[PRP] Feel the Heat (Leeroi x Hemera) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh, I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody

Leeroi tests Hemera's experimental legs with a little bit of dance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm
Leeroi's office was a messy one. At least, it was an organized mess. Since he had taken on the responsibility of making Hemera's legs, Leeroi had become a bit scattered with his materials and notes. In his mind, he wondered why he should clean up, after all, he had cleared all of his work to carve out time for Hemera. He didn't need to clean up between sessions because, well, she was the only project— and a big one.

Often he'd wheel on his chair back and forth around the room, retrieving pieces from various places, but never getting lost. He always seemed to know where to find exactly what he was looking for, somehow. Still, the appearance of disorganization was apparent, and Leeroi's habit of blasting metal music didn't help, either.

For a large bulk of his process, Hemera didn't have to be in the room as a witness. But Leeroi was appending the new legs now, testing nerve connections and whatnot. He was kind enough to turn down his music, mostly because the two had to be able to hear each other talk.

Satisfied with his tests, Leeroi wheeled over to a button that raised the doctor's chair mechanism that Hemera had been sitting in. He stood from his seat, walking over to offer her a hand in getting up. "Take it slow, alright? I won't laugh unless you fall." Leeroi joked to make the air less awkward, punctuating it with a wink.

Gl!tch~

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:08 pm
Hemera had finally pushed past dwelling on the oddness of her circumstance, though that in and of itself had been better than thinking about her legs and related lack thereof plus embarrassment. But, it was weird. Ending up in Leeroi's hive, staying there as he volunteered to make her legs. While it was technically possible to stay in her own hive, maybe utilize rudimentary prosthetics if absolutely necessary, the back and forth would be a pain.

Pagoni, tenfold so.

When given the option of being stuck with herself, her lusus, or Leeroi, the blueblood quickly became less of someone to be 'stuck with' and more 'acceptably annoying'. Though it never was fair to compare anyone to Pagoni's histronics to begin with (except for Eridia, and the less she considered how scary similar the two were the better)

And even though Leeroi was 'acceptably annoying', that still ignored the fact that he was nice, though loud and immature. He pissed her off, but she could trust him, and he was rather good company when she just let herself relax for once.

That said, she looked so much forward to being able to leave. Not just Leeroi's home (it was very nice, actually), but specifically the ability to go from one place to another, in a way that didn't utilize wheels or being carried. Moving, without any help. On legs that didn't feel...wrong.

Though, being very much involved in the prosthetics' process, Mera was already aware that the result would be somewhat unconventional. But, practical. If it didn't work, well. She'd have to eat away at her savings until she found some nice balance of something outside of standard replacement while keeping her dignity in tact.

Because even though she could easily do standard, very close metal replicas to her old legs, her legs, her legs, were still gone. Yes, she'd still have to have something acceptable for military work, but innovation came with risks.

This is what she had to tell herself as she laid on the couch night after night, listening to distant screaming music and screaming Leeroi, in efforts to not panic and back out on it. God only knew how bad her thinkpan would have been if she had been in her hive for some, most, all of this.

And as she sat there on test night, flinching only the tiniest bit as the chair moved, she still felt a bit nervous about it even though she had all the logic mapped out to support her.

"Taking notes would be more useful, in case it's a matter of balance or weight or synchronicity," she commented with an arched brow. Still, the tealblood took his hand. Slowly, very slowly, she started making progress.

First, articulating joints. Then, actually moving them to create a stable base, and then- deep breath- lift off--

Hemera's grip on his hand tightened a good bit, more out of nerves than anything else. But she was up, though quick to stumble at the realization. And she wanted to keep going (she was up and moving and no one could stop her now!) and that drive overtook everything else, so in perhaps in two steps she stumbled right up into Leeroi. She had been looking down at her legs (!!!) the whole time.

"Oh. Um." Teal spread a little on her face. She looked away, took a step back, and cleared her throat. "First test appears successful... Forwards and backwards."

She did not let go of his hand, however.

It was necessary for balance.

Or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:39 pm
"I let you fall and break my legs, then we waste a lot more time, don't we? Maybe I hire a secretary after all this. You interested, huh?" Leeroi joked, keeping a firm grip on Hemera. She was doing well, then suddenly she jerked forward, falling into him. It was an awkward tangle, with Hemera a decent bit taller than him now, thanks to the new prosthetics.

Laughing the tumble off, Leeroi gave Hemera's hand a slight squeeze. "You did that on purpose," He said, smiling with the same cheesy smirk she had to be all too familiar with, now. It always reared itself when Leeroi was trying to be clever or coy, specifically in an attempt to pester Hemera. Humming a laugh, he looked down, refocusing his attention to the robotics.

"Now this is an entirely new structure, anatomically speaking. Think of it like walking on the balls of your feet, alright?" He kept hold of her hand, but gave her the space she needed to figure things out. His eyes watched intensely— it was always difficult creating legs for clients, but these were so much more complex.

Gl!tch~

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:53 pm
She had to pull herself together after that. Despite trying to push past it, Hemera still had a hard time with embarrassment. But even as she swallowed lingering mortification, she had to smile a little, side-eyeing him. "Is that a guess or a hope, Furore?"

Not that she would be distracted so easily, not entirely. Mera also looked down again. "Yes...I suppose that makes sense. It certainly looks a bit more...on-toes than flat... And it certainly feels it. Otherwise you managed to shrink."

Hemera put a hesitant leg out, barely touching the ground, then back. She started all sorts of tests, like the knee joints and pressure points and making sure nothing was loose. And, as she walked a few more steps while still holding onto Leeroi, checking to feel like she could 'break' these legs in. As if somehow those could be compared to shoes, of all things.

As she did all that, keeping quiet left her feeling a bit too exposed. Instead, Mera filled the voice with more attempts at words. "You said something about a secretary? Mm, sorry, but I already do enough paperwork as a sergeant. Hopefully lieutenant before too long, if only because the alternative of eventually working a tier below you would give you too much satisfaction, I fear..."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:42 pm
"Let's hope you can keep up then," Leeroi purred, voice low. He flashed the tealblood a toothy, perfect smile, eyebrows quirking up. "If you know any better, you'll keep promoting me anyways. I think we both know I'd be a horrible sergeant under you. Like, me? Focus on orders, in front of all this eye candy?" He laughed, gesturing to all of Hemera with the nod of his head.

If breaking in new legs was anything like learning to ride a bike, Hemera should have expected Leeroi to loosen his grasp, or start pulling away once she started getting used to standing. Leeroi did the exact opposite, taking a step closer instead. His gaze flickered quickly between the prosthetics and Hemera's eyes, although equally transfixed with both. Silent, he didn't give Hemera any clue as to what he was up to.

Gl!tch~

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:07 pm
"Well, it certainly sounds like that might be a discipline problem, soldier. If I remember right, they have classes for that." A good a quip as it was, it couldn't stop the teal blush from spreading over her face. No wonder trolls like Elidae fell for him so easily. When he turned on the charm, Leeroi could almost make one forget that he was a bit of a brat. He somehow flourished. Hemera, meanwhile, floundered. She bit her lip. Stupid flirty banter with someone she wanted to that with, who she wanted to tell her she was attractive...it was nice. But also, she couldn't let him see her get so overwhelmed by the attention.

"O-otherwise...I doubt it would ust be a matter of rank. And it...would certainly be a shame if that of all things kept us from being able to work together... I know you certainly wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you couldn't pester me." God, she was flustered. God, she was bad at this.

Mera forced herself to go back to focusing on her legs instead, trying to move some more, but, she found an obstacle she didn't expect. Leeroi wasn't letting her have more space as she tried to hesitantly wander further. She quickly found herself with even less room than before. Mera gave him a look. "Hm. I never took you as one to fuss..."

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 am
Leeroi took note of Hemera's blushing, her flustered speech. His expression melted into smug satisfaction, pleased that he could crack her armor. He took the opportunity to take another slow step towards her, laughing under his breath. Her next comment forced him to look up at her with another beautiful smile, although considerably tinged with deviousness.

"I'm not." Leeroi looked up at Hemera with half-lidded eyes. "You think this is me being fussy?" He held back his laughter, choosing instead to rotate his grip with Hemera's hand into a more dance-appropriate stance, lifting both higher into the air. Anticipating that would distract her, Leeroi placed his free hand on her waist.

"You've made a lot of wrong assumptions about me, Hemera." Leeroi teased, watching her with the same smugness as before. If she listened closely, she could hear music coming faintly from the main room of Leeroi's hive.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:58 pm
She huffed at how clearly prideful Leeroi's features were at the moment. Not that it helped her blush any less. Mera averted her gaze, pouting a little.

"Not exactly. I-" Mera startled a little at Leeroi raising their joined hands. A weird move, but maybe he was just playing around. Leeroi sure did do that a lot. She hestitated a little at the notion, though, as the blueblood's other hand slipped to her waist.

She glanced down this new development. Mera raised her brows at it as she continued. "I...wasn't assuming anything, I just thought that you might possibly be..."

Distant noise bled in from the other room. Hemera tilted her head, definitely distracted now. Did Leeroi actually have music playing in two whole blocks at the same time? Wasn't the music usually limited to only his work station? So...? Why?

And the way Leeroi had them both standing seemed some kind of familiar. Like...a pose, of some kind.

Hemera furrowed her brows at the blueblood, but didn't make any effort to disengage.

"Might be...up to something," she finally said, barely able to hold onto the sentence. Between new legs, the flirting, and whatever in the world was going on, she found herself a little overwhelmed.

"Furore...?" Mera really wanted to know what the hell was going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:30 am
Might be... up to something.

"Correct!" Leeroi flashed an enthusiastic smile, closing in on Hemera and wrapping his arm even tighter around her waist. Lifting up and leaning back, Leeroi lifted the tealblood off of her new legs and spun her towards the door. He kicked it open with the back of his heel and stumbled backwards, finally dropping Hemera down in the main room.

Music was playing, and it was orchestral and certainly way fancier than Leeroi himself preferred. The lights had been dimmed in the lodge, save for the glow of fire in the grand fireplace. Leeroi himself was impressed that what was typically a games den had been transformed into an adequately romantic scene. He'd have to thank his lusus for that, later.

The blueblood had to catch his breath before speaking up again. "They're heavy," he said, looking at the new legs. He tried to get them to a similar weight as Hemera had before, but that was bound to be off a bit when using metals. Still, it shouldn't have been too heavy to make him lose his breath. Perhaps he was just used to carrying Hemera without her legs, light enough to pick up like a stuffed toy.

Clearing his throat and his thoughts, Leeroi looked back up at Hemera's face, returning his hands to the previous dancing position. "I thought this would be a better way to test," he joked, starting to sway side-to side with the music.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:25 pm
By this point, Mera had gotten somewhat used to being carried by the blueblood whether she liked it or not, but only when she couldn't stand on her own. Maybe at the principle at the thing, maybe out of surprise, or perhaps both, she cried out, "Furore!" as he hefted and spun. She clung for dear life in the whirlwind going on around her, new legs folding in at the knee joint.

Then, almost as quick as Leeroi picked her up, he slid her back down onto her feet. As she was left to balance herself, Hemera vaguely felt the joints absorb the shock of the landing. But only distantly. Even the best craftsmanship would fail to replicate nerves.

She started to look down and contemplate that fact, but between the unexpected sounds, the lighting, all of those distractions, her head turned to look at the changes in scenery. Music she could recognize, her music, with a fire going. And the way the lights glowed instead of blasted... Hemera stood there, marvelling at the set up. When had all this happened?

So enraptured, Mera could barely pay much attention to Leeroi's momentary exhaustion. Her thinkpan created only a feeble response, which went with the tide as her thoughts kept returning to the sight at hand.

She only looked back at Leeroi upon his touch, his pull of her limbs to pose. Even then, she was still somewhat stunnd. Slowly, she fell in step with him. She looked down at their feet, at him with her brows furrowed, and after that kept looking away at the scene around them.

This was... This was...

Unexpected.

"I...I don't know what to say."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 pm
Leeroi's excitement, his childish playfulness, his natural bravado, all dwindled quickly with Hemera's quiet reaction. He didn't know what he should have expected. An explosive reaction of excitement? An eruption of laughter? A smile? All were normal reactions to him. Silence was deafening, confusing, difficult. It was all wrong, wasn't it? Maybe too much? Maybe he had misremembered that one conversation on the train.

Head down, he tried to continue to dance, taking small, conservative steps. When Hemera voiced her lack of words, he stopped. He extended a silence of his own for a short moment, as long as he could bear it. Eventually, he turned his eyes back to Hemera, confusion apparent on his face.

"Say that you like it," Leeroi said, trying to mask any sadness in his voice by punctuating his words with a quiet laugh.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 pm
He stopped. They stopped. Like a record scratch. Enough to tear Hemera's attention back to the blueblood. His face and his voice... Although he laughed, like always, he seemed...hurt? That didn't seem right.

She just...she just needed a moment to process everything. Leeroi Furore made her new legs and apparently planned a dance to go with it. And her reaction apparently really, really mattered to him.

No one ever did things like that, not for her. And the last person she expected it from was Leeroi, after his inability to take hints and his ingrained self-centeredness.

Absolutely floored, she wasn't even thinking as she leaned in and kissed him.

Upon pulling back, teal blooming on her face, she mumbled, "I think I do."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:17 pm
His tension, his fears melted away with that kiss. He leaned in readily, almost too eagerly, eyes fluttering closed in sheer joy. His grip tightened around Hemera’s waist and hand, a reflexive gesture.

When she pulled away, it was too soon. Leeroi covered his nerves by laughing again, though this one was considerably more genuine, and sounded a lot dumber.

“Good. That’s good.” He said, nodding. He started to dance again, slowly at first, then picking up in speed. He let the silence take over again, but this time it didn’t feel so painful. Romantic, perhaps? It felt nice to get swept up in the moment, and let the music take over for the dead air.

He had a hard time focusing on the real task at hand. Sometimes he would watch Hemera’s feet to check functionality and stability, but as soon as his gaze flickered back up to her eyes he’d find himself distracted. He’d linger like that until remembering his task again, then he’d laugh to himself and redirect his focus.

With a smirk, he dragged his hand slowly up the side of Hemera’s leg and let it linger at the edge, where skin met prosthetic. “Do you feel that?” He asked, leaning in. He waited, the look on his face so smug it was as if he was begging to be hit. Suddenly it vanished and he pulled back, returning his hands to their normal positions.

“You should have touch receptors active at key locations on your prosthetics. Your tech is more basic than I’d prefer, but because of your powers I had to factor in temperature as a larger issue. But you should be able to feel, however primitive.” Leeroi explained fast and matter-of-factly, then glanced up at Hemera as if expecting questions. A twitch in the corner of his lips, the threat of a smirk, was the only thing that indicated that he was indeed messing with her.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 pm
Her pumpbiscuit swelled at the stupid laugh. Leeroi Furore was a brute, with a history of insensitivity, and was absolutely frustrating, but...well, sometimes he was really cute. Like right now. Those momentary lulls between him inevitably being utterly impossible? She loved those.

And, of course, it was only momentary.

Upon Leeroi moving his hand, she gasped, a whisper of a sound. At the unfamiliarity of anyone touching her leg, at the weird disconnect where her nerves ended and metal began, at his utter audacity. Hemera blushed even further.

Not to say that the following tech talk wasn't nice; speaking in long-winded jargon was the kind of level she liked being on. Too bad Leeroi gave away that he was still goading her on. So that's how it was. She exhaled through her nose.

Mera kept her expression level, as much as she could anyway. She only quirked a brow at him. "Feeling... What a new and unusual concept."

The tealblood calmly reclaimed her hands in the next few moments. Though it did leave her a little shakey. She rolled her palms over Leeroi's shoulders, as she reached forward, then clasped her hands together around the back of his neck. She did not break eye contact the whole time.

Hemera tilted her head. "And what do you feel, Leeroi?"

Your move, Furore.

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas