Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
{PRP}Arch Enemies? {Roana x Omurntas}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:24 pm
As a new candidate, he still felt a little out of step with his fellows. In fact he felt so much older than most of them. Most seemed to be kids with somewhat childish interests so far. It was hard for him to feel part of the group which had never been his strong suit.

Omurntas was spending a little time with his two young blue firelizards. He'd accidentally impressed them while working on the beach. The young man was sitting on a rock trying to get them to fetch him little things; a dead leaf blowing by or a small pebble there.

The two blues cheeped at him or looked bored. Omurn guessed they still might be a bit too young.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 am
As one of the pebbles touched down a flash of gold and a triumphant chirp enveloped it and vanished it back into the air. A second later and the small golden flit winged her way past Omurn onto the shoulder of a girl a few feet away. Roana had been striding across the weyrbowl on her way to the Mess hall unaware of her small partners antics until the gold chirped demanding again and dropped a smooth pebble into her hand. The gold then proceeded to look back at the man and his two young blues with a superior flick of her head followed by a following dismissive swish of her tail. A unmistakable neyh neyh na neyh nyeh. I won.

Ro merely raised a brow and followed the golds line of sight back to her fellow candidate. Shaking her head and placing a wry smile on her lips she walked over to Omurn and held out the pebble "I think this might be yours." she told him with a half laugh. "Sorry, Nyeh here thinks she has to prove she can do everything better than everyone else." The gold flitt merely shifted her self on Ro's shoulder and stretched out her delicate wings as if to show she was unashamed by the judgment.

"You're a Candidate too right? Think I've seen you around in some of my classes." She grinned and held out a hand. "I'm Roana." Unabashed and friendly as usual but Omurn might have reason to decline the handshake, since it was a rest day for the candidates with no chores or classes to speak of Ro had slipped back into her own old comfortable clothes. Clothes that couldn't have smacked more of 'pirate' had she written it across her chest. Her wild afro of red hair had been part tamed by a bandanna around her head and her ears flashed with gold hoops which matched the stud in her nose. She wore hard wearing protective pants popular with sea farers of all disciplines topped off with a loose shirt and colorful green waist coat. Even the hand she held out was laden with bracelets and golden rings. The last damning piece of evidence was the smell of salt ocean that clung stubbornly to the fabric even after several washes.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm
Sinders Path

Omurn blinked as a bright gold flash suddenly took off with one of the pebbles he'd been trying to get Apparition and Nightfall to go pick up. He glanced at the blues, causing Apparition to hiss at him, and Nightfall to hiss at Apparition. The young man sighed. He'd really been better off in his orchard.

His eyes followed the small gold to a girl not too far away. He looked blandly at the gold and her attitude. Since he hadn't been trying to get her to do it, he didn't really think it was much of anything. He shrugged but held out his hand for the pebble anyhow. "Not really. I was just trying to get one of them to go get it. They might still be too young I think." Well that explained the gold's actions then. "Sure, but is she really proving she's better by beating two hatchlings?" That seemed an unfair advantage to him.

"Aye," he responded slowly. Omurn tried to remember if he'd seen her. Everything was still just a big blur since the goldrider had swooped him up. "Omurntas," he shook her hand, just to be polite, but released it as quickly as he could. "Why do you wear that clothing?" It reminded him of the pirates who'd attacked his hold. He clearly didn't approve of anyone who'd want to mimic them.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 am
Roana raised a brow at the very serious man and slowly shook her head. "she's only a few months out of the shell herself, just a naughty kid really. I don't think you should take anything she does too seriously or think to much on it." she pointed out bluntly. She reached up a hand and affectionately stroked her fingers along the delicate arch of her companions neck.The gold crooned and nuzzled into the touch making the red headed women smile again.

A slight spark of temper flared at his condescending tone but she smothered it. No point in getting into a fight over nothing.

Ro sighed softly to herself when the attitude of the young man continued, well if he was going to be like that the best she could do was get out of the situation and encounter as fast as possible, she was about to make her exit when he hit her with quite an unexpected question. "What do you mean?" her eyes narrowed "It's my day off, I don't have to wear candidates uniform so I'm wearing my old comfortable clothes today, Why? Whats wrong with them?" Of course the women was aware that her previous pirate life style was unsavory to most and,if she was fair. She could see why, but this man had got her back up from the start and she wasn't prepared to be that understanding today.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:30 pm
Sinders Path

"I don't." He replied as bluntly. Really it was nothing, but the girl seemed to be taking offense to whatever.

"Comfortable? Ha! You look like a mangy, old, disgusting pirate." Omurn had a personal grudge against pirates for the raids they'd done on his previous him. He wasn't particularly forgiving of them. Nor did he approve of people trying to dress like them. Some of the songsters tried to pass them off as glamorous, but he knew better. He didn't like people deceived by glitter and glam that wasn't real.

Clearly he wasn't going to get any more training done here. "I would think you'd want to wear something a bit more civilized while your here." He brushed his pants off in preparation to leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:03 pm
Roana started sharply at the insult, her expression shocked, like someone that had just been slapped, then quite suddenly thunder rolled over her face and lighting sparked behind her usually warm brown eyes. She muttered softly under her breath closing her eyes, a slow shuddering breath passing her lips. "Remember what Uncle said, count to ten, deep breaths, one...two..three.. Shard it!" As the boy passed her she raised her fist and socked him right on the nose if he didn't move fast enough.

"How's that for civilized." She growled. Picking up on her bonded's temper Nyeh had also reacted. The golden wings were out stretched and she hissed and snapped out at the boy viciously.

"These are the clothes of my crew, sea craters, Not pirates." Well not just pirtes, mostly merchant traders really. "They are skilled enough to earn a little respect from spoiled brats like you. " Her temper had always boiled close to the surface and when people even edged on insulting her crew, her family it pretty much guaranteed a mess. In that moment she wasn't thinking of the trouble she could get in with the candidate master.

Or how disappointed Nicara would be in her for loosing her cool, she was just pissed. "Got anything else to say?"

"Magnadearel"

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:55 pm
Sinders Path

Unfortunately he wasn't fast enough to dodge and took the punch to the nose. The short journeyman reeled a moment, then put his hand up to his nose and drew it away to glance at the blood on his hand. Luckily he didn't think his nose was broken. "About what I'd expect from a pirate. How they could let someone like you in is beyond me. I sure hope the dragons have better taste." Though he supposed if she came from elsewhere then a dragon must have thought she'd be suitable as a candidate.

That's just one dragon though, pah! He thought. Omurn glared at the firelizard, undaunted by her hissing. "Hardly spoiled. I worked my way up. I fought off pirates attacking my hold." He'd been growing his own trees when he'd been searched. "You're not worth my time." Too bad he'd probably have to see her during classes or some such. He really wanted to return the favor for the bloody nose, but he wasn't going to hit a girl.

Omurn turned around and stalked off, daubing blood now and then from his nose. He didn't want to get it on his clothes and have to explain it later, though he probably could get her in trouble for hitting him in the first place. It wasn't worth the effort to try to get past her on the path, he'd find another way around.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games