Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Reg]??? (Liam and Aloysius)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 am
Normally Liam didn’t come to this school, he was far too old to be a student here, but he’d been asked by one of the workers at the orphanage to pick up one of the younger children. They had started to take music after school, something he was glad made the younger orphan happy, but that meant someone had to pick them up. Normally that was left to one of the workers but the usual caregiver was sick, they’d caught the flu, and so they were unable to come in.

It was really no surprise they were spread thin on caregivers, they had been as far back as he could remember, so in order to help and perhaps get used to the future he saw for himself he’d offered to go pick up Anna.

The walk there, in the somewhat warm clothing he had, wasn’t the most pleasant of things but he supposed it could be worse - it could always be worse.

Deciding he wanted to warm up some, before going back out and walking back to the orphanage, Liam stepped into the school and after letting someone at the front desk know who he was, and why he was there, he was permitted to take a seat or head to the auditorium if he wished.

Decisions...decisions...he didn’t like them, he didn’t like having to choose between several things. He never was sure which was the best choice and doubted his choices at times. Perhaps it stemmed from other poor choices he’d made in his life, he’d made plenty of those, but it wasn’t something he could help. It was with a shrug of his shoulders that he decided to head towards the auditorium, after being issued a visitors pass, so he could seat himself there and watch the little girls lessons. She had signed up to learn the viola, though that hadn’t been her first choice. Anna’s first choice, from what he knew, had been the violin but the free ones the school let students borrow for the year had all gone out to other people. She had thus decided on the viola, deeming it similar enough to the violin.

Honestly Liam wasn’t even sure what the difference between the two was, if there even was any difference. Pushing the door open, just enough to slip into the auditorium, he found himself a seat in the back and sat himself down as he leaned forward just a bit to watch what was likely to last few minutes of the practice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm
Aloysius stood on the stage next to the group of pianos and their small pianists. His musical note scarf draped over the keys as he helped flip the sheet music for one of the shorter students. It was always amusing to see how some of them would react to his height. He towered over all his students by almost double in some cases. It was always nice to see the wide range of people who were still interested in music in this day and age.

Today’s lesson had been one of the easier ones, involving chords and a new key for the children to learn. Most of them picked up on it fairly quickly, this group was quickly proving to be his favorite. After a few more minutes, the cat clock that he kept on his piano went off, ending the class. One by one, the children packed up their music sheets and stepped off the stage. Aloysius went to work and moved the pianos back to the side of the stage where they began.

Once the stage was sufficiently cleaned, he sat at the remaining piano and played it softly. By now he knew that a few of his students remained to watch him play his somber melodies. Each saddened tune he played echoed in the auditorium, it was relaxing to play his compositions somewhere other than his home. Even those who were untrained in the art could tell that the feeling in it was true and deep. One time he had someone come up and ask him why he was so sad, it was heartwarming but he just smiled and let them know everything was ok.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm
Anna it seemed was one of those who wanted to hang back a bit, watching her teacher play, and so Liam was forced to stay as well. He didn’t mind it though, he understood taking pleasure in small and simple things whenever you could, he understood Anna’s love for music and her want to hear someone else play. It was lovely but sad, to emotions easy to tell from the piece, as he stood and moved forward. Lightly settling a hand on Anna’s shoulder to let her know that he was here.

A nod of his head, and a smile, given to her when she turned her head to look up at him. When she turned back to continue to watch he focused on the player seated at the piano. He was good, it was no wonder he taught music, and seemed at ease seated at a piano playing.

Some people made it look easy when in fact he was sure it wasn’t, though having never taken music classes himself he couldn’t tell if it was or wasn’t easy. He assumed not though.

It was once a few more children had left, leaving only two children aside from Anna, that he decided to sit down again. Clearly Anna had no interest in leaving till he was done, and he wouldn’t drag her away from this and back to the orphanage...this was a little light in her life and he’d let her have it for as long as he could.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm
After a few more minutes, he finished playing and stood up. He carefully closed the lid on the piano and packed his clock away in his bag. Aside from the students, he noticed a new face in the crowd. By now only one student and the young man remained, he walked up to Anna and smiled softly.

“How did you enjoy your lesson today Anna? I do apologize to your friend here about keeping you a bit after, I tend to get lost in things sometimes.” He offered out his hand towards the young man, trying not to tangle his hand in his scarf. “Did you enjoy watching as well? You are invited to join the lessons as well if you would like at any point.”  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm
Taking the offered hand for a shake he shook his head, a pleasant smile in place. “I didn’t mind the wait. I can’t let her walk home on her own.” And no one else had really been available to pick her up. He was doing what he could for someone who, for now anyway, was like a little sister. If, really it was more like when, she was adopted that bond would be broken but he was ok with that...it had happened plenty of times now.

“No thank you. I may come in the future to pick her up and watch. But I’m not physically capable.” And he really hoped Anna wouldn’t blurt out what she knew was a lie, she was at that point where she tended to point out every lie someone told and correct them. She was, thankfully, an honest child. It was a good trait to have but he hoped she didn’t speak up now, it wasn’t something he ever acknowledged about himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 pm
“Oh so you are not the singing friend she has told me of? Music is also something that anyone can do, you have a sturdy handshake and could probably reach a nice key range with your hands.” He was a good judge of that over the years, a simple handshake could tell him many things about a person both musically and personality wise.

After a few more moments, his watch chimed quietly. It was reminding him of the next group who used the auditorium after his classes. “It seems it may be out time to depart though, the band students shall be here soon with their teacher. Which way do you have to go, I can show you out if you want to converse?” A bitter taste was left in his mouth as he thought of the band teacher, she was loud and rambunctious. It was often irritating how she tried to scout his students to play the bells or another uncultured instrument. With his bag in hand and his scarf wrapped loosely over his shoulders, he motioned towards the exit politely to make sure he didn’t lose the remaining students in the coming horde.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm
Surprise flashed across his face as his eyes moved down towards Anna, who didn’t look the least bit sorry even as she uttered an oops. Somehow he really wasn’t surprised and he knew he shouldn’t lie, it wasn’t something he wanted her or the others to pick up, so he nodded his head a bit. “I am…” He could sing, there was no denying it when Anna had outed him. He wouldn’t call her a liar and he wouldn’t lie in front of her either, something she without a doubt knew.

“I wouldn’t say everyone can do music.” His hands...reach a high key range...with an instrument? That he doubted, highly. He didn’t have a clue on instruments of any sort.

“We’re going out the front doors and gate.” He answered. As much as he wanted to get home, he had homework to do, Anna was skipping at his side and seemed happy and not at all interested in hurrying up. He also didn’t want to be rude to her teacher...it would reflect poorly on her no doubt. “You can...follow us if you are going the same way, you don’t need to go out of your way.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm
Aloysius followed the pair with his bag and sheet music. They made it out as the cacophony of screeching band kids rushed into the auditorium. One day he would see that they learn some respect for the finer arts but, that was for another time.

He always had a lot to carry on class days since some students would forget their music and books. Luckily he had anticipated the overflow and had shoved most of it inside his coat pocket. The long coat he had received from his sister served him well in the winter. While looking over at the pair he remembered how nice it was to chat with others about everyday life. “So I know Anna, what is your name? Also what kind of music do you like? I am Mr. Sharp or Aloysius works as well since you are not a student.”

He didn’t want to bother them too much but it was very rare to see someone older in the class area. Falling out of the times as he had left for very little socialization outside of his work with the Negaverse. Even then he could barely call that socializing up until recently.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm
“Liam…” He didn’t know if the man knew Anna’s last name, if he knew where it came from, he couldn’t give his own just incase. He liked to hide his family status...hide that he was an orphan. It wasn’t something he liked people knowing...it never brought good things for him. Keeping one hand holding onto Anna’s his blue eyes moved towards the other for a moment, looking up at him. “I’m not too picky...though nothing too loud or harsh…” He would try most things once, save for certain genres, but he really preferred things that were lighter - softer. It was just calmer for him and it didn’t bother him the way a lot of other things did.

Liam liked to go to sleep to music playing, or the sound of rain, when he could. He had for Christmas a few years back gotten a speaker for the old ipod he’d gotten and he played music over that so he could go to sleep easier. The computer, that everyone in the orphanage used, was filled with music which he’d downloaded so he could transfer it to his own personal music device. It was one of the few items, the ipod and speaker, that he held dear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 pm
“Oops I do apologize, I caught myself thinking up a melody again. But yes if you would like to listen to anything I compose quite often for a few instruments. I do also believe that with a little work you could definitely play an instrument. I think you might like it, it can bring a freeing feeling when you can express the way you feel with music.” He hoped that perhaps Liam’s songs would be happier than his own. All he could play now were the pained and sorrowful melodies of his losses. There were no happy memories of family to compose about for him, not anymore.

Teaching had helped him stay grounded, forcing the self destructive tendencies away for the necessity of being a good role model for the children. The long nights of drinking himself to sleep had become far and few between. It was nice though, seeing how happy children like Anna were with playing piano no matter how good or bad they were. Just the slightest creeping sorrow seeped into his icy blue eyes even though he was still smiling softly with the flow of conversation.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:20 pm
A good name? For some reason he wanted to smile at that, maybe because his name had been picked for a reason and wasn’t just random, it was nice to hear. While he didn’t care about anyone elses opinion on his taste in music, because everyone was entitled to their own opinion. It was somewhat nice to hear someone else approve. He figured it was just human emotion, that want approval.

While he and Anna continued walking the other had stopped, but why? Figuring it out after they’d gotten a few steps ahead of the other the two of them stopped and waited, watching, the other.

“It’s fine...and maybe. I can come pick up Anna more often.” It would be nice to get out a bit more, he didn’t like always being in the orphanage, it was depressing being inside all the time especially at his age where people had more social lives. He lacked a lot compared to others his age, and he felt it often. It was another thing which separated him in school from his peers. He didn’t have the same experiences that he could talk about. He couldn’t go out with others his age, he couldn’t go shopping, he just...couldn’t do things. It felt like he was in part being denied living….because he didn’t experience things fully.

“Music is something that goes beyond barriers like language...so yes, it can be freeing...and universal as well.” A way to share your feelings with a wider range of people, to touch more people. He didn’t think he’d be any good with an instrument but wasn’t a voice, when one could since, considered one really?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm
Aloysious nodded happily at Liam’s response. “Yes I would enjoy that greatly! But it looks like my stop is coming up, I have to get some more ingredients for my tea. It was a pleasure meeting you Liam and I hope you both have a good day!” With a polite bow, he then ducked into the loose leaf tea shop that the were standing just a few feet from. Excitement warmed him slightly against the cold winds of winter. It would be nice to have someone so interesting in his class.

No matter what things came from his time in the Negaverse, he would always strive to do his best for his students. It was a small reprise from the crushing weight of his actions on his conscience.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces