[Sauti] Frostbitten Amazon [V'demhe/Eira] - FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:09 pm
Her time spent on the snowy mountains was longer than she expected and in truth a lot longer than she was comfortable with. The cold was just not for her. Had it not been for her son having family up there then she likely wouldn't have gone to the place. Now she was in warmer climates, though still not what she had grown used to in the past years, and at a nice Inn. She opened the door and before entering she tapped her boots to get any clinging dirt and dust off of them.

V'demhe squinted for a moment before remembering that she had a hood on the shield her from the glaring light of the sun. With one hand and a quick motion it was pulled down and her antennae bounced up when they were no longer confined. That was better. Pulling the fabric down it was clear that her hood had been a makeshift one from a scarf that she wore at her neck. A new accessory that she'd picked up, on top of the fur coat she still wore. "Don't suppose I could get a water, could I?" She spoke just loud enough to be heard by the person near the counter. Dem honestly wasn't sure how easy it was to get clean water around the area so it was best to ask before she fully ordered.

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 pm
Heras Box

Eira looked up as the bell over the door set to chiming, alerting the woman that someone was coming inside. Giving a smile she said in a friendly manner, "Welcome to my inn!" She gave quick look around and upon finding that Gyuri was out at the moment she took charge of the usual things that came with people entering the inn and said, "If you can hand over any weapons you have so I can keep them behind the bar until you leave I would appreciate it."

"Once the weapons are handed over I can get you a mug of water. It was purified and cooled just recently so it's in its best state." She said, waiting with her hands out held so that she could take any weapons that the woman might have. It was quite interesting to see an Alkidike at her place. The last time a lot of them had been in Sauti was a very trying time, wasn't it? Things had been far more peaceful since so she wasn't all that worried about this one causing trouble.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Orpheus Solon

She was walking toward the counter but paused when the woman there clearly expected her to hand over her weapons. V'demhe looked down at her swords for a moment then looked back at the woman. "I would prefer to keep them on me since they have value beyond fighting." The tall alk didn't think she would make a scene over it if it was insisted upon but she would still much rather keep her blades where they were. Plus there were daggers and other pointy objects on her as well that she'd have to dig out and that would just take far too long.

"If you are concerned that I might become violent I can assure you that I won't." Dem hoped that would be enough to give her some freedom to keep what she had. "I truly would like a drink of water if you have it though." She almost asked for a fire to sit by as well but since she was clearly rebelling against the weapon policy she didn't think she'd get much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:43 pm
Heras Box

"Inn rules. As a way to make everyone feel comfortable and to avoid any potential fights that involve said weapons they aren't allowed on the premesis." Eira explained, keeping her best smile on her face. She didn't want to show any sort of annoyance since she was used to this sort of things. There were always those that protested at first but tended to come around, here was hoping that this woman was the same because she'd feel bad if she had to ask her to leave.

Walking over to where the water barrel was located behind the bar she picked up a mug in one hand and a ladel in the other, filling the cup up, "I am not assuming one way or the other that a person is or isn't violent. Weapons have never been allowed, it's just how things have always been. I hate to have to do this but it's either following the rules or you can enjoy your water on the porch in front of the inn."

Holding the water out to her she waited to see what the Alkidike woman would chose to do.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:56 pm
Orpheus Solon

Inn rules. V'demhe sighed and looked down at her blades once again. The value in them was sentimental. Aisha only knew when the last time she took them off was. Dem even slept with the things. The alkidike couldn't see handing them over to someone simply to have a cup of water and have who knows what happen to the blades. They could get scratched, dented, stolen... Still, she understood the rule perfectly. Not that she could see this small woman doing much to enforce said rule.

Deciding that she did want the water but didn't want to hand her precious blades over she turned on heel and went back to the door. With it open once again she looked out, first left then right, and whistled. It was a shrill sound but one that her little bunch of brats knew well. V'demhe looked back at the woman with a smile. "Just a second miss." A moment later her beasts appeared one by one in front of the door. Radaku first, as always, then the Keldari as it slithered up followed by the bugs and finally the Janarim with a perzi curled up on it's back. "Ascale.. here." The woman moved out the door and took her blades from her waist only to put them in safe keeping with her beast. On her way back in she managed to pat each of the beasts at least once and made a clicking with her tongue as she nudged her head to get them to go away from the door.

Once that was finished she paused just inside the doorway and looked at the woman again. "Will that do?" Dem didn't want to sound sassy but at least she'd done as asked... sort of.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:28 am
Heras Box

Eira watched the Alkidike woman as she got to her feet, heading for the door, and found herself starring. So she was really going to leave? Well, it was no bother for Eira but it was still a surprise. She supposed that some people were just more stubborn then others when it came to following simple requests. She set the mug of water down on the counter then moved around the bar, certain that her temporary visitor was on her way. Something that cleared up though a moment later as the other woman said to wait 'just a second'.

Turning to look over at the woman she called out and summoned forth a bunch of beasts. It had Eira's golden eyes going a little wide before she took a few steps forward, "They're not allowed inside." She said upon seeing the various beasts, "Save for the inn's guardian beast and my brother's seeing eye dog things bigger then ones forearm have to stay outside or in the stables if you're staying over night." Much to her relief it seemed the woman was just handing her swords over to one of the beasts, not actually calling them in.

As the other asked if that would do she starred for a long moment opening her mouth, then after a moment closed it again. No, no need for that thought she thought to herself. After counting to ten in her head she said, "So long as they stay outside its fine."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm
Orpheus Solon

Dem looked back over her shoulder for a second before giving her attention back to the woman. "They are well trained and know not to enter buildings." Unless it was her home back in Matori.

"May I have the water now or am I still required to sit outside?" V'demhe had to wonder if it was because of what she was rather than he weaponry. She didn't care either way, though she certainly wouldn't recommend the place to anyone if the woman were rude. The alkidike moved toward Eira and stopped right in front of her so that she could bend down and collect a dagger from her boot. Dem handed it over, handle first so the woman didn't hurt herself, then retrieved another from behind her so that it too could be placed in Eira's hands. "I have other sharp objects but they aren't actual weapons. Did you want those as well?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:41 pm
Heras Box

"Good to hear. I know some people let their pets walk all over them and get into everything. I can't have that here when it's gets so crowded in the evenings." The only reason Branko was allowed in was because he stayed behind the bar sleeping during the night and was an added level of security just having him around. Well, that and he'd be a huge bother if he was left outside scratching at the doors she thought to herself.

At the question about the water she made a motion with her hand toward where it sat at the bar, "It's all yours. Let me know if I can get you anything else. We have stew on." She walked over to stand behind the bar again, taking the dagger that was offered to her, and set it on the shelves that were set up behind the bar, "This tends to be where the weapons go future reference. Hm? What sorts of sharp objects are they?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm
Orpheus Solon

Seeing that the weapons went behind the bar still didn't change her mind about her blades. They were safer with Ascale, if only because the beast would think someone trying to steal them wanted to play and end up sitting on them. "That is fine for those weapons but my blades were a gift from my daughter and made by a friend of mine. You can see why I was reluctant." V'demhe explained.

Taking the mug of water she brought it to her lips and took a large gulp before lifting her brows and looking at Eira. "Well, I have an ice pick since I just came from Zena. I bought a hairpin for my daughter and it's rather sharp. And pointy." The alk looked down at her fur coat and mulled over what all she had in her pockets. "Oh yes, a sharpened bone with some carvings in it that I got for my son." There was something else she was sure. Looking back at the ice woman she half smirked and took another drink of her water.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm
Heras Box

This was why she found it so difficult to deal with women she thought to herself, rest her hand on her hip as the other woman set to describing the various sharp things that she had on her. All of them were dangerous but not really seen as weapons. Still, she didn't much care for the fact that the woman seemed to be purposefully messing with her. She gave a sigh before she said, "I'd say it should be alright so long as you keep those put away. If you draw even one of them on someone else I will have to ask my bouncer to toss you out."

Motioning with a hand to the room she said, "This place is meant to be a safe place where everyone can relax and have fun, to drink and rest, and not worry about all the butting of heads that's going outside. It's nothing I want to deal with after having to deal with one of the many wars that have happened in Tendaji so I've made a safe space for any and every tribe. As such there has to be rules."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm
Orpheus Solon

V'demhe stilled for a second as she held the mug to her lips and listened to what it was the woman said. Finally she finished the last bit of water there was in cup then set it down. "I'm a race that most of Tendaji is not fond of. Being asked to hand over my weapons is not something I like to do." Worst part was that now that the Dretch had made an appearance she was getting hateful looks and being asked if she was of a relation to them. Only in certain territories, but it still grew tiresome.

"It would be nice if your bouncer kept his hands to himself. I don't believe I shall wield my pointy things any time soon. Though if they would like to drink with me they can." No point in denying said bouncer a drink if they wanted one. Even if it was just water.

After another pause she slowly leaned her head to one side. "Did you mention stew earlier?" If so then she might just ask for some since something warm in her belly would help get the chill out of her bones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:30 pm
Heras Box

"He will. He isn't really one who wants to toss people out. He's just the sort that does so when the need arises, people getting drunk and trying to get into fist fights for instance, or people that don't want to follow the rules. Otherwise he's just the sort that waits in the background until he's needed." She glanced around for a moment then back again. Gyuri was out at the moment as it was but would likely be back soon, something she'd be glad for if the woman before her decided to lash out. Something she was hoping wouldn't happen.

Giving a nod at the question she said, "Yes, it's made of capramel meat that is brought in fresh by some hunters I know as well as various vegetables that my son has been growing in a garden outside." She picked up a bowl from behind the bar and walked over to the fireplace where a caldron was bubbling away. She dished up the stew and returned with it, offering it to her guest.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am
Orpheus Solon

She had to admit that it was funny that the woman would mention not following the rules since she hadn't. Not really. Dem had refused to hand over her blades but she had given up her daggers. "Well the only drink I'll be having is water. Surprisingly I was more thirsty in the snow than I have ever been in the sand." Explain how that worked.

With the stew being scooped up for her she smiled. "Oh, you are my favorite Iceling right now." V'demhe nodded her head at Eira then set to eating the stew. Rather than scarf it down like she wanted she actually savored the flavor and let the warmth of it heat her up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 am
Heras Box

"The snows of Zena can be quite deceptive on many fronts." Eira agreed, knowing full well the dangers that they presented to even the most prepared hunters. If the locals could find danger out in the snow then she could only imagine a visitor having to deal with it. Leaning against the bar she set to petting the big snaptrotter sleeping behind it with one barefoot, something that had his tail swishing a bit on the end.

Giving her best smile as the other woman declared that Eira was her 'favorite iceling' she said, "I get that a lot." Not just because of the food that she was able to offer but for many reasons. It was a compliment that she was only too happy to soak in. The more compliments the better if you asked Eira. After a moment she asked, "So, do you plan to spend the night or are you just here for a meal? If you pay for a room then meals are on the house. Otherwise there is a small charge for the food. The water is free, though there is a tip jar for that since it was magically purified by someone that lives in the inn. The jar is a way to say thanks." She motioned to where said claw jar was sitting, cover off, on the end of the bar.

"We are half way between towns here so if you're still wanting to cover more ground there are at least two village near by-ish. One in Sauti, one in Tale, depends a bit on where you're going."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Orpheus Solon

As she was asked about her plans for the night she paused mid bite to think about it. Did she want to stay the night? Not particularly. Especially if she could not have her weapons with her. So the tall woman shook her head. "Mm, no thank you. I shall sleep under the stars with my beats and weapons." Dem didn't mind paying for the meal nor was she opposed to tipping for the water. After another couple of bites she cleared her throat and lifted her mug. "May I get more water?" If the water was free then she wanted to get as much as she could while she could. Heck she might even ask if she could fill her water skin before she left.

"You're close to Tale you say?" If that were true then she was in just the right spot. Zena wasn't too far off and Tale was half a town over. It was perfect for the time being. "How well does your bouncer know Sauti?" Since she was in the area she wanted to know a bit more and if the bouncer was well traveled through it then she might be able to find a few places to go shopping for her daughter.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff