Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[prp] Two golds and a candidate (Mari, Lyra, Vossie, Killy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:40 am
Free time was harder to come by than ever, it seemed. Marinel spent the majority of it following his brown, the firelizard that had hatched from the egg he’d decided to keep from Liasa’s clutch. The little thing was almost as energetic as his mother. Thankfully, said brown was wrapped around his shoulders, sleeping. He made his way over to the beach. There was a gold sunning there, but he didn’t think much of it. It wasn’t Killakeeth. He would’ve recognized her.

The dragon turned and regarded him, eyes whirling a content green. She slowly stretched, lounging out across the sands comfortably.

“She says the beach is perfect for a rest day,” came a voice. Resa had come from behind her dragon, and she was grinning at him. “Are you going to go fishing, then?”

Fishing? Marinel hadn’t considered it. “I was hoping to find Vosin,” he admitted.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 pm
Thaliawen

Vosin had recently returned from doing a turn as a sweeprider. While not her usual occupation, she'd been covering for a rider who was down sick. Thankfully not with the flu that had so badly hit High Reaches recently. Killakeeth had landed in her wallow, and crouched down to allow her rider to remove her flying harness.

Vosin, I want to go bask in the warm sands on the beach now. The redheaded woman looked up from hanging up the harness. "That sounds like a good idea. I don't think we've done that much flying in awhile. The soft sands will feel nice on my bruised posterior." She snickered as the gold joined her.

Removing her flying gear quickly, Vosin stowed it away or set it out to dry as needed. "Alright lets go." Side by side the pair headed toward the beckoning beach not all that far away.  

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm
And there she was! Not all that far away. Marinel started towards her, after catching the other goldrider's name. It must have been a good day for sitting in the sun, if two dragons had had the same idea.

"Hi Vosin!" he greeted his friend. "Hi Killakeeth! I met Resa and her dragon,"--he hadn't caught the gold's name, but maybe Killakeeth knew her?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:52 pm
Thaliawen

The reason for the gold's sudden interest in the beach, or one of the reasons, quickly became apparent. Vosin grinned and waved to Mari. "Hey there Mari. How's the day going? You're brother doing well?" The young woman nodded to the other rider. "Afternoon Resa and Lyraeth. Enjoying the beach?" Vosin stretched then rubbed her posterior. "I shouldn't have let them talk me into doing a sweeprider shift." She grinned.

Killakeeth settled onto the sands the all the dignity as her disposal as she rumbled a greeting to the boy. Mari, you aren't leaving me for another gold are you? She mocked growled at the boy. That is Lyraeth. Hello Lyraeth. What have you been up to today?

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am
“Pretty good,” he said, and offered her a smile. “I think so, he’s always busy so I don’t really get a chance to check up on him too often.”

“Good afternoon,” Resa smiled at Vosin. “Lyraeth wanted to swim, but as soon as we got here she laid down and I haven’t been able to get her back up.” She laughed and looked towards her lounging dragon.

The sun is nice... The sand is lovely. I will swim later.

What? Mari paused and shook his head. “I would never!” He protested. “You’re the only gold for me.” He looked to Lyraeth then, and greeted her once Killakeeth had provided her name.

Hello, Killakeeth, Lyraeth greeted, happily. So this boy is yours? I’ve been basking. Will you join me?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:40 pm
Thaliawen

She strolled across the warm sands toward the other humans. Vosin could completely understand he was feeling left out by his brother who was probably absolutely besotted with his dragon currently. She hoped it would give the young man a chance to branch out on his own. Killakeeth certainly seemed to like him. Vos wasn't sure if it was simply he was amusing for her or if she had plans for him.

"Yeah Killakeeth said she wanted to lay on the beach." She glanced behind her at her dragon who'd quickly dug herself a wallow and stretched her rather large bulk across the sands. "Aaaaand it doesn't look like she's gonna budge any time soon. Lyraeth is in good company now." Vosin sometimes felt different from her fellow goldriders. Most were happy to stay at the weyr, while she preferred to be able to flit out and about.

Like today, she'd filled in a sweeprider's position. Despite what the others thought of her, she was determined to do what she felt was right. Vosin wondered if Resa knew, and if so what she thought about it. She smiled as Killakeeth clearly gave the candidate a hard time.

The gold rumbled once more then relaxed. Good. Remember that. Killakeeth quickly made a wallow and spread herself out to catch the sun. You should come rub my eyeridge. She obligingly rests her head upon the sand so the teen had a chance of reaching her eyeridge. Yes Lyraeth. He will Impress a bronze for me. I love to bask, Vosin thought it'd be great fun for us to be sweepriders for a day. Now I think she regrets it as her bottom is sore. Killakeeth snickered.

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:10 pm
Oh, of course. Mari went over to Killakeeth and scratched at her eyeridge.

A bronze? Lyraeth sounded half amused, half curious. How can you tell? Or have you decided? She was surprised the other gold had taken an interest in the boy. He didn't seem that intelligent, and he did seem clumsy. He must be very special boy, for you to be so interested.

"She doesn't look like it, does she?" Resa smiled. "Sweepriding is awful," she added. "She seems to like the boy," she observed. "Don't you Search, usually?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm
Thaliawen

Vos groaned and gave a fully body stretch. "Man, I wished I'd grabbed my swim suit and brought a towel. I could work on my tan." She wondered what her twin was up to today. It'd be nice to be able to sit and talk with Ves for awhile. They didn't do that nearly as much now.

The gold gave a gusty sigh of contentment as her several eyelids mostly closed over her eyes. She leaned into the petting from the candidate. To Lyraeth she said, oh its what I've decided. Killakeeth just had a feeling when she saw the candidate. That and she wanted to pair her rider with him; they would make such a cute couple.

She snickered, "it doesn't take much for Killakeeth to relax." Nope, the gold was a pro at self-indulgence. "It wasn't too bad actually. The weather was nice today, and Killakeeth got to stretch her wings." Vos nodded, "yeah."

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:12 pm
"Me too, it's the perfect day for it," Resa said, and gave Vos a smile. "I hope tomorrow is like this, too. Maybe I'll be able to see Z'haq."

Oh? Why have you decided that? Lyraeth asked, and gave a hum of contentment. It's adorable, he seems to like you just as much. Maybe she'd have to find a candidate to indulge her whims... Maybe she would. What if he doesn't Impress a bronze? What will you do then?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Thaliawen

She gave a soft laugh. "What say you, that we go to our quarters and change into swimsuits and copy our girls? They look to be in good company for the moment." There was nothing better than letting loose after a hard day's work. The sun would be gone all too soon anyway. Why live on the beach and not enjoy it?

Because I decided to. Mari will be sure to live up to my standards. Killakeeth gave a soft rumble to the other gold, of course he does. He knows I have his best interest at heart. The gold heaved a big sigh that sent the sand before her nostril skittering away as though in a sand storm. I suppose I'd settle for a brown if I had to. Although I am positive Mari won't disappoint me.

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:49 am
Resa started to grin at Vos' suggestion, and gave a nod. She stretched. "Let's go," she said. "They'll be busy a while, I think." They seemed to be busy with the candidate, in any case.

Maybe he will, Lyraeth said, agreeably. Oh, you'll settle for a brown? The gold rumbled in amusement at that. Killakeeth must have really liked the boy. Maybe because of the attention he was giving her.

"What are you two talking about?" Mari asked, continuing to scratch Killa's eyeridge. He looked between the two golds.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:49 pm
Thaliawen

Vos grinned in response to her fellow goldrider. She loved having an accomplice. Usually it was her twin Ves, but anyone would do really. Briefly she felt Killakeeth's attention on her, yes do change Vosin. Make sure it's that cute bikini you got recently. We must look good for our entourage. What are you scheming this time? What entourage? She could feel the gold's amusement, but got no reply. Oh boy.

Vos nodded as she glanced toward the candidate and dragons. Not many candidates she knew were on such good terms with one or more golds. Killakeeth hadn't showed much interest in the candidates before, not even ones she'd searched herself. What was it about this boy she liked so much?

"C'mon Resa." The young woman turned to head back toward her weyr. Seriously though, why hadn't she thought of this before she came out here? Ves undoubtedly would have brought their swimsuits, sun bathing lotion, and towels to lay on. How she missed her twin. Her wing was the luckiest wing around to have her.

Oh if I had to Lyraeth. But I know Mari will not fail me. She snorted at her fellow gold that she would doubt her choice. Killakeeth opened the eye closest to the boy, it whirled blues and greens. Mainly you, and that you'll impress a bronze for me Mari.

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 am
Resa followed Vosin away from the two golds and smiled. “I’ll go change,” she said. She couldn’t believe it was so nice today. It was definitely a swim worthy day, regardless of Lyraeth’s insistence that they sun today.

Will he not? Lyraeth gave a rumble of amusement. They wouldn’t know what he’d impress until he did, but the gold was willing to humor her friend. What will you do when he Impresses a bronze? She asked.

Mari paused. He reached to pet Killa again. “I don’t think so,” he said. “I didn’t Impress last time.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 pm
Thaliawen

"Yes, this is too good a day to pass up." Vos mentally tried to catalog all the items she'd need. Swim suit, towel, sun lotion. And maybe sandals for the hot sands. That wasn't too many things to remember was it? "I'll see you back here Resa." Vos headed back toward her weyr eagerly.

Not with me backing him, the gold replied confidently. If there was nothing Killakeeth lacked it was confidence in what she wanted. Despite not knowing what color the boy might eventually impress to, she was sure a bronze would find him as appealing as she did. Privately to the other dragon, I will groom him to become my rider's mate, and his bronze a suitable match for me. She blinked lazily as if this should have been obvious.

Mari you should know that the last hatching as absolutely no bearing on the next one. If it did there wouldn't be any reason to have candidates past their first hatching, and they fail to impress. The gold snorted at the stupidity of this idea. It only means your dragon wasn't in that clutch. It does not mean your dragon won't be in the one after that or the one after that. You just have to be patient and keep your head high. You will do that for me won't you?

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:43 pm
Lyraeth tsked, and gave a laugh. Killakeeth was so confident that she'd have her way, and Lyraeth didn't want to argue with the other gold. The boy might not even Impress--let alone Impress the color Killakeeth seemed to expect from him.

"I'll be patient," Mari agreed. "Where did you send your rider?" he asked.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff