Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm
SkieBorne

User Image

Vosin was bored. Things had settled down quite a bit after the hatching and following feast. Everything felt blah. Which for the active rider was never how she wanted to feel. Vos prowled restlessly around her weyr. Her restlessness was enough to wake her dragon.

You are restless Vosin. The dragon turned her head so her eye was at the door and she could watch her rider pacing. Killakeeth felt the wordless burst of emotions. She lifted herself from her wallow, then let us go stretch our legs and do something fun. There is gamboling in Nabol. The gold hinted to her rider. She loved the thrill of gambling. Particularly when it made the sharpsters nervous to gamble directly with her.

Vos laughed as she grabbed her riding jacket. "You're a naughty gold!" It only took a moment to harness her willing partner in crime. "Nabol it is." The pair took to the air and a short hop between brought them out above a hold in Nabol. As they circled, Vosin leaned over to look down. She frowned at what she saw. The place look worst than before. There didn't seem to be many gamblers out either. Doesn't look like there's any here right now. Guess it's time for plan B. Remember that cave we found when we were here last time?

Already she was looking for it. She had wanted to explore it then, but had gotten talked out of it. Vosin couldn't remember why just at the moment, but there was no one to do so now. It only took a short time searching to find it. Killakeeth landed and rumbled softly that there was nothing for her to do for the cave was much too small for her bulk to fit. Vos patted her dragon's nose and smiled. "It won't be long and then we'll go find someplace to gamble eh?"

With that she ducked into the opening. Killakeeth curled up to wait.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some few hours later, Killakeeth lifted her head. Her eyes whirling orange and yellow. How did you manage to get lost? In the dark tunnel, she sighed and shrugged. I dunno! If I did, I wouldn't be lost. Well this was embarrassing. Having to be rescued if Killakeeth could find anyone to rescue her. Adventure wasn't nearly as fun when one had to be rescued.

To any nearby dragons, I need a rider to go into some caves to fetch my rider out, Killakeeth broadcasted to the local dragon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:05 pm
It had been a long day of labour for Ameliah as she worked the mines of Nabol alongside many of the indentured, the sold, the enslaved. She never felt herself above the dirty, weary souls, rather she felt at home – she spoke the same language as these people, even if their love of the craft differed.

A particularly strong vein of firestone had been found, running thick and deep into the ground, possibly winding its way toward the Hold proper, and exploratory shafts had been dug to size up the discovery. In pursuit of this, they'd found some interesting limestone caves, thick with stalagmites and stalactites, the calcified, lumpy towers of rock oddly organic in form. Large crystals had grown in clusters in a few places and had caught the attention of the more materially-inclined denizens of Nabol.

Ameliah had found some excellent component compounds in those caves and spent some time exploring them. Thus, when she felt Sharath perk and the dragon's mind brush hers like a tap on the shoulder, the miner paused in her review of the new vein's reports.

Mine... a rider has become lost in the mines... The wry amusement in Sharath's voice was unmistakable and she relayed Killakeeth's announcement. A queen, I think... we saw them at Western's Hatching.

The miner sighed and shook her head, unable to help the smug grin that found its way to her lips. Sharath's sense of superiority was difficult to rebuff in circumstances like this... as both dragon and rider believed one hundred percent in the caliber of their work. Who's managed to wander that far into the mines? Ameliah's mental laugh was meant with a bemused mental shrug of Sharath, Tell them to describe the location and I guess I'll go find them...

Must you...? A queenrider so stupid as to allow herself to get lost seems... silly to rob them of the opportunity for person growth, doesn't it? The mental shove made her snort and she lifted her head as she stretched her wings lazily, yawning as she turned her attention to Killakeeth. Sharath could often be found working with the miners or perched atop whatever hill of rubble would hold her bulk, as if she were hoarding treasure. Her tone was smug as she responded, Mine will find yours... what does it look like? If there is a junction, find it and wait – I presume Yours at least remembered a spare light?
magnadearel

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm
SkieBorne

Vosin peered back and forth in the nearly dark cave. "I should have brought glows," she muttered to herself. Except she hadn't been expecting to go cave diving today. She sighed and debated staying put to wait for help, or continuing to try to find her own way out.

Stay put, or find a junction. But it's better if you stay put. You could fall down a hole, she told her rider icily. This was not her idea of fun having to ask for help from another. The smug tone of the other annoyed her. Tell me what it looks like so I can direct the other rider to you. Oh, uh there's a small crack in the ceiling above me that's letting in a tiny bit of light here, but I can't really see beyond that. Vosin listened for any sounds as she tried to peer into the dark. There might be water running nearby.

Killakeeth turned her attention to Sharath and relayed the description, adding no, because we were suppose to be gambling. She hoped Vosin made up for this later. Killakeeth relayed her position at the entrance of where Vosin had gone in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 pm
Sharath sighed as Killakeeth confirmed her suspicions, passing along the information. Ameliah sighed as well, what rider would run headlong into the dark underearth and not carry a light? Even if it was impromptu! She'd have to give a safety lecture... the mines were dangerous if you weren't careful, even to those who worked the tunnels.

Tell her to stay put, she's near the surface if nothing else – a small crack letting enough light in to see by is fairly high in the mine. Which entrance did she use? Ameliah's poured over her mental map as Sharath indicated the appropriate entrance, How long has she been in the mine system?

Sharath's eyes whirled with amusement at the other gold's indignation, And I would say you still found yourself gambling... and the house won. Do you often find yourselves unprepared?

I'm going to try a few different places... tell her to keep an eye out for a green flame – I've added some salts to my lantern. Indeed, Ameliah had added a few pinched of compound that made her lantern's light glow an eerie green as she walked.
magnadearel

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm
SkieBorne
Sorry is her name Amelia or Ameliah? XD

You are to remain where you are. Find a cold boulder and sit on it. Vosin harrumphed to herself and sat indignantly on a rocky outcropping. At least she had a little light to see by. With luck there wouldn't be any tunnel snakes down here either. She sighed, all she had wanted was something fun. This was no longer fun, and Killakeeth had encouraged her. Well for most of it.

Killakeeth rumbled, this wasn't the gambling I intended we do. Her eyes whirled with irritation. The gold had to pause and consider long and hard before she could answer. Usually Ves takes care of stuff like this. The twins usually made quite a good team. It was when they acted independently that things like this happened.

Vosin, keep a look out for a green flame. The dragon told her rider primly. Why a flame would be green instead of the usual colors Killakeeth didn't know. Back to Sharath, perhaps about an hour. Dutifully, the red headed woman looked up and down the tunnel, no green flames.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm
Sharath rumbled with amusement, her sense of superiority stoked at Killakeeth's answer. But of course that was the case... how could she suspect otherwise? So very unfortunate, really, to rely so heavily upon another to solve one's problems. The haughtiness rolled through her bond to Ameliah and the miner merely sighed – at least Sharath was in a good mood when dealing with another gold and was keeping those comments to herself. It was a learning period, perhaps, since they had approached High Reaches and that conversation had happened. Sharath could not – would not – fundamentally change but she was making strides towards more productive channelling of such energy.

She says Hers has been below for a candlemark or so, Ameliahmine. Sharath dutifully relayed before speaking to her fellow gold, Do you often come to gamble? Where do you play?

Ameliah hurried through the tunnels, mentally following a map as she passed by other workers, occasionally asking if they'd seen a misplaced rider – she'd be too clean to walk among them unnoticed. Nobody had yet... and that helped her narrow down the choices. It was a good half hour before Ameliah located the correct tunnel and her light threw the sickly green glow across the stones some distance from Vosin.

Her voice echoed as she called out periodically, “Hello!?” She rather hoped Tunnelsnakes hadn't converged on their position... occasionally the creatures would turn up in the mines. Fighting the creatures had become second nature to the miner as she listened carefully for any calls back or the telltale scraping of hide against rock.

magnadearel
Sorry, it's Ameliah - it was originally Amelia but I was asked to change it slightly for this setting! Sometimes I forget the h. x3;

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
magnadearel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:32 am
SkieBorne
Lol, no worries. I was seeing both and wanted to be sure I got the correct one.
1-2 a tunnelsnake appears?!

Killakeeth shifted her bulk and sighed. She liked her impulsive and fun rider. They had many good times together, but she could admit sometimes they got carried away. The dragon wasn't going to change that though. She liked fun times. Often enough. Oh here and there. Where the games are good.

It didn't take long for her to become quickly bored. There was simply nothing to do, and Vosin was use to doing stuff. Usually if she got bored she could get up and move around. Not so here, she had to stay in place to make herself easier to find. And her a** was getting cold! Vosin stood up slowly and stretched. She eyed the walls around her. It looked like a normal cave to her, nothing mining here. She heard a faint noise in the distance, but didn't see anything. It was enough to keep her on the alert and on her feet.

It wasn't much longer and she heard the echos of a voice coming from deeper down the tunnel. "Are you looking for a rider?" Vosin called back. There, she could see green now. Killakeeth, I think I see green flames. She was fascinated. The flames were actually green. Killakeeth duly relayed, Vosin has spotted what she says is green flame.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 pm
Sharath rumbled, Mine is not terribly inclined to games of chance... the broader clientele of Nabol wear down her patience. It was said with pride, as though Sharath believed her rider above such petty things and such criminality as Nabol encouraged.

The echoing voice back drew a 'finally!' from Ameliah as she hurried forth, grinning as she held her green flame aloft, “I am! Are you the rider of the gold up above? Vosin? You really shouldn't be wandering into places like this alone, it's dangerous. Especially for someone of your rank.”

She panted a little as she ran up, covered in grime from head to toe, the green flame lantern throwing crazy shadows all around them, “What possessed you to go spelunking?” She paused a moment as she looked Vosin over, trying to decide if this was truly a ranking individual or a rogue queenrider like herself...

Sharath's eyes whirled excited colours as the riders finally connected and she laid back down, content. Mine has found Yours. She will be safe now, there is no better person to guide her out.

magnadearel

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 pm
SkieBorne
I'm sorry I forgot to reply!

That's too bad, the gold replied to Sharath. I like games of chance. Plus it gives variety from what I normally see. The dragon waited patiently for her rider to be returned to her. Please thank yours for me. I do like my rider.

"Much to my chagrin," Vosin replied with a grin as a woman came up out of the dark. "Aw, I know. It was just suppose to be a bit of an adventure. I didn't know it'd turn into this much of one." She gave a shrug, "I'm a searchrider." So what if she rode a gold? Vosin wasn't one to sit on puffy pillows every day in the safety of the weyr. She liked to get out.

"And what about you?" How did this woman rational her own rank? Green eyes regarded the woman, wondering if she really rode a dragon. She was dirty enough to have been born down here. "The gambling tables looked sparce today. I didn't intend to get lost." She gave a sigh. If her twin had been here, she wouldn't have gotten lost. Vesin was always better at that sorta stuff. Oh well.

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games