Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Table for Two (Melvin/Ever) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Melvin had come as promised. After a knock on the door, they headed down to the only resturant on the island - Rep's Bar. At least the place was dim with low light that was comfortable for privacy and the food was better than the cafeteria. Having seen the back, he felt comfortable in the cleanliness of the place.

Taking their seats, he settled and took off his coat. "So why don't you like phones?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm
Ever probably would have been just as content at the cafeteria -- looked, in fact, a bit bemused about being taken somewhere nicer. To be fair, though, Melvin often had this effect on him: leaving Ever confused and a little bit overwhelmed, trying to rediscover his equilibrium.

Today that meant sinking down in his chair and just watching Melvin, the question rattling around in his head for a long moment.

"...I don't dislike phones, I just..." He took a moment to process, thinking. "I never had one before, not really. I don't think about them much."

moonkitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 am
He passed a menu to Ever and took one himself but set it down on the table, already familiar with it.

"Well, it's a nice security. Not only to you but others who care about you. If you are on a mission and need to call for help or if someone has something urgent they need to talk to you about and they can't reach you and tear up all of Deus to find you, it kind of gets frustrating. I'd be worried if someone I knew didn't have one just because I'd worry about them being on a mission without some form of contact."

He glanced down at the menu. "When I was woken up from a pod, one of my first experiences was being thrown into a mission to rescue hunters from cells in a horsemen den. Somehow they must have contacted for help. Without it, Deus usually just doesn't risk sending people out to save anyone because they don't want to just throw them at some random location and hope for the best. If you ever were taken, ti would be .....crushing to not have some hope of finding where you were." He looked up. "And it's nice for when I want to try and ask you out."

He looked back down at his menu. "Do you at least have a Spectre watch?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 pm
"Yeah, I have a watch, got it so people could find me." He held onto the menu, but for the moment he just blinked across at Melvin, processing the situation and trying to figure out how to explain. The lecture, maybe, left him a little embarrassed, or feeling just a bit bad, but --

"I take my phone on missions. It's just...it's not....familiar." He flicked at the corner of the page as he looked down, eyes scanning the page for something simple, but there was a good chance he'd end up ordering whatever Melvin got, just to avoid thinking about it. "It's not instinct."

A glance up, then, thinking. "Besides, I was at my desk. Surrounded by other hunters. No reason I'd have to call while I was at work."

MoonKitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 am
"It isn't instict. It's a device. A society constructed need. However, let me present it to you this way, if you dont think its a need because you are safe then what about Zeke or thise you care for. On a mission and in a panic, your mind dials up the first number that springs to mind and in an emergency they try calling you to get help. What then?"

He turned a page to the menu. "They can also be fun. A message can say and show a lot."

Leavung it there he looked up. "I didn't know you wore glasses. Since when?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Ever leaned forward a little, chin on his hand, and considered Melvin's expression. Right now, there was no sign of the glasses: just Ever, dark-eyed and serious, considering Melvin's expression and just how seriously he took this.

"...I only need them for reading, really, and trying to do stuff on the computer." He was still thinking about the phone, but didn't have an answer right now, so it'd have to wait. "If I had a ranged weapon, it might be a different story..."

MoonKitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm
He looked up from the menu. "They're cute." He looked back down at the menu. "You should wear them more often."

He turned the page. "So you're not near or far-sighted?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 pm
It made Ever smile just a little, helplessly -- not even looking at the menu, now, because he'd decided he'd definitely just eat whatever Melvin ordered for simplicity's sake. Instead he watched Melvin.

"I guess I'm near-sighted, I don't know, it's for small things. Reading. Not like you -- how bad is your vision?"

moonkitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:07 pm
He looked up and then took off his glasses, pushing them up atop his head as was his habit to do. "I'm near-sighted. I can read this menu.... and look at you but even with you sitting at the table there, I can tell ti's not crystal clear. Which is an awful shame." He said with a smile before it dropped. "Further past you it's even worse and then things turn into fuzzy colors. I couldn't aim my weapon without my glasses. I think that thanks to Saliva, they haven't gotten worse."

He looked at the menu again for a moment. "My family even discussed laser eye surgery. My dad had glasses that were thick and I'd probably follow the same way." He looked back up, eyes blue and bright. "So if they are off, you'll need to get closer, okay?"

"What are you ordering?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Put on the spot, Ever glanced down to the page again -- just briefly -- before he looked up to meet Melvin's eyes again. And quirked just a little smile, one of his shoulders rolling in a brief shrug and chin settled easily into his hand. His own eyes were dark, enough that they almost swallowed the pupil, a contrast against the pale color of his hair.

"Pasta, maybe. I was expecting the cafeteria, to be honest, not...this." Just a beat, bemused, considering. "What are you ordering?"

MoonKitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 am
He looked over at Ever. "I like pretending like this isn't Deus and that I can take the people I'm hitting on out to dinner. It's also quieter and more private here." He explained.

"It also helps to relax and get more into the mood." He continued and set the menu down. "I'll have pasta too."

and be blue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 pm
Ever leaned in slowly, elbows on the table and fingers curling in against his lower lip while he watched Melvin and turned that over in his mind.

"....it's not something I have a lot of experience with. The fancy dinner, I mean; usually more drinks and let's-head-back-to-my place." He shook his head just a little bit, twitching a look around. "Also, I'm slightly concerned Rep will come out, pissed at me. Didn't you have a flirty thing at some point?"

MoonKitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 am
He looked back at him, confusion almost wanting him to tilt his head, but instead he bunched his eyebrows. "Flirty thing? I don't get what you mean."

and be blue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 am
"I have vague memories of Rep hitting on you, the way he not-quite-jokingly hits on dudes that are his 'type'." Ever raised his eyebrows in response, still watching Melvin's face. "You don't think so?"

MoonKitsune

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am
Melvin stared back at Ever for a ling moment until he burst out laughing. "What?! Are you insane?" He co tinued laughing, eyes tearing up at the very thought of it and reached for his glass of water to clear his throat.

"I drive him absolutely nuts. He never did that. I can't even imagine him doing that at all." Aside from the Queen but that wasn't this world's Rep. "Even when we were good friends we still fought. I'm the worst. I always aggravated his nerves and even worse now for how s**t I was. No. He always had his heart set on Jordan and Harrison. We were only close when Rin was around and even when I started dating her things were.... Rough."

His laughter was gone as he sipped his water, sinking into deep thought.

and be blue

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces