Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru was happy in the rogue lands he didn't feel he needed a pride to help him survive, he was strong enough to take care of himself and he could go where ever he wanted and do whatever he wanted. He grinned as he set out for the day he never slept in the same place twice or with the same lioness twice. He was a wild male and it was unlikely any female would tie him down for life. He didn't plan to get married. He was a free lion and intended to stay that way. He stalked along his strides long and powerful.

He had no direction in mind, he wasn't hunting or searching for water, he had nothing in mind that day accept running. Perhaps he was running from something. He did not know what had become of his parents or his twin brother. Sometimes he wondered if they still lived. Perhaps his family was the reason he wouldn't tie himself to anyone ever again. If you had no one, you could lose no one. He would not admit that he missed his family. He was fine on his own something he told himself again and again.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm
Midnightglow18

User ImageUser Image

The pair had no direction in mind, rather, they were just moving to keep the past they left behind at bay. Hunger was driving them forward along with a sense of companionship that comes with spending many moons together. If Aki was honest, she’d even say she was in love with the black and purple lioness whom she had rescued in the wastes.

Green eyes looked toward the little lioness as a smile pulled on the corners of her mouth. The lioness was in thought again, daydreaming probably. On occasion when she stopped talking, Aki would find the little lost princess thinking back to her childhood and the ‘good times gone’. Allowing Shahla a couple seconds of freedom to think, Aki finally nudged the little ones shoulder.

“Alright, let’s get some grub girl. You are looking way to happy there.”

Shahla’s dark blue eyes looked to her companion and a soft smile replaced the daydreaming grin. Reality was harsh sometimes. It made you realize what you lost. Her home, her family, her beloved… Harb. Tears stung the sides of her eyes, threatening to break free. Another soft nudge was felt as the autumn colored lioness offered a look of sympathy and reminder.

“Aki.” Looking down at her feet, the dark lioness stopped. “Thank you. You are right. It is time to keep moving forward.” Looking back up at her companion she swallowed the tears that threatened to fall and gently head butt Aki’s shoulder back. It was then she noticed the lion and the distance and froze.

“We have company.”

Aki stiffened. Firstly, to fight the urge to push past first base, then secondly as a reaction to the news.

“Where?”  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:26 am
Zingling

Zuru didn't make a threatening move towards the lionesses he saw no reason to startle them, couldn't be friends if she didn't start out with a nice greeting after all. "Greeting I am Zuru and who might you two be?" He asked in a calm confident tone. He feared nothing let alone a pair of lionesses though he didn't intend to fight them regardless. He thought they were both very pretty and would enjoy there company for a bit if they allowed it then he would move on again to seek whatever it was it thought he wanted or needed. Not that he knew what was best for him even when he thought he did.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:35 pm
Midnightglow18

Aki stood silent for several minutes, accessing the area around them, safeguarding Shahla from anyone who might want more than conversations. This had allowed Shahla to be the first one to speak, something that caught both lionesses off guard.

"I-I am Shahla and this is my friend Aki...." Dark blue eyes looked downward as the dark lioness started feeling anxious. Looking at her paws, she just waited for Aki to pick up the conversation so she didn't have to entertain the stranger anymore.

"...Yes. Like she said, I am Aki and she is Shahla. What brought you all the way out in the middle of nowhere?" Her eyes squinted as she studied the lion in front of her, begging him to give her a reason to move forward.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:54 pm
Zingling

Zuru grinned at the pair and then said "Nice to meet you both." He shrugged his shoulders "I lost touch with my twin many years ago and have been wandering the land ever since." He looked out into the distance he imagined there were adventures out there to seek new places to visit and lions to meet. He would collect stories and perhaps someday settle down but that day was not today. "What about you ladies, what has brought you to the rogue lands today? Or is this where you always live? Not for the pride life?" He asked curiously.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Midnightglow18

Aki turned and looked at Shahla who was eagerly listening to the lion's words. She too had lost touch with someone she cared for and it was only because of this that they both roamed. Truth be told, there was no true reason Aki needed to be with the younger lioness, she could take care of herself... but she felt a strong sisterly bond that she just couldn't shake.

"N-no, I do enjoy the safety of my pride... but I am also looking for someone I have lost touch with. Someone I fell in love with at a very young age." Again she looked at her feet, only looking up at Zuru for a few seconds. Ladies were second class in her mind still, something that Aki hadn't yet broken her of.

"How has this land treated you? Have you noticed any herds close by?" Aki was speaking directly at Zuru now, waiting for a response from the uncomfortably open male in front of her.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 am
Zingling

Zuru nodded he wished sometimes that he could find his twin brother and have a relationship with him, learn if his life was happy or not. So he understood how the female felt. "I hope you will be able to find them." He thought a moment and then said. "The rogue land can be harsh sometimes trying to find water and food, but yea the herds do travel in a pattern, and sometimes you have to compete with the other creatures that live in the rogue lands as well." He explained and then pointed his paw in the direction of a herd of gazelles that he had passed early this morning. "I passed a herd of gazelles early this morning in that direction."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:42 pm
Midnightglow18
Zingling

Zuru nodded he wished sometimes that he could find his twin brother and have a relationship with him, learn if his life was happy or not. So he understood how the female felt. "I hope you will be able to find them." He thought a moment and then said. "The rogue land can be harsh sometimes trying to find water and food, but yea the herds do travel in a pattern, and sometimes you have to compete with the other creatures that live in the rogue lands as well." He explained and then pointed his paw in the direction of a herd of gazelles that he had passed early this morning. "I passed a herd of gazelles early this morning in that direction."

Shahla fidgeted and then smiled, eyes still looking towards the ground, "Thank you..."

Emerald eyes gazed at her friend for a moment, Shahla seemed fairly relaxed for once, something that was considered a blessing in Aki's eyes. Sending her attention back to Zuru, Aki nodded. "It is very kind of you to offer such great information..." Briefling pausing, Aki looked as though she was weighing words in her heard, "Honestly I have a hard time trusting fellow wanderers... However, Shahla seems comfortable around you."

Shahla's ears perked and her gaze moved from the ground to the two other lions. She gave Aki a brief, awkward smile and then stared at Zuru before looking out in the distance. "...It was just a feeling... You know?"

Aki nodded at Shahla and nudged her, letting the lioness know it was alright.

"Thank you, Zuru."  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am
Zingling

Zuru smiled at the two females, he hoped he would run into them again someday, he sobered "That is not a bad way to think to protect yourselves just in case, I'm glad I could help you both, I wish you luck in your hunt." Zuru grinned "I'm glad I don't come off as a creeper or something, I hope to find a mate one day and that would make things really hard. For now, adventures to find and trouble to get into." He said with a chuckle.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
MiddyGlow
Zingling

Shahla nodded at Zuru and soaked up his words. He really was right about Aki being on the nose with her wary disposition. Thanking the Gods for her friend, Shahla waiting for Aki's lead.

"I am sure you will find a mate soon here, Zuru. You have a lovely disposition and even Shahla was comfortable around you. I can say with great certainty that this is no easy feat."

Nodding her goodbye, Aki took off in the direction Zuru had pointed out, hoping to fill hers and her friends belly before continuing their search.

"Thank you again, Zuru." Shahla smiled and followed after her friend, her heart warm knowing she could break out of her shell once more.

[-le fin-]  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas