Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 am
The little heels on the bottom of E’nd’s boots clicked down the stone hallway as he made his way through the weyr as if he was a man on some sort of mission. Really he had finished up his duties for the day and instead of lazing around had decided to at least get a jump start on a little work that he needed to do tomorrow. If he played his cards right he would hopefully have a little more extra time tomorrow letting him have some free time to himself to head down to the beach for a little sun.

Fadeth seemed even excited about the idea of laying out basking in the sun, the bronze had been particularly grumpy with dealing with E’nd’s constant work schedule and lack of having fun on occasion. Maybe it had been a while since he had finally decided to relax and to stop running around like some sort of headless rider who could lay down to rest finally.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm
stella cinere

Vosin usually enjoy spending her time flitting about from place to place. Every once in awhile though, she got pegged to do some actual work around the Weyr. Today happened to be one of those days. The young woman strolled down the hall, long red braid of her hair swaying behind her. Her arms rather full of with rolls of parchment.

She heard the sound of boot heels on the stone floor and tried to juggle the mass of unwieldy papers in order to see who was coming and where they were so she could avoid them. Just then, several dislodged and fell to the floor. "Crack dust!" she muttered her curse. They'd be near impossible to pick up without dropping the rest.

I told you, you shouldn't take so many Vosin. The lazy voice of her dragon echoed slowly through her mind.

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 am
A brow shot up as something that looked like a head of scrolls that had magically sprouted legs underneath had managed to make it ways down the stoney hallway. Before E’nd could pass by the rather unusual sight a few of the scrolls spilled across the floor as a voice muttered under its breath.

With ease the thin rider leaned down and scooped up a handful of the scrolls before tucking them under his arm, the long curls looping around his shoulders. “I think you might need a little help? Where are you heading I can carry these if you don’t mind.”

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:02 pm
stella cinere

She was surprised when a voice spoke up. She hadn't been aware that anyone was in the hallway with her. Vosin craned her neck to peer around the scrolls. Green eyes blinked at the young man who immediately offered his help.

Oooo what have you found there Vosin? The gold laughed in the back of her mind. Perhaps those scrolls dropping wasn't so much an accident was it?

Nonsense! "Oh, um I'm heading down to the storage caverns. I don't mind. Thank you very much." Vosin smiled warmly at the rider. She was pretty sure he was doing this because it was his nature, not because he'd seen her shoulder knots; which were rather quite well hidden at the moment behind some scrolls.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 am
“No, not interrupting anything at all.” There was a smile that stretched across the rider’s face as he neatly arranged the scrolls under his arm as if to better secure them for himself. Fadeth of course seemed amused as the bronze sent a faint chuckle E’nd’s way as if to encourage him to chat to someone beyond the realms of complete business and duties.

“The name is E’nd, I don’t think we have formerly met.” The green eyes hadn’t looked entirely familiar to his own pale blue ones but he was sure he had seen her in passing around. That was the only flaw in keeping order in your wing, you tended to not entirely meet others outside of it due to being occupied and trying to keep everyone else in line.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 pm
stella cinere

Vosin breathed a sigh of relief. She was more than happy to accept some help, if it was just down to the storage caverns, if he was currently unoccupied. There was the familiar itch in the back of her mind as she felt Killakeeth watching the young man and trying to figure out who his dragon was.

"A pleasure to meet you E'nd," she nobly resisted a chuckle. "I'm Vosin of Killakeeth. Probably not, we're usually out on search. Once in awhile I get pegged for chores at home." She laughed, "today seems to be one of those days." Vosin finally got a good glimps of his shoulder knots and noted he was a wingsecond and a bronzerider.

She started to head toward the store rooms. "So how are things going for you today?" It was nice to talk to the people of her weyr. Rider, weyrfolk, or candidate, it didn't bother her. She liked to know how they were doing. Vosin hoped people felt comfortable bringing their problems to her if they had any; best way to encourage this was to be friendly.

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 am
Fadeth was entirely amused, even if the bronze kept most of his thoughts to himself beyond the encouragement of his rider making a friend beyond his wing that he seemed easy to occupy all his time with. It was good that the man socialized in a more personal manner, even if it was just helping with scrolls and what not.

“Ah so you go out and do a lot of searches then, do you enjoy seeing seeing the landscapes or do you like meeting a lot of new people?” It was a job or at least a duty he admired but not one he particularly wanted to have to himself, even if he had been a rider for a few turns now he was fond of being near his new home.

“It’s a pleasure as well to meet you Vosin. Fadeth is my better half a rather vain bronze who spends more time preening himself then flying.” Not that he expected her to know him but he offered the information up regardless. “Today was the same old, trying to get keep the wing in order and getting duties done ahead of schedule.”

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 pm
stella cinere

"Aye we do. Well at least I do. Killakeeth would rather lazy about the whole day if you asked her. I love to get out and see new places and people. I'd go stir crazy if I had to remain in the Weyr all the time." She wrinkled her nose. "That's why I choose to become a searchrider. That and Killakeeth likes to pick candidates for her own clutches." It really was quite funny when the gold knew she was having a clutch, Vosin didn't have nearly the arguments to get her to go out and search.

The dragon chose that it was time for her to join the conversation, speaking to both riders. Lazing is much easier. Besides I'm beautiful and should be admired. I suppose it doesn't matter if its here or at a hold. Killakeeth only preferred the weyr because if she went anywhere else she'd have to fly and that was work.

"Aaaand that was Killakeeth. Please send Fadeth my regards." She grinned. It sounded like the bronze would get along splendidly with Killakeeth. The two could lazy about all day. "Is your wing difficult for you?" Vos laughed softly, "I wish I could get mine done ahead of schedule. Making tallies of supplies is not my idea of fun, but its needed."

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 am
“I didn’t travel a lot when I was younger so I guess I tend to fall into the trap of wanting to stay a little too much to the weyr, really if I didn’t have Fadeth I don’t think I would have even made it to the beach. Would have just hidden in a dark corner reading scrolls instead of getting out more.” If there was anything a vain dragon liked in particular it was being able to go out and show off to new watchers and the weyr didn’t get enough new blood to feed his particular ego. “Fadeth would be the same way if he had the chance to be a part of searches. Though he would have the tendency to pick out anyone who was remotely pretty in his opinion instead of personality.”

E’nd gave a grin as the other dragon chimed in, really the two of them sounded as if they could have been brother and sister fighting for attention while trying to do the littlest as possible to get by, two peas in a pod as the old saying went.

“Of course.” Fadeth simply gave some sort of noise of approval, in which E’nd could only guess the dragon was puffing out his chest anyways looking quite pleased that he was at least remembered. “It was difficult when I started, its different from running a hall in a way and I had to set up my own system in terms of keeping everything in order but now it is rather running smoothly.” There was a hint of pride in his voice, it was something he was particularly happy that he had managed to do.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:55 pm
stella cinere

Vosin knew that training had been spotty for some young riders due to the weyrs shattering as thread had been believed to be long gone. Since thread had started falling, everyone one was stepping up. She'd been lucky to receive proper 'between' training, but she guess it had probably been due to the fact of her dragon's color. It wouldn't due to lose a gold. "Mmmmm I've always wanted to see more. Even when I was young." Probably much to her parent's dismay.

"Well I'm glad he found you!" She would have been more than happy to have someone else take over reading scrolls for her. Not that she'd shirk her duties, but still. Vos chuckled softly. "I'm still not sure what makes her pick out the ones she does. I'll have to watch now and see if all the ones she picks are pretty or not." In the back of her mind, she could feel her dragon huff.

"You sound a lot like my twin," a hint of nostalgia entered her voice. Vesin was also a wingsecond, and very good at keeping things in order. Unfortunately her duties didn't leave her much time for family anymore. "I bet it is, when your wingmates could be half a world away." She grinned sympathetically at him. "As long as it works, who are we to question right?" Vos bet it was the pride of many wingleaders and wingseconds to have their wing running smoothly. Each one was different and unique as the riders that made it up.

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 am
“After my mother passed away I really had no time to leave our home, if I wasn’t around then the whole place would have crumbled apart.” E’nd shifted the scrolls in his hands for a moment before he continued,but with a hint of cheer to his expression. “Though my siblings were far more excited in getting rid of me when I was found in a search I think they would have paid people to take me away if they had a choice in the matter.” Not that they probably weren’t a little bitter too at the chance of impressing a dragon, but the thought of ruling a minor hold was more of their aptitude in the end.
“Me too, he constantly reminds me that I need to take a break. That is a break that doesn’t include it being on the schedule.” There were also the lines similar to live a little and the seize the moment that came from the bronze’s mind and that didn’t include chatting about work as having fun. “Fadeth had his way they all would be pretty and then he would spend the rest of years boasting about how pretty each of his children were compared to the rest of the dragonets.”

E’nd looked at her when she mentioned a twin, guessing from the sound it wasn’t someone who was at the weyr with her. “It’s been interesting with keeping up with each of the wingmates knowing where they are, when they come back, and then there are a lot more surprises that crop up when you least expect it.” The reappearance of the thread had seen to that for the most part. “Yes as long as it work and works efficiently that is.”

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:08 pm
stella cinere

Yes, he sounded much like her twin. Vos came up with the wild ideas, and Ves was usually the one who saw the plans through to carry out those ideas. She smiled at the thought of him taking care of his family. "Oh. Are you sure?" She had about been to say, she thought his siblings had been sad when he'd been searched, but hearing him talk about them made her bite her tongue around the words.

"Do you ever go back to visit?" She didn't think he did, given what he'd told her. Vos knew if her parents were still alive she'd want to visit them. She gave a soft sad sigh, remembering her parents. At least she still had her siblings. Though she worried about Ves with thread falling.

She chuckled. "Killakeeth is all about breaks. The whole day should be one long break according to her." It amused her that the two dragons thought so much alike. Perhaps you should hang out with him someday. Pehaps I will, came the enigmatic reply. Vos snickered to herself, sensing the gold's interest. "Nothing wrong with pretty candidates I suppose, but one should give the dragonets variety. Of course. Though some might accuse him of being biased." She grinned.

"I don't know how you do it. I applaud you on the hard work." Perhaps she was a bit too scattered brained for responsibility like that. No, Vosin. You simply have other strengths. Hmm maybe her dragon had a point. She turned her attention back to E'nd. "I would be interested in hearing about some of them. Is there anything I could do to help out?"

magnadearel

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:37 pm
“Oh quite sure, there was murmurs of a private party the night of me leaving. It wasn’t really labeled the pain-in-the-a** brother leaving but it wasn’t hard to guess the motivates behind it.” He gave a bit of a shrug as if to indicate that it really didn’t bother him as it would most. Really he hadn’t fit in from childhood considering he favored his mother over their father but there wasn’t much he could do about it. “No, I haven’t gone home since I arrived. I get updates from an old friend in the house, an occasional letter but beyond that no, no real intentions to.” There wouldn’t be a warm welcome if he had, at the most he wouldn’t have been allowed in longer than a day before blatantly felt he had overstayed his welcome.

“Fadeth would wholeheartedly agree even though he does tend to get work done when it comes down to it.” He chimed as the derg gave a sort of disapproving noise, as if he never did work. “Personally I lean towards more hard working and skilled candidates but really it’s probably best to be well rounded, as for being bias.” He gave a bit of a grin and nodded. “Oh bias for sure when if it happens and I will be there to point the finger.”

“Thank you, and I think the only real reason I can do it is because I’ve spent all my life really organizing everything in general.” There was something about order that he always seemed to drift towards no matter how much chaos was swirling around. Shifting the scrolls he rose a as he glanced at her. “I don’t think you want to be bored with details of work.”

magnadearel
THIS IS SUPER LATE I AM SO SORRY (let me know if you don't want to continue!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:00 pm
stella cinere
I would love to continue and finish this!

"That's a shame," Vos sounded sad. To her family was practically everything. The thought of being happy about her sibling leaving was almost heartbreaking to the young woman. How could your family be happy about that? Proud sure, she'd seen plenty of proud parents when she'd picked their kid to stand at the weyr. But happy to get rid of them? Never. "I hope you're happier here. We're your new family E'nd."

She shook her head, but it was probably mostly hidden behind the scrolls. If Killakeeth could get away with never working and always eating she would. "Sometimes I have to badger her into it." It was ok though, Killakeeth helped her to remember to relax once in awhile and have fun. Maybe she'd have more of a hand with the candidates her dragon chose. It made her curious to see what kind the gold favored. "I'm sure it evens out since there are so many search dragons, even if each one favors one type."

Vos made a noise in the back of her throat. "I wouldn't want to do it myself, but hearing about it from another isn't the same as doing it, thus it can be interesting. I promise to tell you if I'm getting bored ok?" She shifted the scrolls about so she could flash a grin at him. Do you like this one Vosin? Hey I'm only being nice and friendly. Don't you go getting any ideas.

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff