Family life was pretty standard for the most part with Ushma and Beflecken. At least for a family in the stormborn. The two had managed to raise a litter of cubs together and they seemed to get along for the most part. Ushma had a nasty temper and Beflecken could be a bit of a d**k but for the most part they got along enough to raise their cubs.

Ushma had been relieved when the cubs had been born and none of them shared their fathers smaller stature. They weren't impressively huge either but they weren't what Ushma would consider tiny and thin like their fathers build. That had been her biggest concern to have cubs with a male such as Beflecken. Ushma was still a little mad at everything for having feelings for such a twerp as Beflecken was deemed in her mind. But she loved him.

Beflecken hadn't been making any moves to join in a real viking-ing though which had Ushma a little irritated. She was sure that if the two were to have cubs together that Beflecken would get off his pretty boy butt and actually get some thing done by achieving becoming a viking. That had never happened and Ushma was finding it hard not to be annoyed at the male as the cubs were now adolescence and their father had still made no effort to achieve what Ushma considered a basic title of Reaver.

Beflecken and Gjenferd were spending time together by the shore catching various fish. The two made quite a team and managed to catch quite a few fish. It wasn't enough to feed an entire family but it was enough that the two males enjoyed a secrete feast of fish together. Gjernferd cherished these moments he spent with his father as did Beflecken. Beflecken never really thought he wanted to be a father but having five cubs of his own had changed his tune a little and he was enjoying raising his cubs with Ushma and enjoying being around as a father. His prior ambitions to become a reaver had softened in favor of spending time around the den with his cubs and mate.

Ushma was going to confront Beflecken today and she didn't really mind that Gjernferd may be caught a bit in the cross fire. It was no secret to the cubs that their mother had a hair trigger of a temper. In a bold fashion the female marched her self towards Beflecken with purpose and fire in her eyes.

"Do you really find your self worthy when you're here wasting your time on the shore Beflecken," Her tongue cut fiercely at Beflecken. Rage was boiling behind those beautiful blue eyes and her claws were inching out of their sheaths.

This confrontation was not out of the blue as Ushma had been mentioning more and more these concerns. Beflecken had turned a deaf ear to them in favor of being a father. In an overly relaxed way he turned to his mate with a coy smile upon his maw.

"I don't find it a waste of time to spend time with my son," He lifted a brow at Ushma in a teasing manner. Gjenferd took a seat beside his father. Even though the pale lion was still a teen he was now roughly the same size as Beflecken with promise of growing much larger.

"Dad was fishing with me.. I thought that would be okay if he taught me a few things..." Gjenferds head lowered. He wasn't fond of the moments of confrontation his parents had from time to time.

"It was fine for him to when you were much younger but you're much older now Gjenferd." Ushma snorted, "You should be able to do that with out help." Her teeth clinched. "Beflecken you were supposed to have at least TRIED to go on a viking trip by now. Instead you insist to stay behind. I would have gone for us but the cubs actually need a mother around," She growled. It hadn't fully been her choice to have had cubs with Beflecken in the first place and she felt if she hadn't had cubs she'd be off as a reaver. Damn motherly instincts.

Gjenferd felt a wash of shame come over him from his mothers disapproval. He really hadn't thought the two had done anything wrong and it was probably the case that he was better off to keep his maw shut. However the pale lion couldn't fully honor that and he managed to open his maw in retaliation.

"Beflecken honors our family by wanting to stay with it. Why can't you -" He was me with fierce blue eyes of his mother. There was a fire behind those eyes that stopped the teen mid sentence. She towered over him and stared him down with out even saying a word.

"Does it really mean that much to you that I go away from the family to go do a viking trip? Are you really that ashamed of me?" This was something the two danced with quite a bit was Ushma had a not so hidden shame of Beflecken. He was smaller in stature and not quite built for being a viking. It was something that Beflecken was aware of but usually hid it in the back of his mind. He was hopeful that one day Ushma would accept him but at the same time he was pretty sure that it would never fully happen. Ushma valued physical strength and seemed to yearn for a little more status.

Ushma sighed. She knew she was being a tad unreasonable.

"I mated with you in hopes you'd want to do well for the family. If I hadn't taken a mate I would go be a Reaver but now I bare your children. Couldn't you do me some honor by going on a viking trip. It wasn't so long ago that you wanted to prove your self. Now you're..." Ushma's brows crossed a bit and she spit out the venom she'd been holding in her belly, "Lazy and disgraceful."

Ouch. Even Gjenferd took offense to that but he knew better than to open his maw now. This was between Ushma and Beflecken.

"I'll go." Beflecken's face was as if it was stone. No emotion showed from it but underneath he felt the sting of his mates words. He turned his back to Ushma and Gjenferd and headed off leaving mother and son alone. Gjenferd was silent as was Ushma. There would be no discussing what happened here on the shore. Ushma wasn't the type to want to talk about things like this.

Word Count: 1110