Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 am
It had been one of those days, one of those flights, one of those fights against Thread and Tsuyat was utterly exhausted and his dragon was not far behind. Thread had managed to score the pair of them up in the mid altitude wing when they dodged a wingmate. Luckily for him they were able to pop Between and it cracked the worst of it from Yudueth's shoulders even if it had left a burrow in his left shoulder that was burning it's way deeper with every moment. It had been a very long fight but now that he was finally back on the ground in the Bowl, all of his wingmates safe and his dragon's wounds assessed, the man was beginning to feel the pain. His stalwart stubbornness was making it easy to ignore it and his worry for all those around him made it so that he was distracted thoroughly.

You really should go to the Healers as soon as you can, Mine. It seems as though you're getting worse as that burrows deeper. I'm so sorry that I couldn't crack all of it off.

Head swimming into his view, the small bronze dragon continued his constant stream of concerned insistence that his rider take it easy. Now that they were on the ground he could see the slowed movements that Tsuyat moved with and the streams of red running down his arm. It was making his dragon uneasy to see him in pain even if he was fighting through it, in fact it was starting to cause the little worrywart bronze to become fairly distraught. If he couldn't get his rider to go to the healers then at least he could get him to stop helping everyone but himself?

Scanning about the bowl the little bronze looked for anyone, anyone at all that would help him get his rider to the Healers to get rid of the small strand of Thread that was still hurting his stubborn self.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:43 am
Hattaki
how long should we say it's been since they've seen one another? soui is gonna be so excited.....

It had been a bad Threadfall, or at least that was what Soui was hearing from the healers who were gathering supplies. There was gossip (not unusual) about there being a lack of support from High Reaches, something about a plague going on and so many downed riders, and thus Western was stretching themselves thin to try and do the work of the many. A lot of that conversation and the other remarks that went with it echoed out of Soui's head, as she didn't care much for gossip or speculation. She had been brought here by Pem to help, and so she was going to help as best she could.

Naturally, she wasn't allowed to perform treatment on her own, let alone any sort of choices involving such, but she could carry bandages and some salves to where others were working. So, today, Soui found herself with arms full of bandages and hips covered in satchels full of bottles of salves. Her job was to help the healers by making sure they had whatever they needed, running back and forth to ensure no one ran out and had to go looking. Atop her head, a small dark green flit kept watch of everything, chirping as she directed Soui towards where she ought to be going.

Several riders and their dragons looked to be already underway, but a flicker of bronze in the corner of her eye, plus Dom's shrill chirp, had the apprentice turning on her heels to move towards someone who looked like no one was helping them. Soui couldn't do much more other than ask what was wrong, but that was a start? She started over at a jog, but had to stop several times as she dropped some bandages. The flitter picked one up and started towards the rider, stopping in front of him and trilling. "Hold on, I'll be right there! Are you okay?"  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 am
A bugle left the bronze dragon when he saw a girl running over and a scent hit his nose, one that he remembered, one that he had known from years before. But in his distress he couldn't place it exactly and simply responded to her question by gently pushing his rider towards her, eyes swimming a bright yellow color as Tsyuat struggled against him, words failing him as he tried to look his dragon over for any evidence of remaining Thread burrows that could be in his skin too. It was the worry that pushed him to keep ignoring the mounting pain in his left shoulder.

I'm fine, you're not though! If you don't get that looked at and the burrow remove you could lose your arm, who can you help then!?

"It's my job to worry about others. I can have it looked at in a bit after I'm sure that everyone is okay. That was a terrible Threadfall, we had too many wounded without High Reaches." Tsuyat's voice sounded strained as he spoke, the thin rivers of red getting worse as they ran down his arm and smeared across his dragon's skin. He used his shirt to wipe it off the bronze's hide and he pressed his forehead against him as he tried to breathe through the steadily growing pain. It was all that he could do to hear the little voice that called out to him and the only response he could formulate escaped him wearily, "There are others you should worry about first."

Yudueth trumpeted once more for the familiar girl and moved towards her himself, his long tail wrapping around Tsuyat's waist to lift him from the ground carefully and meet her halfway.

houllow
I would say about five years at least. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm
The dark green flitter trilled once again as Soui finally made her way over, the distance much shorter thanks to the dragon, and she looked up with a smile. "Sorry about that, I - " The rolls of bandages in her arms were promptly dropped again as the little healer got a proper look at the person in front of her, and her eyes drew wide as the smile practically overtook her face. "....Tsu?? Is that you, Tsu??? And Yudu?!"

It had been Turns since Soui had last seen the man she knew to be her cousin, and before she could properly control herself (or remember that he was hurt) she threw her arms about him in a tight squeeze. "Tsu! It's me, Soui!"

Hattaki
OF COURSE SHE HUGS EVEN IF HE'S HURT WHO CARES AMIRITE

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 pm
Wait, wait Soui he has a Thread burrow don't-

It was all the dragon could manage to get out before the little girl, who's face he remembered clear as a summer day, wrapped her arms around Tsuyat's torso and arms and hugged him up tightly. Eyes widening in pain, but with the announcement of his small cousin's name completely unwilling to show that he was in any pain or cause her any fear by yelping loudly in response to the squeezing hug, the bronze rider tensed every muscle in his body and bit harshly into his cheek. Soui was young and even though she was training to become a healer it still showed that she wasn't entirely an adult yet with her reactions.

Under all normal circumstances the man found his young cousin to be absolutely adorable, for she was just that! Her short stature and adorable features paired with that deep desire to help made him want to pocket her and spoil her senseless every time he got to spend any time with her, which wasn't nearly often enough as he would like.

With a Thread burrowing it's way into his shoulder though, Tsuyat let Yudueth's tail hold his body upright as he went all but boneless from pain, thankful the small bronze would allow him at least that shred of dignity in front of his family. "Hey Soui, it's been such a long time, I'm glad to see you." Exhaustion threaded through his words as he spoke them and the smile that he gave her was strained even if it was completely genuine. Truly he was happy to see her once more, but it could have been under better circumstances.

Small sister, do you know where a healer is that can pull out a Thread burrow before he loses that arm? It would be a shame for so many Turns of Massage Craft to go to waste as a result of his stubbornness.

houllow
The voice of reason speaks in the end! XD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 pm
"Aaaaahhhhhh!!!" Soui jumped back, as though Yudu's words struck her face like a slap. She'd been trained to be careful and cautious, forged by her family and their lessons to be respectful to patients, and all of that had just flown away as soon as she recognized her cousin and his dragon. She would scold herself as hard as she could once she was alone, but for now she needed to do her duty. Gone from her face was the look of a child expressing glee at finding a loved one; in its place was that of a healer, a shrewd individual ready to assess damage and right a wrong.

A hand was raised up, and the dark green flitter alighted every so softly on Soui's fingers, small claws holding on as the rest of her body stayed aloft. "Tsu, I'm sending Dom to get someone to help you. I can do basic treatment, if you'll allow it, but until a healer gets here all I can do is alleviate some of the pain." The childishness in her voice was gone as well, and she flicked her wrist up to send the flitter between. Likely Dom was off to get Pem, or someone close to Pem, and thus it was up to the healer apprentice to do whatever she was able.

"Which arm? Yudueth, set him down so I can get his jacket off properly and start to get some numbweed on the injury." Soui motioned for the bronze to release his rider, and already her hands were gingerly holding at her cousin's coat. Thankfully she had bandages, and numbweed, but she cursed herself at not knowing what to do next. Assess, prep - those words echoed, but was she really that useless? No, she had to keep going, and she released the coat to pull gloves on her hands, in an effort to prevent her fingers from going numb when she worked.

Hattaki
SOUI IS SO UPSET AT HERSELF

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 pm
Startled enough to tense up at the scream of what seemed like panic, pain lashing through him as the burrow in his shoulder seemed to react to his movement, Tsuyat found himself pressed down to the ground in a sitting position before he could react any further. Soui's professional demeanor was actually more of a shock than the scream had been, a switch flipped in her and instantly a very mature human stood in her place that was ready for action and prepared to dole out help as she could. It was sobering for him to know that she'd grown so much in the five years since he'd last seen her and that it had nothing to do with her height at all. Words stilled on his lips as he took in the difference that a few years could make, bleary eyes searching her face for any recognition of the young girl he used to play with when she was so small. Certainly she was still there but she'd grown up so quickly.

It could also be that you've remained the same stubborn, overly giving, rock head. Though it would seem that the trait for giving too much of oneself runs in your family's gene-pool. Thank your cousin for her prompt assessment of your injuries.

"Left shoulder." Tsuyat responded wearily, the very thought of having to give permission to have his family help him making the realization that he had been detached from them sink in even further as he pulled off his thick rider's jacket to show the wicked section of angry and damaged skin, "Managed to worm it's way in there despite hopping Between. Seriously, there are others that have worse injuries I'm sure..."

Just having to speak it out loud made him realize just how worn out he was doing double duty to make up for the sickness running through High Reaches. Luckily some of the old Weyrs were beginning to train their riders and get wings together, but they were haphazard at best currently and more than once he'd seen riders from those areas make mistakes that could cost them their lives. Some already had lost them with lack of training. His concern for others was valid, at least in his own opinion and he knew that Yudueth actually shared it despite it all.

I do have concern for those that fly with us, but my first priority is your safety as well. Fool. You can help no one if you are so damaged yourself that you lose an arm.

houllow
Poor Soui! Yudu says you shouldn't be upset at yourself,
yell at your cousin!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 pm
"Be quiet. There is no contest when it comes to being injured, so don't try to make one." Soui's words were firm as she carefully removed the jacket, her eyes flitting back and form between Tsuyat's face and his shoulder for any changes. It was likely there wasn't any Thread left on his clothes, but carelessness could cause even more damage if she wasn't paying attention. With the jacket removed she could see the injury, and a thin hiss escaped her mouth as she sucked in air.

Numbweed would just barely help. She needed a true healer here, now, but she couldn't act on emotions alone. Staying calm was her forte, being collected and able to perform without becoming hysterical was a skill. Wordlessly she dipped her hand into her numbweed salve and spread it around the wound, careful just to dull the edges as she would have been taught. Anything further was beyond her knowledge and carried risks, and so Soui focused on what she knew.

With a final smear of what she had, Soui looked up at Tsuyat. "I've done the starting basics, and someone should be over to see you quickly. I think....just from a first glance it's not going to do any major damage, and you shouldn't lose any function in your arm." The young apprentice had been studying muscles just recently, thanks to Pem insisting she learn in case of more maulings and what not. "How's your pain? Is the numbweed at least taking off some of the edge?" Despite her voice staying firm, there was a small sniffle.

Then another, and another, and Soui hiccuped. Was she....

crying?

Hattaki
you can have a proper healer come over and sweep him away, and then we can flash forward to her seeing him after treatment?

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 am
Despite his stubborn streak and his tendency to tell people to focus on themselves or others long before him, Tsuyat found himself closing his eyes and heaving a very small sigh at the relief flooding through his arm. The burrow was still there, the pain was still excruciating, but the cool numbing feeling that passed down the areas of his arm that weren't hurting was enough to remind him that he still had feeling there. That was enough to help him and to calm his breathing that had roughened with every moment since he'd landed and only increased with the hug he'd received from his beloved cousin.

Pay attention then.

Words striking him like lightning with the intensity Yudueth issued them, the rider turned his head towards the bronze and locked eyes with the faceted orbs that were currently roiling red with anger and rage. Even his words had sounded furious and it was completely rare for the kind bronze to speak in a way that indicated another emotion despite that singular one. Shaken by the occurrence but managing to keep that shock hidden from all but the dragon himself, Tsuyat turned to see a tear slide down Soui's cheek and instantly understood.

"Much better. But you know that's a lie so I won't play that game with you." Hand from his good arm coming to rest on her shoulder, Tsuyat pulled her into a tight hug against his broad chest and well away from the area she had just treated and kissed the top of her head, "Please don't cry Soui. This is just what it's like since Thread returned, I promise it'll be okay."

Soui was his cousin, his favorite and he wasn't afraid in the least to admit that to anyone that asked, to see her so sad broke his heart into shards smaller than what his angry dragon had managed. It took everything that he had to release the sad little girl when a healer laid a hand on his right shoulder and coughed as politely as they could manage. He had to follow, if he didn't get the burrow out he really might lose the arm or his life, his cousin would hate him then and his dragon would lose his life along with him. Heart pounding, an action that forced more blood to the area unwittingly, Tsuyat rose and followed the healer wherever it was they were heading, dark eyes casting back over at Soui as Yudueth reached down to press his head against her back.

He really was luckier than he deserved.

--------------------------

Of that we are at least in agreement.

"What are we in agreement on exactly?" Tsuyat stood with the hand of his good arm on his hip and cast a weary look at his know-it-all dragon. Hours had passed since he had been forced to leave to follow the healers to have his arm patched up and one of the first things he'd needed to do was report to his wingleader. That duty done he had sheaves of paperwork to fill out but something far more important to him was looming and he intended to see it done.

That there are rocks rolling around in your thick skull where a brain would reside in any other. How could you be so stubborn that you made your cousin cry?

Bronze tail sweeping around to smack his back, well to the right and away from his recent wound and the left arm that was restrained in a sling to keep him from using it for at least a day, Yudueth hissed at him as they walked in their search. He had lost track of Soui as the dragonhealers had come to look at the small wound on his shoulder where he'd cracked Thread from, the same thread that had burrowed his rider. As such they had been concerned for the bronze as well and he had no fault to find in it, submitting to the treatment and careful hands willingly.

"I didn't know she was going to cry, I didn't know that I was even going to see her! I don't know why Pem brought her to Western Weyr right as we're scrambling to fight what High Reaches can't handle, but they shouldn't be here... or at least they could have warned me so I could have met them." exasperation was settling in him as he scanned the surrounding areas on their walk, hoping desperately to catch sight of his tiny cousin or at least his uncle so he could beat sense in him. Which of course would not work or even happen as Pem was wilier than Tsuyat could ever hope to be.

We.

"Yes yes yes, WE."

houllow
Does not have a good track record right noooow. XD Yudueth is still quite peeved.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 pm
Soui didn't really have time to register the affection, or respond, as her cousin was quickly ushered off by a proper healer. It lifted her spirits somewhat to know he was going to be in good hands thanks to Dom, and almost as if following her thoughts the dark green flitter popped from between and settled atop her head. Yudueth's head against her back was a welcome reprieve from her thoughts, and the small girl turned and quickly wrapped her arms about his entire face. A few people nearby made some sort of noise, something about the dragon being injured and needing care too, and so the little apprentice let go just as quickly as she'd grabbed on.

"I'm gonna go now Yudu, but I'll see you again really soon." Those were her parting words as she gathered up the supplies she'd dropped earlier, and with a turn on her heels Soui disappeared into the crowd.

- ---

For the most part, Soui kept herself busy. Handing off bandages, rubbing salve on wounds as directed, keeping people calm and focused. Being a healer came naturally, or at least the love of it and willingness to continue no matter what, and so when it looked as though things were wrapping up - for this group anyway - the young girl stretched her arms above her head and glanced about. Her uncle was off somewhere, likely cursing about something or another as he was oft to do, but there was no sign of her cousin and his dragon. She'd like to see them again, for a chance to talk at least.

Mostly, Soui wanted to apologize for the hug and her tears. Reflection on her actions had shown she was very unprofessional and childish, and so she needed to say sorry and let them both know it wouldn't happen again. It was important for a healer to stay focused and on task while working, and she needed to master keeping her professional and personal lives separate. "Dom, help me look for the pair from earlier please."

Her request was met with a yawn, but eventually Dom spread her wings from her perch and took to the air, circling around to see if the target was nearby. Soui kept a good picture in her mind, one she sent up, to make sure that her cousin and her twin were easily spotted. An affirmative chirp was the response after a few candleticks, and the green took off with the intention of having Soui follow. A couple of zigzags through crowds later, a familiar bronze hide came into view and the little jog Soui had turned into a full blown sprint.

"YUUUDUUUUU!!!" The happy cry was followed by a small girl quickly latching on to a large dragon's leg, her face happily rubbing into the muscle. "I found you!"

Hattaki
DRAMA LLAMAS

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm
Not completely unaccustomed to having someone or something attached to one of his large legs, Yudueth tilted his head to one side so that her form was reflected in one huge blue eye. It had been so long, so very long since he'd seen his twin, even if they were of course not and he couldn't restrain himself from pressing his nose against her head and breathing in deeply. The scent was familiar and yet different, tinged with the smell of cleaning and medical numbweed, all the scents that came with being a healer and often spelled comfort to those dragons that had needed them in the past. With a fresh patch of salve on his left shoulder below the wing, Yudueth was more than aware of how badly Healers were needed and thanked his lucky stars that someone like Soui had been there to help him when he'd needed it.

He also cast another thought up to any save the Red Star that she was calmer and seemed in a much happier mood than previously when his block headed rider had upset her so.

It is good to see you again Soui, there were too many Turns where this one had not seen his own family, I was beginning to think he'd forgotten all about them and they him.

Raising an eyebrow nearly to his cropped black hair, Tsuyat propped the fist of his good arm on his hip and shook his head in irritation at the small bronze. As if he would forget his own family or his desire to be around them, things had simply come about in the past few years with the return of Thread and his being promoted to Wingsecond. All the paperwork that he could ever hope to try and drown himself under found it's way to his desk and all the time he might have spent following other pursuits was instead funneled into his duties. So moments like this one, moments that he was able to spend with his family or friends were special to him and he'd managed to make an absolute disaster of it by being stubborn.

Maybe Yudueth had been correct and he should just listen to what others told him no matter what the situation. He had a tendency to do just that under pressure regardless, so he wasn't entirely certain of himself at the best of times. So for the time being he would allow the two 'twins' to catch up with one another from a safe distance, Tsuyat harbored no delusions who Soui's favorite was and had always been for the bronze was his favorite as well.

Instead he turned his head away from the display as the little green fire lizard that had bonded to his cousin bobbed in the air nearby, clearly the one that had guided her to their location. When had she bonded to the little green and why had he not heard of it until now? From her earlier interactions with it he could tell that she had trained what was otherwise a rather flighty creature overall into an assistant of sorts. Soui never ceased to amaze him with her skill.

houllow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 pm
"You two didn't get the letters I've sent?" Soui planted a kiss on Yudu's face before nuzzling back up against him, unashamed of such brazen affection to a dragon who very clearly was not her own. Let others stare, she had nothing to hide and the fact that both her cousin and his dragon allowed it only emboldened her more. The young girl shared a special bond with this bronze after all - they had both hatched on the same day, in the same Turn, and thus they were twin spirits.

Not that either of them would say such things outside of small company, of course, and Soui always relished the fact that Yudueth was so willing to talk with her. His voice inside her mind was always warm and welcome, like a blanket that protected. There were a few times that Soui envied Tsuyat for his bond, being able to hear this voice and feel this dragon's love always, but she could honestly say she was happy for him. Despite what her cousin might have thought, she did treasure him far more than he gave himself credit for. Yudueth was her spirit twin, and Tsuyat was the love of her life.

In family terms, of course.

Her affection time with Yudueth needing a pause, so as her cousin didn't feel left out, Soui skipped over and gingerly wrapped her arms about the waist of the taller rider. "I love you too, you know." Her response came to an unasked question. "You looked like you were sulking just a little bit. Are you in pain still? I don't have anything on me I can use, but I can send Dom to get something." At the mention of her name, the dark green trilled happily. She had been looking at Tsuyat with some amusement, though now her attention was focused between Soui and the massive dragon. "She's not mine. You know that Mama and Papa forbid me from ever having a firelizard, right? Dominus belongs to Pem, but he has her keep an eye on me when I go around since I'm new here."

Soui placed a finger to her lips, having to lean back a bit from where she'd kept her head against Tsuyat's torso. "We have to keep that a secret, okay? Pem says Mama will stake him out for Thread if she ever finds out."

Hattaki
okay so soui would probably marry tsuyat if he asked her because she IS thirteen and confusing love with like and *rambles on and on*

she'll grow out of it i swear, it's like loving your dad lol

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:55 am
Head tilting to one side slightly as he pulled his nose out of the profuse puff that was his twin's hair, Yudueth's eyes swirled what appeared to be a rather un-amused yellow color in his confusion of her words. Though his eyes usually remained a rather worried yellow color in general which was largely due to his rather pessimistic view of life on Pern in general, especially in light of recent events with that had been taking place at High Reaches. So far away and yet they were affecting both Western and Southern Weyrs with their illness which had gratefully not spread to the two overworked places. Horror slid down the bronze dragon's spine simply thinking about Soui being anywhere near High Reaches with how sick all those riders were and before he could keep it from happening white tinged those faceted orbs and he spoke quickly to play it off.

You sent letters? I'm certain that this one must have lost them, or else they never made it. I'm sorry that we never received them to respond, usually Tsuyat is buried under so much paperwork that he would certainly respond to a letter of any sort as long as it had nothing to do with wing maneuvers.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tsuyat responded to his dragon gruffly, eyes narrowed at the bronze hide as he sent a wave of calm over him, no matter what the dragon did he would always know when he was feeling upset or distressed, "I have no problem writing up paperwork as a Wingsecond."

Ruffling Soui's hair when she hugged him with the hand on his right arm, the man attempted to make a fist and was able to close it at least reasonably tight. Everything hurt at the moment but he would never allow her to see the pain that he felt, nothing passing over his face or behind his eyes to betray it other than a smile that was as real as any of his others. For he was at least, in that moment, thinking of Soui and not his own pain or the afternoon he'd spent with the Healers as they'd dug a burrow out of the muscle in his left shoulder. Their prognosis had at least been good, he'd regain all the use in the arm as long as he listened to them and worked along with them to strengthen it once more. It had severed muscles, but that was apparently no cause for alarm as they were certain that they could return them to working form.

Still it left him slightly irritated, not that he'd gotten hurt, but that Soui had been there to see it.

"I'm much better, they gave me a bunch of different things to take the pain away. As long as I do what they say my arm'll be just fine and I can take it out of this sling." He raised an eyebrow at his cousin this time though at her words, a secret fire lizard, that at least explained how well trained it was. Knowing Pem he was certain that nothing stepped out of line around the man other than Soui herself, she had always been his soft spot even if he acted tough. Tsuyat was no fool when it came to his uncle, but at the moment... "So what brings you three to Western Weyr anyway, Soui? I'm sure it wasn't just to see Yudueth or myself, though we're glad to have you all here, secret or not."

Reaching out to run a thumb over the little green lizard's head, he reminisced a bit about how small Yudueth had been so long ago and found himself thoroughly amused that he'd been at least the size of a small runnerbeast even at his youngest. Lucky for them both he'd stayed small, with the bronze's acrobatic tendencies he wasn't sure how he'd have survived being too large to dance through the air. Tsuyat had seen the little fire lizards around the Weyr of course, they were always floating about in fairs so large that there was no way one could ever miss them. More than once he'd wondered how useful the small creatures were and at least now it seemed as though they were fairly easy to get along with, for Dominus showed little sign of aggression like a wild one or any fight.

Some day he'd have to get Soui her own, his aunt and uncle couldn't do much to him where he stood in Western, let them try. His own father would laugh it off if they so much as approached him in irritation, though his mother might roll her eyes at him next they met.

houllow
He's totally oblivious as always. XD Someday Soui! Someday he'll understand!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:19 pm
Soui kept herself hugging Tsuyat, just relishing the warmth that she knew and loved very much. The girl was a hugger, at least around very close family, and the affection she wanted to give was usually directed only towards her parents and towards Tsuyat. Yudueth too, of course, but for the moment it was Tsuyat. Dominus relished the petting, she too loved affection, and with a trill directed towards Soui she popped Between, off somewhere to return soon.

"Pem came here after the hatching, to help with all the injuries that'd happened. He's trained in traumatic healing after all, so maulings and the like are within his scope of knowledge." Soui paused before she continued. "As for me, Pem's my instructor. You're looking at a fully accepted healer apprentice, so where he goes I go." The fact that Pem had just casually brought his thirteen-turn niece with him to a Weyr during Thread and after a bad hatching left some questionable judgement, but there was the heavy implication that Soui had insisted she come along.

It had been easy enough. Pem was told to go, Soui all but broke his ears off begging him to be brought along. Pem said no, Soui's mother said yes. End of story, and now Soui could be with her favorite cousin and experience a whole new way of life. "I did really miss you guys, you never come to visit anymore. I mean, I know it's because of Thread and you have major responsibilities to the Weyr and the holds, but... "

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm
A brief memory came back to him from that hatching. Though they were often vibrant and rightfully drew all the attention that the Weyr had to offer, Tsuyat's wing had been fighting Thread during it and had spent the hours in the air fighting the threatening devastation from the sky all while heedless to the devastation being wrought on the hatching grounds. Upon their return they'd discovered mass maulings of Candidates and a death in the wake of celebration and festivities. Though it had only been early winter on the Western Continent it hadn't at all been cold enough for Thread to be cracked to dust, often it never was. Rather than take part in the party, Tsuyat had returned to his own personal weyr and filled out paperwork for injuries and firestone eaten.

The gore and tragedy had been forced back for at least that night while he and Yudueth had relaxed in the wake of it all.

Running a hand down the back of Soui's head, smoothing down her hair in the process, Tsuyat watched the little fire lizard hop between and sighed out, "Even though I know you likely begged Pem to bring you, it still makes me sad to know that you have to watch all of this. Healers are right in the middle of it all constantly, so it isn't to say that you'll never see pain or blood or even death, but you're so young to see how Thread decimates everything so up close and personal." Dark eyes were sad in his strong face as he thought of the hands that Soui would hold as life slipped from them.

If there are any that can handle it, the daughter of healers and my twin will rise to the occasion spectacularly. Trust in Soui, she knew already what you needed only a short time ago, if anything happens we can protect her.

Yudueth had made certain to let his voice ring in the heads of both his beloved humans, but only one reacted by leveling a scathing glance towards him. "That's exactly what I'm concerned about, we can't." Rubbing the bridge of his nose as his cousin, most beloved of his family and the only one of the two presently at the Weyr he'd give his life for in a moment, spoke of how infrequently she'd seen him. Sadness spilled through him even if a bittersweet tinge colored the edge of it all, "Since we've become Wingseconds Yudueth and I have had less and less time to ourselves. I'm so sorry we never come to visit as often anymore. Now that you're here we can take you anywhere you want during any free time we get."

That alone helped him to feel excited, he could show her so much around the Weyr she was visiting. Maybe even introduce her to a few people...

I know these people that you intend to introduce her to, or rather 'person'. Let well enough alone rider.

Rider and dragon shared a moment between the pair that could border on laughable, each attempting to stare the other down and neither willing to back down about it. Each loved the little girl before them deeply and equally, her best interest was the only thing on either's mind.

houllow

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces