Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Bleeding Hearts (Al v Noah) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:33 pm
"If I win, what do I get?" Al teased playfully from the opposite end of the sectioned off sparring field. He honestly couldn't remember if they ever sparred each other. It was a thing they needed to do. To get a better feel for each other's fighting styles, they had to fight each other with some regularity.

Al hoped it would go well.

Prolixity

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:01 pm
"The emotional satisfaction of having won," Noah replied, straight-faced. He managed to keep it up for a few more seconds, then added, "And maybe a kiss. Maybe. If you're good."

It had been quite some time since they'd sparred. It had actually been quite some time since Noah had done any sparring at all, and that was a problem that he needed to fix. Starting over with Al would help; they at least knew where they stood, and Noah felt more comfortable this way.

Laz rumbled glutinously. Settling where he and Nuru stood had been cathartic, but he would never pass up the chance for a good entanglement.

Saliru

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 pm
"But I'm always good," Al whined. He wanted that kiss, but he also wanted more. "How about loser does that thing the winner likes?" With that his eyebrows may have wiggled a little.

Nuru was grinning in Al's thoughts and reminded him that he was hungry and wanted just a taste. A little taste. No harm this time. No golems to destroy.

Nuru still owed Al for that one, he reminded.  
prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:32 pm
"That can be negotiated," Noah allowed. He stretched his hand out and summoned the saw, Laz's bony handle fitting comfortably into his palm.

He charged without warning, bringing Laz around in a sharp swing calculated to catch Al off guard. Laz's thoughts were bloody and satisfied, urging Noah on in his attack; Noah's mind held back only a little, teetering between a squeamish desire to pull the blow and a memory of Al telling him to be angry, to show him everything.

HP: 50/50
Dmg: 2
Charge: 1/3

Saliru

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-20)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:59 am
That was all Al needed to hear. Nuru summoned to his hands in a flash - but not fast enough to avoid being slashed at.

"Hey!" He shouted while leaning back, away from the hit which still caught him with Laz's jagged sharp teeth.

He hissed and brought his own weapon down on top of Noah with a loud retalitory thunk.

HP - 47/50
Dmg - 4
Chg - 1/3

Prolixity

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Noah laughed, but it was quickly cut short by Nuru's impact across his head and shoulder. He yelped and tried to dart back out of range, but his foot caught in a small hollow in the ground, and he fell flat on his face, undignified.

He rolled and shoved himself back to his feet rapidly, but he was obviously embarrassed by his trip, red-faced and chagrined.

HP: 46/50
Dmg: lol
Charge: 1/3

Saliru

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-20)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 am
Al saw Noah trip and fall and couldn't help it - let out a loud burst of laughter before he caught sight of his face. The laughter immediately died in his throat and he decided in that split second to pretend he didn't see anything (though obviously too late to be convincing).

He knelt down and delivered the teeny tiniest of baps with his staff.

HP - 47/50
Dmg - 1
Chg - 2/3

Prolixity

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 pm
Noah scowled at Al, though he wasn't really mad. "Ow, my dignity," he grumbled, and shoved Nuru away with Laz's edge, the saw's teeth scraping a little against the staff. "I'm fine."

TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, Laz growled, annoyed.

HP: 45/50
Dmg: 3
Charge: 2/3

Saliru

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 pm
"Okay," Al believed Noah when he said he was fine and swung his staff at him - a little too hard.

Ouch.

HP - 44/50
Dmg - 11
Chg - 3/3  
prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm
Noah yelped and backpedaled rapidly. It was better that Al was taking him at his word and not babying him, but that had actually hurt. He just couldn't get into the right mindset for a good fight. His hasty return swing missed by a mile.

HP: 34/50
Dmg: what.

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:52 pm
"C'mon Noah," Al encouraged genuinely as he went for another swing and caught his boyfriend. "Get mad. Hit me." He didn't really want Noah mad AT HIM nor did he want hit. But he wanted him to dig deep and give him all he had.

HP - 44/50
Dmg - 8
Chg - 3/3

prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:58 pm
"I'm trying!" Noah had barely tried to dodge the hit, and had failed the maneuver anyway. His mouth set in a firm line. There was a roil of murky emotion rising in him, but he didn't want to let it go.

NO YOU'RE NOT, Laz growled.

I'm not mad! "Sorry, I just, I don't know," and Noah sounded flustered. His swing went wide again.

HP: 26/50
Dmg: no

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm
Al took a breath and then nodded, certain of it now. "Something's wrong," he temporarily lowered Nuru and approached. He looked Noah over thoughtfully. "This is why we needed to spar together though." He offered the other man a weary smile and then brushed the dirt off his clothes from the initial fall. Good as new. "You can tell me what it is whenever you feel like it. For now, it's a test. You gotta get through this. We gotta get through this. I'll be counting on you on the battlefields when our lives are on the line, for now we're safe at home and neither of us are getting hurt."

He hoped it was helpful and sighed as he posed for Noah, "Hit me."  
prolixity rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm
"For values of getting hurt, anyway," Noah said, both embarrassed and a little heartened at having gotten a pep talk in the middle of a spar. "I don't, I don't even know what's wrong." It wasn't a lie, exactly; he did and didn't know.

He took a deep breath. "Defend yourself, okay," he said, and brought Laz up and across in a rapid slashing motion, more a scrape than a cut.

HP: 26/50
Dmg: 3
Charge: 3/3  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saliru rolled 1 8-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-8)

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm
Al nodded and braced for impact. He took the hit - and it was a hit. He nodded. "Good, you got a charge right? Again."

And this time he took a proper defensive stance.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff