[PRP] Low Tide [Faun'Lómë x Vauhna]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 am

Everyone in the pride was expected to get their paws dirty and do a bit of fishing and this did not excuse the high lord Faun despite the status. It was one of his scheduled fishing days and he wasn't about to pass up the type of work because it could be a little messy. If his pride kin were expected to fish than so would he.

The tide was further out this morning which exposed a good deal of the seabed floor which meant a lion would have to go further out if he wanted to catch anything with meat. Granted, there were the few trapped crustaceans and guppies in the tide pools left behind when the tide pulled out. A light misting of rain complete with an over cast sky set the scene as well. A lion was expected to get at least a little wet doing this kind of work so Faun paid the rain no mind. Not that he usually minded getting a little wet having some mist blood in him.

A nice elevated sea rock was now exposed from the tide being out. It was slick with seaweed on the edges and barnacles but Faun didn't mind this. He sat him self on top of the sea rock so he could have a better view of the landscape and where he might catch the best fish. Some activity off to the far side of where he sat caught his gaze. Something or somethings were making a splash. An excellent place to start his fishing quest.

However; that was when Faun realized he'd forgotten to bring something to carry the fish back with him. It wasn't a huge deal to turn back and go get something like a palm leaf so that's what Faun decided. He hopped off his sea rock and padded back to shore feeling a little silly something so simple hadn't crossed his mind. Hopefully the activity was still there when he went back but fish were active and always moving so part of him doubted that would be the case.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 am
The low tide had brought the greatest of abundance, as though the ocean had left a gift in the wake of it shrinking away from the shore. It was very beautiful in its own way and ofcourse left all the pride with the opportunity for hunting.

Vauhna was very eager to take part. Having seen all the crabs, the squids, the seaweed and little mollusks left on the beach enticed her but they seemed like...well...like small scraps compared to what could've been the main course. Especially with who knows how many eager pride members that would be bringing more eager little mouths to feed.
That would be a task to fill indeed.
But she felt pride in everyone settling enough to soon be bringing new little Mirilli members into the fold.

Huffing thoughtfully she looked about the beach before wrapping her maw around the nearest palm tree stem before dragging it maybe two or three feet before looking the way she'd been heading and seeing no one but Faun!
Seems she wasn't the only one wanting to take part in the bounty.
Relieving herself of the leaf she offered a polite nod towards the High Lord with the same matronly smile she often had with those she cared about.

"Looking for a spot of fishing, Faun?"

Alpaca Chobi

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:05 am
Lightning Shadow X

A lovely sight of blue greeted him as he made his way back to shore. Vauha had offered Faun a polite nod which Faun returned with a nod of his own. His eyes drifted to the palm leaf Vauhna had with her.

"I am. Care to join me? I see you have a palm leaf with you which I assume you're also fishing today?" He looked a little hopeful as fishing was much better with another. Conversations were always welcome to help the time pass by as fishing , at times, required a lot of waiting.

"I saw some activity down east of the shore. I am hoping there are still fish by the time I get back. I forgot to bring a palm." He blushed a little embarrassed to admit such an obvious detail needed to bring the fish back. "Would you mind if I shared with you?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:57 pm
Smiling warmly at the High Lord she watched him as he explained himself and was relieved to hear he was also taking advantage of the bounty - not to mention he found a school of fish by the sound of things! Glancing in the direction he'd mentioned.

"Mhm, I thought it'd be the best what with the tide." She then looked back to Faun with the same warm expression. "And yes, I'd love to join you."

That embarrassed look he gave with the mention of him forgetting a palm leaf made her roll her eyes in a good natured manner as she moved to playfully bump her forehead to his shoulder as she grabbed her palm leaf. "Oh alright, don't worry you'll remember next time."

Alpaca Chobi

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Alpaca Chobi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:00 pm
Lightning Shadow X

((Rolling for fish activity. 1 - Activity is still high where Faun was | 2 - Activity is there but its thinned out | 3 - Activity has stopped completely | 4 - Gulls got to the action first and the school of fish have moved on ))

Faun was delighted that she would join him to fish and also allow him to share her leaf. He could have run back and gotten his own but that seemed like a waste of time if there was already a leaf here big enough for the both of them.

"Alright. Follow me I am pretty sure there is a good amount of fish..." He started to pad off towards where he'd found what seemed like a fresh bounty of fish just waiting to be clawed out of the water. He wanted to hurry because fish were easily spooked and would go from one area to the next with in a blink of an eye. He was hopeful though as he hurried down the exposed seafloor only to find some very satisfied looking gulls and remains of fish.

Faun took a seat and blinked at the birds.

"Well I suppose we all need to eat," In truth he wasn't mad as he hadn't been thinking about their neighbors also needing food. It was an arrogant over sight that he'd fully admit to. "Not to worry I am sure there are plenty of fish around."

One of the gulls coughed up a bone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 am
Following him as he spoke about the school he'd found and hurried as best she could with a palm leaf stem clamped in her jaws, only to blink equally as befuddled as poor Faun whilst she eye'd the fish fattened and satisfied birds. Oh well. Raising a paw she gently patted at the High Lord's back reassuringly before briefly dropping the leaf to speak.

"They probably moved further up the beach, come on." She eye'd the gulls briefly before decided to settle the palm over her back instead so she could walk and talk alongside Faun while they went in search of their fishy prize.

"So how've you been? Not too stressed I should hope?"

Alpaca Chobi

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:38 pm
Lightning Shadow X

Faun nodded in agreement. It seemed reasonable that the fish would move some where else with such a group of gull to scare them off.

"You're right we should see if we can predict which way they went. Any ideas?" He lifted a brow curiously at Vauhna. In all honesty he was not fully sure which way the fish would have gone but he was opened to guessing the direction. Some times a little bit of a gamble was fun. Maybe he shouldn't have had such a relaxed attitude when it came to gathering food for the pride but he was enjoying his day despite the gulls.

"Oh well.." He looked sheepishly at Vauhna, "Is it that obvious that the jobs a little taxing?" He was being joking but there was an underlying truth there.

Lightning Shadow X rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 am
((Small roll time! 1 finds more eaten fish, 2 finds no fish, 3 finds sparse/few fish, 4 finds the whole school!))

Watching him with a small lopsided and partly chiding smile she gently bumped her shoulder to his as they walked in a half-chastising half-reassuring gesture.

"Oh no not obvious at all," She started playfully. "I mean all you did was almost pass out at the feast from exhaustion." The smile disappeared briefly as she watched him with a genuine expression of concern. "You're a strong leader Faun, but don't forget for all the deities we do have here you're still mortal and need to take care of yourself...and if you don't well I'll just have to sit you in your cave till you rest." The worrying part of that was that she sounded serious...kind of, she wasn't older than Faun, they were probably about the same age'ish but she mothered pretty much everyone.

But the High Lord's health was important for the pride.

However soon she paused her step, ears perking as she gestured Faun to gentle his steps and she tiptoed, soon the sound of splashing was apparent and the surface of the water spraying everywhere. They'd found the fish!
A small sigh of relief escaped Vauhna as she spoke softly to Faun' as to not frighten the school.

"Well they didn't go far."

Alpaca Chobi

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 am
Lightning Shadow X

It was true that Faun was only a mortal and that he needed to have a bit more care to his physical form. Faun hadn't been doing a great job of resting lately and it was because he wanted to make sure the transition to this new territory went as smoothly as possible. He was the leader only because there were those that believed he was the right choice and he needed to honor their faith with a bit more care.

"You're right." He wasn't about to put his self pride before the truth. He did need to put some more care in to him self. "I suppose that fishing is a good start for taking a break," He joked. Fishing was still hard work but it could be relaxing compared to making a ton of decisions.

Just as he was finishing that thought there seemed to be some fish activity. Faun was quite surprised by this as he was sure that the gulls may have scared the fish in to scattering in to smaller schools.

"Well I'll be damned..." He muttered. "Look at that Vauhna!" He started to pad towards the direction of the activity, "Looks like the gods might favor us today. Lets get to work quickly before they realize we're here," He was quick on his pads now to get closer to the fish.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 am
Smiling faintly at Faun's response to her gentle admonition, it had been a long journey and she gently brushed her paw against his in a reassuring gesture.

"Don't forget that there are others in the pride more than willing to help you." Was her final word before she smiling at his over all reaction to the fish, so giddy and happy, like a huge cub. She padded after him quietly as she removed the palm leaf from her back and prepared it for all the fish they were going to drag back. They might have to work on a more viable transport, like something woven or such.

"You go first I'll stay out so we don't worry the fish too much, then whilst you're putting it on the leaf I'll attempt catching."

Alpaca Chobi

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 pm
Lightning Shadow X
I believe this is fin but I'd love more rp if you're up to it. : )

It was true that there was an entire pride willing to support him. Inside Faun he felt a sense of relief and stupidity for not realizing this sooner. It was the good souls of the pride that made him work as hard as he could but he had forgotten from time to time that he could also rely on his fellow prides members.

"You're right," He was meek in the way he delivered his lines. "For now my mind will be on fishing. For the day at least," He grinned at Lady Vauhna before heading off towards the fish activity. He was more than happy to have this sort of activity take his mind off of other things.

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games