Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Student Profiles
Katya Patrovna ~ Accepted (7) Graduated w/NEWTs added

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Name: Katya Patrovna

Basic Information:

Nicknames: “Kitten” or “Kotenok” in Russian, which is what my sister calls me. Cian calls me "Kitty".

Birthday: March 4, 2029

Blood Status: Pureblood

Wand: Ten and a half inches, elm wood with Unicorn hair core

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Face Claim: Kagamine Rin from 'Vocaloids' anime series.

School and Career:

Attended: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

House: Hufflepuff

Year: Alumnus, Class of 2047

Best Lessons:

■ Charms
■ History of Magic
■ Potions

Worst Lessons:
■ Defense Against Dark Arts
■ Herbology
■ Transfigurations

Clubs:
■ Art Club (Captain)
■ Cooking Club
■ Dueling Club

OWL Scores:

Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
DADA ~ A
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ EE
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE

Alchemy ~ EE
Arithmancy ~ O
Art ~ O
Healing ~ EE
Mythology ~ A

NEWT Scores:

Charms ~ EE
DADA ~ EE
Herbology ~ EE
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE

Alchemy ~ EE
Arithmancy ~ EE
Art ~ O
Healing ~ O

Current Employment: Hogwarts Alumnus

Dream Job: I definitely want to be a Potioneer, however, recently I really wanted to try becoming a Healer at St. Mungo's, with a concentration in Potions.

Personality:

■ Shy: I’m not very good about dealing with people I don’t know, or being around large numbers of them. Loud people really put me off, and that’s why bullies think they can take advantage of me.
■ Loyal: Once somebody’s my friend, I stick by them, no matter what.
■ Smart: I’m really good at school, especially math, and I can pick up other languages pretty quickly.
■ Perceptive: I’m also pretty good at figuring out puzzles and spotting things other people might miss.
■ Sensitive: I try really hard to be considerate of other people’s feelings, but that’s because I don’t like being treated poorly too. I’ve been known to cry when my older sister cried, for no other reason than because she was crying.
■ Hardworking: Just because I am smart, though, there’s no excuse to sluff off, and taking shortcuts always seem to cost more than doing it right the first time. I guess some of my sister has rubbed off on me.

■ Bright colours and pretty clothes
■ Helping my mother cook, it’s really fun to make stuff
■ Reading my books
■ Sweets in general, but I really love chocolate
■ My older sister

Dislikes:

■ Bullies
■ Loud arguments and drama
■ Feeling like I have to hide behind my sister
■ Being alone
■ Cauliflower and broccoli, if they’re cooked

Hobbies:
■ Board games: I like playing Wizard chess with my sister
■ Painting and drawing
■ Cooking

Strengths:
■ I’m really book-smart
■ I’m creative

Weaknesses:

■ I wish I were braver
■ I need to be more practical, like Faina is

Fears:

■ Fires (We thought Papa was killed in our house fire, and Momma almost did die in it)
■ Being abandoned

Patronus: A little, bitty, kitty cat
Happy Memory to Summon Patronus: Baking cookies with Baba Patrovna

Languages:

■ English (Native) - Full fluency
■ Russian (always spoken in the house) - Full fluency
■ French (taught in school) – partial fluency: can speak it better than I read and write it
■ German (home-schooled) – partial fluency: read and write only

History:

Childhood: Katya is the younger daughter of Reyna Patrovna and Nigel Harcroft, and she is the sister of Faina.

As she was growing up, Katya had little contact with the rest of their extended families, as her mother’s folk lived in Russia, which was so far away, and her father’s folk, while not so distant in physical terms may as well as been. In all honesty, she wouldn’t have known her own kin beyond her immediate family if they were walking down the street and she saw them. Though her parents were careful not to say anything on the subject of their familial estrangement, Katya figured out much of it had to do with the way her mom and dad got together in the first place, and her sister’s birth.

Going to school, while Katya loved to read and learn about things and faraway places, making friends and painting, she also got picked on by the bigger kids. Part of it was because she was a small, skinny kid, who didn’t fight back, and much of it because she was Faina’s younger sister. Faina was singled out because of her unusual appearance, and Katya was the ‘freak’s sister’. As a result, she often found herself hiding behind her older sister, as Faina took care of her tormentors. In many ways, Faina became her shield against the rest of the world.

When she was six years old, something terrible happened, and she didn’t know anything happened at all until she and her sister were being collected by the Ministry. A fire had swept through their house, and their mother was now in the hospital, and their father was nowhere to be found. Reyna ended up in the long-term care wing at St. Mungo’s, as there was nowhere else to put her, and nobody seemed willing to help out. Of their father’s family, she and her sister heard nothing, a situation Faina told her was ‘no surprise’ and that they’d ‘better get used to surviving on our own’.

Katya’s little world was torn asunder, and she and older sister ended up in foster care. She really became withdrawn and barely spoke at all, and usually in Russian when she did, which really didn’t help her dealing with bullies at school. Shortly before the holidays, she tried making cookies to cheer her sister up, and got in trouble with the lady taking care of them. The woman got so mad with her; she actually smacked Katya’s hand with a wooden spoon, and did so as Faina appeared to find out what was going on. Seeing her baby sister getting hit, Faina got angry, lost control of her magic, and accidentally set the lady on fire.

What happened afterwards was a bit of a blur for Katya, as the adults started scurrying around and bustling them from one place to another, while her sister went all ‘mother bear’ if anyone got near them. At some point, their mother’s cousin, Sergei arrived to take custody of the two girls. Katya had never met or even heard of him, but it was the warm hug he gave the both of them and his Russian accent which gave the girl hope things would get better for them.

As their situation started getting to what she hoped was a new normal, Katya kept careful track of how long her father was gone, all the while hoping and praying he would return and make things all better again. One of the few things they managed to salvage was a slightly fire-damaged picture of their father, which she kept with her, as she was afraid she’d forget what he looked like. She would visit her mother, talk to her and brush out her hair, even if she couldn’t say anything in response. The new normal also included having her sister going to a new school, Hogwarts, while she was left to fend off her detractors alone.

When she turned ten, a bunch of things happened. She started having magical things happen to her. She could make fireflies appear in her room, and on occasion she had a book fly across the room. It was then, Sergei figured it was best to start homeschooling her, wanting to avoid dealing with Obliviators. Her mother finally awakened from the coma she’d been in, she and her sister were formally adopted by the Patrovnas, and got their last name adjusted accordingly, and shortly after summer started she got her own letter…

School Years:

The Sorting Hat: The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Somewhere you'll fit?
Why, dearest, that's what I do
And you'll fit in quite well in

Hufflepuff!

First Year: Wow, where to start? Well, there was the trip to Diagon Alley, and that day was my turn to get ready to go to Hogwarts. I met Vasily, whom was the aunt of Faina's boyf-, I mean, cru-, I mean, friend (yeah, that's it), Lucien Markov, who helped me pick out my wand, and I saw Ferdie and Rhett there too, and we went shopping together. It was really cool the way things worked, because no matter where I might get Sorted there would be somebody there I knew.

The hardest thing was leaving home and saying good-bye to Momma on the platform. After everything, I was so scared I'd never see her again, but she promised she'd be there to get us when we came back for Christmas. Faina promised to look after me, and told Momma if anything to me they'd be digging two graves; not sure what that was all about, but it didn't sound good. Faina can be so gloomy at times. After that, the train ride was fun, and I got to ride in the compartment with Faina and her friends. Seeing the castle for the first time was so incredible, I couldn't believe this was happening until I got inside. The first night there I was Sorted into Hufflepuff, which was a good thing, as I wasn't sure I could handle being in Slytherin with my sister.

My classes went okay, except I know now I really don't like my Herbology teacher (he scares me), and I never want to tryout for Quidditch. It was really cool to join up with the Art Club, and Faina dragged me with her to the Dueling Club. The important thing to me was I was going to a school where I had a place to fit in, and could make friends.

Second Year: Faina and I kinda snuck out and took a trip back to our old hometown. We took a ride on the Knight Bus, and I nearly threw up along the way, and we ended up at our old house. While it was sad seeing what happened to our old home, I was happy to find Momma's recipe box and Papa's jacket, which I wear now. However, we didn't find Momma's jewelry box, which was what Faina was looking for, and we went to see Grandma Harcroft. I've never met her before, and I found out she hated us just because we existed and she and the rest of Papa's family abandoned us after the fire, because they didn't want to subsidize Papa's bad life decisions. We did find out she had the jewelry box, and she turned it over before turning us out into the streets.

We visited a park afterward, and we saw Papa there, and I was so excited I ran over to see him. He looked at me and told me he didn't know who I was, and he had a little boy and a girl with him who were his children. Faina says we've been replaced by them, but I know something else is going on here. Papa would never have abandoned us and left Momma to die in a fire, he just wouldn't. We were going to have another go at finding out what was going on, but we got attacked by these men. Faina protected me, but we both got hurt, and we found out Grandma Harcroft sent these men to hurt us.

When we got home, Momma and Cousin Sergei were so mad at us for what we did, and we got grounded for the rest of the summer. I was so glad when it was time to get back to school, I missed my friends, and my teachers. My classes went okay, and I got through my year without too many issues. At the end of the term, Faina gave me a kitten she'd rescued from her Transfiguration OWL as a gift. She's so tiny and so cute, and now she needs a name. I also need to figure out my electives for next year.

Third Year: This summer wasn't as event-filled like the last one, but we did go back to St. Petersburg. For my birthday, I received an Orthodox cross from Baba Patrovna; its so pretty and I never take it off. While we were there, she also started introducing me around to her friends, and their grandsons. Faina tells me she's testing the waters and seeing if any of them might be interested in me. As in, like, dating and stuff, and while I'm definitely interested in guys, I'm pretty sure I don't want Baba picking out potential husbands for me.

Speaking of dating, when we got back to school, I got asked out by Cian at the Sorting Feast. It was pretty cool, he sent his ferret, Batman, with a note, and, of course I said yes. Of course, I needed to set things up so we could go to Hogsmeade, maybe with Faina and Lucien, but, who cares, I got a boyfriend, and that's pretty nice.

The start of school also meant I had electives, and I started taking Alchemy to help me along with my goal of being a Potioneer when I graduate. I also signed up for the new Cooking Club my housemate started, and conned Faina into joining too. I brought along a box with recipes of Baba's I copied when we were in St. Petersburg, to help Shui get the club off the ground.

Things were going well this term, until Faina and I went home for Christmas. Momma was sick again, which really worried me, but after we decorated the house for the holiday, Faina decided to take another trip to Coventry to get some answers out of our absentee father, since the Aurors hadn't done anything about what happened last year. When we got to the house, we met Amanda, Papa's new wife, whom seems like nice lady, and really felt bad for her when Faina pressed Papa on what happened to us. Shortly after we got there, Momma and Cousin Sergei showed up; I don't know how they knew where to find us, but it was a big surprise for us. When Momma saw Papa again, everyone knew then something bad happened, and the Aurors really needed to be involved.

Momma didn't have the Aurors check out our story about Papa last year because she thought maybe I was mistaken, and didn't want to cause a big mess, but now she knew we were right all along. The Aurors think somebody erased Papa's memories of all of us, which means he couldn't have done the horrible things Faina thought he had. All I know is, we got a bunch of answers to some questions, and we got new family members. Unfortunately, we also got a bunch of trouble too.

Half a dozen men broke into our house shortly after we got home, they tried to murder Faina and Momma, and one of them kidnapped me. I found out Madam Harcroft was responsible for the fire which nearly killed Momma, erased Papa's memories of us, and arranged to have the house attacked. She decided I was worth salvaging, and would have started erasing my memories too, but the Aurors showed up and saved the day. Cousin Sergei was okay, and we found out Momma's cold was turning into pneumonia because of her trip to Coventry. Faina almost died protecting Momma from those horrible men, and I wouldn't leave her side in the hospital until she woke up. Our house was badly damaged because of the fight, so we spent the rest of the holiday at a hotel in London, and Grandma and Grandpa Patrovna spent Christmas and Boxing Day with us.

The rest of the school year wasn't nearly so crazy, for which I was thankful, though I did need to go back to London to testify against Madam Harcroft. I'm really looking forward to summer, just because I want to relax, and put all these bad things in the past.

Fourth Year: It took a while, but things with my family have finally settled down, and I'm glad to say things are getting better. Madam Harcroft, and the men who broke into our house, kidnapped me, and nearly killed the rest of the family, were sent to Azkaban, several of them had lifetime sentences since they used Unforgivable Spells on Momma and Faina, and one of them tried to use a Killing Curse on Sergei. As for Jeeves, nobody seems know what happened to him, and I've had reoccurring dreams where he's stalking me.

This year was kinda sad in that this is Faina's last term at school, and so we've tried to make the most of the time we have together. Of course, we have meals together all the time, but we also got in a few more chess games and did our Art projects together. I was kinda obliged to be in her Dueling Club this year, even though I really don't like doing it. Faina and Momma have told me I'm staying in Defense class all through school, and Faina has asked me to stay with the club as well so I can get in more practice. One nice thing is having Cian to be with, and I met his family over Christmas holiday, which is only fair since he met mine last Christmas.

As summer starts, I'm seeing things starting to change at home. Faina has graduated, and she's started looking to get on at the Ministry. I'm hoping she isn't planning to move away, because I don't know if I'm ready to see my big sister leave. It's another reminder that come next fall I'll be boarding the Hogwarts Express without her.

Fifth Year: I'll admit I was really uneasy about going to school this term, since Faina wouldn't be coming with me, or maybe it was more like I wasn't accompanying her. Many of her old friends would be gone too, so I wouldn't have any of them to keep me company either. I guess a lot of it had to do with how things went when we were younger, and she went to Hogwarts, while I was stuck at our old school. But this time was different, as she pointed out to me: I have a boyfriend, and plenty of friends, and I would be alone only if I really wanted to be, which I didn't. I decided it was time for me to start making my own way, and not be in Faina's shadow any more.

One way this happened was by having my own club to be Captain of. When Lizzy asked me to take the Art Club over, I was absolutely delighted to do it, and I made sure when I opened the doors that it was a really big deal. I even invited Professor Hawthorne to attend if she had the time. I'm also still sticking it out with the Dueling Club, not by my choice, but because I really need the practice. Cooking Club was much more fun, but that was hardly surprising.

Of course, the most important thing to do was prepare for OWLs, and I worked really hard to do well. Though I did the best that I could, I know Momma wasn't particularly thrilled with some of my grades, particularly my DADA grade. With OWLs done, I had a few hard choices to make, and I'm dropping three classes (Astronomy, History of Magic, and Mythology) so I have the time I need to do well on my NEWTs.

Sixth Year:

Seventh Year: This was the last year at school for me, and I was determined to do well in my NEWTs and be ready what would happen next. Over the summer, I visited St, Mungo's because I wanted to see what it might be like to work there, and to find out what classes and the grades I'd need on my NEWTs. I used to not like visiting the hospital when I was younger, but that was because Momma was so sick, and there was no way we could have cared for her ourselves, and now I'm interested in working there as a Healer, but I figured I could concentrate on Potions. Being a Potioneer was still okay, and a nice goal, but I found I liked helping people too.

There were a bunch of things I wanted to do at school, one of them was to do better in my Defense classes, as now I knew I needed an 'EE' on my exams. That meant having to buckle down and study harder, getting help from Madam Cohen, and I arranged to have a tutor. I asked Faina to meet me in Hogsmeade when I had the chance to be off school grounds, and we would work on getting my skills honed for the exams. It meant I wasn't doing more fun things with my friends, but that was okay if I could get the job I wanted later.

There was also the Art Club; this was my last year as the Captain, so I wanted to make my mark there before handing it off. I got permission to hold a club Art Exhibit, and made sure all the members had the chance to show what they could do. It was timed out for right before the Christmas holiday, since I didn't want to have things interfere with exam prep. I wanted to have it in the Great Hall, but had to settle for setting things up in our club room. Hopefully, they'll continue it next year.

The term went fast, partly because I was so busy, but I made time to have fun with my friends and have quality couple-time with Cian. When the NEWTs came, I was so nervous. I studied hard for them, and when it came time to actually take the exams I made sure to do as well as I could on them. I almost blew my DADA exam because I just couldn't deal with the boggart, no matter how hard I tried. Faina told me not to be discouraged; not everyone can stare down their worst fears and laugh them off.

Well, I've graduated from Hogwarts, and while I'm sad I won't see all my friends everyday, I'm excited at all the things that can come my way. Interestingly, I think Cian's planning something big for later this summer ...

Postgraduation:

Relationships:

Family: 'Baba' and 'Papa' Patrovna (maternal grandparents) Reyna Patrovna (mother), Nigel Harcroft (father, memory-wiped), Faina Patrovna (older sister), Sergei Patrovna (maternal cousin), Freddie Harcroft (half-brother), Katie Harcroft (Half-sister)

Friends: Rhett Ye, Ferdie Delacroix, Lucien Markov, Mary Conri-Deschering, Cian Quinlan, Esmerelda Mortemer

Best Friend: Mary Conri-Deschering

Romantic Interest: Cian Quinlan

Enemies: Madam Harcroft and 'Jeeves'

Pets: A small white cat Faina rescued from the Transfiguration OWL when she was just a kitten. I named her Snezhok, because she's just a ball of white fluff, and she has a pink tongue and her eyes cross when she meows.

Update Log: (Signature Access by Crew Only)

Created: January 7th, 2018
Pended By: Weasley 1/12/18
Accepted By: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [05/16/2018]
Updated: April 22, 2018
Updated: October 23, 2018
Updated: January 9, 2019
Updated: April 16, 2019
Updated: July 2, 2019
Updated: October 4, 2019
Updates Accepted By: Weasley 4/23/19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm
Katya's Class Schedule:

Each day is broken up into blocks.

Block 1 runs from 8:00am to 8:45am.
Block 2 runs from 9:00am to 9:45am.
Block 3 runs from 10:00am to 10:45am.
Block 4 runs from 11:00am to 11:45
COMMON HOUR runs from 11:45am to 1:00pm.
Block 5 runs from 1:00pm to 1:45pm.
Block 6 runs from 2:00pm to 2:45pm.
Block 7 runs from 3:00pm to 3:45pm.
Block 8 runs from 11:00pm to 11:45pm.

Meal schedule is:

Breakfast runs from 7:00am to 9:00am.
Lunch runs from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Dinner runs from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.

Monday
Block 1: Herbology-VII
Block 2: Free
Block 3: Free