[PRP] Progressing (Tiel & Lifa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:11 am
User Image

The brown cheetah gave a low huff as she fought to untangle the bunched up fur along her chest. She normally didn't have to worry about such things - the benefit of her short cheetah fur - but her chest fur... It was longer than the rest. Not long enough for her to have thought that it could tangle, but apparently she was wrong. It was a stubborn knot too, she mused grumpily. It probably didn't help that she was unused to having to groom her fur like this.

Finally, Tiel let out a resigned sigh, and raised her head away from it. It was no use. She would have to hope that it would come undone with time.

Instead, she turned her gaze to her new home, which was a strange thought. Her new home. It brought a soft smile to her face thinking about it. Yes, she was happy to have come here. It certainly felt like she was meant to be here. They still needed to bring Doma back to it's former glory, but she knew that they were on their way to doing so. Already, the land was flourishing, and with it, the pride would too.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am
MangoMeow

Lifa stretched, and walked for the only area others seemed to be in, stretching. Working to clean was tedious, but restoring land was important, and she could swear she occasionally saw others on the borders being, well, nosey. Nosey was good! And Lifa yawned, padding towards the gathering space before nodding to Tiel, flopping out at her side with a fwump before glancng up.

Unlike Tiel, Lifa was reasonably touseled, and not even trying, and she blinked.

"You okay?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:05 pm
Tiel gave a soft smile at Lifa's approach. "Oh, I'm fine." She shot a baleful look down at the clump of fur on her chest, "Just some grooming troubles."

Then, turning her thoughts away from that, she looked back at the area around her. "Things seem to be shaping up around here. Pretty soon, we'll have others clamoring to come here," she said with a chuckle.

The cheetah paused then to glance back over at the lioness, observing her. "You seem tired though. Have you been getting enough sleep?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 pm
MangoMeow

"Grooming issues happen." Lifa nodded, then sighed. "I'm sleeping alright. Simply working. Cleaning, patrolling. I've sighted rogues, so I'm trying to work out how to re-estab,lish the border and lure others in. Willingly, of course.": The lioness sighed, shaking her head.

"Simply a lot of work to do, thank you for asking. And you?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:39 pm
Tiel flicked her tail, nodding at Lifa's words with a hum. "Well, you're certainly doing a good job, I think. You should catch some rest when you can though." She perked up, "Is there anything I can do to help? Perhaps take over some more patrolling or cleaning?"

She smiled, "And I'm doing well." The cheetah took a glance around her, nodding in satisfaction. "Settling in fine, I think. This is certainly a beautiful place. I'm looking forward to seeing it flourish with other pride members."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:15 pm
MangoMeow

"Actually, help with Patrols would be great." Lifa grinned. "I've been catching signs of others snooping, and I think I smelled an oldbie out there. Besides, most of the cleaning is done, so we should be looking to welcome others in."

She hummed, sighing.

"Lord Kaien would and did, and....More paws mean soon someone can seek knowledge of Lord Hien's location, or if he lives. If he lives, he must be found. If not... I have a journey to make."

At that, Lifa sighed.

"Because the Royal House needs to gain a new blessing from the gods of a litter."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:39 am
Tiel nodded, casting a quick lick at the knotted fur at her chest, "Then I would be happy to help!" She paused, "If you'd like, I can track some of those who have been snooping. Perhaps speaking with someone living here would help sway their decision."

The cheetah paused at Lifa's next words. She was very determined to find Lord Hien, and Tiel wished that she could ease her mind at least a bit. Unfortunately, despite being a former rogue and having met quite a number of people, she had no idea what Hien looked or smelled like. For all she knew, she could have run across him before and never known. This also meant that even if she went off in search of him, she didn't know what to look for. They would need someone who knew him personally.

In the meantime though... they couldn't rely solely on that. Lifa would likely need to take charge, at least for the time being.

"What sort of journey is it?" she said, tilting her head to the side curiously.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm
MangoMeow

"Only a true King or Queen of Doma may reign as such. The King and Queen... Are descended from a mortal and a god - the mortal being a member of the royal house, and a god. I am adopted by Lord Kaien, the last King. If Hien is dead or doesn't return, I have to find a god to birth a king or queen." Lifa sighed, seeming to droop, just a bit.

"But I'll put it off as long as I need to. I didn't find Gosetsu's bones, so hjis retainer left which means he left. Unless he's in another pride, he's alive. He's descended from a god, and thus is rightful king. I'm... Filler really." Lifa giggled, then sighed.

"Hien was the only cub to survive his litter. When I was small I ran away to find help for my brothers and sister. Lord Kaien took me in and we grew together. I lewft right before he assumed his adult name, or I could claim one. But now I have. And I will do all I can for my peple."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm
Ah, well.... That did complicate things. The cheetah frowned, looking away for a moment. She wasn't sure how she felt about Lifa calling herself filler. To be honest, she seemed like a great leader to her, and Usahtiel felt more loyalty towards her than to anything she had come across thus far. But Doma needed a rightful King or Queen, and if they needed to be the offspring of a mortal and a god.....

Yes, that indeed complicated things.

It was a heavy burden to bear. She did not envy Lifa that. But perhaps she could ease at least some of it.

"Well, I cannot leave to track Lord Hien down, though I would be happy to help where I can." She tilted her head, "Should you find that you must go on this journey, I would be honored to accompany you." She chuckled, "Two heads are better than one, after all."

NovaCracker
Ack, sorry for how long it took to respond to this!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:59 am
MangoMeow
-Bows- SORRY I TOOK SO LONG. First move, then slow to get myself back in full. SORRY SORRY.

Lifa thought on it carefully, expression thoughtful. It meant two eyes watching for a god-- or her brother by choice, and she motioned a paw, smiling.

"I'd like that. If I took it, it would help. I won't give up on Hien -- he is my brother, and our rightful king. But I know he'd want me to put Doma first as well. Thank you, Tiel. It means a lot." The lioness smiled, and leaned, nuzzling the retainer gratefully. She really was such a true friend, and Lifa felt gifted knowing her.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 pm
Tiel smiled at the nuzzle, happily returning it with a purr. She hoped that she could help Lifa with these things, and that life would get a little bit easier for her. Hopefully they would find Hien, and if not.... well, she would help her try to track down a god. Which was easier said than done, but it would be worth a shot.

With a hum, Tiel leaned back and glanced around them. "Let's do something less stressful to think about. I think you could use a break." The cheetah stood up, "What do you say to finding something to eat?"

NovaCracker
Lol, apparently we’ve both been slow lately. XD We’re probably coming up to a point where we can end this one, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:26 pm
MangoMeow
Sounds good!... oh no if Gosetsu ended up in-pride I'm shipping him and Tiel WTF brain. -CRY-

"I'd like that." Lifa confirmed. She did appreciate Tiel's help -- the cheetah reminded her so of Sh--Hien;s own retainer Gosetsu, and the lioness hummed, motioning.

"How about after that I tell you some more pride stories?" THEN she grinned. "And share dirt on Hien~"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces