Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm
Iso 1
Isolder eased himself into the ocean water, he could practically feel the salt rub on his skin. He was doing this for his daughter, no need to break down into the irrational fear of the unknown of the sea. He took a deep breath. He needed to teach her to swim he did ..but the sea was a little cold this early ew.

He shook his head girded his loins and dove under the water. It would take him forever to dry his hair he thought as he squinted around beneath the waves, looking for possible threats before he taught his only daughter how to swim.

He rose and shook the long escaped tendrils of silver hair out of his face, but they clung to him like tentacles so he brushed them over physically.

"The coast looks clear Ninaeleth, you may come out." He waded closer so that he would be there when it was too deep for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm
Nin 1

Nin delicately stepped out into the water with her father, the ocean welcomed her home with a big wet hug. This was where she belonged, in the sea. And her father was being so kind to teach her to swim here. It didn't look like he particularly liked ocean water.

This made sense to her as he was a native of Jauhar. "Daddy will you take me to Jauhar one day?" She asked as she jumped to him in the water, letting him support her as she swam. Or at least made the swimming motions.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm
Iso 2

"Of course I will take you to Jauhar, you know you have four uncles out there somewhere, there are many of us. Unfortunately no aunts, Grandmum only had boys that survived, though I did have a twin sister. I wish she had lived, I bet she would have been a lot like you."

He had been thinking about adding to their family. He had been listening to the traders come through for news of children that needed homes. He wondered if there would be enough room in Nin's heart to share her father with someone else.

"Kick, kick, kick and paddle with your hands! There you go, your technically swimming!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 pm
Nin 2

"Uncles? What are their names?" It was kinda cool to have Uncles, she thought.

Swimming didn't seem so hard, she could feel her Dad's hands barely supporting her, then suddenly they were gone but he stayed close, she could feel his presence. "Look I'm swimming, I'm swimming!" She cheered before he picked her out of the water to her immense amusement.

Her giggles rang out over the water mixing with the calls of the gulls. She felt so free!

"Daddy I did it!"  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm
Iso post 3

"I had no doubt my dear, I'm so proud of you!" He held her high. She loved the water and he couldn't blame her the beach was the place to be. There was always something to do; crabs to chase, shells to find, octopi to catch.

Speaking of octopi. "What to catch some octopus for dinner?" He could supervise her, teach her to hold her breath and dive all that good stuff. That and he had gotten an octopus addiction after living here.

"I also want to ask you something."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm
Nin post 3

"Ohhh Octopus! They are fun to catch?" From the look on his face they were indeed. She rubbed her hands together, "Lets go!"

Ask her something? "Ask me what?" She asked curious now, wanting to burrow into his chest. Not every Dad would teach you how to swim and catch octopus in the same day!

She leaned back to eye him, tilting her head curiously.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:57 pm
Iso 4

"Weeeell I was wondering if you might like to help me choose someone to add to our family, I'm so happy having you in my life I thought maybe we could have some others join it. I have asked the courriers to send me news of children in orphanages all over Tendaji just in case there is someone out there who would fit in with our family."

At his very core, Iso wanted a big family, to be the rock for people who had no family. He knew what loosing one's family felt like and he was grateful for the brothers he had found.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm
Nin 4

A small part of her wondered why she wasn't enough but she saw the earnestness in his eyes and knew if she wanted him to herself, all she had to do was say so. He was giving her a choice, and why should she crush another orphans dreams of a family. She had always wanted a brother, maybe a sister or two. Why not?

"Well I suppose that would be okay, have the courriers reported any back?" she asked as Isolder waded them through the water looking for likely octopus rocks.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 pm
Iso 5

"There have been a few replies yes. Some of them are not quite what I'm looking for, but what I'm looking for is not that easy to explain either." The youngling had to be sturdy enough to put up with having only a father figure but not too closed off so they couldn't integrate into a family.

"I found one from the latest batch of notes that seems likely. It's a girl in Zena, so shes used to the cold. I don't know much about her orphanage, but I think it might be a good idea to go and check it out."

One could only tell if they went and checked it out, that was how he knew with Nin. Therefore he saw a roadtrip in their future when she was a little bigger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Nin 5

"Zena." She said, trying to work it through in her mind. She sincerely hoped that her Father would not want to move somewhere where it was cold. It rarely got cold in Matori and she liked it that way. But would someone born in Zena feel the same way? Likely not.

"What do you know about her, what is her name?" She was curious abot the courrier portion of this, whoever her father had hired must go to the orphanages and at least ask after the children there.

She might get a new sister out of this. So details were important.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:59 pm
Iso 6

"Well the notes I recieved from the courier say that she is an adventurous spirit that is hard to keep down, she has some energy and likes to pop up in unexpected places. It also says that she can be temperamental when provoked and can be sneaky with her comebacks. But she is helpful to the staff and for the most part keeps a level head in day to day affairs. Her name it says here is Ristadis."

It also noted that her family were lost due to illness, which made him wince internally. The father had succumbed first while the mother barely held on long enough to give birth. Miraculously the child survived the ordeal and avoided the illness. A true miracle in the cold of Zena, but Ninael didn't need to know that quite yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:11 pm
Nin 6

"Well that could go any number of ways, but I do know that is it very hard to relax and show your true self in an orphanage where there is always so much competition for absolutely everything." She liked the adventurous side, maybe the girl would like to see more things than just the ocean that her older sister was obsessed with. It was good that she was able to fight for herself, Nin respected that. She had been more quiet and closed in when she had been in the orphanage trying to protect her inner self and her memories from others who sought to destroy or harm them.

"I think the popping up in unexpected places part is kinda cute don't you?"  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 pm
Iso 7

"I feel like maybe she will get us out there and meeting new people with her adventurous spirit, I know meeting new people is a good thing. She is also a fighter which is good to have around someone to stick up for us and provoke us into standing up for ourselves too." And by we he meant mostly Nin who was as level headed and deep thinking as they came but could be a little bit reclusive still around crowds or strangers.

Unless those strangers had cool critters then it was just a free for all.

"I wonder which places she would find in the house to hide in."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm
Nin 7

"I don't know most likely the pantry I'm thinking, and where we hang the laundry..the laundry basket perhaps." It was kind of fun trying to get in the mind of a person she had never met who lived far away in an orphanage. Perhaps that was why her father seemed to like adoption so much, the new and the exciting and of course the opportunity to help someone out in the most significant way possible.

"Father why did you adopt me?" She asked wondering.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm
Iso 8

"Well Nin I was lonely, and having no luck at all in the permanant romance department, and I figured I owed it to the women in my family to put some effort into making a family for myself and if I couldn't have them naturally and there would be no luck with Aisha either than I should find another way. That other way turned out to be adopting and I am so very glad I did. It feels like I was always meant to be a father but fate kept pushing me away from it one way or another. So I made a promise to myself that if I had the chance now to reproduce conventionally I wouldn't so that I could put all of my effort and resources into you and your future siblings. You after all are a youngling who is missing parents, and I in a way am an adult who is missing children."  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff