Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Tiny Battle] Silver But no Fish (Seren x Milo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm
Seren was, again, heading out of her shared room with Rhys, to get more supplies. They had water now, and she had planned to clean herself, but they had realized they had nothing to really use as a towel. She had thought about using one of their bath towels... They were big enough that she should be able to use a small section at a time... and then had realized they were more effective as a temporary bed. They were warm and cozy, and already folded into a shape that they could use for bedding. She had thought about it, and decided the answer was to go get paper towels.

She wasn't exactly thrilled by this, because it would not be great for her skin, but if it this nonsense did not last too long, she could be alright for a few days.

She stood outside of her door, considering whether she wanted to try for the kitchenette again... that damn mouse... Or try for the bathrooms. Finally, after some serious consideration, she nodded and headed for the bathrooms. She had not gone that way yet, and it seemed like a good idea to see how things were there.

If she saw friends, she might have to see about setting up a mini people tent city somewhere, so they could work together and guard each other's backs. But she needed to talk to Rhys about that first... They had food in their room, so it made sense to her, at least, to encourage people to stay where the food was. Still, she couldn't make these decisions for both of them. It would be rude as ********. So she made a mental note to talk to Rhys when she got back.

She was about to make a turn towards the bathroom, when a silvery grey glint caught her eyes. She turned towards THAT instead. And stared in horror as a small swarm of insects began to rush towards her.

"SILVERFISH. WHY THE ******** DID IT HAVE TO BE SILVERFISH?"

Quote:
TinyBoss: Silverfish Swarm (10)
HP: 5 per Insect
AD: 5

chirigami

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 pm
It had been a trial in of itself to escape the lower levels of the Deus dormitories, those stairs he partook daily without much care otherwise had been a whirlwind of adventure (kind of) to ascend. Much had to be sacrificed, left without retrieval until this current ailment finally lifted. Which left Milo with not much than what Noemi was able to spare - which wasn't too hard given they were very small and so things were easy to ration.

It still left Milo with a need to feel just a little bit busy and useful, so he decided to go on a scouting mission. Which also worked a little bit as a run - getting in exercise was going to be so easy now that there was so much more room for activities - but mostly to how accessible things were.

The Sun was currently, and conveniently - on the same path to the same bathrooms when he heard the exclamation echo slightly down the way. "Eh?" Milo picked up the pace then caught the sight of some familiar hair. "Aa! I know you!"

Large bugs not yet noticed.

Aria Starstone

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:34 pm
Seren wanted to wail, because she really hated silverfish. They looked like some kind of horrible alien monster that wanted to attach itself to a person's brain and control them. Or something, just... CREEPY. She hated them with a passion, and this was like her worst nightmare, having to see them coming at her like this. She called Diwata to her hand, trying not to give in to the urge to break down crying.

She heard a voice, from behind her, and part of her wanted to cry more, in relief... She did not have to do this horrible battle alone... and part of her stiffened because she did not want to break down in front of someone who was not Rhys. Rhys was the only one she felt that safe with. She glanced back for a moment, then called out "HELP! PLEASE. THERE ARE A LOT OF THESE THINGS!" In desperation at the man she saw. She had not gotten a good look at her new companion. All she knew was she could really use some help against this horde of terrifying insects.

She swung at the one closest to her, and missed, and yelled in discomfort when it hit her... Discomfort and honest to god fear. Milo could probably hear the terror in her voice.

Boss HP: 50/50
Quote:

HP: 45/50
Dmg: 0
Charge: 0/3

chirigami

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 am
A second longer there lingering made it all the more obvious this wasn't the time to get reacquainted with the familiar girl - even though they could still totally do that while handling what he had managed to somehow miss when he arrived. Her yelling made much more sense now.

"Saah! Didn't think about us getting the same size as the bugs!" There was a strange tone of mirth in his voice as he summoned his weapon to him - glad that she like didn't suddenly appear usual size and crush them both or something. "Hopefully these aren't Famine bugs, ya!" Probably wasn't, which was probably why he didn't seem as bothered despite how gross they looked at this vantage point. (Seriously, up close. Yuck!)

With a flick and the usual flourish, Milo spun on the balls of his feet and planted the blade of his naginata into at least one of the foul creatures. Making it twitched until finally dying by his hands - it looked just as gross laying there.

Quote:
boss hp: 45/50
hp: 45/50
damage: 5
charge: 1/3

aria starstone

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-20)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:07 am
She felt even more like weeping in relief when he managed to kill one of the terrifying insects. One down, oh thank all the gods that ever were! She took a slow, deep breath and then smiled out of the side of her mouth at Milo. "Nice hit! Nice hit, nice timing! Thank you so very much for coming, I really don't think I could do this on my own!" She took a step back to calm herself slightly more, then pulled Diwata back, and swung at the nearest bug to her.

It was a good hit, but not good enough... The damned Silverfish was nearly dead, but not quite. "Dammit!" She swore, in frustration, that she had not managed to kill the one that was right in front of her, and it managed to bang her after. "And how are you doing, now that we're ridiculously small? I am finding it stressful and unnerving, and wishing EVERYTHING had shrunk with us, instead of what we had on us!"

Boss HP: 41/50
Quote:

HP: 40/50
Dmg: 4
Charge: 1/3

chirigami

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:39 am
"Nah, nothin' to it, nani wahine!" Milo shot her a wide face eating grin as he slammed the butt of the naginata on another one of the fiendish silverfish that were chittering away around them. Like her own, the blow didn't quite kill it but it was on the cusp.

"Gotta help where you can, especially for friends of friends!" Yes, it was coming back to him who this girl was now that he was getting a better look at her, one of Noemi's friends! Just didn't have a name, or couldn't remember it (the tournament had kind of been a whirlwind and not even for the fighting itself). "Ne, you're doing fine ~ don't get too flustered, ya!" He gave her another wide smile along with a little spin.

"Would we really notice if we shrank then?" The Sun couldn't help but chuckle.

Quote:
boss hp: 37/50
hp: 40/50
damage: 4
charge: 2/3

aria starstone

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-20)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:25 pm
She blinked a little as she recovered from her last attack, trying to find a more solid stance for herself. She had no idea what some of his words meant, but she decided it was easier to leave it alone. If he wanted to tell her, he would. "I still appreciate it... These things are my own personal nightmare..." She said, just loud enough for him to hear her, her eyes focused on the little, creepy-disgusting bugs.

She chuckled at his comment and shook her head. "You... You're Noemi's boyfriend, yeah?" She asked, her voice warming into friendliness. "Sweet girl, and you seem a good guy. I can see why she likes you." No flirting, not a hint of it, and she made sure that it was clear that she meant it in a friendly way with her tone. She did not want ANY mixed signals... No upsetting her friend, her friend's boyfriend, and especially not her own boyfriend. "Doin' my best not to get flustered but... nightmares..."

She laughed at the part about noticing, and Seren gave a shrug as she found a position that felt STABLE to her. She pulled her sword back and then did a long, hard and low sweeping attack. Her giant freaking sword managed to finish off the one she'd injured, kill another, and severely damage a third, who smacked her back in it's displeasure. "A point, but I do worry about how we're suppose to do certain... THINGS..."

Boss HP: 27/50
Quote:

HP: 35/50
Dmg: 10
Charge: 2/3

chirigami

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 10 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:48 pm
Milo almost felt his grip on Koume slip and his ears begin to produce the sound of white noise at the term the other hunter had used to describe him, clearly still not used to it. "Yup!" He managed with an awkward kind of laugh along with it, "'m Milo," he pivoted slightly to swing his weapon almost like a golf club, allowing the blade to slide into the silverfish he had nearly killed off and then launch into another silverfish nearby; sending them both into a wall and for the kill.

"Noemi-chan's the best," at least he could say that without feeling awkward, there was a sort of love struck admiration in his tone - always seemed to be when he talked about her. "Don't think I've gotten you name, ya, wahine." His eyebrows pushed upward in curiosity as he managed to catch just in time her attack that sent a bunch of the bugs in a scurry.

"Aa wei, that was a nice hit. Can see why you don' like these things, ya. And they're much worse this big, ya." The Sun chuckled again even as he was caught in a stupor over what she was referring to with 'things.' "Things?"

Quote:
boss hp: 20/50
hp: 35/50
damage: 7
charge: 3/3

aria starstone

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 5 Total: 15 (2-20)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:20 pm
"Seren. Seren Yong. A pleasure to properly meet you." Seren said, watching the ugly critters moving around. Between them, they'd gotten more then half of them down, and she was feeling a little less panicky. Not free of panic and fear, but there was LESS of it. She took a few breaths, counting and seeing there were 4 left.

"I know that feeling... That's how I feel about Rhys..." She said that with a voice that was soft, and filled with love. Her eyes almost shone, for a moment, at bringing up her boyfriend. And then an insect scurried past, and that was lost in her need to KILL THE ******** was an equally good attack..." She said, through gritted teeth as she watched some surging towards her again, and she slashed out once more, her sword taking another one out, and almost killing a second. "And once this is done, I'll need to figure out one of those goddamn THINGS. How the hell I'm gonna get a proper shower, or do laundry, when I'm this tiny, and not DROWN is beyond me but AHHHH BUG GUTS."

Boss HP: 11/50
Quote:

HP: 30/50
Dmg: 9
Charge: 3/3

chirigami

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:21 pm
Now he had a name and soon he would have to think of a nickname, it felt so long since he had last figured out a color and series for someone; yet another thing, like referencing, he was out of practice over. Woe. "Pleasure is all mine, ya!" He replied, swinging his long arm once more but coming up empty.

The field of enemies was growing thin as it was and the last batch perhaps were getting the idea of what was going on (they were going to die!) and were scattering as best they could. Milo frowned for a moment but not only about that, "Rhys ~ aa, name sounds familiar, ya." Like really a lot. When this was over he should figure out how, huh.

Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult like what Seren was making daily tasks out to be, which he could only laugh a little bit. "Eeh, sorry, don't mean to laugh but I'm sure those things can be figured out easily enough ~ I mean, someone figured out a town out of game stuff, ya!"

Quote:
boss hp: 11/50
hp: 30/50
damage: 0

aria starstone

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 4, 3, 1, 2 Total: 16 (7-28)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:03 pm
"I am always happy to meet the friends of my friends." She said, her tone warm, despite the battle going on around them. She watched him for a moment, letting the happiness that came from a new friend fill her.

"He's my boyfriend. Been here a lot longer then I have. I think Noemi's room used to be next to his, from what she told me?" She decided not to mention the business with the Alpaca plushie, since it had obviously embarrassed Noemi.

As they talked, she noted Diwata's runes had that lovely glow that said a charge was ready. The two of them focused their power, and she swung back, hard. Unfortunately, maybe because of how unnerved Seren was by the silverfish, or maybe his laugh had made her uncomfortable, but as the bright flash of the runes went off and she made her attempt to hit... She missed ALL of the Silverfish left, and instead left a small crack in the concrete of the floor.

"Game toy town is good, but it doesn't solve showers and all... the toys don't have working plumbing, after all..." Was all she could say.

Boss HP: 11/50
Quote:

HP: 25/50
Dmg: 0
Charge: Using

chirigami

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:24 pm
The description of his room location was ringing a few more bells, but given how often he was away he still couldn't picture the guy at the moment. Hopefully it would all come back to him, a face to face or random happenstance that would bring them together again (another place somewhere a little further down the time stream that would clear this up).

"Aaw, that would have been sweet if that had landed," Milo gave Seren a sympathetic look as he twirled again, the blade of his naginata biting into the remainder of at least of of the not as well off silverfish and into a fresh one that had still managed to evade them. He was somehow ignoring the glow of the runes on Koume, much to her annoyance.

"Well, there are other ways to work around plumbing and stuff, ya?" Like using nature. If they could even get outside without a fight.

Quote:
boss hp: 8/50
hp: 25/50
damage: 3

aria starstone
sorry for the long time to tag, I have been so congested ;A;
..... I really need to figure out Milo's charge attacks again >>;;

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:33 pm
Seren sighed at her miss, and nodded at his comment. "When it hits, it HITS, but oh when it misses..." She said, mournfully, but then cheered as he took out one more of them. They were down to two! Two! They were gonna defeat this ugly hoard of bugs, and she was going to go home to Rhys.. after she found a way to get the bug guts off of her... and tell him about the battle, and how she defeated her insect-nightmares.

His comment had her brows coming together, thoughtfully. "Well, if I can get into the mini-fridge Rhys and I have in our room, we have some chilled bottled water, and if we can find a way to open it without it POURING everywhere, we would have clean water to drink, certainly..." She pulled her sword back as she pondered. "And we could use some of the unchilled, stored ones for cleaning ourselves, if we manage not to spill it, too. That might work... One bottle of water could last a good amount, I should think!"

Boss HP: 3/50
Quote:

HP: 20/50
Dmg: 5
Charge: 1/3

chirigami
It's ok! RL first, and your health is important! I understand. <3
And yes! -laughs- Would be good.

chirigami rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 pm
Skirting around the bits that still remained after Seren's latest assault on the bugs, Milo pivoted with all attention on the stranglers. They were almost home free, for now, so his focus was now to end the girl's nightmare (for now) and allow Koume the satisfaction of cleaving through the last ones. It was a messy pile left behind, nothing like the other monsters that sometimes would vanish. But it was a job done which he could only grin at.

"Aawee," he sighed, hefting the weapon to rest on his shoulders as he - even with his smile - he couldn't help but raise a concerned eyebrow, "think you're overthinkin' it, wahine. Plenty of easier options than trying to go get a water bottle, ya?" Noemi had introduced him to a few of the creative ways some of the others had gotten around some of their current problems. The game town, his duct tape solutions (to everything). "Think we could just like get to the pipes even at our small size." Maybe, he wasn't in charge of logistics or anything.

Quote:
boss hp: 0/50
hp: 20/50
damage: 8

aria starstone
aaaaah, I'm awful and took forever! I'm sorry

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 am
She couldn't help it, she CHEERED when he finished off the last of the horrible bugs, than half fell against the wall, trying to catch her breath and calm her heart from the horror she had been feeling. She stared at the mess, and muttered "Some way to burn this stuff would be nice, cause ew the messes are gonna pile up or something..."

She then glanced at him, her brows coming together as she thought about it. "Well, I mean... the bottles are in our room already? So it's not like I have to go far, once I get back there. And..." She flushed and shrugged, looking awkward. "I'd either have to do climbing, and I have recently discovered a fear of heights... Or I'd be worried I'd break the pipes cause I know NADA about plumbing. The last thing I want is to be responsible for a flood when even an inch of water on the floor would be like wading through a river. Maybe I am overthinkin', but... I can't help it, I guess? Still. Workin' together, with my friends and family, I know we all can do this."

chirigami
Don't worry about it! I know you been busy between work and cons and stuff. <3 I understand.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff