[Honesty]When it rains it pours[Strike&Orchid&Barley]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm
Tinker's Toy Shop was quiet as it tended to be during the weekdays. The green toymarker putted around, fixing up shelves and rearraging toys, the carpet under him was soft and bouncy, giving his steps a happy bounce.

Today he had gotten a crate of bottles from the near by brewery. As he fixed them up on a spot by the cash register, he wonder if he had made the 'Non Alchoholic' banner over the novelty flavored drinks big enough to keep parents from worrying...or annoying him....

As he put the last bottle on it's display, he frowned at the empty spot to one side. Funny, he thought he had gotten all the flavors. There was a butterbeer, a vanilla milk stout and orange-y fruity kind of beer, but where chocolate one was suppose to be was no a single bottle.

Looking into the crate he found a letter as he walked around to settle behind the cash register, reading it quietly to himself. "Oh well, I guess I'll put that label down for now..."

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm
It was a rare day for Orchid to be out of his little shop and out and about, especially on a weekday, which was a prime time for his shop to be open and selling. But his daughter had asked him for his time and his day and Orchid, unable to resist her puppy eyes and rare requests, had shut down the shop for her and taken a day off to spend some time with her.

It was how he found himself in a toy shop, trailing slightly behind her, in equal measures both surprised and incredibly pleased. She had always been a serious child, stepping up to help him where she could and so quiet that he worried that his workaholic tendencies had affected her too, made her grow up too fast. It was a relief to be asked to come here and he followed her in happily, a small smile on his face as he looked around the shop.

Light skipped ahead of him, taking a peek at her father before moving towards the stuffed animals, making sure he could still see her while she looked among all the toys. Her goal today had been to get her father out of his shop, trying to stem his workaholic tendencies like so much of her family, and she was incredibly pleased it worked after so many tries before. She figured it was a good enough of a success to request going to the toy shop, hopefully getting another stuffed animal to add to her small collection. While she was more outdoorsy, she did cherish her small collection of them, something small and sweet that she cared about even if it was very girly.

She was distracted from the display though, eyes drifting over to a display of drinks. There was a large banner that proclaimed they were 'Non Alcoholic', with the bottles neatly lined up beneath them and she drifted over there, looking at the flavored "beers" that were there. "Papa," She called out softly, drawing Orchid over to where she was standing. "These look really interesting."

"Non Alcoholic beer?" He read out, eyebrows rising at he looked at the display. "If you want to try one, you can. They certainly look good."

Light nodded, looking among the flavors. Vanilla seemed good, and so did the Butterbeer, and she was torn briefly before noticing the label that said chocolate, a favorite of hers. There were none there and she sighed, "Oh, they're out of chocolate. I really wanted to try that."

Tristam Lockhart

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:52 pm
PeanutButterpies

Tinker had watched the father and daughter quietly from his perch by the counter, working on painting details on a small wodden train. He paused, listening to the filly.

"No, not out of stock, just unavailable." The toymaker smiled. "The brewer who makes these sent a note along, apologizing, but her latest bath of the chocolate flavor has been very temperamental. She'll be trying a few different chocolates to get it right as soon as possible." He paused, humming to himself. "She can always use a new taste tester, little one. Lil' Barley don't have much of sweet tooth herself, so she always ask the little ones and big lug of a brother of hers to help with testing. I am sure she would love to have a new tester."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 am
"Unavailable?" Light murmured, listening to the toy-maker intently. She looked at her papa when he finished, her eyes shining brightly. "Could we go help?" She asked, intrigued by the idea and wanting to try something new. It even played into her father's strengths - he loved chocolate, it was his entire job. They'd be a great help for sure, there was no way he could say no.

Orchid paused as he looked at Light, nervous smile on his face. He had thought that it might've been Barley when he first looked at the drinks and this outright confirmed his suspicions. It wasn't that he disliked Barley, but ever since he had his kids he felt awkward around her, unsure. He didn't know what she'd think and so he'd kept his distance and now it seemed to bite him.

"Ah.." He hedged, put on the spot, "I don't think we should, perhaps some other time. There is the shop and all." He was obviously uncomfortable and he shifted, faking a smile.

Light narrowed her eyes but said nothing and just looked back at the display. Her papa was obviously uncomfortably, although she couldn't imagine why. This was right up his expertise, something he'd be really good at. Something she'd be really good at, since she knew all about chocolate from her papa, and exciting since it was so unusual!!

"Why don't you go pick something out? And if you really want one of the beers, you can have one," Orchid added, giving her a gentle nudge. Light only nodded, quietly picking out a stuffed animal she had and then, after a moment of deliberation, a bottle of Butterbeer.

Orchid paid and then head to the door, waiting for Light. She lingered near the register, picking up the items slowly, and then when she was sure her dad was out of earshot she asked, "Can I have the directions to the place? Just for later, in case he changes his mind."

Tristam Lockhart

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 pm
PeanutButterpies

Tinker kept himself from chuckling, having done similar to the little filly quiet a few times. Admittedly he had done it to go to parties, not a beer brewery, but all the same. He lower his voice, incapable from keeping to smile just a bit. "The address is in the label, ma'am. Make sure to take some food to distract the guard Jelly, got it?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Light nodded, then said a very quiet "Thank you!" and followed her father out of the shop, running a bit to catch up. The entire way home she plotted quietly, thinking about the opportunity offered with the tasting. If papa wasn't going to do it, then she was going to, whether he wanted her to or not. It couldn't hurt and well, she didn't exactly have to tell him about it, did she?

When they got home, it only took a few minutes before Papa went back to the shop kitchen, leaving her alone in the main part of the house. When she was certain he'd be sufficiently distracted, she grabbed some of the bread and a few leftover chocolate pastries from the kitchen, put them in a bag, and then crept out of the house with the bottle in front of her to follow the directions.

When she got there, Light threw some of the food she brought to the jelly nervously before she went to the door and knocked on it, shifting on her feet and hoping she wasn't too late.

Tristam Lockhart

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 pm
PeanutButterpies

The large jelly sitting by the door just kind of wiggle, not at all interested in sloshing it's way to the little filly, but it bubbled with satisfaction as it slowly absorbed the sweet pastries.

The door open, but instead of a phony peeking out, it was a hen. All puff up, inspecting the filly before a green hoof pushed her off. "Sorry 'bout that. Malt thinks 'erself the big hen of the house." The green mare smiled down at Light. "Hiya, little lady, how can I help ya?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Light stepped back almost instinctively at the hen, wondering if maybe the person at the toyshop got them mixed up with the jelly. But they were two different things, right?? She shook away the thought as the hen disappeared, followed by an actual phony appearing.

"Hello," She said politely, "I heard you were looking for testers for your chocolate flavored non-alcoholic beer? I'm really familiar with chocolate, so I thought I'd really like to help."

Tristam Lockhart

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 pm
PeanutButterpies
(sorry work was busy this week)

Barley stared at the little filly for a moment before chuckling softly. "I see Tinker waste no time to get me helpers. Yes, I do need a wee bit of help. I am Barley Pop" Her ears perked up when she said the 'pop' of her name. She motion her into the show room of the brewery

The room's walls were lined with bottles and kegs, all neatly label. The back wall had all different types of glass mugs, some normal, some shaped like skulls, hearts, or other weird shapes. "Watcha name, sweetie pie?"

Malt the chicken wobble after them, clucking quietly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:18 pm
"I was just there at the right place and the right time," She replied promptly, although she ducked her head a little in embarrassment. She had been a little too eager probably, but it had just been so exciting!! She perked up when she was motioned in, her steps hesitant at first, then picking up as she walked in and gazed all around.

She was so entranced by the room that she nearly forgot to answer Barley's question, only remembering at the last second. "Oh, I'm Lightning Strike," She answered and then remembering her manners, added on, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Barley, thank you for letting me do this."

Tristam Lockhart
no worries, i've been swamped with school myself!!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 pm
PeanutButterpies

"No problem, lil' strike. Heck, I should be thanking ya since ya helping me and all." She grinned as she walked around to the bar.

"Now, if you don' mind a girl gettin' down to business......" Barley smiled. "Are ya here for a taste or are ya one of those baker phonies that knows chocolate real well? My mama is one of those, and she's done wonders in helping with the other flavors, but she's froo froo french, more buttery then chocolate-y in those veins if ya get me."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Strike nodded as Barley talked, following her over to the bar as she still looked around. "Well, my papa, he works with chocolate all the time. It's his job, he runs this shop," She said, frowning a little in concentration, "My grandma runs a bakery too and she makes chocolate pastries and things sometimes. I think papa learned his chocolate stuff from her. So I'm confident that I can really help you with the flavor, because I've been around it so much."

Tristam Lockhart
Super super sorry, School came and pretty much kicked me in the face!!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 am
PeanutButterpies
[Sorry got side blinded by school and work!]

Barley tilted her head a bit as she listen to the filly, taking down four of glasses. She try to not let her thoughts run away a bit at Strike's words. There were tons of purple-y phoenies around, and even more so bakers. She took a deep mental breath, no, regardless of anything, Barley knew she had to live in the present and not the past. She smiled gently at her. "Well then, ya're the kind of expert I been lookin' for."

She took out pour them both a sample of her current chocolate drink, and then some water. "See, I am using some very dark chocolate, cause it has to fight the flavor of the oats, but it ends up quiet a bittah drink to get down. I love it, but I know kiddies like yerself don't care for it that much."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 pm
It wasn't that Strike didn't believe Barley but as she reached for the glass she had poured her, murmuring a quiet, "Thank you," she wondered how dark the dark chocolate could actually be. When she took a sip it turned out that she was right - it was very, very bitter. Her face contorted around the sip, but she had been raised to be polite, so she managed to swallow and then tried to not lunge for the glass of water that had also been poured.

"I see what you're saying," She said after the water had washed most the taste out of her mouth, leaving her only slight a slight aftertaste that she could mull over. She thought for a second, then said, "What about a bittersweet chocolate? Or mixing some of that really dark chocolate with a milk or white chocolate to sweeten it up? White chocolate is really sweet as it is, so that might help."

Tristam Lockhart
Eighteen million apologies oh my lord. I basically had a really huge change in Feb and then March and I struggled a bit, and I think the quote ended up being lost in my notifs too : (

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:21 pm
PeanutButterpies
[No worries!]

Barley took no offense at the cute little wrinkle that contorted the filly's face. She just smiled gently and waited for Strike to get her bearings back. "That could possible work, thought doesn't white chocolate lack any cocoa in it? I suppose adding more sugar in teh way of sweeter chocolate could work." She clicked her hoof a few times on the counter, rolling over the concept. "The reason I used the dark chocolate is so that it would taste like chocolate, but perhaps addming milk chocolate...and maybe changing the recipe of a millk stout could help making it easier on the taste buds..."

She paused as she heard a rumbling of thunder from outside. ".....That's not good..." She muttered, walking over to the window, seeing the drizzling from earlier getting worse. "Me thinks we are going to have to cut this short, little lady."  
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games