Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] Life in the Pride (Chapa & Bahati)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:02 pm
User Image

Chapa was watching a few of his fellow pride members go about there day. It was probably a strange sight to anyone who knew him, as normally he would be napping or carving his sticks, but he had a lot to think about. He was getting close to the age when he and his siblings would need to do their first hunt, and while he was sure most of them would succeed, he had to admit privately that... he wasn't so sure about himself. He normally lived a very laid-back lifestyle, preferring to sleep over rough-housing, but he would need to become a Hunter soon.

It left him nervous. He didn't want to embarrass himself or his family, but he'd never been the most fantastic hunter in the world. At least his siblings would all be with him when it happened.

Shaking his head with a sigh, the adolescent rested his head on his paws and watched a lioness go rushing past, likely about to meet up with a group to hunt.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 am
User Image

If there was ever a lioness to express your concerns to when it came to areas of expertise, it was Bahati. Chapa may have only been a teenager but already he was roughly the same height as the very tiny lioness. You see, Bahati had been the runt of the litter and she hadn't been very well received at all by her own family. In fact, she had been so utterly indefensible in regards to how weak and insignificant she was, that they had for the most part left her to die.

It was all very grim.

The results however, had been quite startling.

While Bahati would be the first to admit that her life hadn't been an easy one until she had found her home here, the lioness was living proof that even if you weren't exactly 'talented' at something, you could still get by. Thus, during the Sky Festival she had been one of the most surprising 'victors' to come out of the duels. For years upon years she had participated and it seemed experience had paid off, though on this occasion it looked like she had thrown one of her matches for reasons still unknown.

It was for this reason that the lioness had settled with a contented smile on her lips to mirror Chapa's overall position. She had come to take a seat beside him, though only to watch from a similar vantage point to him. She may not have won outright today, but she'd come damn close to it and she was going to take that as a pat on the back... That being said, his little sigh did give her pause for thought and she did turn her gaze towards him. She may have looked inquisitive, but it was rather clear she really wasn't one to pry.

...Or start the conversation apparently.

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm
It took him longer to notice the black lioness next to him than he would like to admit. In the end, he'd been reaching down to lick nervously at his paw when he finally realized that he wasn't alone. Jumping, the adolescent [stared with wide eyes at his unexpected companion.

It was a lioness, with such a black coat and vivid green eyes that it took him by surprise. (though it really shouldn't have. He and his family were the last people to be surprised by bright, vibrant shades, he mused humorously to himself) For a minute, he thought that she was another adolescent like him, but then realized that her build was... a lot more mature than his sisters'. And actually, he was pretty sure he'd seen this lioness somewhere before.

Chapa seemed to fade out in thought at that point, trying to pinpoint where he had seen her before.... and then it hit him. The Sky Ceremony! Hunter he may not be great at, but oh, even he wished he could have participated. Sadly, he had been just barely too young to enter at the time. Perhaps next year.

... Assuming he could even put up a fight. That brought him back to his previous thoughts. The lion grimaced, before shaking himself back to the present.

Hm, she was quiet. Should he say something? She was staring at him. "Um... Hello."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:35 am
"Hello," she replied with a small smile and made herself comfortable. She was careful to keep adequate distance between them, but she was happy enough to have secured an acknowledgement. She might have participated in the Sky Ceremony, but she certainly wasn't arrogant enough to assume that she could interrupt another's thoughts or conversation without invitation. That being said, this may have been due to her own history and the manner in which she had been raised.

"You looked rather pensive," she explained at last and turned her gaze back to the bustle of activity surrounding the ceremonies, both from new faces to old, who may have pledged their life to their new home...or to each other. "I thought you might like some company while you observed the crowd," she added and motioned to several revelers who seemed more than happy with their own successes and participation in...whatever they may have been doing in such a large gathering.

Nevertheless, it was clear that the lioness wasn't going to pry about what he was pensive over, she was merely here to keep him company until such times as his mood improved, or he felt the need to voice his concerns. Either way, she seemed comfortable and hopefully he'd realize she had no intention of terrorizing him for information (she simply wasn't the sort).

"I'm Bahati by the way," she said after a start, a flicker of guilt on her features. "I always forget that bit is important."

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am
Chapa blinked at her quiet voice, surprised by how soft it was. He hadn't been expecting that. Clearing his throat a bit awkwardly, the orange lion shook his head, "Oh, it's fine. I forget too sometimes." He flicked an ear, "I'm Chapa, and.... thanks." Though he wasn't sure about having company while sitting there thinking to himself. Wasn't that rude?

Though her presence was a gentle one, and he couldn't say that he bothered by it. If anything... maybe it would be nice to bounce ideas off someone.

With a sigh, he looked back out at the crowd, silent for a moment as he considered his thoughts, and then shrugged. "I'm just thinking about the future." How would he phrase this? It seemed silly to worry about what would happen to him, how he could be helpful to his pride, but it was a worry he had nonetheless. He was lazy on the best of days, preferring to take naps and craft with his woodworking, and hunting.... Well, he had never tried it, but he never really won any play fights he had with his siblings.

"Everyone becomes a hunter when they're old enough... but I don't...." He trailed off, ears pulling back in embarrassment at what he was trying to convey.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 am
Bahati seemed comfortable in the silence, and it would come at no surprise to anyone that she was a bit of a quiet creature. Nevertheless, when he did finally find a will to talk, she cast her gaze back towards him and offered a wry smile. If there were ever any sentiments that she could empathise with, it was those ones. To find another who had some of the same difficulties she had was comforting, though she could appreciate that given his background... he might feel a little differently than she had.

"Not everyone is as good at it as they would like though," Bahati pointed out and cleared her throat. "I'm a terrible hunter," she explained and gave her chest a very delicate pat. She would never been known for felling large beasts, and more often than not her clumsiness would cause the majority of their prey to spook at the wrong moment and get away. For all intents and purposes she did not hunt well in a pack, but she had uses elsewhere.

"Well, I'm terrible in a group," she amended and hazarded a wry smile. "I always was, ever since I was little. I was never taught how to do it," she shrugged loosely. "But I discovered I was good at other types of hunting and you might be the same," she pointed out. "For example, I'm really good at catching the little things, the fast things," she shook her head. "There's a different set of skills there, but they don't translate well to big things."

"You might be the same, you'll find your own 'thing' and fall in to it," she sounded unusually confident, which would have been unusual, if he knew her better. "After all it took me until I was way, way, waaaaay into adulthood to find my place... So there's not that much of a rush, you know? You have plenty of time, and everyone will wait for you."

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm
Chapa glanced back at her, surprised by her admission to being a 'terrible hunter'. He didn't think so, having watched the Sky Festival's proceedings from afar, but he didn't say so aloud. Who was he to judge that anyway?

As she continued, the adolescent nodded slowly in response. He had never considered that there would be different kinds of hunting. When he imagined it, it was always this glorious charge with large, muscled felines taking down large prey like it was what they were made for, but now that he thought about it.... they were other prey to hunt too. There was no reason to limit themselves to large beasts.

Humming, Chapa tilted his head up at the sky, "I wonder what I'd be good at then...." He gave a nervous chuckle, "I... mostly like to sleep, and I'm not the fastest lion around."

He groaned after that statement, "It's probably going to take me forever to figure it out."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 am
"Rushing tends to lead to bad decisions," Bahati chuckled at the very teenage manner in which Chapa struggled with his 'destiny'. There was arguably a lot of pressure on the young to make decisions, to decide the course of their life at an early age, but Bahati knew all too well that things didn't always work out how you would like, or as you had planned.

After all, by now she should have fallen in love or at least had children and she hadn't. She was potentially one of the oldest lions in this pride (though a foreigner by their standards), and yet her life hadn't followed the same path that everyone else's had. She'd started off late to say the least and now more than ever she was embracing new opportunities and broadening her horizons in manners she would have never dreamed of before.

...She'd never had the courage before, not out in the rogue lands.

"I wouldn't rush it personally, you'll find inspiration somewhere and once you do, you'll know you can succeed," she advised. "Sometimes slow and steady is the way to go, you might fall into a trap otherwise!"

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am
Chapa considered her words silently, and then nodded thoughtfully with a tentative smile towards her. "I guess you're right. And who knows, maybe I'll find something else that I excel at." He hoped, anyway.

With a sigh, the adolescent considered the hunters and huntresses rushing in front of them for a moment longer. Maybe he was just a late bloomer. He certainly felt like it, especially with so many brothers and sisters overshadowing him. Not that any of his family would ever want to do that to him, which is why he hadn't said anything. Bahati was right in that his family would be nothing but supportive of him.

But that didn't stop him from wanting to make sure he made them proud. Only time would tell if that happened.

He cast a shy glance back at the lioness, "Thank you, for helping me get my thoughts together."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 am
Bahati's smile was warm as he glanced towards her; she'd managed to do something for someone else! Normally it was the other way round, with others shouldering her burdens, lifting her up and dusting her off. It felt nice to be able to pay that forward and hopefully Chapa would find his way eventually. She didn't know where that would be at the moment, but in time she looked forward to seeing where his expertise lay.

Heck, he might every well be competing against her in the very next Festival and she'd be positively delighted if he won!

"It was my pleasure," she replied as she returned her gaze towards the Festivities. She'd leave him to his thoughts, she'd already pried enough and to be entirely honest, it was unlikely she'd be able to help him any further until he'd found the direction he was looking for. Silent company was all that was needed for the time being, and when he was ready to wander he could simply slip away without protest from the black lioness.

...She'd always enjoyed watching the world go by and today was of no exception.

MangoMeow
/Fin?

Epine de Rose

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas