Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Meeting by the river (Neeja and Amalthea)(ToL)(Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:28 pm
Amalthea stretched herself out of the tree branch she had been napping on and she yawned widely and she then got to her feet on the tree branch. She leaped down to the ground looking around at the edge of the village she had to go through part of the village to get to the river, but the other side of the river bordered the end of Baobab's territory. She headed down to the river to get a drink, she watched everywhere she went since even in this place there was always a chance there was a crocodile in the water or some other creature that would love to eat a foolish leopard.

She took her drink and then looked across the river, she was still getting used to these lands so she didn't know what was on the other side of the river or if perhaps any rouges lived in that area. She wondered if any other rouges would join the pride. She kinda hoped they would. The pride had lost many members when a tragedy struck many years ago. The surviving members had been struggling for the last two years to revive their tree of life. Amalthea had met the leader of the bird clan and agreed to become one of their healers.

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 pm
Midnightglow18

She wouldn't be waiting long before she would noticed a little ways further down a white and blue leopardess slipped from the river's edge into the water with ease. The other female suddenly ducked under the water, disappearing completlely!! Thankfully before Amalthea could be too alarmed, she popped back to the surface with a nice fat fish grasped firmly in her jaws.

Climbing back out on the back, she shook the water free from her coat before starting to eat, humming to herself all the while.

Keantha

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm
Keantha

Amalthea saw the leopard female who went under and she was in a panic and she rushed into the water getting wet before she realized that the female was just fine and in fact had a fish. She was dripping wet and breathing heavily and she sighed with relief. "Oh my goodness, I thought you were being attacked by a crocodile." She gushed with worry and looked the leopard over anyway to make sure she wasn't hurt. "Are you ok, you're ok right?" Amalthea fussed over the female. Her worry plain to see on her face that she was a very caring leopard. She continued her search for blood till she was satisfied that the leopard was fine. "You frightened me." Amalthea said.

Then she went to the river bank and shook off her pelt and sighed making her way over to a sun to take the time to dry her fur once more. "I am Amalthea, and you would be?" She wasn't sure if the leopard had crossed the boundary lines. So she wasn't too worried and panicked as she had been dealing with the last leopard who had arrived in Baobab territory. She really didn't want anyone to get in trouble.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:37 pm
Midnightglow18

Neeja would deny to her dying day the frightened squeal she gave, jumping when she other leopardess appear. "Oh Gods child you scared me! I had no idea I wasn't alone in the area." She gave a weak laugh before smiling warmly, "No I am fine sweetling. I am Neeja I live near here. Are you new to the area? Also please if you are hungry I don't mind sharing."

Gesturing to the fish she caught she gave the younger female a soft smile. Neeja was older in years, not quiet an elder yet but not a youngster either. She sounded like someone's favorite mom and aunt.

Keantha

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 am
Keantha

Amalthea smiled a little at the offer of food, she wasn't very good at fishing so she offer was very kind, but this was likely a rouge and might need the food more then she did. "That is very kind of you, but I am in a pride that is forming, so I am able to get food with the group, so I would rather not take food away from you." She said her tone soft. She went to the shore to share off her fur and dry in the sun. She didn't like being wet for too long, she didn't mind it for short periods but anything more then that and she wanted to be dry again.

The other leopard sounded older then Amalthea felt, she might be an adult over the adolescent years but she still felt like a little cub sometimes. She didn't feel like she had everything figured out yet, she was still trying to figure her life out day by day. She was trying to find her footing as a healer and trying to grow into her fur as the leopard she wanted to be. She wanted to be someone great, it was just hard for her.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
Midnightglow18

Neeja's smile was very warm and approving when the younger female showed concern for her health "Thank you sweetling, that's kind of you to care about a stranger. It's a mark of a good heart." She went back to eating even as she listened to Amalthea speak. When she spoke of the forming pride, Neeja's ears perked "Why that's wonderful! I am so happy for you and your people. I do have a concern though. As I mentioned earlier I live near here, have all of my life and sometimes my travels to hunt take me through these lands. Will there be a problem with me passing through or coming to this river?"

She dearly hoped not as she had lived in these parts all of her life and this river was the closest and cleanest source of water for her to get access too.

Keantha

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Keantha

Amalthea shook her head "I don't think do the other side of the river isn't our territory and I doubt the pride would keep others from hunting once we have guards." She said honestly it didn't harm anything there was enough food for the pride and those passing through without putting a strain on their food source. She was sure of that as she was her next breath. "Are you always going to be a rouge? Don't you get scared traveling by yourself?" She asked in a soft tone.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 pm
Midnightglow18

Her answering laughter was soft but kind as she smiled warmly at the young female, "Oh I don't know sweetling. I have lived most of my life alone. When someone is hurt or in need they seemed to find their way to my tree and I take care of them until it's time for them to move on. "

Shrugging a shoulder she began grooming the water and remains of her meal from her fur, "I believe the gods put me where I am because someone needs to be there to help guide others. I have the tools and the compassion to do it so why shouldn't it be me?" Neeja smiled again gently. "I can think of no greater calling in life than to be the guide when someone is in trouble, a shelter from the storm, a comfort in the darkness, and a gentle voice at the end."

Keantha

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:54 am
Keantha

Amalthea smiled "That is what I am doing as well, I am a healer for my pride and I will help others if I find them." She said softly "Well I better get back it was nice meeting you and if you change your mind you would be a welcome addition to the pride I am sure."

(Fin?)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Midnightglow18

Neeja smiled at her sweetly as she stood, "Well I am sure you will be a fine one dearly. For now, I will bid you a good evening. I hope we meet again, until that time may the gods watch over you and guide your path."

Nodding in farewell, Neeja turned to head back into the brush humming softly to herself. What a sweet girl Amalthea had been. She hoped they would run into each other again sometime!

(Fin. 1,331 words)  

Keantha

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces