Beflecken had successfully completed his first viking trip and officially became a reaver. It was exactly what Ushma had wanted out of her mate. For Ushma to have lowered her standards for the sake of Beflecken she needed him to at the very least be a reaver and at the very least bring honor to the family and now he had.

The dark female did not wait eagerly by the border for Beflecken but instead busied her self around the den. Their cubs were now teen and about to move on to what ever it was they wanted to do with in the pride so Ushma was finding more and more time to her self which, in a way, angered the female. She wanted her offspring to go off and be strong representations of her and Befleckens blood but she also missed seeing the little faces of her offspring. Now with Beflecken going off for reaver related things the den was going to be even more empty and that was going to be irritating.

The pelt that the two slept on was in need of airing out so the female grabbed the pelt by one of its edges and dragged it out of the den. She moved her head from side to side in a quick motion in an attempt to beat the sand and dirt out of the damned pelt. A cloud of sand and dirt escaped from the damned pelt causing Ushma to sneeze uncontrollably.

ACHOOO ACHOOOO ACHOOOO ACHOOOO ACHOOOO ACHOOOOO ACHOOOOOO ! ~

A weary looking Beflecken was greeted to a very sneezy wife. In truth he'd watched the entire thing unfold from the sidelines quite amused with his wifes attempt to 'clean.'

"You okay Ushma? Don't sneeze your brains out. That would be quite unfortunate. " He padded over towards Ushma while keeping his distance all the while. After all, Ushma was sneezing and he didn't want to get snot on him self.

"What was that hun? I can't understand what it is you're trying to say." Beflecken was not being helpful in the least and instead stood there with a very smug grin.

Ushma finally caught her brake in the sneezes and started to regain her breath. It had been quite an ordeal and she was not exactly happy that Beflecken had kept his distance while she was having her sneezing attack. There was a look in those fierce eyes and Beflecken knew before she was even able to speak that he was in trouble. It had been worth it though.

"You dare stand there while I sneeze and do nothing than criticize!" There was a rumble of a growl in her throat as she spoke. Ushma was not happy at all with her Fleck and she was going to let him have the one warning before all hell broke loose. Lucky for Beflecken he had gotten the hint.

"You seem more serious.. and fierce.. than normal. What's wrong?" He took a few steps closer looking a little distressed that his mate seemed to not be having a great time.

"Whats it to you any ways... if I'm in a good mood. Afraid I might single you out and take my temper out on you? Coward." It was clear even to Ushma she was being unreasonable but the lioness couldn't help her attitude right now.

"... Well.. yeah.." Beflecken admitted, "You're not exactly easy to deal with when you're in a mood. Any ways.. Seriously though... What is going on with you right now? You seem the most tense I've seen you in a while. I've been gone for a while now so it couldn't possibly be anything I've done. In fact I completed my first Viking trip and am now a Reaver." He puffed his chest proudly, "So we should be celebrating the good news. I can bring honor to our family."

Ushma couldn't argue with the fact he had come back and done what she'd demanded but she was in such a foul mood today it almost didn't matter. The stormborn weren't exactly known for being masters of their tempers and Ushma was no acception.

"Stop being such a bragger. I need your help with these sleeping pelts so get your a** in gear and drag some out so we can clear the dirt." She growled at her mate. Beflecken seemed unfazed by Ushma's demand but he did slowly walk towards the sleeping den where he'd find what Ushma wanted him to do. But there was a pause in her step.

"Ushma. I am a bit tired. I don't think I will be cleaning tonight but after a good rest I can do the rest. I know I left you behind with the cubs and I will make it up to you." He looked her in the eye quite seriously.

There was something about that phrasing that appeased Ushma. Something about the fact that Beflecken had been wise enough not to argue but to let her have that win. Something in her was grateful for her mate to have the courtesy to understand how her inner workings were. The lioness didn't have the humility to say she was sorry for her temper but the look was enough for Beflecken to feel Ushma wasn't upset with him.

"Alright then. I am gonna go get something to sleep. Don't sneeze your snout off ..." He yawned a big yawn and padded off in to the den where he disappeared among its shadows.

Ushma grunted a bit as she watched Beflecken disappear in to the den. She picked the pelt up she'd been cleaning and began again swinging the damned pelt from side to side despite knowing it would make her sneeze. Sure enough another filth cloud emerged from the dirty pelt causing Ushma to sneeze quite a bit.

So the never ending serpent ate its tail. Ushma was not about to learn her lesson.

Word Count: 1014