Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As usual, Lost in the Shuffle was lost in his own little world, shuffling through his favorite deck of cards. These were worn around the edges and showed other signs of being well-loved. He had other decks, of course, ones meant for practicing magic and others simply because he liked the design. Today he was attempting to practice the well known Is This Your Card? trick. He still hadn't managed to get it right and he was starting to get frustrated. Maybe he just needed an audience.

Looking up from where he'd been concentrating, he searched for someone (preferable around his age) to attempt performing his trick for. He spotted a white pegasus with a blue mane. "Hey!" he called out to get their attention. "Uh, hi, can I ask you something?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 pm
User Image

Aegis was loudly, and boredly, smacking on some bubble gum, obnoxiously blowing big purple bubbles before her ears perked to the sound of another voice. At first she glanced around unaware that the voice was actually calling to her before blinking in surprise. A white colt with mis-matched eyes glanced at her curiously and a bit...shyly?

"Me?" she blinked again, twittering her wings and glancing around one more time before turning her attention back towards him. She flicked strands of her blue bangs out of her seagreen eyes before smacking another obnoxious purple bubble practically in his face. "I guess so, long as it doesn't waste my time." she chewed noisily, adjusting her wings a tad bit impatiently. She had better things to be doing, she was sure but he looked so enthused. It was almost cute.

Almost.

Except kinda not really.

Strawberri Stardust

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:33 pm
"Yeah, you." Shuffle jerked back a bit when she popped a bubble practically in his face. Well. That was kind of rude... He idly wondered if she was that way all the time. "O-oh, uh, well, I hope it's not a waste of time," he said, his face turning a light shade of pink as he began to get flustered. She was a little bigger than he was, and that was when he noticed her saddle. Ah, so she was a Carousel phony. Cool. Maybe they could be friends...?

Whoops, getting distracted. "Right! Um," he stuttered a bit and fumbled with his cards, spreading them out on the ground. "Okay so I wanted to show you a card trick." He smiled, feeling a little confident about this part. "Pick a card, any card, but don't show me! Put it back in the pile after you've got it memorized," he told her.

"Oh, uh, I'm Lost in the Shuffle, by the way, but everyone just calls me Shuffle." Or they would, if he knew anyone.
Fea Line

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm
A.... card trick.

So he was a magician. Or well. Inspired to be one. Or something. Yeah, sure she'd give him a moment of her time. She liked magic tricks if they were done well enough and left her grasping for an explanation. Though she wasn't big on the smaller kind.... like with cards.... still... had to start somewhere. "Alright then. Let's see how good you are." she grinned, eyeing the cards before reaching out to pick one.

Quickly she pulled her chosen card towards her and glanced at it, committing the number, suite and color to memory before placing it back in the pile just as he asked. So he was already doing the introduction thing eh? It wouldn't hurt to give him her name either, at least he'd remember her now if he ever came across her again. "Aegis. Nice to meet'cha Shuffle. Well... I hope anyways." she grinned and tossed him a cocky smirk.

"So go on then... wow me." she said with a grin, now impatient to see if he really could pull this off.

Strawberri Stardust

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm
Shuffle beamed, happy to have gained an audience at least. "Nice to meet you, Aegis," he said, confident about his trick. For the moment, anyway. As he spoke, he swept the cards back into one pile then cut the deck once, then twice, and shuffled them together.

Oh, crap. Did he lose her card? Crap. Now he was getting nervous. "Umm....is this your card?" he asked, pulling a random card out because he totally did lose her card. He was the worst at this. Why did he do this again?
Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am
Aegis narrowed her eyes at the card, totally having expected to be wow'ed....and then wasn't. "Um..." she blinked at him, blinked at the card, back at him then back at the card. "No." she eyed him, wondering if this was supposed to have happened?? Like was he supposed to make it seem like he messed up and was going to pull a grand trick next?

The filly paused, letting the moment go painfully silent as she stared at him, waiting for what he'd do next.

Strawberri Stardust

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:18 pm
At that moment in time, Shuffle hated his pale pelt. His face must be as red as the streaks in his hair by now. "O-oh...um... W-what about this one?" he asked and produced a second card. Oh, man, he really did mess up... How was he going to come back from this one? He couldn't just run away now that he had an audience.

"I'm sorry!" he burst out a moment later. "I messed up, can I try again?"
Fea Line

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm
Aegis could see the kid getting flustered and for a brief moment started to feel kinda bad for him. He had clearly messed up his trick that he had seemed so excited about but she didn't want to say anything even though he was seriously wasting her time right now. She could have been off doing other things.

"Um...actually...no man, that's totally my card!" she lied, turning her head to the side and slightly rolling her eyes in hopes he hadn't seen. Maybe if she told him it was, he'd get out of her face and she could be on her way? "Like, legit, that's my card! Neato man! Is that the trick? To mess up on purpose the first time? False sense of security or whatever it is they call it?" she asked, not really wanting an answer to those questions. She was hoping he'd smile and get excited and run off and leave her be.

Strawberri Stardust

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers