make that sound like a threat but who was she kidding. She was as threatening as a butterfly in a jar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:10 am
Heras Box

Zigaran's antennae gave a twitch and he said, "I am a proud warrior of Aisha, I am not petty thief, girl." This one was rather annoying, wasn't she? Maybe he'd of been better off just letting her get eaten by the centipede. A thought he instantly scolded himself for. Even if she wasn't a follower of Aisha, which she really didn't appear to be, her mother was. As such he couldn't just leave the daughter of one of Aisha's warriors to get eaten by nasty, venomous beasts when he could help.

"I can't say I know the name. If she was there or not isn't something I'm aware of." He said, then gave a slight snort, "You won't get very close. Security is tighter then ever and someone who isn't a follower of Aisha isn't going to get anywhere close. You should head back where you came from and wait for her to return to you." This time he didn't sound as though he was trying to be insulting, just telling her how things were. No reason for her to waste her time, not to mention risk her neck. There were those that weren't happy over the decision to ally with the Earthlings and she might end up a scapegoat or something.

That would likely cause infighting if her mother was one of Aisha's warriors and another of the warriors caused harm to her child. In fighting was definitely something they didn't need at the moment given all the problems they already had. Shaking his head he said, "Best you go back. You don't want your approach to be taken the wrong way."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am
Orpheus Solon

Proud warrior of Aisha. As if that made him better than her. Masika took a deep breath and puffed her chest up, as if it needed the help, before she set her hands on her hips. "I was bloomed from Aisha as well as you. Just because I don't have the dreads and markings doesn't mean I ignore our mother tree." And being a warrior of Aisha did not mean that he wouldn't rob her. She was well aware of the thought most had on Alk hybrids. Not that they mattered to her. Not only that but how was she supposed to know that the person following her was an amazon or not if she didn't even know they were there!? This boy was beyond frustrating. It made her glad she had been raised away from the mentality of the Alks. Praise Aisha for her mother having better sense.

As he snorted and explained that she wouldn't get close she snorted back and muttered under her breath. "Shows how much you know. My cousins would allow me in." Masika wasn't sure if he heard her or not, and she really didn't intend for him to.

"Well, if you do not know my mother then you wouldn't know if she was in Emeka. So if you are done showing off I'll be on my way." If he wanted to be the big he-man in the woods shooting things next to people's heads then he could do so without her. After all, she wasn't his type so what would be the point in trying to look impressive? Masika gave him a once over and found there wasn't much to be impressed with though. He had the dreads, the eyes, the markings, and the weapon but he didn't have the ears and two fading colors. Actually, he looked more like her twin sister. "If you wore your hair down it would cover your fins and be one less thing they would see." She figured he was trying to be accepted and that was why he acted as though he was different from her. Galene had done that for a time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:41 pm
Heras Box

Zigaran merely starred at her as she declared that she was born from Aish the same as him. That meant nothing to him, he was sure that plenty of hybrids were after all. It didn't mean that they were the same or that they followed the same path. As such her arguement didn't really sway him in anyway, instead he just continued to stare at her.

His antennae gave a twitch as the girl set to muttering under her breath in a way he could hear, something that had him shaking his head. That was utterly childish he thought to himself but decided to let it pass.

"Showing off? Pft, fine. Next time I will let the creatures of the forest feast on you then, girl." If she was leaving then good, he was glad to see her go. She was just going to end up walking face first into another dangerous situation and why should he care? Not as though she wanted his help and he couldn't say he wanted to help someone that was so ungrateful. As such it was best that she went on her way so they didn't have to deal with each other anymore.

Lifting a hand for a moment to one ear he gave a shrug and said, "Hiding my ears will just risk muffling sounds. Not as though hiding that one feature is going to transform me entirely." He'd prefer to be able to keep his hearing sharp. It wasn't as though he was like Mnyiri who could just dye her hair and suddenly be an Alkidike. He'd just have to prove himself with deeds, not appearance. Given the upcoming battle against the Dretch he would at least have his chance to really prove himself.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:04 pm
Orpheus Solon

The way this one talked made him seem so... savage. Last time she'd spoken to someone like him it had been.. uhm.. "Gahiji.." Masika said to herself. Well, at least Gahiji had ignored her after a time without the insults.

As he moved a hand to his ear she watched him. What he said made sense but her eyes moved to the beads hanging from his hair. He did know those made noise right? She opted to leave the subject alone and simply shook her head. She thought it was bad enough dealing with Alkidike females but this hybrid took the cake. The proud gene clearly did not skip a generation.

"Try being proud of your Matorian side. The colors suit you better than yellow ever would." Fashion advice. After that she simply moved away from him, sparing a glance to the radaku and smiling again she reached into her top and pulled out a dried piece of Xaaran meat. "Here, Maha and Tanou love this maybe you will too." If the beast took it then good, if not then she would simply set it on the ground and walk away. Not that she would get far before stepping on another root and this time hurting the bottom of her foot. Right in the arch.

Masika let out a hiss before doing what she could to look at the bottom of her shoe. First she wanted to make sure the shoe wasn't ruined. There was no way she would walk around barefoot. Once she was sure there wasn't much damage then she took it off to see how her foot fared. "I should have brought Edaj with me." Then she could have ridden her Janarim around instead of walking everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:12 pm
Heras Box

Zigaran gave a little 'hmph' sound at her comment. Be proud of his Matorian side? Was she a that out of the loop? If he were to do that he'd just look weak to the other sisters that he had to deal with on a daily basis in Emeka. Besides, it wasn't as though he hated that part of himself, he just didn't focus on it.

As the girl suddenly produced a piece of meat he watched as Dinis sat there wiggling a bit, then laid down in front of the treat, starring at it but didn't move. He was too well trained to be drawn over by the meat even if he obviously wanted it. He starred at it as well, wondering if he should trust her or her treat, unsure if he should allow his beast to eat it. Surely she wasn't just carrying poisoned meat with her in her top right? A thought that had him shaking his head, wondering why in the world she was hiding food in her shirt like that. A thought he decided not to worry about.

He gave a little nod of his head and Dinis moved forward, grabbing hold of it, gulping it down quickly. Zigaran turned around, about to leave, when he heard the hissing sound the girl made. He turned to look over at her once more, watching her once more. He really found himself wondering how far she was going actually make it all that far before she actually was eaten by something. He shouldn't care, she wasn't his problem, and he didn't want to make her into one that he had to take care of. After a moment of watching he gave a grumbling sound and asked, "Are you really going to try to go to the Chibale Isles?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm
Orpheus Solon

It was like she had become oblivious to Zigaran and his beasts all over again. Masika focused on her foot, moving it around and poking at the arch to see how badly she'd hurt it. When she determined that it would need at least some healing to prevent a bruise and limping she reaching into her cleavage again, this time pulling out her rune stones. They didn't stay in her hand for long. In fact they started to glow and lifted from her palm as she blew across them gently. Masika was using the wind to heal and the magic that moved down lit up seemed to absorb right into her skin. Zigaran might even feel the breeze pass by him.

Him speaking to her again startled her and the runes dropped to the ground as she lost focus. Masika blinked before she picked up the now cold, lifeless stones. "If my mother is not in Emeka then yes, I will go to the Isles. If I'm not allowed to set foot on them then I can still send word over to my cousins and see if she is there." While it would be ideal for her to be able to cross since it had been a while since she'd visited she didn't really see herself making too much of a fuss over it.

One shoulder lifted up gently before she set to putting her shoe back onto her foot. With a few more flexing movements she focused on how well the healing had worked. The blue girl seemed satisfied with it and moved to continue walking onward. Though something made her stop in her tracks. A rather no good looking trio of earthling guys and their weapons. Where had they come from? Why hadn't her tracker heard them? What was worse is they saw that she'd taken things out of her top and they knew she had runes. Valuable ones.

Well it wasn't like she could ask the grumpy alk boy for help. He'd likely insult her some more. So that left her with running away. Which she doubted she could do very well since she was having a hard enough time just walking the trail. Of course she could just.. walk toward them and hopefully past them. Maybe that would confuse them enough to leave her alone? If nothing else her runes were already in her hand. So Masika started to walk again, this time right at the guys but she stared past them so she wouldn't lose her nerve.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff