Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[FIN] Tell You All About It When I Got The Time [Saj | Leu] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:30 pm
Tell You All About It When I Got The Time

Over the course of the next few days since his encounter with the street urchin, while Sajah had been spending more lunches with Leu or coworkers in the past for convenience among other things, he began instead to take time out to the market. ‘Naz’ was a frequent visitor. Sajahka did not think much of it at first, but in the encounters to come — based partly on the child’s later inquiry, insisting again on knowing how he’d gotten what he had without being noticed — Sajah took to giving small, unofficial ‘lessons’ in pickpocketing during his lunch breaks, as well as using a small portion of his coin each time to fund a lunch for Naz.

He didn’t realize how much of a habit it had become until he did decide to forgo going into market in favor of instead spending lunch at the ranch, where a portion of their co-workers, including Leu, were gathered, at which point came the question:

“Where have you been?”

“Aye, decided to grace us with your presence today again finally?” Niiro sat propped back against one of the outer table-benches behind the small on-property mess hall, where in good weather, it made for perfect outdoor eating.

“Perhaps he’s found another boyfriend to keep him busy…made him too good for us.” There was a teasing lilt to that comment at least, though Sajah only snorted, shaking his head in response and giving Leukos a glance before taking a seat himself.

«I have been busy. It is actually…» He cleared his throat, looking specifically to Leu. «It is someone that I might perhaps need your help with.»  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm

User Image
In the weeks since they had laid all the cards out on the table, Leukos and Sajahka had slowly slipped into a comfortable rhythm with each other, and things had seemed to naturally fall into place. Leukos kept his work and personal life separated, drawing clear lines for himself on what he should and should not be getting into with his ‘roommate’. And despite the occasional awkward hiccup that was bound to crop up, they were doing well. He spent time getting to know his boyfriend, and Saj kept himself occupied in the meantime. It was easy.

Except recently, he'd found that he was seeing less of Sajahka than usual. They hadn't had lunch with each other in days - and despite being glad that Saj seemed to have found something he enjoyed enough to not need Leukos around to keep him entertained - he was starting to miss his presence. So much so that when he saw Sajah approaching the table where he sat eating his meal, a tripping ball of warmth bounced up his throat and into his mouth, making him smile. And as his coworkers teased the other man, Leukos felt a kernel of curiosity pop up, eyeing Sajahka.

Had he found a boyfriend?

It was a question with an answer that Leukos didn't know how to feel about.

Popping a fork full of flaky white fish meat into his mouth, he chewed speculatively, swallowing as Saj asked him a question.

He quirked an eyebrow, tipping his head. “What sort of mischief have you gotten your hands into this time?”

[1/10]
The Only Black Uke

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm
“It is a boyfriend.” Only hearing one side of the conversation, the mention of mischief seemed to inspire further amusement from their lunchmates, and Sajah sent the speaker a look—and then raised a circled fist towards his mouth, making a rather openly crude imitative gesture of oral activity with an invisible ‘something’ to be imagined by the viewer.

He trusted his point was accurately conveyed when he earned a gag for his efforts and a scoff. “Gross. We didn’t need to know that much.”

Snorting, Saj grinned before turning his focus back to Leu. «It’s not a boyfriend. It’s…»

Would Leu approve of him bringing a child to their place even for a meal without more information? What was protocol with street urchins? It occurred to him that perhaps he should have spent more time planning how to present his case before bringing it to Leu out of the blue, but in the end, that was why he was bringing it up: he no longer knew what to do, and it felt wrong to do nothing.

«Someone attempted to steal from me at the beginning of this week. A child, perhaps seven or eight summers. I gave it enough coin for a meal…» He squinted. «Then it came back. Now it keeps coming back and I don’t know what to do with it. I think it might need a child shelter? If there is one in this town… It’s very dirty.» He fiddled with his food, and then took a bite, considering before deciding to admit: «I have been feeding it so far.»  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Leukos had to cover his mouth as he choked on a less than elegant snort, eyes wide in shocked amusement at Saj's theatric rendition of gay love making practices.

The lack of a filter on this man would never cease to amaze him.

Patting a fist to his chest, he coughed, trying to collect himself again and give Sajah his full attention. But then he was hit with another punch of surprise, as he never would have guessed that a dirty street urchin was what had been keeping Saj so busy lately. But he seemed legitimately concerned, so Leukos tried to be as well. Not that he had much experience dealing with this particular brand of city parasite.

Food entirely forgotten, he tapped the tip of his fork on the table, thinking. “I honestly do not know if there is an orphanage here, I've never had any reason to ask. But I'm sure there is one, for a city this large. But you know, Saj,” he said, setting his cutlery down. “You can't just assume that because the child is hungry and stealing, that it does not have a home already. Whether or not it is anything of a respectable place to live is another matter entirely; not all families are attentive to their children's needs.”

He pursed his lips, hesitating as he attempted to put his next words in as gentle terms as possible. “And sometimes it is not…wise...to give anything to these kinds of people. It is not that they do not need or appreciate the gesture, but the relationship can get a bit…dependent. What is to stop this child from telling all its friends and relations that you are someone who can be relied on for a free meal? And if you stop the generosity for whatever reason…what then?”

[2/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 am
Sajah grunted as Leukos spoke, and brought up — well, some fairly relevant points that he hadn’t fully thought through, in any case. «I admit I don’t know whether it has a home. I cannot exactly…speak with it, he can’t seem to read. But, he calls himself ‘N-A-Z’. He is a terrible thief…» Saj hesitated only a moment before deciding to admit. «I have been showing him how to do it better, before he loses a hand.»

He rolled his shoulders then, though, frowning at the latter words because—Leukos was right in a respect, or at least he could understand where he was coming from. But at the same time, though circumstances had changed, he still felt more like one of ‘these kinds of people’ than anything else some of the time.

It was his life, for far longer than it hadn’t been. And his change in circumstance seemed thanks only to time, luck—and, he thought as he studied Leu, the help of good people. He turned his utensil absently, but in the end forfeited food for words:

«So far it hasn’t. And it cannot rely on me for that always, nor do I plan on trying. I can’t feed it every day, but I don’t…feel good doing nothing. I thought…perhaps I could introduce you so that you can speak to it and we can see what it needs.»

If the child had parents—well, they didn’t seem to be doing an especially good job, but at least then Sajah would know, and at the moment that was better than not knowing at all. He didn’t like children. They were dirty, foul, noisey, problematic, complicated and delicate in a way he didn’t really understand—so much small human potential that would one day become a grown being making its own decisions and anything bad that happened early could ruin everything for the future.

Really, he probably oughtn’t be involved at all, and he did trust there was a reason child rearing had been tasked with women and men who had women to help them. But, for some reason, in this particular instance—it felt that some form of inquiry would unlikely do more harm than good.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:58 am

Leukos could appreciate where Saj was coming from, and how genuinely worried he was about this boy he had found. It was hard to see the less fortunate and not feel some kind of sympathy, at least on an instinctually base level. But often, you had to format a certain resistance to it, or else it could become overwhelming. That was what Leukos had decided for himself, anyways.

But something else he signed had him frowning, concerned now. He kept his mouth closed, choosing his hands instead. «I understand that you are worried about his safety, but please do not get dragged back into crime again. You have been doing well here, and I do not want you to risk it all by getting caught with your fingers in someone's pocket. I will not tell you to stop seeing this child, but I will insist that you stop teaching him how to be a better criminal, especially if it involves hands on training.»

«But, that being said,» he set his hands down, switching back to speaking plainly for anyone listening. “I think your heart is in the right place. If you'd like me to meet the boy, I will. Hopefully we can help put your mind at ease, and help him if he is in an unfavorable position in his life.”

[3/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am
Sajah blinked, surprised for the first moment when Leukos seemed particularly concerned—at least enough so to switch to signing. Then, it became apparent why, and he grunted, ears giving an abashed flick as a touch of heat crawled into them. «I have not been stealing for him. Nor have I been helping or watching him steal from anyone else. Just…demonstrating, with our own pockets, and allowing him to practice on me.»

It wasn’t perhaps much better. Sajahka just figured—well, the child was a liability to himself if he didn’t learn properly. Crime was dangerous. The world was not kind to beggars, but it was especially unfond of thieves and anything ‘worse’ — often regardless of the age of the culprit.

I will insist that you stop teaching him how to be a better criminal…

Sajah resisted the urge to huff. It was one of his less reputable talents, certainly, but it was something he liked to think he knew decently well — and very, very privately, he had to admit he was having some fun turning it into a game of training and getting the chance to practice again himself in a harmless way. For now, however, he shrugged and nodded in vague assent.

He wasn’t ready to promise never outright, but he wasn’t about to risk anything not worth it. «You have my word my fingers will not be in any pockets, or engaged in anything illegal.» And at the final offer, he flushed, grinning sheepishly in spite of himself before stuffing a bite into his mouth. «Thank you.»

And thus, with just a little further discussion and arrangement, the following day Sajah lead the way into town in the particular section where he had been having his repeat appearances. He supposed he still couldn’t be entirely certain the kid would show, but if not—well, it was a good enough excuse to buy Leukos lunch anyway, and that was what he was doing, standing in line at a vendor booth, when he spotted a familiar patch of dark, seaweed green hair.

He raised his eyebrows, watching as for once, the child seemed to hesitate ahead of time before even approaching, yellow eyes squinting at his company. Sajahka notched his head, encouraging Naz in, and after a moment, finally, there was forward progression.

“Who’s this?” came the demand upon arrival, and Naz’s gaze flit up and down Leukos speculatively, lingering a half step to the side and nearer to Saj. “He looks like he stole a fancy lady’s hair.”

Sajahka coughed into a fist.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm

As they stood waiting for lunch, Leukos would be lying if he tried to say he wasn’t at least moderately excited to meet the boy that had so captured Sajahka’s attention. What variety of youngling might it be...was he quiet and calculating, with attentive eyes that were always watching and taking in the world around him? Or perhaps it was a small, bedraggled doll of a boy, who’s pitiful attempts and adorable face had captured Saj’s heart? Or maybe…

He was something else entirely.

It had only been three seconds, and he’s already insulted him.

Now he saw why Saj was so enchanted.

This,” he gestured at himself, eyebrow arched. “Is your teacher’s friend. And unlike some people, I do not make it a habit of stealing things. I presume you’re ‘Naz’?”

But after a moment to recover from the initial bristling, he took a good look at the child. They were the perfect image of what one would expect of an orphan living on the streets: scuffed feet, ragged clothing that hung two sizes too big, tangled hair that looked like it hadn’t seen a proper brushing in months, a dirty face scrunched up with-

He frowned.

“Saj,” he turned towards the man at his side, crossing his arms. “You didn’t tell me this was a little girl; that changes some things.”

[4/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Nazumi’s eyes narrowed speculatively, flitting over the unanticipated newcomer. He was so tall. The silent one, whose name she had of course never managed to get but whom she had mentally dubbed Long Ears, was tall enough by comparison to her though she suspected he wasn’t actually even so tall as her father. Next to one another it was almost comical.

She puffed. “He ain’t my teache-” She squinted. “What’d he tell you? Yeah. That’s me. Your friend ain’t said much o’ nothin’ to me-” You didn’t tell me this was a little girl… “I AIN’T! If he said I was he’s a liar! I ain’t-”

Sajahka, meanwhile, blinked. First at Leukos’ observation, and then the very loud reaction it earned moments later. His eyebrows rose. «I didn’t know. It was a guess…it never told me…» He watched, though, as the — girl’s? — eyes fixated on his fingers, and then darted between them and Leukos, eventually pausing with a suspicious squint upwards at the man. Her head had to crane almost fully back to eye his face.

“Are you his girlfriend?”  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Leukos was once again inspired to make unflattering noises as he snorted, laughing outright before pinching his lips together, visibly fighting to keep the giggles tucked inside his mouth. She was just so offended . It was ridiculously adorable. Anything else Naz said after that lost the prickle she’d initially come armed with, as Leukos was reminded that this was just a silly, puffing child he was talking to. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt; kids just said what was on their minds, even if it was rude, or just plain wrong.

Taking a steadying breath, he grinned, working through talking again. “No, I am not his girlfriend, though I would have thought that should be obvious. What with my being a man and everything.”

He gestured at his chest, which was very much lacking in the tits department. “How about I start the introductions again? My name is Leukos. And this guy right here, who you are already acquainted with-” he patted Saj’s chest in turn. “Is Sajahka. And don’t worry, you are not in trouble; he did not let anyone else know what you two have been up to. But we are friends, and he felt that I should meet you. So here I am, meeting you, Naz .”

[5/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:21 pm
The child, who had looked offended enough at being called out, seemed only to purple further as Leukos digressed into laughing, and at his side, Sajahka felt a smile pull at his own lips, his eyes moving to watch Leu giggle — and the warm bubble it inspired in his gut was not too objectionable, he supposed. Instead, for whatever reason, he felt more relaxed, and pleased that they were ‘getting along.’

Naz scoffed. “Ain’t what I meant. You got like…” Her eyes flit again between them, her curiosity apparently getting the better of whatever offense there was. “Some secret finger wiggle code. So you gotta be special.”

At the proper introduction, though, she glanced to Saj. “Sajahka. Well, that’s good knowing anyhow…” Her eyes pinned Leu again. “Dunno why he thought-”

Oi,” came an overarching inquiry from the food stall they had been approaching. “Are any of y’all in line?”

Sajah quickly moved forward, taking out coin to cover his own and Leu’s—and, as Naz’s eyes immediately honed on the food—some for her as well. The moment it was in her hands, it was stuffed as much into her mouth as it could be. “I ‘ust ‘ome ‘ere ‘cause ‘e brings food-” She managed, somehow around a mouthful that must have been the size of her fist or more.

Sajah was—impressed?—amused. It wasn’t a new scene, but somehow it did bring a touch of satisfaction to know that it was being thoroughly appreciated if nothing else.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Leukos hummed, taking the food offered to him appreciatively. He supposed he was special, to Saj at least, in the fact that he did understand him. That was the unique bond that they shared, which despite everything else, remained a constant.

It was both humbling and reassuring.

Taking a bite of his food, Leukos watched their tiny dining partner, lip curling distastefully out of habit as she lawnmowered her way through the food filling her mouth. Nothing should ever be so important it couldn’t wait a moment to say, goodness , she could choke if she wasn't careful. Someone should have taught her better.

Which reminded him why he was even here in the first place.

After thoroughly chewing his portion and swallowing, Leukos took a few steps away from the vendor, giving the merchant some space to breathe. “This is a good spot for finding a tasty meal, I see why you’ve been coming here, Saj,” he said, poking at his food. “But aren’t your parents missing you every time the two of you hang out together, Naz? Or have you been telling them where you’ve been going, they might worry otherwise?”

[6/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:05 am
Naz squinted. She eyed Leukos chewing. Chewed a bite herself, and swallowed in a lump. She ran her tongue along her teeth, stuffed the rest of what she had into her mouth—and then, after convincing that down her throat in an inhale, took to licking speculatively at her fingers, suddenly far more interesting than anything else around her. Eventually, she shrugged.

“Dunno who says I got any. Maybe I live here.”

As Sajahka watched, he found that, though he had assumed orphan initially, now he wasn’t so sure. Much like her instant denial of her sex, the evasive maneuver in this case didn’t seem to accomplish anything but make him wonder-

Then, though, something seemed to occur to her.

“But if you’re thinkin’ you can stick me somewheres, you’re wrong. I’ll get out. Ain’t nobody care where I am anyhow, so you don’t gotta worry your pretty hair about it.” She licked a finger. And then began eyeing Sajah’s food.

Saj snorted around a mouthful with an amused headshake. Not happening, kid.

She turned her gaze to Leu’s.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:11 am

She scarfed her food in much the same manner as she had begun, which came as little surprise to all parties in attendance. And as she slurped contently on her digits, Leukos felt the itch to just...reaacchh out and take her hand, no child, please do not lick those, I am sure they are filthy. But that felt like a lost cause, and likely not even the filthiest thing she’d ever shoved inside her black-hole of a mouth. It sent a whole-body shiver up his spine.

Besides, she was moving on, answering his question in so few words. But at her defensive attitude, Leukos merely held a palm out, waving at the air. “There’s no need to get prickly: no one is here to try to force you to go anywhere. You’re in control of your own life, I wouldn’t try to assume that much influence over you.” He looped an arm around Saj’s shoulders, pulling him in buddy-buddy style. “I just wanted to make sure my boy wasn’t going to get in trouble from any parents by hogging you all to himself during his lunchtime. He’s enjoyed it very much, or so he’s told me.”

Following the line of sight, he glanced down at the food he held aloft in one hand. “Apparently, you’re a quick learner. But aren’t you a bit young to be tackling the world by yourself? How old are you anyways? Like...five?” He popped another bite into his mouth, waiting expectantly.

He knew she wasn’t that young.

[7/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am
Sajah watched, listened—and blinked, as Leu’s arms looped his shoulders, before flushing and squinting a half second later at the commentary—he’s enjoyed it very much. But perhaps there was no harm indulging the child with the information. He supposed it had been enjoyable in its own way.

For her own part, Naz puffed, earfins wiggling speculatively before she shrugged. “Ain’t nobody that cares where I am anyhow. I’ll get caught nickin’ before he’s in trouble for nothin’...”

Like…five?

Like clockwork, she puffed up, and Sajah felt amusement stir in him at how easily-

“I ain’t five.” She hesitated only a moment, shifting before looking away. “Nine.” Her toes wiggled, and her eyes wandered back to the food. “…almost nine,” she amended, as though perhaps hopeful that feeding more information would win her favors, with the ‘prize’ dangling. “Ma says I was born in winter. But she’s crazy so, she could be wrong…”  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff