Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:28 pm
Lounging was not one of the things that Ty'bar even knew how to do, if someone would have told him he would someday be sitting on a beach leaning against a dragon he would have called them a liar. His upbeat and hyper personality had never allowed him to do anything but break his own back to do anything and everything that others needed or wished of him. Sometimes it had been a mistake, sometimes it had been a choice he made for himself to keep things moving and dark thoughts at bay.

However, when his beautiful green requested quiet time he was forced to listen, Asilaeth rarely ever made such demands. If he ignored the wish what kind of monster would he be? To allow his own anxieties to overshadow the one being who's hearts beat in time with his own single one would be criminal and... deep down in a place of utter exhaustion and blackness a light had lit for the ocean.

Water was one of the reasons he had chosen Western, the beach had caught Ty'bar's attention many years ago and held it. If Asilaeth enjoyed it as well she only let him know on days such as this, when she was finally tired enough to request a moment, just one for the two of them alone and still.

Stretching his back and shoulders out, the rider crossed his arms behind his head and looked up at the clouds floating lazily across the horizon with a certain respect. Never considering that one should do anything other than fly their fastest at all times he could wonder at the lazy trails the puffy things made above him. He had touched them once, mostly damp and cooler than he had expected.

Memories came washing over him momentarily and he closed his rose eyes to shut off anything that might become over stimulation. Senses were odd, when you lost one the others became more predominant and he was still learning to deal with his sudden hyper-aware observation skills. One day he would be able to use them to burn Thread away once more. That one day was not this one though and the rider released a sigh full of anxiety and relief.

Tilting her head to one side, his dainty dragon looked up the beach and swirled her eyes a cool blue as she focused.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Hattaki

Today her chore had been assigned to helping a rider injured in the fight against thread. She had spent quite a bit of time trying to track him down. Everywhere she thought to look, he wasn't there. When she asked those around, they always suggested a place but when she got there he wasn't there either. Finally someone had directed her toward the beach.

As she walked along the sands with Chaek flitting happily overhead, Rinis gave a sigh as she spotted the object of her chore. The rider and green were lounging on the sand. Not that she could blame them if they were recovering. She mopped her sweaty forehead and stopped to catch her breath before she finally approached.

Rinis gave a short bow of respect to the rider. "Hello. I'm the candidate assigned to you today. Is there anything you need? Does Asilaeth need a scrubbing and oiling?"  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:08 pm
Opening his eyes to the form of a young woman, that seemed to be sweating in the heat of the midday or was it for some other reason? Ty'bar let a grin cross over his face as Asilaeth relayed her words, it seemed that she knew who he was though he was unfortunate enough not to know her or even her name. Had he seen her down on the sands during the Hatching, or was the memory false?

She was there, it's your eyes as you age that prove to be false, she is quite tall after all.

Sparing his dragon no moment of worry, though he did let himself chuckle at the comment she leveled at his expense, Ty'bar rose from where he was sitting and dusted himself off to look at the taller girl. She was fairly young but she seemed to be set upon helping him for some odd reason or another.

"You'll have to forgive me, I don't know your name even though you know my little green's. I'm certain I've seen you somewhere before but I can't place it in my memory." he offered out one large calloused hand to her and kept an eye on her face, mostly her mouth, for her response. He couldn't be sure that his dragon would always translate for him if he missed something, though recently she had been more forthcoming when he did miss things.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:38 pm
Hattaki

"Oh," she flushed for not introducing herself first. "Sorry, my name is Rinis. You've probably seen me around the candidates doing chores." She gave a shrug, one candidate was much like any other one. They were all waiting for their dragon to hatch or not. It didn't surprise or bother her this rider didn't know her.

"I only know your name because the candidatemaster gave them to me today when he assigned me to help you. He can't say, go help this green or that blue, without telling me names." She grinned amused at the trouble it would cause if he had. Rinis took his hand for a quick shake.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 pm
"Usually yes, but I do think I remember seeing you at the Touching. It's a pleasure to meet you Rinis, I'm Ty'bar. But you knew that." His wink was friendly enough as he shook her hand but he was still a bit confused. "Asilaeth doesn't actually need much help, usually I can handle whatever she needs on my own, though there have been a couple of baths she wasn't overly keen on taking."

Leveling a look at his green dragon who had been rather fussy right after Vimiath's mating flight and got him quite a bit wetter than herself at that next bath, he started to laugh at the memory. She had fought him into a wrestling match with her that had ended with both of them soaked and oiled.

"Usually I don't need too much help, it's only my ears that ever give me a problem. Can't hear much out of them anymore." Ty'bar tapped the edge of one of his ears and pulled his scarred up face into a look that could only be called sheepish. "But if you'd like to ask Asilaeth and myself any questions about dragons or what it's like to be a rider then you're welcome to stay and relax. Little green needed a break for the day."

Certainly he could answer questions but he had nothing for a Candidate to do to help him when his dragon wanted to relax in the sunlight by the ocean.

Though I would think that master A'ral had covered many things I can answer whatever you wish.

Monotone as always, the green dragon tilted her head towards Rinis with eyes swirling a bright blue to try and reassure her that she wasn't as emotionless or temperamental as she appeared. She still made no attempts to move though, stretched out on the warm sand where she wanted to be it would take quite some convincing to get her up.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 pm
Hattaki
I thought I'd replied to this. DX

"Yes I was there," she nodded. "A pleasure Ty'bar. I'm happy to be of any assistance you require." The candidate was slightly disappointed when he said there wasn't much for her to do. The easiest or the hardest job ever. Rinis thought about it for a little bit. "Well if she's missed some baths, then I can certainly give her a good bath and oiling for you. After that I can keep you company." She figured it must be hard on him, with nothing to do all day as he recovered.

She was surprised to hear that his hearing wasn't great. She'd been talking to him just fine it seemed. Rinis blinked when he offered to answer questions. Well could a candidate really know too much? Slowly she settled herself nearby so as not to intrude into their personal space. What should she ask? She'd been here long enough to know all the theories and stuff.

"Thank you both. Asilaeth, what made you pick Ty'bar?" What made any dragon pick that particular rider? That was the ultimate question of every candidate wasn't it? How to get a dragon to pick you.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:19 pm
Pondering the statement of help and company for a long moment before letting it wash past him, Ty'bar waved a hand to his little green, "You'll have to convince her it's worth having a bath unfortunately. Trust me, you only want to wrestle with a dragon... once."

Settling himself down onto the sand once more and leaning back against his small green the man smiled in encouragement but was not at all expecting such a question so quickly. Both of his eyebrows lifted up towards the bush of his unruly hair in surprise at such a question and glanced over towards Asilaeth in question, curious question. She had never answered that question for him, though he had only asked her once when she was a hatchling and it wasn't as if she had all the words back then. Even if she had come out of the shell sassy and monotone.

As for the little green dragon, she was unfazed by the nature of the question in general and took a moment to debate what answer might please her best. In her time on Pern she had come to understand that not all dragons searched for the same thing when looking for their bonded. What had drawn her to Ty'bar might not have been what drew another to Rinis. Leveling her words directly at her, purposefully leaving her rider out of it, Asilaeth wrapped a wing around him.

Each dragon could be different, most hatchlings look for different things depending on what they want or what match their personality most. For myself, I was looking for someone much livelier and even though he wasn't very lively on the sands Ty'bar matches that perfectly. I've seen Candidates try and change who they are to make an Impression, in reality it's just who they are deep down that calls to the hearts of their perfect dragon.

Silence drew out as Ty'bar watched Asilaeth look at Rinis and he knew, somewhere deep down inside himself, that she was telling her the reason why she chose him. If it wasn't for her actually being sweet and answering such a question he might have said something, in fact it was killing him not to. Instead he let a smile cross his face and filed away that he would have to ask for that particular answer himself.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 am
Hattaki

A dragon who didn't like baths or oiling? Rinis had never heard of one doing that before. "Why doesn't she like baths or oiling?" Her brown Chaek loved bath time and adored being oiled. She knew if she didn't, he got patchy skin. Rinis had heard enough of the lessons about dragons to know they got patchy skins too. So why didn't she like it?

She grinned at the green, "I can have Chaek help with your bath. He's very good about getting the really itchy parts. It'll sooth your hide and make you even more gorgeous. Besides, I'm suppose to be helping your rider. You don't want me to get in trouble do you?"

The candidate mulled over the direct answer. It wasn't really a black and white answer, but neither was the world in truth. "Thank you for answering Asilaeth. I will remember to always be myself." It was good advice, the first she'd really gotten, and she could see the wisdom behind it. Rinis felt there was much more there that she needed to mull over once she was alone and could think about it.

She turned her attention back to the rider, who was hidden behind a wing. "Well if bathing doesn't work, I could clean your quarters?" Rinis had never heard of a bachelor, Ty'bar was a bachelor right?, who could keep his rooms clean. At least she could say she'd done something for them.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm
"It isn't that she hates them, more that Asilaeth won't let you give her one unless it's on her terms. Sometimes I think she's a feline." Ty'bar chuckled deep in his chest and patted the green's wing. "The issue with her last one was that it was right after the gold flight and she was looking for some gossip she could turn into jokes. Her skin was getting a little dry though after all the rain and she needed it but was having no part of it, that's why the wrestling."

His head is simply too thick to understand a lady's schedule. I would quite enjoy a bath and a good oil in a bit. If one is to assume, Chaek would be your fire lizard?

Tilting her head a bit, Asilaeth flicked her swirling blue eyes about just in case there was a fire lizard flying about somewhere. She had heard that the little things could be useful but as her own rider had none to count the green dragon had no experience with them outside of the fairs that came and went where they pleased about Western Weyr. Once or twice one had banged into her when she was flying or sleeping, they seemed to lack the general intelligence it took to understand that they were a nuisance. In her opinion at least.

Either way you are quite welcome. I look forward to seeing which dragon you Impress and what they will compliment in you.

Sitting back to watch how Asilaeth's eyes swirled wonderful colors when Rinis mentioned how gorgeous she was, Ty grinned impishly because he quite agreed that she was wonderfully beautiful. She was his green after all, it didn't matter what she looked like to him and Asilaeth had never once cared that he was so scarred up and rumpled that most people didn't even believe he was a rider until she appeared behind him. To each of them the other was wonderful and beautiful in their own right because each could see the other's soul, but it made him quite happy all the same to have someone else see her understated beauty.

"Noooo, no, you don't wanna go in there. It's clean but it's small." Ty'bar waved a hand a bit. "I can't sit still usually, so since that's the only place that I can clean I clean it every day when I wake up. One of these days that'll change, but for now it fills the time when I would normally have been working on flight maneuvers."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:01 pm
Hattaki

"Well I'm glad she doesn't hate them!" Rinis laughed relieved. That could have been very bad for a dragon. "I know I don't like being told how to take my baths, so I guess I can't expect different of her." She listened amused as he told the story of the wrestling bath. She could understand his concern about his dragon's hide. As much as she wanted to give advice to this rider and dragon, it really wasn't her place as a candidate. After all, she didn't even have a dragon yet!

She laughed as Asilaeth put in her own two words. "He was only looking out for your health I'm sure." Her eyes brightened, "I would be honored to oblige you. Yes, he is." Silently she summoned the brown back to her who'd gone off to do who knew what while she talked. He came winging back to circle over her head with curious cheeps. Rinis waved to the green. "Chaek this is Asilaeth. You will be needed to help with her bath when she calls you." Too keep him busy, she sent him to gather brushes and softsoap and oil.

Rinis blushed slightly as the green talked about her own dragon. "I look forward to seeing who I Impress as well! I hope they are as sweet as you!" How she longed for a dragon of her own. Every candidate did, but not everyone was so lucky. "You'll both root for me next Hatching won't you?" She smiled at the pair. It made facing those hatchlings easier when she knew there were people in the stands wishing her the best.

The young woman looked down her nose at him as he mentioned his quarters were clean. "I bet you the candidate barracks are tinier. No man I ever knew, knew how to clean. Beggin' your pardon rider. Did you dust? Sweep the corners?" Rinis wondered what the true condition of his quarters were, or if he was simply embarrassed by what she might find. "Well if you ever do need help, you've but to ask." She wouldn't force her way in where she wasn't wanted, but she'd leave the offer open.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:18 pm
The grin that he shot her when Rinis finally understood that Asilaeth didn't hate baths but rather had a finicky nature in general spoke to his amusement with the whole debacle. While he had once been irritated that had been the day of and in hindsight it was actually quite funny, he was sure that the view had been something spectacular for any rider or just about anyone that had been nearby. What was there to do though, she had needed a bath. Drawing his focus back to her mouth he realized that with the laughter it was a little harder to get an exact read on the words that she was speaking so he lapsed into silence, choosing not to point out the issue since she was getting along so well with his green. Asilaeth herself was focused on the girl's words, so he didn't expect her to relay them over, he was getting at least some of the words.

To her credit the vibrant green dragon was completely focused on Rinis but she did manage to smack Ty'bar with her wing lightly at his feline remark. Tilting her head back a bit when the small fire lizard came flittering it's way over to them and spun about the Candidate's head, Asilaeth lapsed into silence herself for a moment but sniffed a bit at it. Fire lizards seemed to be rather loyal to their bonded humans, but in a much different way from dragons that would follow orders but could also question them.

Lovely brown you have there, but a dragon will be a bit different. We will gladly bear witness to your Impression which should happen soon I should think, it will be quite a day.

A smile seemed to be formed in Asilaeth's voice as she spoke, the monotone was still there and as strong as ever but it was an implied emotion that she would have from time to time. If knowing full well that she could witness another fine rider come into their own she was also quite happy to watch a Candidate make their way to Weyrling. It was quite fun to watch and bet on which of them on the Sands would Impress and to which hatchling, she had done it many times before with her own rider. It was her hope that this girl would Impress as well as she had just wormed her way into the green's hearts with her rather sassy words in regards to Ty'bar's Weyr. While Asilaeth knew full well that it was cleaned and the man simply had a problem sharing his space with others, this girl did not know that and her reaction was perfect.

She finds you a mess and believes the Weyr is a mess as well, congratulations, fix your appearance accordingly.

Split with laughter at her sassy response to Rinis' sassy response, Ty'bar slapped the sand a bit and ran a hand under one eye that felt as though it was leaking from the laughter. He couldn't help it, Asilaeth never meant any harm with her words but she had picked up on something there and he did feel like he was a rumpled mess. Knowing that he should really care about his own clothing but not having the patience to even bother going to get more, the rider simply shrugged it off every time it was brought up. Duties were still done and his clothing was still on his body and had not fallen off.

"Don't worry, I do try to keep up on it. But you're welcome to come by any time you want to inspect it or just have a place to unwind, it is good for that." Ty'bar drew his laughter down to simply chuckles. "I was raised at High Reaches and spent most of my days cleaning, so at least that I'm good at."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:42 am
Hattaki

For a moment silence fell among the trio. Rinis found she felt comfortable with this rider and dragon pair. She thought about the other rider she felt comfortable with, but in a totally different way. Not that she'd tell him. At least not until she Impressed her own dragon. Rinis felt she was one of the rare people who would be perfectly happy to Impress a green. Would her green be anything like Asilaeth? Probably not. She hoped her dragon would be sweet though. It was such a long wait, and harder knowing it would be longer still. Who and when would be the next gold to rise?

She looked up as the green spoke once more. "Thank you. He is quite sweet." From the contact she'd had with other's dragons, Rinis knew Asilaeth was right. A dragon bond must surely go deeper. She could only see a tiny bit when another's dragon chose to speak to her. And she, usually, felt honored when one did. "Thank you Asilaeth and Ty'bar. I'm really looking forward to having you there when I do."

Rinis was startled by Ty'bar's initial response, but then she relaxed and smiled. "I shall pass that message along to the candidate master so he doesn't continue to send you candidates to clean your room." There wasn't many places for a candidate to go to get away from it all. They didn't get much privacy, so the offer was warmly received. "I might take you up on that." She tilted her head curiously. "You were at High Reaches? What was it like there? I know we had some candidates from there at our last hatching, but I didn't really get a chance to talk with them."  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 pm
"Trust me, sometimes as a candidate it's good to get away and take a break on your free days. It's a nice way to meet new people too, getting out of your element I mean." Ty'bar remembered his days back in High Reaches when he'd been mostly alone, everyone had been his friend the moment that he'd met them. They still were in reality, everyone was his friend if he talked to them for more than a few minutes. Maybe he would have to come to the realization that as far as flaws went that could be a rather huge one.

But that was what he had Asilaeth for, she had a tendency to instantly deal with anything dramatic in her own sassy and monotone way. If he had any idea what she even said to them he might come to be overly embarrassed by her hissing remarks, but as it stood he knew none of them.

"It's a lot of fun to root for candidates and see who they Impress to. Asilaeth tends to bet on it." the rider ribbed his dragon gently. "I'm curious to see what happens during the next hatching."

As do I. Betting is the natural way of things, dragons bet when they can, there is nothing wrong with it.

Laughing he took a deep breath and drew up memories of his time at High Reaches with a less than enthusiastic look at his own hands, not wanting to make Rinis feel as though he were looking at her in such a dark manner. None of the memories were good, not a single one. If he looked deep enough he supposed that he could find a few good memories from before his younger sister's had Impressed, but his lack of so had turned them against him and Impressing to a green had just further ended that relationship.

"It depends on what you're looking for up there. If you want success and you Impress to a metallic then you're in luck. Any idea that you'll be successful as a green or white rider is foolish up there and looked down upon." Ty'bar took another deep breath and hurried through the memories, "It's much more open than a Hold but as the most traditional Weyr on Pern it can be hard if you're riding a chromatic dragon and hope for some sort of equality. That's part of what brought me to Western Weyr, but in reality it wouldn't have mattered where I ended up as long as I had Asilaeth."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:34 pm
Hattaki

Rinis nodded slowly. She could easily see his point. Plus he could be lonely while all the other riders went out; although a weyr was never truly empty. "If it doesn't put you out, I will be sure to stop by when I can." She didn't want to intrude into his only place to relax either. "I'm sure I can always use some horizon broadening." New friends would be nice too. Like Ty'bar and Asilaeth.

"Do let me know if she's betting in my favor!" Rinis laughed. She knew riders and weyrfolk bet on egg colors and sometimes who the riders would be. It didn't occur to her dragons might as well. It was a pretty big event for all around.

She listened to him quietly as he talked about High Reaches. Rinis could tell it upset him somehow. From the sounds of it, she wouldn't like it very much. She glanced at Asilaeth. Did the green remember any of this? How did she feel about it? The young woman shook her head. "I don't think I could live there. I like Western too much. Plus you're here! I'm glad you came to join us." She smiled at him.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:48 pm
Throwing his hands up wide in the air, though his right elbow managed to thump into Asilaeth's side which earned him a tail in the face, Ty'bar gave Rinis a bright and wide smile. "The more the merrier! I don't mind people visiting, it's a little small but company is always welcome. Asilaeth likes it too but she's much more reserved about it."

He winked and thumped the palm of his hand against her rib-cage in retaliation for her tail's gentle slaps on his cheeks and nose. It wasn't entirely a secret that he didn't like to be alone, even if it was just his dragon he completely desired being around others to keep his various anxieties at bay. Rinis was helping even without either of them noticing, though the little green dragon noticed in an amused sort of way as she was completely connected to him in ways that his own blunt personality could never entirely understand. That wasn't to say that the rider was oblivious to it but he certainly didn't like to think hard on it and that suited both himself and his partner in crime perfectly fine, too much thinking could be dangerous.

For certain you shall know when I bet on you, this one cannot stay quiet when he's hoping for a Candidate to Impress and his intuition is generally correct.

If a dragon could wink Asilaeth might have, but she instead bowed her head a bit and heaved a heavy sigh, remembering her brief if sad tenure at High Reaches. The broken heart she had seen on the sands that day had drawn her to him but deep inside of Ty'bar she had seen the happiness, the hyper energy, and if she hadn't found exactly that within him she might have simply Betweened herself right there on the spot. It was interesting to think about but the green tried not to dwell on it too hard and felt a powerful wash of gentle kindness fill her to the brim with all the love her rider had.

"I'm glad that I came here too, it's a different world up there and when the sun goes away in the winter it affects you worse than you might think. But if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have met Asilaeth, so I suppose there were a few good things that came out of it." Ty'bar ran a hand over her side and offered another smile to Rinis, "Sometimes you have to live through some bad things to get to a good place where you meet great people like yourself."

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces