Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Holiday-R] Snow Birds (Jessie/Rhian)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 pm
Quote:
The power’s out! On a cold day like today this is the absolute last thing you needed. But, despite how beautiful that ice on the wires is, it does not make for a friendly day filled with warmth and electronics! But, there should be trucks coming out soon to fix the issues, how do you cope with the slowly creeping chill? Are you the type to snuggle up with someone you care about and huddle down to keep warm? Or are you the type to get the heck out until it’s warm enough to once more inhabit your dwelling?

The power had cut shortly after Rhian arrived, but Jessie wasn't too phased. She knew enough to survive powerless, and besides, the snow was nice and thick outside, so there was plenty still to do inside and out, and she still had enough to use her fireplace to heat up cocoa, carrying a mug to Rhian overfull of Marshmallows.

When Rhian had begged to come for Christmas, Jessie was astounded to hear her baby sister's voice once again -- the girl had entered foster care as a baby because of theiur father's PTSD. Too dangerous, they claimed, for the younger girls. Not so her, evidently, and she was nurtured into a hardened b***h. But Rhian had a foster home... Had being the key word -- until their murder. Aniother mystery in Destiny City, and one Jessie wrote off. Magtic or not, Rhian would say so if it was... She assumed. So, she assumed it was a raw business deal, and welcomed her sister into her home, working on pulling from her savings to pay her last semester at Crystal. Today, though?

Today was Rhian's first day moved in, and Jessie sauntered over, handing her sister the mug of cocoa.

"Here yougo, sis. All for you, fresh 'n' hot."

Redbud-Tree
Rhian is very loved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 pm
Rhian didn't know her sister very well - or at all, really. She'd been taken away too young to recall much of her birth family, young enough (and lucky enough) to be adopted before she had more than faint memories of being shuffled around between homes. And if her adoptive family hadn't been close to her, well.. that was just because she hadn't been born to them. Because they couldn't have babies of their own, and she'd understood that.

After all, they had chosen her, hadn't they? They had to love - had to have loved - her. So losing them had hurt, as had being alone on Christmas. Fortunately, it hadn't been a closed adoption, and she had names. Names, and a trust fund, and the paperwork in process for emancipation (not that it would be needed soon, since she was turning eighteen in May). So... so she couldn't do anything about the hurt, or the sad, or the desperate loneliness losing them (losing any chance to be a family with them), but she could do something about the alone, and she'd found her sister.

She'd found her sister, and all but begged to spend the holidays with her. It wasn't that Rhian wanted to bother her - absolutely not! - but... she couldn't bear being alone. And Jessie had welcomed her. Was still welcoming her. It... it was nice.

She accepted the cocoa with a small, tight smile, and wiggled deeper into her warm coat. It was just their luck that the power would go out practically the first full day they had to try and get to know each other and be sisters again. "Thanks," she said quietly, but didn't risk sipping it just yet - she didn't want a burned tongue! "Um... for the cocoa. And for letting me stay for a little while..."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 pm
Redbud-Tree

"Hey, you're family, legal paperwork bullshit or not. I'mnot letting you be alone." Jessie crooned, pouring herself a mug of cocoa before adding a couple marshmallows, sitting by her before reaching, plunking an afghan around her before leaning, humming as she sipped the molten chocolate beverage slowly.

"Oh, I covered your tuition till the end of school, but erm." And then she coughed. "I can't afford boarding so... Would... Youlike to live with me a while? I knew you just met me, but... Well, damnit, sis, I don't want you alone out there. I dunno what hurt you, but I wanna help take care of you now that I can. Is that - is that okay?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:48 am
Rhian blinked, trying to run through what she'd just been offered and not quite managing to process it. "Not... board?" But she had been boarding at Crystal since... well, since she'd started going there. Spending her last semester as a 'day girl' would be strange. Strange, but... not necessarily bad. Not if it meant having someone there when she left the school - somebody who cared what she was doing...

She swallowed and had to set the hot cocoa down on the nearest available surface as tears rose into her eyes and her shoulders began to shake. "You'd - you'd want me around? Even - even though I'm - " she bit down on the word 'crazy', not wanting to say it, not wanting to think it.

"You... you mean it?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 am
Redbud-Tree

Ah, that look. Someone had insulted her, and Jessie pulled Rhian into her lap, hugging her to her tightly.

"Rhian, of course. I love you. Mom's never stopped missing you. Hell, in his way Dad misses you too." Jessie hugged her tighter, but avoided crushing, instead nuzzling the younger girl lovingly.

"And there's nothing wrong with you. So what if you get called mean things?" Jessie winked, entyirely unaware her sister had a shared name insult.

"I mean, I used to be called a crazy foir fighting. I'm a Saint Mahgs grad, yasnno. And you know what else? I'm crazy. I accept being nutters. Iyt's more fun. You, well you're a sweet little butterfly and I want to get to know my little sister, and if you'd have me, so help me I will. You can meet my truck rookie, we can do... Girly stuff. Heck, maybe you can help me be more girly! And I'll help you in swchool, I promise. I mean, if you want a nutjob for a sister..."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 am
For a long time, Rhian was quiet and complacent in her sister's embrace, simply leaning against the older woman and accepting the comfort that was offered to her. She hadn't been held like this in a long time, and besides, her sister was warm, and despite warm drinks and blankets, the power being out meant that it was cold in here. When she finally did dare to speak, it was in a very soft voice.

"...If I move in with you," she said, the words forming slowly. "Would you let me plant sunflowers by the door? So they could keep any invading zombies away?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:57 pm
Redbud-Tree

...Okay so maybe similar names to her. Jessie pondered, then motioned.

"You'd have to plant them outside. Sunflowers like sunlight." Jessie explained. "But once they've worked, when the seeds come in we can keep some and I can look up how to cook others!" Jessie nodded. "So they don't die without offering protection from toasted s3eeds. Besides, I should plant outside anyhow. My bushes are boring."

It was a roundabout affirmative she could plant sunflowers, though! Jessie just didn't think she could tell her sister Zombies weren't real.

Probably.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:09 pm
"Well of course I wouldn't plant them inside Rhian said, pursing her lips and grabbing her cocoa to sip at now that it was at a less-scorching temperature. "They can't guard the door from zombies if they can't see them!" It was just common sense, really - and that her sister hadn't mocked her or said no was... nice. And kind of strange, because even Coffinite hadn't quite taken her at her word about the things she believed.

... thinking about Coffinite hurt, and she shifted a little closer to her sister with a sigh. "... when do you think the power will come back?" She asked, trying to put the unhappy thoughts aside and think of nicer things for now. "Maybe we should go out somewhere to wait for it, once we've finished the cocoa?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:02 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I was thinking we could have a snowball fight in the yard in a bit?" Jessie offered, and continued to hug, rocking her. "Also means finding good flower spots."

Jessie winked, before sprinkling a couple marshmallows more into Rhian's cocoa. "Maybe pick up some fireplace treats too. I'm not sure whem power will be back, but we can have fun!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:16 pm
"I don't think I've ever had a snowball fight before," Rhian said, blinking. "But I guess I could try, if you want to?" It certainly sounded nice, getting to do something so... normal, and with family! She raised an eyebrow at Jessie adding marshmallows to her cocoa, but smiled. "... you should give yourself some extra, too. It'll be nicer that way."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:32 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I'mnot as big on sugar, butterfly butt." Jessie beeped Rhian's nose idly, before winking as she took a hearty swig of her cocoa.

"You're my baby sister, so let me make up for all that missed time being a big sister for now. And once you finish, I'll take you out, and teach you proper snow warfare."

Yes, this was a plan -- and it rocked.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm
"If you say so," Rhian said, and gulped down a mouthful of cocoa and marshmallows, savoring the sweetness as she sighed and settled down. "And - Jessie? Thank you. I, um... I know it's probably kind of weird having me here, since we... didn't really get to be sisters much before. But... maybe... maybe that'll get better now?" She hoped it would, anyway - though... she needed to talk to Miss Elpis again, and learn more about changing sides.

Because if she did... would she lose the family she had only just regained?

Well, that was a sobering thought, but it was one for later. For now... cocoa, and then snow warfare - the only kind of warfare Rhian wanted to think about right now. "... I'm gonna win, you know," she announced calmly, and smiled at her sister. "Even if I lose.. I'll win!"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers