[PRP] Tattered Feathers [Aketch x Tanaka]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:46 pm
Lately Aketch had been taking a liking to an area where death was common. There weren't many living beings that lingered for long periods of time in the red cracked clay vastness. Herds only passed through and never stayed too long as did the predators that pursued them. The vultures seemed to be one of the few beings that stayed with in these lands but not in large numbers. There were a few scattered in the decaying remains of trees conserving their energy in wait of creatures foolish enough to wander these lands.

These lands offered nothing to a mortal but for Aketch she found them charming. There had been a few times the goddess had watched in the backdrop as a foolish mortal wandered in to this territory only to die from exhaustion or dehydration or any number of things related to the harshness of the climate. Vultures were usually the first on the scene to pick and tare apart the carcass followed by maggots and other lesser scavengers until there was nothing left but bone.

She'd watched on multiple occasions in fascination of the beauty scavengers brought this world. After all, some one needed to clean up after all the death. It was the scavengers place in the circle of life to clean up the remains of the dead or the hunted and it had been such a long time since Aketch had paid witness to the beautiful cycle.

The goddesses attention was caught by a trio of vultures over head circling as if there was fresh bounty to be had. Of course, Aketch spread her own wings and took off to the air to see what it was her beautiful fellow scavengers were circling.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had only been moments before, a massive shadow had darkened the earth, passing over the herd below. The god smirked to himself, the malicious grin of a hunter spreading across his maw as he tracked his target.

The herd scattered, desperate to flee the darkness of the unseen predator. Such efforts would prove futile for one of them, there was no escape. The god might have laughed, taking pure pleasure in the fear and terror he inspired. Yes, that's right, run, your blood will taste that much sweeter when you fall...

DEATH FROM ABOVE!!

He pounced on his prey, talons extending to latch onto the beast's hide, fangs sinking into the soft throat. He delighted as it struggled in his grasp, even as it's heart failed and it took its breath. Delicious.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 pm
Amon Larethian

The smell of blood was what caught Aketches attention as well as the dive bombing vultures. She saw something white with wings not quite unlike her self. Another god would be the only explanation for the wings. Very vulture-like the goddess fanned her wings out and went in for a landing not too far off from the god who was happily chomping down on his meal. Aketch kept her distance not interested in what this god was doing but what the vultures were doing who were now settled in a withered tree not too far off.

Her yellow eyes trained on the mail and she took a few measured steps forward while still giving her self some distance.

God or not, creatures tended to be testy when they were enjoying a meal.

"Strange to see a god out here." Why not start some conversation. "Unless your domain is one fitting to such a place I suppose. Are you traveling or here for a while? "  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm
His eyes narrowed, a menacing glare focused in the direction of the goddess, his tail lashing angrily. He knew she was there, had heard the sound of wings, the step of paws belonging to a creature far larger than the vultures he was ignoring.

For a moment he ignored her, only watching from as he tore a rather large piece from his prey's throat.

"I suggest you stop there."

His posture was aggressive, a warning snarl. It was not an idle threat, his claws flexed to make his point. Come closer and you might find your own blood mixing with that of the lifeless beast on the ground.

"Do you always make such pointless statements?"

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:55 pm
Amon Larethian

Aketch didn't mind the hostility from the unknown god as plenty were not warmly welcoming when they were enjoying a meal. Her wings fanned out a little giving a nice slow relaxed stretch biding her time to reply to this stranger god. He could wait if he wanted to be rude after all.

"I'm guessing you're the god of talking with your mouth full. Lovely." A flash of grin could be seen from behind her skull. Being a smart a** was a talent, "I'm happy waiting for you to finish your bounty. I have no quarrel. Merely intrigued." It was true that she could be very patient like the small group of vultures waiting she could wait. But what she was after was not food or scraps. It was Aketch's curiosity of this god before her that had her parked here.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 pm
Tanaka growled, he was growing irritated with the uninvited company. The slain beast was his prey, his kill, and though it seemed clear enough she did not want his prize, he did NOT appreciate her company or her comments.

"And you must be the goddess of putting your nose where it does not belong!"

His emphasized his words by throwing a large piece of bone squarely at the goddess' head. Stupid annoying creature, go away before I tear your face off!

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 am
Amon Larethian

"You could sa-" Before Aketch could even finish her retort there was a bone flung straight for her head. Not really expecting the god to stoop to that level of aggravation the unanticipated bone hit squarely on her skull. Luckily the skull shielded a great deal of the the force but it still was an unpleasant experience in the whole.

Aketch took a moment of silence to process if a god really had flung a bone in her direction then laughed which eerily sounded a bit like a hyenas.

"A bone?" She couldn't help it, "You're not enjoying my company clearly but come on. A bone? I suppose I am a 'bone head' for real now," She continued to laugh more now that she made a joke about it. She wasn't so much poking fun at Tanaka as much as she was having a good time.

There was a long sigh after her laughing fit as Aketch caught her breath.

"You're really not enjoying my company are you. I apologize for being rude but if you had let me finish my introduction I was going to say You could say I am the goddess of sticking her nose where it does not belong. I am the goddess of scavengers after all. Aketch if you'd prefer a name." She fanned out her tattered vulture like wings and gave a bow.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 am
Wait, what---had she really just said that? Omg, if he could have rolled his eyes any harder they would have fallen out of his skull. Worst.pun.ever. Though maybe it wouldn't have been quite so bad if she hadn't laughed at her own back joke.

"And just what pile of rotting corpses did you scavenge that joke from?"

Tanaka was not amused, though perhaps, for a moment, he was less...inclined to eat her face off as he had been a moment ago. Ugg, he'd probably become infected with her horrid jokes if he did.

"Tanaka, conflict."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:12 am
Amon Larethian

His comment about her scavenging her joke had Aketch in stitches. She could not help but laugh at that because she found it funny. Another deep breath had to be taken in to subside the laughter. Aketch wasn't one that laughed at just anything but clearly this god had a good sense of humor. His serious demeanor and delivery was what was funny to the goddess along side the joke.

"S-sorry I did not expect you to make a joke," She took in another deep breath gathering herself.

"Conflict huh? That seems like you could have fun with that domain. " She mused, "But I have to say it seems like it could be taxing too... Still really cool," That was the verdict. A cool domain.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am
OMFG facepalm forever! He was not trying to be funny! Argg! How could she still be laughing at that? He had intended to insult her, and she took at as a joke.
Clearly she was batshit crazy, completely and totally nuts.

"I find it to be an enjoyable occupation."

There was a dark and smug smirk that spread across his maw. Yes, conflict was rather fun now that he thought of it. He rather enjoyed his life and all that it brought, though perhaps some parts were more enjoyable than others, namely those that did not bring goddess' with bad jokes.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 pm
Amon Larethian

"Occupation. " She repeated musing over the concept. She'd never thought about it like that before.

The bone that was tossed at her head laid in front of her. Aketch pressed a claw on to it and continued to look as if she was lost in thought. She rotated the bone casually as she attempted to find the words.

"This isn't the greatest place to find what you're domain may need. So I imagine you're passing through?" This wasn't the greatest place for most things. Aketch would fully acknowledge that. It was vast and empty and attracted death. The goddess was drawn to this place based on scavengers being a clean up crew of sorts.

"I mean not ... trying to pressure you out. I'm curious if there was a reason besides prey that you might be here." Her wings casually folded back behind her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 pm
"Anywhere there is life, there is conflict."

Not to mention the conflict he'd just spread by scaring the s**t out of that herd of prey beasts and claiming one of their number. He did so enjoy the hunt. For him, it was not just about food, it was about the pure pleasure of spreading fear and terror in the creatures he hunting, in savoring the last breath as life drained from the beast in his claws, the taste of blood in his jaws.

"If you must know, I saw a herd, I was hungry, so I hunted."

He snorted, not that it was of any concern of hers. He was a god, he had wings, he went where he wanted whenever he wanted. And when he was done with his hunt, he would fly off somewhere else and find something else to occupy his time.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 pm
Amon Larethian

"That's true," Aketch gave a sage like nod in agreement to the conflict tid bit.

She was feeling that maybe she should back off from this god and let him get back to enjoying his kill. There was a sense that her unwelcomed welcome was on borrowed time and Aketch wasn't looking to start a personal conflict with the living embodiment of conflict.

Just a hunch.

She stretched out her vulture like wings once more giving a nod to Tanaka.

"Well god of Conflict I see you're busy. Maybe if you find your self around a great deal of death I won't be too far behind." With that the goddess gave a great powerful flap setting her self airborne. The goddess had left the vultures behind but she was sure that intelligent beings such a vultures would know better than to get between a god and his kill.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm
"Hopefully not anytime soon!"

Tanaka's gaze narrowed, an irritated snort as he watched the goddess leave. Finally, he thought she'd never shut up and go away. Annoying, he hoped he'd never have to hear her bad puns again. He supposed he could have tolerated her company, not that he'd ever admit that out loud, except...no, nope, he'd have thrown more than a bone at her head if he'd had to listen to more of her so called jokes.

The god grumbled, taking a final bite of his prey before rising to his own paws and leaving what was left for the vultures. Wings spread, he took to the sky, making certain to fly AWAY from the goddess.  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces