Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:50 pm
This is a private RP between myself and Thrivis. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User Image

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee | Thrivis' Teepee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:13 am
=Thurga=
The weather was unusually humid on Thurga’s beach and the surrounding forest. He wondered if that meant it was raining somewhere nearby. He imagined it was colder in other parts of the world, but not here. He loved living so near the equator, where the temperature almost never changed. The humidity sometimes, though! His long hair would frizz in a silly way with so much moisture in the air on a day like this.

He gave his unruly hair a flip out of his face so he could focus. He pulled down on one more of the lychee tree’s young limbs with his teeth and shook. Lychee berries tumbled down into his half-full gathering basket on the ground. That was it for the trees he was tall enough to reach. He’d have to come back later with Taf to work together collection berries from the taller trees.

Done with berry picking, he bucked a coconut tree in the little grove until a coconut dropped down. He brought one of his sharp cloven hooves down on the coconut with precision enough to split it in half. He took the halves and dropped down next to a palm tree for a break and a snack. A few of the native butterflies began to lazily float into the stillness of the forest, so he meditated on their bright colors while eating his peaceful snack.

[232]
Kaya Wolf Moon

Sorry it took me a while!!  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:56 pm
The forest hummed with life. Nanyehi could fill it in her very core. Trees and flowers alike lent their gentle tune to the world around them. Animals large and small tarried here and there to listen before resuming their pace of life. It was a pleasant sound to be certain. She felt blessed that she could hear it and relish it. For not all of her kind could. In fact, she hadn’t even encountered a handful that could. That’s not to say, however, that some weren’t gifted in other ways or weren’t able to interact with the forest. Many of her kind were capable of doing just that. The difference lay in the depth of their interactions. Nanyehi didn’t dare say she possessed supernatural abilities or anything of the like when it came to plants. Honestly, she wasn’t entirely sure she believed in such things. But she thrived in the forest, or anywhere else possessing plant life for that matter. It was a part of her and she a part of it. The bond ran deep to her soul. So much so, she often times preferred to interact with the forest and its animal inhabitants instead of her own kind. There were a few instances of note that broke her norm. Instances that were unique and rather intriguing in the end, each providing her with insight and enjoyment for the most part. She didn’t know what led to these moments, nor did she know if there would be more to come. Part of her wished for it, while her other half dreaded it. What were the odds of all interactions with her kind being so pleasant? The small Nymph had no clue. Yet she knew enough to understand that there were bad ones out there. She simply had been lucky enough to avoid encountering them. Plants and animals were different though. Far easier to comprehend and relate with.

Consequently, Nanyehi tended to listen to the whims of the forest. She would go wherever they led her. Which is how she ended up on her current path through the southern forests. The Nymph could tell by the humidity which hung in the air and the varying appearances of the trees that this particular one situated itself near a large body of water. Perhaps an ocean is nearby? The thickness of the undergrowth lent to that prospect. Having a great source of water was important when seeding and growing. While it wasn’t impossible to find life in exposed and harsh environments with little access to the life-sustaining substance, the plant and animal life of these areas was markedly different than in those with free-flowing sources. There has to be something of the sort around here. Nanyehi bobbed her head. There’s no way that you guys have gotten so big without it being readily available. But where is it? Her green orbs skimmed from left to right in search of a sign. Truth be told, she could use a little refreshment herself. Ocean water wouldn’t be beneficial due to its high salt content, but she could follow along and find an adjoining freshwater spring. Her left ear twitched upon catching a faint crashing of waves intermingled with the call of the trees. Ah there you are. A smile touched her muzzle. She happily trailed off in the direction indicated to her, pleased to hear the forest’s soft humming.

Thrivis
I am so sorry this took me so long to respond to! Real life sort of held me captive and I'm just now able to work on Soq RP tags.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 am
Thurga’s ears perked up, swiveling around as he heard something or someone disturb the dense damp foliage. He paid it no mind at first. There was usually always something rustling about. Insects, rodents, an occasional crab, and many colorful birds would often pass by. He was at peace with all of them, even the jungle cats that would sometimes prowl through. Unless they were very hungry (and therefore, very cranky) they usually left him and his adopted family alone. Unafraid, he continued enjoying his coconut snack in the sultry shade of the tropical trees. Maybe after his snack, he would meditate, listening to the wind rustling through the trees and really hear the activity going on around him.

His ears swiveled and locked onto a specific direction as the soft rustling came recognizably closer. He meditated on the sound, trying to decipher the kind of creature that might be making it. It was a delicate sound. He suspected this creature had great respect for the surroundings, trying always to make contact with the ground and avoid trampling the dense foliage, never even snapping a twig. Then, as the sound came closer, he heard it. The cadence of something with four legs. Legs that ended in... hooves! The soft clip clip of hooves was unmistakable to him, even in the moist earth. The direction was definite now. This hooved visitor would likely pass right through the little grove.

He smiled to himself. One of the butterflies came to rest on his snout. “It seems we’ll have company, darlin’,” he told the butterfly. It floated away as he spoke. “I’d better get another coconut.”

He got up, gave a his hair a shake, and trotted over to the coconut tree to buck down another snack. A well placed buck sent a stiff thunk sound through the trees, and another coconut tumbled down.

[310]

Kaya Wolf Moon
this RP kind of makes me want to draw a map of the beach my soquili live on xd  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm
Plants and animals alike hustled and bustled around her. They thrived in the area, bringing a smile to her features. No doubt thanks to their water source, she promptly concluded. The activity grew more insistent the closer she drew to their source, affirming her supposition with ease. Yes, there was certainly a large body of water in the area from which the forest drew its sustenance. Within the next moment, Nanyehi discovered just how large the source truly was. The trail which she followed meandered about, the foliage thickening slightly, before opening onto a large clearing. “It’s a beach!” She declared, mildly surprised. While she had expected a larger body of water, an entire beach surrounding it had not been envisioned. Nanyehi took a moment to absorb the scenery. Blue waters and white sand set a picturesque atmosphere. No wonder the plants and animals have done so well here. It was calm and pleasant here, which could only aid in the growth and wellbeing of the forest.

As she glanced around, her brown orbs soon fell on yet another surprise. A black stallion with long, dark hair stood next to a rather tall, skinny tree. A small round object sat firmly planted in the sand nearby. Nanyehi had seen such an object once before. Her friend showed it to her after having traded for it. A coconut! But had she truly traveled that far in such a short time? Coconuts were grown in a very specific environment. It astounded her to find that she reached such a place. However, it was the presence of the stallion which stunned her further. Of all the things she could have expected, finding another of her kind amidst the colorful foliage was not one of them. “Oh, uhm, hello there!” She called out to the other.in greeting The mare rarely interacted with others of her kind. Not because she did not wish to know them, but she often found herself feeling uncomfortable and uncertain around them. Plants and animals were far more understanding and accepting. She did not have to put on a pretense for them, knowing that they would not judge her.

“I’m sorry. Have I intruded on your home?” She hoped that was not the case. If it was, she would profusely apologize and return to the forest, seeking refreshment elsewhere. It had been one of the many things she learned during her travels. While most were willing to invite you into their home, there were others whom would as soon threaten you with violence instead of extending pleasantries. Nanyehi shuffled in her spot, taking a step backwards. “Please excuse my interruption. It seems as if I may have intruded upon your meal at the very least.” Her gaze flicked to the fallen coconut in reference to it.

Thrivis
You should do it! biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 am
Thurga’s gaze fell on the visitor. Quite literally - he realized he had assumed it would be someone taller. He hadn’t seen another like him in a very long time - not since he had roamed away from deciduous forest and the mountains before that. “Well I’ll be - this is a fine surprise,” he said brightly. A big welcoming grin spread across his face. “No, you weren’t intrudin’ on anythin’. Way’s I see it, we’re guests no matter where we go. So I do appreciate ya bein’ so polite.” He bobbed his head down briefly in a polite little bow.

“I was sittin’ here enjoyin’ the gifts nature has to offer when I heard ya comin’. This one...,” he paused to give the coconut a gentle kick. It rolled cheerfully over the sandy floor and came to rest at the mare’s hooves. “Is yours, if I may offer. If your travels brought here, there’s more than a chance you worked yourself up an appetite.”

He pawed the sandy earth with one cloven hoof. “Name’s Thurga! You gotta forgive me, it’s a little excitin’ meetin’ one of my own kind, the first in so long. I’m a little dazzled, to be honest. It must be in our nature, huh? To wander far and wide. My wanderin’ stopped here though. I figured this was as far as roamin’ would take me. Can’t roam much further than the ocean. But how about yourself, what brought you to this fine slice of paradise? You on your way somewhere or just seein’ where the wind takes you?”

[262]

Kaya Wolf Moon
OOPS, I forgot the quote then accidentally posted a new post lol that’s what I get for usin’ my phone instead of the comp xd

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm
Nanyehi blinked in mild shock. The dark stallion spoke so rapidly that her brain had a difficult time keeping up with all that he uttered. Mimicking his gesture of greeting was the only thing she could think to do. “I—uh,” she stammered as her mind struggled to catch up. Having limited encounters with her own kind left her sorely lacking in the realm of social interaction. Times like this were when she felt it most keenly. “Thank you,” the mare finally managed to huff out, though not unkindly. Her stomach rumbled lightly when her eyes fell back upon the coconut that now lay at her feet. “I believe I have indeed worked up an appetite. Following the whims of the forest can make for quite the journey.” Bowing her head, she whispered a small prayer of gratitude to the tree for her meal. It was a ceremony she took seriously and never overlooked.

As she went to stomp her hoof on the sphere to break it apart, she heard the soft pawing of his hoof in the sand which was promptly followed by an introduction. She stayed her own hoof, realizing instantly that she had bypassed that formality altogether. A light tinge of red touched her cheeks. “Oh! Forgive my lack of manners. My name is Nanyehi,” she smiled at his enthusiasm. “I admit that I am a bit awestruck as well to find you here. It isn’t often that I encounter one of my own. As for what brought me here—” Nanyehi held out her hoof to indicate the trees nearby. “I go where the trees and flowers take me. It is their call that I answer to.”

Thrivis
Lol I've done that before. Gotta love it. XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:33 pm
Thurga took a deep breath after realizing how quickly he spoke. He realized he was still a little worked up from picking lychee, and the rush of surprise upon meeting a stranger gave him another energy boost. He imagined he sounded a little spastic. He reminded himself it was time to relax. He picks up the two halves of his own coconut and trotted a little closer. He took a seat again on the sandy forest floor under another accommodating tree’s shadow, folding his legs under him. “Well it’s a fine thing to meet you, Nanyehi! That’s mighty sweet of you to thank the tree,” he said reverently. He thought seriously it was a ritual he should partake in himself going forward. He lowered his head in kind, closing his eyes and whispering a small grace. He nibbled off a small chunk of meat from the coconut shell and savored the sweet milky taste.

“What a wonderful thing, to be called by flowers,” he marveled between chewing. He imagined it might be akin to his own relationship with the wind. “It’s no wonder you found yourself here, then. Warm weather and water of all kinds meet here. It’s a right corn-u-copia.” He pronounced each syllable, making his accent more overt. “I’ve lived here for years, and there’s still days I’ll find a flower or a butterfly the likes I never seen before. One of them not all that friendly, if ya can believe that!”

He blew his frizzy hair out of his face again before taking another bight of coconut. “I’m takin’ a break before I head to the spring and then back home, so if you’d like to have a seat and stay a while you’re welcome to it. Perhaps I could hassle you for a tale or two about your travels with the trees? I’m sure you’ve seen many a fascinatin’ breed!”

[314]

Kaya Wolf Moon

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:54 pm
“It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Thurga,” Nanyehi returned with an anxious but sincere smile. She was not the most practice in social situations. Her methods of interaction with flora and fauna often times did not translate well to her own kind. Still though, she would not shy away from such a rare event as this. Stamping her hoof onto the coconut, she broke the sphere in half, relishing in the sweet smell of the liquid contained inside. “Of course. It is only proper,” she shook her head and explained to the stallion, taking a sip of the juice. “The tree gives us the fruits of its labor without qualm. The least I can do is demonstrate my gratitude for its gift.” The mere suggestion that she would take without giving thanks did not sit well in her soul. She was not angry or upset with Thurga on the matter, however. It had been her experience that less of her kind or the blessed animals exercised the same beliefs. Although, a sense of contentment welled inside her to hear the stallion would take the practice.

Taking Thurga’s lead, Nanyehi settled into the sand with her coconut. Inclining her head, she agreed with his assessment, “It is indeed. The flora and fauna understand many things we do not. Listening to them, allowing them to guide me has brought me immense happiness. They, of course, love mischief as well. Which has lead to some interesting encounters…to say the least.” Yes, the spirits of the forest did love their impish ways. They were as unpredictable as they were mysterious. Her dark orbs cast about the sandy beach, taking note of the various flowers and trees. Butterflies of all species and colors flitted in and out of sight. “That does not surprise me,” she laughed at Thurga’s description of an unfriendly species. “There will always be that one that does not approve of our presence. I myself have encountered one such flower that tried to eat my hoof. Speaking of which, if you ever happen to observe a plant with a brightly colored maw, do not touch it.” An amused chuckled issued from her. That had been an interesting encounter, but one she would rather not repeat.

Nanyehi took another sip of coconut water. It rolled down her throat, leaving a pleasant taste in its wake. Thurga certainly knows how to pick a fresh coconut, she bobbed her head in approval. Choosing a ripe fruit could be difficult depending on the plant providing it. Her ear twitched towards the dark-colored stallion as he explained his plans for the day. Tell him a story? She mulled over the idea. Nobody had ever requested a tale from her before. Perhaps it would not hurt to tell a story or two. It has been so long since I have spoken to another that it will be good practice. With that thought in mind, Nanyehi smiled gently back, “Thank you, Thurga. I think I shall take you up on that offer. As to the tales…I believe I have one or two that may suffice for a good story. Although, is there a sort of tale in particular you are more fond of?” Throughout her travels, she had gathered a broad repertoire of fables and tales. If he noted a preference, then she could better determine which of her stories to relay.

Thrivis
I promise I didn't forget about you, Thriv! Gearing up for a new job has me a bit discombobulated at the moment. x3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:08 am
Thurga bowed his head in agreement. When he spoke next, his voice was a little bashful from shame. "You're right, of course. Everything we need to live comes from other life. People and animals both tend ta forget that or take it for granted. We don't stop to show gratitude often enough. Myself included," he said. He brightened a little. "But it’s never too late to learn better manners and respect. And that’s not to say we don’t show appreciation in other ways.”

He listened in quiet reverence to Nanyehi as she spoke of how the wisdom of plants had affected her life. He couldn’t resist a chuckle himself at her warning about the carnivorous flower, though. “Can’t say I’ve crossed such a flower before! And now I’ll be the wiser when I do, so thank you kindly for the warnin’.”

Thurga took a bite of coconut and chewed it slowly as he considered what sort of story he’d be interested in. “Hmmm,” he hummed thoughtfully. Every story was wisdom, regardless of the ending, and honestly that hoof-eater sounded interesting. He assumed it ended well, she still had all four hooves. He swallowed the last bits of coconut and washed it down with the rest of the milk in the first half of the shell. “I prefer stories where things work out alright. But sometimes we learn the most from sad stories, huh,” he pondered aloud. As he looked around at the familiar plants he lived with, it dawned on him that there were probably plants he’d never imagined in other environments. “Well, I’ve rambled over the tropical lands around this beach for many years, but don’t have much knowledge about the pine or redwood forests I’ve past through. I didn’t spend much time in the mountains, meadows or swamps, neither. Do ya happen to have tales from those parts?” As he asked, he also tried to think of one of his own stories he could share.

[327]

Kaya Wolf Moon
oooh no worries at all, I’m a bit all over the map myself lol kind of lost my grip on Gaia for a bit there due to recent IRL shenanigans lol

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 pm
Nanyehi took note of the sheepish tone in which Thurga spoke. “There is no need to feel shame,” she smiled kindly to him. “Many of our kind do not adhere to the ways of nature. That does not make you wrong for it. But, I do admit, I am happy to find someone so willing to adopt these ways. It is quite refreshing.” It had been so long since she last encountered an individual prepared to adapt as Thurga promised. The Nymph felt a sprig of delight and kinship blossom within her. Inclining her head, she also had to agree with his shared words of wisdom. “Your words are wise as well. Everyone develops their own way of acknowledging the sacrifices of nature. Some merely show it better than others.” An understandable state of affairs, of course. It would be too foolish to think every living soul would celebrate and give thanks in the same way. Yes, there were customs to be upheld. Yes, there were traditions passed along from generation to generation. Yet, even among these, each one placed his own mark.

Lips curled in a bright smile. A laugh sang out from her throat as she joined in Thurga’s amusement over her encounter with the flower. “Be glad you have not done so,” she shook her head. “That particular flower is one of the many mischievous plants of the world. Its brightly colored maw has the odd quality of shimmering in the light. So, as you can imagine, many passersby or intended prey get drawn to it. If I had been any smaller…well…” Nanyehi shrugged flatly, not desiring to ponder such an outcome too deeply. “Let’s just say I doubt I would be speaking with you.” She considered herself blessed to be of Nymph heritage. Should she be another, smaller breed, then it could have gone much worse.

She chewed on the pulp of her coconut, listening to Thurga reason out a choice in story. There were many she had gathered. Many myths and legends, personal stories or rumors she could impart. “Hmmm,” she titled her head to one side. Her dark eyes cast downward while she milled over the options. “I must admit, that does not narrow it down quite as much as I hoped. I do indeed have stories from the marshlands, forests, mountains, and meadows. Tales told to me by fellow travelers or my own personal encounters as well.” The fawn colored mare mentally catalogued her tales, sorting through them with ease. “Let’s see…where have you never been before or, at least, where have you traveled the least to? If we can answer that, then we will have a good place to start. I think I have stories from each land that will satiate the desire for a happy ending while also touching upon sadder moments.” Indeed, there were a wide array of fables and tales which could simultaneously meet both requests.

Thrivis
I am sooooo sorry! Work ate me alive. -_-

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces