Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Cor-R] Sometimes those terrible things -- they save you. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:06 pm
Elex's heart hammered to the crackle of cooking meat. Gristle popped, crackled and spat from where it sat in its metal dish, arcing over the rim in fleshy effervescence. The smoke and smell kept dragging his thoughts back to the pan -- to the surprise inside. People burn the same way, he reminded himself. The flesh popping, the skin cracking, the scent of bacon permeating the air --

Stop it. This is ridiculous. Elex paced past the long bend of the mahogany dinner table, past those sharp corners that left bruises on many hips, and darted for the house's front rooms. Runner rugs marked many a hallway with their damask patterns. Pedestal columns and meaningless knick-knacks and paintings who lost their flavor and meaning lined each of the hallways in a stale recipe. They since ceased their religious rotation with his mother's death; no one else kept tabs with Ms. Beauregarde to recognize when neo Dadaism replaced french impressionism as the hot new domestic display. Elex seldom cast a glance in their direction anymore.

The foyer felt as empty as it always had. Wax fruit perched primly in their hand-spun bowl, which sat as an accent to the black lacquer table beneath. A crystal chandelier overlooked the display from its alcove in the ceiling. The room itself split into three corridors at right angles, between which sat curved booth seating with their seasonally-appropriate colored cushions (but he knew, by now, that the color palette was passé). Travertine tile walked to the very threshold of the front door, where glass laid into mahogany with a gaudy gold filigree. Looking out now, he watched an all-too-familiar vehicle claim its place in the curved driveway. Elex didn't dally.

An intercom faceplate sat flush in the wall, with its brushed gunmetal finish butting up against the wine accent wall. What an ironic color choice. A thin finger depressed the call function. "He's here. I'll keep him occupied if you'll pull dinner out of the oven." I'm sure you'll remind me that I've never touched a stove before in my life.

And that I've never proven myself as an officer, either.
He touched 'end call' and waited for the bell.

It had been a surprise, but a welcome one when the invitation to dinner had been presented. Considering that neither of them had introduced the other to their families it felt like a large milestone was going to be passed. A step in a direction that took their relationship from ‘feeling each other out’ to ‘solid couple’. Of course, that was assuming that Elex had intentions of introducing Rowan as something more than a reconnected childhood friend. With the indication of meeting his mother though...Rowan had high hopes. Plus, the previous nights escapades certainly gave credence to the train of thought. Just thinking about the evening brought a grin to Rowan’s face as he pulled up the driveway, parking the silver vehicle with a casual laziness that was a cover-up for on-edge nerves.

Taking a moment to glance in his rear view mirror and do some last minute primping he fixed a few stray wefts of hair that weren’t lying quite how he liked. In an effort to present himself in the best manner possible he’d tied the purple locks back in a low ponytail. Pieces hung around his face while others had been carefully tucked up. A dark burgundy button down peeked out from under his black leather jacket. Black slacks and shoes had been opted for to finish off the look. The dinner wasn’t necessarily formal but Rowan wanted to look good for Mrs. Yorke. Like he was a young man worthy of dating Elex, which he was.

The comforting scent of his cologne filled the car and followed the young man from the vehicle as he finally stepped out of it. He fussed and smoothed out his shirt as he walked up to the door. The mahogany with glass inlay had quite the traditional feel. Much different when compared to his mother’s own modern contemporary. The more traditional look though had a much warmer and welcoming feel to it. The Yorke house itself was initially more inviting than he had originally thought with the nervousness he was experiencing.

A finger pressed the doorbell button. The chimes filled the house and Rowan stepped back to fuss with his shirt some more when the door sprung open. He had been expecting a servant of some sort but instead was pleasantly surprised to find Elex on the other side of the entryway. A smile lit-up Rowan’s face at the sight of the other young man. “I hope I am not too early.” He said. “I was feeling antsy and needed to get moving.” Rowan knew he wasn’t terribly early. He had even taken his time driving over, taking the longer route.

How do you smile at someone when you're about to end their life? The question dogged Elex for the hours since the decision was made. Time spent with Rowan felt strained for Elex's natural propensity to withdraw from impending hurt. But he knew the costs, the alternatives, the rewards. When he smiled, he felt the deepest pain from his sincerity.

It's good to see you. It's also awful to see you. Strange how these opposites can coexist so easily.

"She's not going to mind," Elex returned. "The food hasn't finished cooking, but I doubt she'll mind meeting you outside the dinner table." He took in the sight of his companion for a long moment -- hair wrangled at his back, a trim jacket hugging all the corners of his muscles, a deep and dramatic burgundy huddled behind the lapels -- he dressed sharply, even outside of formality. He showed all the earmarks of the haughty and overconfident; she wouldn't miss any of it. Elex worried over Rowan's performance that evening; his fate was cupped in her hands.

Shaking his head at himself, Elex stood aside. The door swung wide to admit entry soundlessly. Once Rowan crossed the threshold, the door snapped shut with a certain finality. "We sent Chelsea home early today. I'll take your coat."

Elex opened the closet to find a hangar, and his mother's rose perfume pushed its way into him. It still clung to the clothes she left hanging inside -- the boleros, the jackets, the shawls. He anchored teeth to his lower lip as he forced himself to exhale. Now isn't the time. Not here. His delicate fingers skipped over the shoulders of coats and suits, lingering once on an ermine trim to a frock, then found an empty wooden hanger. He turned with the item brandished.

"She doesn't like it when her guests turn up with their coats on. She wants them to stay a while."

Under Elex’s dark gaze Rowan grinned as each part of him was taken in. Rowan hoped that he passed muster with his attire. Or is he thinking of something else, perhaps? Perhaps he was thinking too much into it, but Rowan didn’t flinch away from the prolonged look. If nothing else he flowed under it. There was something about the way that Elex looked at him that just sent nerve endings into high alert.

Stepping through the threshold, the warmth of the house was deeply appreciated. Heat began to quickly make work of diminishing the cold that winter had set into the teen. The mention of his coat had him unbuttoning it to slide from his shoulders and arms. Odd that they’d send their maid home early on an evening they are expecting a guest. Mother would have made sure everyone was on so that everything was taken care of.

“Well, I certainly don’t want to give her the impression that I am itching to leave.” He responded lightly as Elex took his coat to hang in the closet. The soft scent of a perfume managed to lodge itself in Rowan’s nose and the teen looked over to the closet full of other articles of clothing. Likely his mother’s perfume. I wish I had known she liked rose scents. I could have brought her something. In truth, Rowan was mentally berating himself for a lack of a gift for his hosts. It had been so long since he had been to anything but large dinner parties or casual events of friends that a host gift had completely slipped his mind. I’ll need to pick something up and send it over as a thank you.

A nervous energy began building up in him. It felt similar to audition day and awaiting his turn for the floor, but here he had no routine run endlessly in his head as a distraction. Instead, there was only one thing, one person, who could help and Rowan selfishly intended to take full advantage of the fact they were still alone. While Elex was hanging his coat, Rowan walked up behind him, wrapped his arms around his waist and leaned in to kiss the Yorke boy’s cheek.

He moved halfway around Elex to give him a proper kiss. His hands shifted around the dark-haired boy’s waist in the process. The kiss was energized in a way Rowan hadn’t felt before. He couldn’t quite put a finger onto why, but there was something about it that felt different and not necessarily in a bad way. It had him pull back momentarily before diving in once again for one small peck before finally pulling away. “Mmmm.” He said, eyes roving Elex’s face. “Alright.” He said, finally admitting his nervousness aloud. “I am as ready for this as I am going to be to meet your mother.”

The touch to his waist was surprising in its unsurprisingness -- months ago he never imagined engaging in these behaviors, let along considering them commonplace. But now, with Rowan's arms having ensconced him many times, the gesture almost felt expected. Like a ritual kept between the pair.

He also learned to turn and reciprocate each kiss, not for expectation, but because he wanted to. He liked kissing, he decided, for all the expressions it could share. In Rowan's kiss came interest, excitement, gladness, perhaps a little neediness. And Elex could reciprocate with his own responses in little more than a movement of lips. You're as welcome here as I am. You're endearing when you're nervous. We can't linger here for too long.

Elex looked to Rowan's eyes to find the fear in them. Maybe he knows. Maybe he can smell the danger.

Or maybe Elex's imagination got the better for him.

"She's not that bad. You just have to agree with her on everything." Elex shut the closet door, then pried himself from Rowan's grip just enough to lead him by the hand. He split off down the right hallway, one that led to the kitchen through a circuitous route, as a small concession to himself and his companion. Seconds spent away from Anna in any iteration were never wasteful, and the hallways still displayed their abstract impressionist paintings proudly. They were last season's item, he knew, but Rowan liked them anyway.

He gave but one pause before the pair stepped into the kitchen. "I'm sorry for everything that's about to happen." On they went.

Small begat small, as Stroud was no party to at her height. Mother Yorke’s closet was also fake label, which was never high on Stroud’s list for wearing- thrifting and upcycling with style, and games of 3-minute costume, were standbys of entertainment for high society, but knockoffs trying to be as close as possible to the runway without being on the walk bled bourgeoisie in the same way as Ethan Allen catalogues and vehement dislike for the existence of tchotchke. The lady Yorke surely had reason for her choices of wardrobe and banally classic hygiene products. To the antiquarian it seemed the woman had been posing herself the wrong questions to come to those. Still, the review was necessary, as with the house. People matched their homes in perceptible ways, and a missed design cue would create a visual dissonance that invited defensiveness in a way that money-ite table banter never would.

So was conjured and image- one of Stroud’s own designer, but simple black numbers so that the cut wouldn’t ride hooker-high. It was a form-fitted dress, to lend credence to nerves of trying to remain sexually alluring to a possibly roaming husband. But it wasn’t desperate, with it’s mandarin collar and long sleeves to preserve skin or secrets. Or in Stroud’s case tattoos and dermals. Likewise, platinum hair was pulled back to a restrained and controlled gather behind her neck, but still ‘down’ rather than an updo. As it were, the boys’ entry found her having unfoiled and uncorked a bottle of wine to breath, setting it into a ice bucket.

“Punctuality is a virtue. ” Her smile was enigmatic, practiced and small, like the statement. The Austrian way of introductions was direct and handshake, so it was that she set corkscrew aside to the counter, then turned to offer hand like it’s own demand of Rowan’s name and eye contact.

Rowan followed behind Elex after regretfully needing to disengage from the boy. As much as this introduction to Mrs. Yorke was an important one, he also would have much preferred to just spend the evening in Elex’s solo companionship. Alas, life didn’t always go the way he wanted, and sometimes things less interesting needed to be done. So, the Cameron boy followed just behind his boyfriend as they moved through the halls closer to the source aroma of cooking food.

”I’m sorry for everything that’s about to happen.”

Rowan couldn’t help the smile that came to his face as Elex made yet another verbal hit upon his mother. The youngest Yorke boy certainly had strong opinions to the woman on the other side of the door. There was a want to reassure Elex that it would all be fine, that his mother couldn’t possibly be that terrible, but the dark haired teen pushed open the door leaving Rowan with no chance to respond.

Stepping into the kitchen, Rowan was greeted with a similarly clean yet traditional kitchen, but that wasn’t the sole focus of his attention. The woman, dressed in an all black number that was tastefully catered to her body and stature was busy freeing the cork stopper from a bottle of wine. The soft, resounding pop of the bottle was what greeted the pair as they entered the room followed quickly by the smooth timbre of the woman’s voice. Her smile was neither warm nor offputting. Curious perhaps? Interested? Rowan couldn’t put an exact adjective to it, but he found himself returning her smile with one of his own.

The proffered hand was quickly scooped up in Rowan’s own. Though he hadn’t expected such a direct greeting, Rowan was thankful for it as the handshake was quickly exchanged. “I try to be. I have never been much of a fan of ‘fashionably late’ if I can avoid it.”

Golden eyes danced to Elex for a moment to see the others reaction to the quick exchange, but he dared not linger. Instead he turned his focus back to the blonde woman, his smile never faltering as he put his best foot forward. “Mrs. Yorke, I assume. I must confess, I remember little of our encounters when I was a child so it is lovely to finally meet you again formally. Thank you for the invitation for dinner.’

At least she knows how to play pretend. Elex watched the exchange with nervous earnest, his placid gaze darting from one actor to the next. Like we're all part of a tragic play and none of us knows how it ends.

Elex absconded with some of the plates and took them to table in a servant's role. They wouldn't spend much time on eating, he was certain. As their conversation drifted back to him, Elex noted their turns of phrase. You use so many empty words, Rowan. Words that don't mean anything. Did you pick that up from your ballet rehearsals? Maybe it's easier to say nothing and let others ascribe their meaning to you. That's not very becoming for a future officer.

When he returned, frosty resignation ruled his tone. He shot a sidelong glance to 'Anna' as he spoke. "I'm sure he's hungry, Mother. We shouldn't keep him waiting." His gaze spoke differently -- you're going to kill him instead, aren't you?

More dishes waited demurely for their carry to the table, and Elex paused little in doing so. The next sides were swept up into small but sure hands. While he lacked his normal strength, he remembered enough of his lessons and rehearsals to know the coming part. He couldn't stand shoulder to Stroud or Rowan in acting, but he didn't have to -- the next parts played were terribly true to his character.

Assumption was useful here, for the name, and it played into the technique from the start. The interrogator was to answer no question from the victim. Questions were agency, agency was power, power could be turned to resistance. Barbs in this case, where geniality and hope for Elex’s safety were both cloaks, had to be heavily masked for regular snobbish, parental authority. Rowan had to be allowed to be a wolf, or a mustang, or a dragon, or whatever ephemeral protector creature he adolescently fancied himself. It would want for matters of sides, and talk of unbalancing things, the glib were always the least guarded, the most heartwarming to bond over. Humor turned swords to plowshares: the ‘cool’ but ‘ew gross’ parent that offered wine at dinner and didn’t balk at the realities of adolescence.

The fancies of lateness- nor of fashion in general it would seem. Hazel gaze lingered in the middle distance of taking in Rowan’s hair against the dark wine color of his shirt:
“When I am an old woman I shall wear purple.
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
But it seems you’ve cleverly reversed that old piece. Jenny Joseph isn’t well read these days. It is her most famous poem, early as it was, I fear. It has been too long. “

The boy was pleasantly taller for his age than her black-eyed b*****d. Less also of the rabbity, anemic sort, and trotting toward the realm of meat and growth potential unfrozen. Elex was nerves and tragedy, his eyes talking with glamour in ways that were terribly lost to regular life. “Elex, you may be hungry to show your guest your bedroom, but if he is equally as hungry, then he’ll need the calories to take you the course. A wonder if you wait long enough to put on raincoats? A little conversation to warm your tongues won’t hold you up so long. “ She pulled a glass from the counter and poured expertly, then held it out to Rowan.

“At least grapes can be swirled, to get a head start. The meat has to rest it’s 5 minutes, Elex wanting or no. Can you spare an old woman at least as long as a glass?”

As if rehearsed, elex went about gathering dinnerware and setting the table with each piece. It was an odd sight to see as Rowan was accustomed to servants doing such things at dinner parties, even ones as small as this. But, considering the dismissal of the servant, there was no one else to work upon the setting. His countenance and frost laced tone gave hint that perhaps Elex was as anxious and nervous about this entire meeting as Rowan was. Kind words but your voice reveals more than your words. What’s wrong, Elex? He itched to show support, to attempt to ease worried nerves, both Elex’s and his own, but there was the worry that Mother Yorke may not approve of such displays.

Mrs. Yorke took her son’s words in stride. She didn’t falter in her countenance and instead continued on as if cold words were a norm. What he hadn’t expected was the matter-of-fact way the woman hinted upon any extracurricular activities the two teens participated in. In fact, it took Rowan by such surprise he caught himself starring with raised brows and wide eyes for more than what one would consider polite. Obviously his and Elex’s relationship was out in the open. Perhaps a bit more than Rowan would have thought. I never got the feeling that Elex was terribly close enough to his mother to disclose our relationship so...completely. But, I suppose if these were assumptions on her part I just confirmed them.

Clearing his throat he smiled at ‘Anna’ and did his best to recover from the obvious social mistake. Taking the proffered wine glass, Rowan smiled and swirled the contents in the glass, his gaze fixed upon the blonde. “Starting with a glass of wine and conversation is perfectly amicable.” He tore his gaze from ‘Anna’ to look to Elex who had taken to helping prepare the table for the upcoming dinner. Is the constant movement your way of dealing with nerves? Your disinterest in your mother? If you were so worried about this meeting, why set it up? Or would this always be a stressful situation for you?

He raised the glass of wine to his lips and sipped carefully at the liquid. The dry red wine was a pleasant surprise. Rowan had found many preferred the sweeter varieties which, while not terrible, weren’t his favorite. “Wonderful taste in wine.” Rowan complimented Mrs. Yorke with genuine approval and appreciation.

“Perhaps I should help Elex with finishing setting up the table so we can all sit down and chat together.” He said as he set his wine glass down to grab hold of two bowls each sporting a different side dish. Broccoli in one, still steaming from it’s removal from the stove and a creamy risotto in the other. “After all, it’s the least I can do for the work you’ve put in for dinner tonight.” He flashed one of his charming smiles, one well rehearsed and used when conversing with people of import. With sure steps he followed elex’s path and when he felt Mrs. Yorke couldn’t see his expression he exhaled slowly, smile fading as he worked to ease his own anxieties. There was just something about Anna, and it wasn’t just her relationship to Elex, that put Rowan on edge.

'Cleverly' reversed Jenny Joseph. Reversed the gender role. Rowan, she wasn't paying you a compliment. One day you'll pick up on how much she degrades others, but not today. Elex kept to his constant pacing of dining room to kitchen to dining room to kitchen, ever under the pretense of holding this or carrying that. He distrusted the waiting game, though not for Stroud's acting or Rowan's pretenses.

Then she opened her mouth further. Yawned it right open and unhinged her jaws. Aren't you crass. He sidled up to the table, all muted sourness, and coaxed the bottle out of bucket to pour himself a drink. Wine often smelled terrible and never tasted much better, but posed a clever excuse for any bitter expressions. And with the way she steered conversation so, lighting up Rowan's face with a rare glimpse of honesty, she wouldn't care what he did with it. Besides, she -- the real and the fake -- knew of his brother's underage drinking habits. "I see why Father asked for a divorce." Briskly he took a sip of his drink,

and found it every bit as acrid as expected. His face wrinkled into a grimace. It's not worth getting drunk on.

Shooting Rowan a serious stare, he hoped to divulge a few hints. Dispense with the pleasantries. 'Anna' did as much already through her unsubtle calling out of their intentions. She didn't care to beat around the bush about it.

With the wine glass now a home for restless fingers, Elex tried his own hand at steering the conversation. Plainly Rowan saw fit to play subservient to any topic of conversation, unless to abscond with Elex away from the threat of the evening. Second guesses webbed over his throat, and he cleared them roughly. The extra rasp to his voice betrayed him, however -- an easy tribute to the wine.

"Rowan said he'd help me with my problem. Not the bedroom one," he added with a look askance. "For as much as you might hate his taste in clothing, he's been good to me. He might know someone who can help. Then I won't have to be under house arrest anymore, would I?" His look to Anna drifted from tepid to algid. "No more driving Mother mad."

“Wouldn’t that be something. “ The words mused, turned on a wistful exhale. “Hope is a most dangerous thing. “

She looked between the boys, lingering longer by a hair on Rowan, who was the supposed source of this grand and damning thing. Her own smile thinned from milk to a watery, tired, hopeless thing. It was the wounded heart-limp of those who finally came to a problem that money couldn’t buy off, where it was usually the option. She gathered the roast last to carry slowly to the table while they found their seats. “Unless help be very grand, the best we can do is as we have done. He hasn’t scared you off, I hope, and take it that you’re here having dinner? Dreadful stuff. ”

Shall you reassure us, bravado-boy? Shall you save your dear Elex, as his parent cannot, the hero of your own story? Save him, Rowan.

This whole situation was not what I was expecting at all. Rowan sat down in one of the vacant chairs after retrieving his glass of wine. He took up his seat next to Elex and nearest to Mrs Yorke. The table spread was certainly more food than the three of them could possibly eat but it made for a delightful display with steaming bowls and platters of hot food. Rowan’s perusal of the food didn’t mean he missed the pointed look Elex shot him and the young man fumbled mentally with himself. Being courteous to people he was meeting and needed to make a good impression on was a lesson learned since he was young enough to speak. Mrs. Yorke appeared to not care much about such pleasantries which seemed odd. Hadn’t Elex mentioned she was a woman who worried about her appearances? This all seems a bit odd for a woman like Elex described.

Turning to look at anna, Rowan’s eyes met hers as she looked from her dark haired son to him. “Hope can be a rather powerful tool.” He remarked, working to suppress the need to continue his facade of niceties. “Get people moving in a direction they otherwise may have given up on.”

He looked towards Elex and offered the boy a smile. “And I have a strong hope that something can be done for Elex. There’s someone out there that has information that could liberate him. So, all it will take is a little work.” He shrugged and turned back to Anna and raised a brow. “I am sure you’ll be doing everything you can to help of course. I can’t imagine someone’s mother just throwing her hands up and saying ‘we’ve done the best we can’.”

There was a hint of accusation in his words but the honey syruped coating was still heavily running over each word he spoke.

Eye’s turned back to Elex. “I couldn't not at least try to help.”

Elex looked after 'Anna' with eyes wide. It's like you have real emotions. Something different from cynicism and glee. Had she simply learned it from watching faces, or felt it herself?

He followed as the last to seat himself, and where Rowan had expectations of sitting side by side in camaraderie, Elex deliberately chose the spot across. He sat on the stiff chair by its very edge, as if his back were allergic to the woodgrain. The sea of bowls and shining silverware between them shored up enough that they could see each other plainly. Elex's wine glass sat poised over an empty plate like it searched for a place to dock. He swirled it as he learned from so often watching Lazarus. "Hope is talk," he offered with their adversarial seating. "and talk doesn't fill glasses. Actions do.

"Tell me, Rowan -- what actions have you taken? Have you found anyone?" He looked on in genuine concern. The number found by Rowan's own words were as much a death knell for those people's present lives. But as Rowan said once before, Elex asked after the few buried in the millions. Maybe he knew no one. Maybe he didn't start looking. Maybe the few asked reacted with as much audacity as Rowan did when Elex confronted him on the existence of monsters.

Wishful thinking, all of it. He knew he needed the outcome.

Elex retired his wine long enough to pluck the gifted pocket watch from his pants pocket. The long chain glittered under examination-table overhead lighting, like a beacon at sea. He placed it on the table, face-up, with the cover open and exposed. The time read nearly three. It was far from it. "I'm running out of time."

What can be gleaned from this chaff? Interrogation, even at the latest stages, was a measure of subtleties, behavioral science and assumptions. Without the application of physical methods, Rowan met eyes without hesitation. It was fitting and usual to the acculturation of a male bodied human raised male within the American set. He should be so bold in the face of an enemy ( even one he didn’t recognize). He had no problem correcting a female ‘superior’ of status on an opinion, replete with an accompanying mansplanation. He tried to reassure without any solid substance or substantiation of a proof. Elex did well and demanded the verification. The question of effectiveness or hot air remained in the answer.

There have been examples of officers with use of the all bluster variety, still effective for Metallia’s goals in other arenas. Buddingtonite. She put down her glass so that the flat base thocked before the swift swish uptake of a napkin. It covered her mouth, a face downturned as swiftly while she stood up and turned to preserve whatever dignity regarding ‘overwrought emotion’. Anger, despair, offense, that was up to the boy to decide in his reassurances of ‘trying to help’ and answering Elex’s question. Anna moved towards the kitchen portal.

Seemed Elex and his mother were similar in their mindsets about progress and the intent of progress. Perhaps he’d barked up the wrong tree with his spouting of hope and intentions yet to bare fruit. Still, he could at least look Elex in the eye when he answered the question. “I’ve started.” He said with surety. He could at least let Elex know that he hadn’t just spouted pretty words in an effort to make himself sound impressive or masculine. He took his promise seriously.

“I just haven’t had any luck yet in speaking to anyone about it. There hasn’t been anyone of promise that has popped up. It could be the holidays or perhaps they’re truly just going to be difficult to track down. Wanting to find them in a few days is a bit optimistic I guess, but I am sure something will come up.”

A thonk of glass on the table, red wine swirled in it’s bowl as Mrs. Yorke stood, napkin to hand to depart in haste. Well, that hadn’t gone as I’d hoped. She’s a curious thing, though. One minute talking about Elex and my bedroom habits and now insulted by my insinuation? Perhaps he had been better off with his niceties despite Elex’s looks demanding otherwise. What was done was done now though. It wasn’t like he’d be able to go and comfort the woman. That would be up to Elex if he saw fit.

He sighed, turning his eyes away from the kitchen in which Mrs. Yorke had disappeared to to find Elex sitting there, pocket watch on display. “Running out of time?” He raised a brow. “I know we needed to move fast but is there something else going on?” Eyes flicked back down to the watch as his brain caught up with what he had seen. The pocket watch was ticking to three. Rowan knew for a fact it was pushing six by this point. Maybe he forgot to wind it? An easy enough solution to the wrong time, but Elex didn’t seem bothered by the incorrect display.

“Elex, are you alright? Did something else happen?” Worry furrowed brows.

Rowan's bold disagreement caught in a lattice of hypervigilant thoughts. You've 'started' but you found nothing. You have nothing. That's a poor position for a new recruit -- if you want to be whole. Maybe you don't.

He spoke with a tone bereft of those criticisms. "It makes a pretty story. You going out every day, searching around, risking your life for me. Making yourself a target by looking for my answers. Romantic, isn't it? It's storybook devotion."

Toward but not through.

"Much like the prince in Cinderella. Do you remember that story? Magic remodels a poor girl to look like a princess, and she falls in love with the prince. But the clock strikes midnight and the magic starts to fade. All the good of that evening dies as the girl runs away."

Where is he going with this? Fingers reached for the smoothness of the wine glass to cover his growing uncertainty and edge.

"Cinderella and I have something in common, Rowan. We're both bound by our short timers. We both rest our happiness on the benign lie of powerful magic. As for you and the prince, you both share that consternation. You with our limit of three meager hours, and the prince with the disappearing dame and her glass slipper. It's a frustrating puzzle, isn't it?"

"But this is where our story diverges from the fairytale. This is where you get the truth without having to chase me out of my hovel. I lied to you, Rowan -- I'm not under house arrest." His gaze sat steady on Rowan, cataloguing the twitch of his mouth or the furrow of his brow.

A genuine concern etched onto Rowan’s face. He knew it wasn’t house arrest.

Stopped, turned soft and silent on heels while shadow spread the picture from perfect pales and black to lurid golds and greens. A lifted hand, a cost sent for and paid, to take up a lion’s mane and mantle over shoulders and found perfect silence.

Elex raised his watch on its glittering chain, where it turned pendulously over pale fingers. "This watch wasn't meant to keep the time. It never will. It counts from 12AM to 3AM -- the same three hours I have for spending time with you." A split drew its stark line down the side of his index finger. Elex pursed his lips for a moment. "You should be putting it together by now, but I'll give you the last clue: 3AM is the devil's hour. It's when ghosts and monsters and demons come to life." The crack furrowed further and a wet rip sounded the skin split. Protruding now from the shriveled remains of his index finger was a black digit and its equally black nail. More splits formed across his other fingers, each tearing into meaty ribbons, yet he kept his hand steady and the pocket watch held high between them. 3AM it read.

Horror. Fascination. Disbelief. Fear. Worry. Rowan wanted this, all of it, to be some bizarre nightmare created by his own imagination.

"Three hours is all I have for playing human." His watch finally lowered, and unfurling skin strips began to smolder. They fell uselessly to ash against the pristine dinner cloth, and that ash whorled away in vaporous smoke. The black reigned its greater claims over his hands. "I spent every hour being human for you."

”For me? Why?” Eyes wide, brows high Rowan shook his head slowly. What do I do?

The clatter of glass hitting the table. Red stained the cream tablecloth. Rowan barely noticed his blunder as muscles seized unwilling to respond to his brain’s command he move. Make some distance. No. Move closer. Give reassurance. Hold him close. Instead, hands grasped the edge of the table as he half pushed away, half held himself in his seat.

"Why," he echoed. "You're asking the wrong question."

The sclera of his left eye collapsed like a wet piece of paper. Wordlessly he picked it out from his lower lid and it smoldered in his hand. His right eye followed suit. Pipes wetly wrenched their way from his back. His clothes dissolved to cinders with his uniform beneath. "But that doesn't matter. This is where we make a new tale, Rowan. One that carries a moral worth learning: that there's always a little more innocence left to lose."

A flash of a dark face in the night, smoke backdropping the same black eyes that stared back at him now. The memory as vivid as the weariness he had felt that night. “You. You were the one from the tea shop. I wish I…”

Walked and listened, she was assured as in his utterances, beneath prey’s pressure, were no names. He bore up Elex’s and Tiberius’ earlier mission. Kill and confirm went the motto of the snipers. The chair back for his midback’s cradle, and keep him steady and away in his flailing from table knives? There was no need to speak, to announce intent, before her hand had Rowan’s scalp and lifted. Through his shoulder blades with her second hand was as good as a grip through his chest, and this way he might arch more prettily.

A well laid plan and surprise made Rowan an easy target. The pain was unbearable. The grip on his hair forgotten to the grasp upon his fragile starseed.

“Cold meat, mutton pies, tell me when your-” Mother. This charade.
“Lover dies. I’ll be there to bury him.”

What was she saying?

Drown and lift them up again anew…. But there was resistance to the pulse of chaos around her hand, his starseed. A resistance that was a lesson already learned once. “Call Axinite, his is a space case.”

His body arched away from the violating hand while supported by fingers twisted in his hair. He didn’t even notice his own screams. The chaotic energy, dark and twisted, attempted to pour into his very soul.

Despite his show of ballet proficiency, nothing of Rowan changed. Black and burgundy painted him staunchly, with no show of Schörl's influence. The watch struck the table as black fingers curled into fists. He watched, focused; his jaw clenched. He tasted the iron of every second that passed through his mouth. Breath quickened. Sightless eyes focused to a point.

His hand struck the table, jostling silverware, painting the ends of his fingers with claret. Faustite rose wordlessly, his gaze lingering too long on a lion clung to shoulders. Whispers of their subspace void echoed back to him with a pen.

He spoke to its starseed tip. "General-King Axinite, we have an unawakened senshi. Please attend at your earliest convenience. Elex Yorke's old residence as listed in the Database. Front door is unlocked. Faustite out." When the pen faded from hand, he began his pace.

What will be our next surprise?

The Space Cauldron
We are ready for you!

Strickenized

Ivynian

Syrie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 pm
For a short time, there was no response. Axinite prided himself on being prompt though, and it was only a moment before the familiar energy signature of a General King rippled into the area. He appeared just outside the entrance but it took him little time to let himself in. When he arrived, he wasn’t alone.

In his arms was Tibs, plucked from the office Axinite had been trying to work in. Company was not always unwelcome, but a Mauvian’s curious nature was a distraction he did not always appreciate, though he didn’t say as much. He understood the importance of their role in the Negaverse and it was for that reason he had brought the Mauvian with him, tonight.

If not, perhaps, to give him something to burn out a little energy on as well.

“Faustite,” he greeted upon entrance, and he nodded to Schorl when he located her. “Schorl. Good evening.”

An unawakened Senshi was all the information he needed, but Axinite was not satisfied with waltzing in, shoving his hand in a chest, and leaving—unless the situation called for it. He could not immediately justify that tonight’s circumstances did, so he set Tibs down and eyed the civilian he supposed was his target. “I appreciate your patience in this matter. Is he all right? You haven’t been too rough on him, have you?”  

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:37 pm
There was much to be said for having a space in the Bossman's office. It was plush digs, located near all the intel action, and it contained the Bossman - who was great to bounce ideas off of when one was bored at four am and no one else was up for the third day in a row.

It also meant that sometimes, when Axinite got The Call, Tiberius got to ride along, which was hella fun. Tiberius sat smugly in the General King's arms, purring, as he recognized those gathered. Oh yes, he was bringing ALL the glory and greatness to his Mistress. Showing up in Style - wasn't that Smokestack's little boyfriend? Was he finally dragging him into the fold? AND he was an unawakened senshi? Cool. Can't wait to have another senshi to boss, it'll be great! I'll give that b***h a nice stick. Bitches love sticks.

Being set down was less than ideal, since it put him at a garbage level for line of sight, but he accepted that Axinite wouldn't want to cart him around and bunted the man's hand appreciatively before sitting his fluffy butt down to observe. "Thanks for the ride." He would have gone over and made rounds with Schörl and Faustite's ankles, but he didn't want to get too close, get in the way or cause some sort of hold up to the impending festivities, so instead he winched his eyes at his General and winked at the half-youma. Oh, he was so pleased - this was even better than laying on Axinite's paperwork! Better than interrupting the General Sovereign with an endless stream of coffee and insomnia fueled technology ideas that he wanted to do -- if only he had hands.

Almost as fun as dumping primo catnip into Faustite's pipes and hotboxing with Bob had been for him and Bob.

The Space Cauldron

Kolina

Strickenized

Ivynian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17 am
“Strays always fight control poles. Animal Control always has the best in mind for them. “ Schörl didn’t turn eyes to look at the General Sovereign who could be felt by arrival alone, and was announced well enough by voice. The concentration was instead paid to safely removing her hand from the space of Rowan’s starseed. Hopefully he would just slump, exhausted, in his chair. If not, she kept on full alert for lunges hither or yon. Rowan was young and foolish enough to try something in front of a Sovereign instead of giving in.

And what is ‘too rough’ in a forced conscription, exactly, Axinite? Does command find conscription distasteful now?

“A double dose of Chaos influx won’t help his trauma, but is necessity to senshi starseeds. We’ll have him right as rain in no time. “

The Space Cauldron

Kolina

Strickenized

Syrie

Ivynian

Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm
Eyes caught sight of a man appearing with a large feline, a Guardian, in his arms. Of course, he didn't pay them more mind than that considering the hand on his starseed was moving.

The pumping of chaos had ended much to his relief and with her hand now removed from his starseed, Rowan did exactly what Schorl had hoped for and slumped downwards in his chair. His chest heaved as he winced through the lingering aches that pulsated. A hand to his chest tipped off the obvious pain he felt. With just a shadow of the pain he was feeling moment before though, he was able to focus on the room around him.

For certain the cat was a Guardian if that star was any indication. The man...someone of influence perhaps? Eyes found Elex...Faustite, as Rowan rolled his head to the side to look in the other direction. It was...difficult to fully put together that Elex and this...half-youma were one and the same, but there was no denying it. The glamour had literally dissolved in front of his eyes. This was no trick. There was no way that they could have imitated the other boy so...perfectly.

The question was, how did this all happen? Was it orchestrated by Elex himself? Did he get caught? Force into this? Or was it his own free will? Is this his fault? Do I blame? Myself?

A passing moment.

Perhaps this is all for the best?

"Elex?" Despite whatever was going on here, whether set-up or not, Rowan sought out reassurance from the black-eyed half-youma.

Strickenized

Ivynian

Syrie

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 am
Concern and suspicion fought for control over his expression. Faustite's gaze drew immediately to the speaking sovereign, however. Are you cracking jokes?

At a time like this? When we're playing with forces that can reduce people to youma with little effort?
His jaw worked, the muscles and tendons in his neck churning a slow dance. His attention snapped then to Schörl, overlooking the mangy feline, and found in her answer as much guidance as he needed. Was she having to defend their actions against a General-Sovereign? Was it better, then, to pull Rowan's starseed and discard him for chaff? Was that Axinite's aim?

Or was it just a joke, a cheap shot made at harrowingly costly circumstances?

And Rowan, ever the pawn, called to him now. Looked to him for answers in a situation where Faustite thought it fairly plain he was no longer in control. He stepped far beyond the breadth of this influence, and Rowan wanted answers. Expected them, perhaps. But this situation would rise again and again with any recruits taken under his command — they would look to him in moments like this. "He's fine," Faustite answered quietly. "No broken bones."

He turned to Rowan, where pleas hung from the boy's lips. Barest fear and confusion lingered in gold, a Piss Christ of imminent tragedy. Faustite wasn't sure what words would work. Was it tasteful to cajole a man before he leapt from a plane without parachute? It was a difference of naievete or outright lies.

So Faustite crossed around the table. He stood with fair distance from Rowan still, his gaze leveraged on the slump of the boy's spine. "It hurts more if you fight it.

"Try and get away if you want. It isn't going to help; power's chosen you, Rowan."

kolina
ivynian
syrie
the space cauldron

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Axinite smiled politely at Schorl. “A necessity, indeed.” To Faustite, he added, “Thank you.”

Understanding the condition of the man before him was pivotal; the more he knew, the safer this was. He didn’t like to walk into a situation without knowing everything he could. Ignorance bred mistakes, and mistakes were something he, and the Negaverse, couldn’t afford.

He crossed the distance between himself and Rowan and looked down at the man. “Please don’t try to get away,” he instructed. “It will only make things harder on yourself. But I assure you, I’ll make this as quick and painless as possible.”

Not that it would matter; pain was pain, and this was no pleasant experience regardless of how willing the participant was. If he was lucky, he wouldn’t remember it.

Axinite reached a hand forward and placed it on Rowan’s chest; it lingered there for a moment before it slid into him. He found the starseed with ease, and just as he began the exchange of Chaos, he paused.

His expression changed immediately and he suddenly seemed more alert.

“You are not an unawakened Senshi.”

Syrie

Kolina

Strickenized

Ivynian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:57 pm

"Try and get away if you want. It isn't going to help; power's chosen you, Rowan."

Rowan was confused. Hadn't Elex just been talking about how he wanted out? Was he putting on a show for posterity's sake? Was he so far....of course he was. Half youma'd what else did the other teen have besides the Negaverse? Was this all some ploy to pull Rowan over to the Negaverse? But why? What did [he have to offer an organization like this?

The next question was though, was it worth fighting against? What was he going to do here by himself? Power up and fight? 3 of them? Not likely.

The new arrival seemed to finally turn his attention on Rowan in whole and the young man felt his slumped spine instantly go rigid at what he knew was coming. No amount of pressing against the back of the chair would save him. Get away. Right. Not sure how I'd manage that at this point. Eyes flitted to both Faustite and Schorl before the man's hand entered into his body.

The pain was as bad as it had been before. Doubly so now that he was already feeling the repercussions from the first attempt. As quickly as he could fill the chaos starting to fill his starseed did he feel it pause for a brief moment as the man commented about his awakened state. Rowan barely had a chance to react, and his expression may not have even conveyed his apology to the other teen in the room, but try he did before the pain returned.

Ivyni2an

Sy2rie

Strick3enized

The Space Cauldron

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:59 pm
Being a cat meant being impatient and demanding. It also meant being perfectly capable of getting up on the table - in Tiberius' case, hopping up using a chair seat first - so that he could look from Axinite to Faustite to Rowan to Mistress and back to the flame haired Dandy with the cushy pile of paperwork he enjoyed shedding on.

"What's the hold up? C'mon, let's get this kid going so I can have myself a new senshi!" And maybe he'd prance in closer because it didn't look like Rowan was going anywhere and might benefit from a gentle busk of whiskers and fluff after all the strain, fear, and pain he'd already gone through and was yet to come.

"Hey, Rowan. I know everything's weird. Talking cat, Smokestack over there. People jamming their hands in your chest and all, but I promise, it's a lot easier if you just cooperate. Plus, when it's over, you get to be one of mine and I'll take good care of you." And wasn't that worth some pain? Tiberius' tail flicked side to side in a manner that suggested Rowan should be grateful, delighted even; the proud plume a banner to the feline's arrogance.

Look how fluffy he was, how soft. See the glory greatness of his puffs, hear the jet-engine rumble of his purr starting up, hypnotic. Distracting.

Soothing.

Kolina

Ivynian

Strickenized

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 pm
'You are not an unawakened Senshi.'

A smile wrinkled his expression before he could stop it. That smile grew into a grin, the grim humor infectious and spreading like a wanton disease. It clutched over his lungs and he barked out a laugh, sharp and disparaging. He turned from the teen, one hand still welded to the table with paralyzing anger, and shielded his mouth. The laugh kept on, however, never once pausing even for Tibby's equally flippant antics.

But how could he not? He and Rowan both dumped endless efforts into deluding each other, into playing a double game of socially acceptable alongside utterly simple. Two Cinderellas dancing about each other, playing to the greatest tune they could. Rowan's bombastic to Elex's downplayed interest. Yet Rowan and Elex each meant as much as a mask worn over the plague doctor's visage. Candied fumes of their own deceptions never once stymied their plaguey natures. They would infect each other. Elex simply spread his pestilence first.

When his laughter died down, he turned to flash Rowan a seawater smile, his mirth drowned down to the deepest parts of his thoughts. His sympathy driftwood brittle, he spared no forgiveness for the preconceived senshi.

He wanted to convince them. Just pull his starseed. But the words stuck in the flotsam of his thoughts, and he looked on to General and Sovereign both for their judgments. Had anything changed? Could he venture another request when standing among these bleak power pinnacles? No.

The infection passed to fever, and his hand fisted in the tablecloth.

I hope it shatters in your hand. Do me that one favor.

Even if his deception makes him candidate for Infiltration.

ivynian
kolina
syrie

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Ivynian

Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 pm
So it was underway. But-

‘Not unawakened’ was an exceedingly interesting, and curious double negative. A senshi already belonging to the white moon, already named, already more aware in undefinable ways than had so far been researched by subterfuge and hacking. Axinite said it from contact with the starseed alone. A matter of feel, of energy spent, and deduction? Or is it within their powers to know on even casual touch not meant to turn? More than curious.

Right then was not the time, however, nor likely any ever, to drill a General Sovereign for information about their skills and powers as granted by Metallia. The conversion gleaned from the circumstance a roulette of benefit and loss- memory loss was always present, but what would be retained? Could the hunt be called for allies that were still remembered at all by the conscript? Not usually, but possible through deduction. The thorough search by Tiberius hadn’t shown any sort of likely leads, allies or teammates under civilian guise. There might not have been anyone in his life, and no constant and attached mauvian, to guide him. Or he could have been an a*****e, and no one cared to associate. No one but Faustite.

Rowan’s old life, his money and his family, was going to wiped clean from him by the will of the universe, whether he remembered it or not. The assets became untouchable and he would start as a fiscal sink until on footing with whatever new identity proved suitable to talents that remained to him. “Ground and tech have turned up no teammates or leads.”

Strickenized

The Space Cauldron

Kolina

Syrie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Axinite grunted a wordless response and, while it could have been directed at anyone in the room, he didn’t give anyone but Rowan his attention. He didn’t push Tibs away, didn’t bat an eye at Faustite, and only just barely managed a nod in response to Schorl. He wasn’t ignoring any of them, but there was a task at hand—and awakened Senshi or otherwise, he was going to complete it.

He gripped Rowan’s starseed with more conviction and mused, “No matter. This will only be a moment.”

Aware and prepared for the task at hand, he resumed pushing a surge of Chaos into the starseed, intent on completing the corruption as quickly as possible. Rowan was no threat, but he would spare what suffering he could. Rowan did not seem unwilling, but when Axinite had arrived, he had already seemed quite subdued.

Axinite would take another ally for the Negaverse, no matter what their past had been. It didn’t matter when he might not remember much of it, anyway.

Syrie
Kolina
Strickenized
Ivynian

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 pm
Eyes slid from Elex to the almost larger than necessary Guardian. At least someone here was speaking kindly, the General sovereign, though seemingly pleasant was not on Rowan’s list of people he liked at the moment. Not with a hand chest deep and wrapped around the teens delicate starseed. A grimace passed over the teens face before his head threw back in pain as Axinite buckled down to the job. Civilian attire was eventually replaced by a white gold and red fuku as Rowan was forced to power up to Alrakis.

Eyes were wide before closing tightly as teeth clenched. Hands white knuckled the arms of the dining room chair as spine arched from the invading presence. What was once white slowly transitioned to dusty grey and grew darker until black seemed to bleed over his fuku like spilt ink on paper. Golden tiara disappeared to reveal the black hole of a corrupt senshi while his fuku hid the hole in his chest. The entire time, Alrakis was completely beside himself with the pain in his chest. The transformation was completely unknown to him nor did he much care besides the pain ending.

What felt like an eternity to Rowan but was only mere minutes the entire ordeal was over. He bodily slumped into the chair once Axinite removed his hand. The piece of furniture the only thing keeping him upright as he sagged against it, breathing heavy and fast. A sheen of sweat covered him from head to toe, his hair becoming damp where wefts brushed or stuck to his face or neck.

His head slowly lolled from side to side as eyes opened to find the room dappled with people and a alarmingly large cat standing and staring with human-like aterness. Brows knit together as a tongue darted out to lick parched lips. Grimacing, he pushed himself into a more upright position. “What’s going on?” He said with a rough voice.

Eyes drifted from one person to the other. They stopped at each one respectively before moving on. He paused a moment when he saw Faustite and lingered only a moment longer before turning to look down at himself in an attempt to assess why hurt so much to find himself dressed in clothes that weren’t anything he had expected. He plucked at the material as it clung to his body before turning his gaze back to the people in the room. “Who are all of you. Why am I here?” His voice held a bit more strength as he demanded answered, despite the raspy quality it still held.

And why can’t I remember why I am here?

The Space Cauldron

Ivynian

Strickenized

Syrie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 pm
Axinite got to and it was white to black, simple as that. Not really, but as far as the Mauvian was concerned things had gone swimmingly! The orange haired dandy had a soft touch with the Chaos conversion - he knew, from experience - and although the newly minted Negasenshi had an almost comically dazed and confused expression on his dorky little face, colour was coming back as pain ebbed.

"Easy there kiddo, you just went through a transformation. It's not easy, but welcome home." Tiberius cocked his head, eyes zeroing in on the bright edge of something that looked familiar sticking out of his new senshi's pocket. "I'm Tiberius, I'm your Mauvian. And these lovely people are your commanding officers. Just. Give me. That--" With as much care as if the corrupt were just furniture himself, the massive feline moved purposefully into his lap, putting his teeth around the end of the henshin rod and launching himself back up onto the table with it, dropping the garishly bright item at his fluffy feet disdainfully. "Yep, just as I thought...outdated garbage. Not fit for my senshi." He should have been introducing not!Alrakis to the General King, to his Mistress, to Faustite...instead, he was completely engrossed in some Mauvian imperative.

Once more Tiberius picked the henshin pen up in his mouth, this time crouching a bit on the table top as though he were going to leap, but then stopped and instead shifted the bulk of his body around a bit before taking the crouched position again. This time the Mauvian wiggled his butt and seemed to bounce a bit, even going so far as to lift his front end slightly - but no.

A grumbling noise came from the Guardian, muffled around the henshin pen, which he then tossed up in a pique of annoyance. The outdated pen disappeared into Mauspace soundlessly as Tiberius drew powerful hind quarters further under him and assumed the position once more. This time he was too bunched and had to stop before he got past the preliminary butt wiggles to reposition.

Further muttering, a bit of turning, then Tiberius was Ready. Finally he felt like all systems were go for take-off. He crouched down, wiggled that massively fluffy fanny of his, then sprung upward, kicking his hind-end over in a feat of acrobatics that shouldn't have worked but did. And at the height of his flip, there was a gleam of magic as a new henshin pen coalesced - bigger, better, stronger, faster! - before clattering to the table at the same time Tiberius made his quiet landing.

"Oof." Whew! That whole flip business really was difficult, wasn't it? Maybe it was the finish on the table, giving him grief? Not that it mattered, the job was done, time to pat himself on the back. Or something.

Plumed tail arced over striped spine in a manner that bespoke pride as Tiberius sat next to the pen and nudged it towards his senshi. "Don't say I never gave you nothin, kid. This baby's souped up from your last one and ready to go."

"After you're cleared for duty."

Kolina

Ivynian

Strickenized

The Space Cauldron

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm
Faustite watched for the suffering — for all the ways the sovereign contorted Rowan's spine like a ventriloquist operating a shameful puppet. Around and around he goes. Where he stops, nobody knows. But the singsong rhymes of Schörl's penchant made ill of an already nauseating situation. So much left unaccounted for, so much blackwashed on a whim that was never truly informed.

The black began to take in a transition more of gradient than ink staining a blank page. Chaos subsumed him wholesale, then, and spat back out the teeth and bones once it finished with the flesh of his fairytale identity. The roles reversed, and now Rowan played the Cinderella to Faustite's too-clever prince. But that tale was long destroyed by a knowledge unshared, by a decision made to put her in that pretty little outfit long before she agreed to the ball. Those glass slippers fit for good, nailed as they were to her dainty feet. Rowan-not-Rowan would dance for the Negaverse now and forever more.

Winked out were his memories, and Tiberius wedged his self-serving, fat-swollen visage into not-Rowan's purview to welcome him in and ply his greasy trade. Faustite looked on with anger that burnt his stayed tongue, checked by Schörl and Axinite and his own own willfulness.

Once he swallowed down enough rage to nauseate himself, Faustite spoke again. "You're here because a boy wanted you to live." It was all he could offer now that they stood so far apart — knowledge and memory each fell through, forming a chasm so vast that one could not hope to recognize the other. Rowan's ghost found solace in a new spirit now, while all the unquantifiable qualities collected up into his picture of the once-Cameron boy withered. But what was there to do for it now? He was ever more Faustite now than before, with Elex Yorke's days numbered to a small count. Could he call it better this way?

"Captain Faustite." He gestured a black hand to himself. "I hope that boy was right about you."

ivynian
the space cauldron
kolina
syrie

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items