Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm
Kivras
"Don't you make excuses." Ahri'ok snarled at the three grunts that currently, and wisely, bowed their heads to the furious general. "We'll see how they go over with the Warlord and the Farseer if you keep it up. Now get out of here!" Finishing with a snap of his fangs in their direction, he shook his mane out as he watched the grunts turn tail and rush away.

Their crime wasn't anything horrid- they had killed and eaten a small hare while on the borders- but Ahri'ok was in a foul mood since the day had begun, starting with news of...well, no news on the Warchief. It just so happened that the young grunts, aspiring to be scouts apparently, had wandered out to the mouth of the canyon for what they claimed was an early morning scouting. Truth be told, he was angrier at the fact that the three of them had only just completed their Om'riggor not days prior. They were still young, and to him, still whelps. His threat to bring the matter to the High Warlord and the Farseer was rather empty, as he knew fullw ell the both of them had their paws full.

For now, he chose his usual spot on one of the higher cliffs, watching the peons come and go, as well as the rest of the activity down in the rest of the pride. Time was to be passed now by cleaning his paws, yawning, occasionally snapping at a peon who got just a little too close, and dozing off in the afternoon sun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Lightning Shadow X
His dozing would unfortunately be short lived, the attitude towards the aspiring scouts had not gone unnoticed by the Scout Master - or rather, Scout Mistress who watched the grunts turn tail and flee to whatever activity sounded more appeasing then dealing with Ahri'ok's attitude or being chewed out infront of the Warlord and Farseer. Quiet paws made their way to where the bulky male lay only for her voice to cut through the silence as soon as she spotted his thick mud coloured hide. "I see you're keeping the youngsters on their toes." She responded curtly.

Azrasha was as red as the stones of the canyon and made an excellent scout, she was light on her paws, muscular but smaller than say a General of her same age and most definitely smaller than Ahri'ok or the Warchief who'd been her prime concern the past few weeks. Ear flicking she didn't even wait for a response from the male and boldly made her way a few good steps next to him as she briefly overlooked their cliff sheltered homes. "Have any of the other scouts reported anything?" It was a brief question, she didn't turn to look at him but her ear was swivelled in his direction as she continued to observe the pridal life below.

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Kivras
A soft 'hrmph' was all that was given as a greeting as he slowly came out of doze-mode. The bush of mane that had fallen into his eyes prevented him from seeing who had approached, but since the scent was decisively different from the peons' usual bitter one, and they were wise enough to not disturb him, he narrowed it down to four possible lionesses that could get away with it right now.

Once the hair was out of his face and the red pelt was spotted, he chuckled softly at his visitor before rising, stretching his limbs out one by one to pop the aching joints. "Fools. All three of them." A yawn escaped him suddenly, tongue rolling out of his maw. He looked a sight, really. Up and about for most of the day, but seeming liek he had only just rolled awake. "They haven't been of age for a week even, and already trying to push boundaries." Not that that inherently was a terrible thing, really. Just more trouble and issues that the pride didn't need.

"...Nothing." He responded, running a large paw through his mane to settle it at least a little bit. "I'd hoped to hear at least a whisper, by now."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:10 pm
Lightning Shadow X
A lengthy sigh escaped her nose as she sat herself and finally turned her sharp yellow eyes to the larger lion. "He isn't the Warchief for nothing...he's proved his strength enough...but weeks without any return scout, not even any birds or jackals sent back for messages." Another irritated sound escaped past her muzzle as she shifted from one paw to the other as he sat before everything sensible in her head immediately told her to swap the topic of the conversation. This, if any of the peons or grunts overheard, would do nothing for the pride's morale and at that was essential to their survival till the Warchief returned.

Arching a brow at him she rolled out the tension in her shoulders and decided to drive away such a sour topic by asking him about his day instead. "So what's got you in a mood this time? You've dealt with far worse than those three, lest we forget the two that thought bringing back a wild angry wildebeest in the middle of peon orientation was a wise idea."

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 pm
Kivras
Back to grooming, it seemed, as her subject change came exactly when he went back to nibbling the fur between his toes. There had been a dried clump of blood from the last time he went hunting, and it was to the point where it was bothering him. As big and as stront as he was though, he hated, HATED pulling out the fur from between his toes. It made them sensitive, even for a little while, and threw him completely off kilter for as long as he could feel the slight sting from the fur being ripped out there.

Still, he wasn't about to be too rude, and once he was satisfied that he'd gotten enough of the blood out, he put his paw back down and looked down over the canyon.

"Those two are still in deep dung." He growled under his breath. If he had been younger, he might have found it funny. But as it was, his currenlty vile temper was causing his hackles to raise at just the memory of the incident. Paired with what had just happened, he may as well be spitting venom.

"I'm worried. We all are. The Farseer herself has grown short on temper as of late, and I can't help but dread what might come next. Yes, I have no doubt he's fine, but..." He took a breath. A deep breath that filled his lungs, held it for a moment, then exhaled sharply, looking around to make sure some peons weren't listing too intently.

"I'll be the one to say it; He's probably all right. But what about us? His mate? His sister?" Ancestors, it felt good to finally let that out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Lightning Shadow X
"It could be a far worse situation I suppose," Azrasha said out of the blue, her paws settling infront of her as she laid herself down so her belly rested on the warm stone of the cliff and she glanced between observing the cliff and the pridal goings-on. "He could've left us in the middle of a war or with his mate pregnant...granted I'm sure he'll receive no less a cuffing when he returns, I've seen the Farseer's temper as you said." There was a brief moment as her ears pinned back in silent thought. "Then again she's a calm river to the flash flood that the Warlord is and for good reason, more and more rogues keep wandering the borders, if it isn't young males attracted by some of the female peons and grunts it's lost cubs."

She gave her limbs a brief stretch as her claws scritched across the stone infront of her, making very light lines in the rockface as she lay there and settled her yellow eyes back on the large bulk that was the General. "He'll be back soon enough, he's got old Warsong blood in him and they were well known for their stubborn attitudes, he's probably battling spirits knows what to get back to us."

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 pm
Kivras
The very thought of their Warchief leaving the Farseer behind, alone, while expecting whelps flared his temper again. While that wasn't the case, it very well could have been. That would have left the Farseer unable to help keep the pride together. Which would have left the High Warlord alone to suffer. It would have been a disaster.

As quickly as his temper rose again, however, it subsides once more just as quickly. Another shake of his head to settle his mane, and he was back to being stretched out like a content lump.

"He'll return to a strong pride. And maybe after he gets whipped by his mate by being gone for so long, we'll be in for a celebration."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm
Lightning Shadow X
Watching the stretched out lump of a male, she huffed amusedly as she laid out on the stone and observed the passing birds that swooped down through the canyon over the pride, every now and then they'd be swatted at by eager whelps or even successfully snatched by a Scout or lucky Grunt. All the while listening to the large male she lay next to.

"Seeing you celebrate will be a first in a long time, but I look forward to seeing it," She didn't want to touch on that topic with the General but it was a topic that needed addressing none the less and she glanced his way briefly amidst her bird watching before a thin and level headed sigh escaped her nose. "Well, I best give my report to the Warlord, she'll be eager to hear another no-show news again." The sarcasm dripped from her muzzle as she stood, not looking too eager to tell the Golka about not finding her brother. Again.

As she passed she gently knocked the back of one light paw against him lumpish self and looked at him. "You should really talk to one of the shaman about the pain."

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm
Kivras
"I don't envy you." a low rumble that could be laughter escaped him. "Let me know when she sends you out again. I could use some time out and away from the rabble."

'The rabble' below being the only thing that kept him amused anymore. That, and how warm the stones were at evening, after a day of being warmed by the sun. It would be nice to enjoy it when worries were no more. At least for a while.

"Eh?" Her suggestion was confusing for a moment, and only when his paw twinged slightly did he understand. Another laugh, and he turned his head enough to give her a smile. "Good idea. Wouldn't want more of an excuse to lie here all day, huh?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm
Lightning Shadow X
Watching Ahri'ok for a moment or two she smiled lopsidedly and nodded quietly in agreement. "Like you'd look any different with a few extra pounds on your bulk from laying around, it'd probably make you even more intimidating." She quipped with a slight snicker in her throat, they all got wounds now and then...but his wounds would always strike much deeper then that, but he wasn't ready to talk about that, obviously.

So for now she let that slip, his healing would come eventually. For now she had to deal with...yeah...that.

"If I get a new bruise I'll show you soon as I get out, Aka'magosh Ahri'ok." With that she made her way off with a sureness of step, a brief glance back to the darker lion over her shoulder before she slipped back down the canyon to the Warlord's cave.

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
[IC] Vita'Alizaliwa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items