Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Bee in her Bonnet (Imani x Tethys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 am
User Image

They were making adequate progress - it wasn't as quick as he would have liked, but it was something at least. Ever since they had left the Maestros lands it had become abundantly clear that their allies were in grave danger. No matter how much Divine protection outsiders might have assumed the Bahari'mtoto had, the truth of the matter was that they had none... and they made no claims towards this either.

The fact were clear, and while a portion of his band had slowly guided the injured lioness back to her home; one that lay a considerable distance away in the Pridelands, he and the remaining set moved swiftly towards their allies. They had inadvertently brought this upon them; the coastal pride had assisted them in their research and the eyes of their enemies had followed. It really was true that they seemed to have the capacity to be anywhere at any time, to see and to hear... He didn't understand it, but he had to give credit where it was due, the scourge had an exceptional network.

It was for this reason that Tethys's patience was frayed. He simply had nothing left in the tank to endure interruptions and any who crossed him were liable to get a swift kick up the arse. When it came to his itinerary he no longer had the time for small talk and he would be quick to point this out to any and all who tested him. Suffice to say that this would come at a bit of a surprise to those who might have known him, who had seen a more pleasant side to him, but this was par for the course.

...He would take an infuriated acquaintance over a massacred pride any day.

Priorities and all that.

Pollack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

User Image

The rites ceremony in the Bahari was a nice break from her normally busy lifestyle. Why she might not busy herself dealing with a massive shadowy menace Imani typically was always doing something or the other. Whether it be trying out a new compound mixture, or meeting with a merchant to secure a trade. There never seemed to be enough time in the day to get everything accomplished.

Yet for the past few weeks she had pushed aside all of her work to fully dedicate her time to visiting her brother, and as he would put it 'stop to smell the sea salt.' Though she hadn't outwardly expressed it she was ecstatic to have the chance to be there to support and cheer on her brother with his own right of passage to becoming a full member of his home. She was extremely proud of him for what he had accomplished in their time apart. But more importantly she was happy that he had finally found a permanent homestead after what he explained so many years living by himself.

Alas why her sibling was content to stick around in one place for extended periods of time Imani was called back into the rogue lands. Renewed with newfound sense of zen and patience to deal with her clients it was very much back to business as usual.

It was actually one of her deals that lead her to this particular spot. She had arrived at the agreed meeting place early as per usual. It gave her a greater sense of leverage and confidence when she wasn't stressed out of her mind trying to make a time limit. So, content and relaxed she sat perched on a rock. Though she might not have been the specific color Tethys had previously warned her about ever since that fateful meeting she had been a tough more cautious when out by herself. She had made it a habit to keep in well lit places, on higher grounds, and to try to stick as much as she could to other roaming rogue bands.

Today was no different why her paws were busy weaving together strands of dried palm leaves that she had collected with her time in the Bahari her eyes stared out to the grasses below.

No one could be to careful out there both with shadows, and more importantly on her mind right now missing the person you were set to meet with!

A flash of white and teal caught her attention abruptly. With a few confused blinks to refocus her eyes she locked on to the massive figure moving in the bush ahead of her.

...Now wait just a minute! She knew that figure!

"Tethys." She drawled out slowly, her eyebrows shooting up in amusement. "I have several questions." She continued, mimicking the same blunt greeting that he had given her ages ago.

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 am
"Then direct them to someone else, I don't have time for your s**t this afternoon," the Captain replied with such force that his ton was without it's usual lilt of good humour. He didn't even afford the lioness so much as a side glance as he continued on his way towards his destination. Where he might have stopped to play this game before, he simply didn't have time for it today; and based on the speed at which his band were moving it was clear that on this occasion she might have to find another passing rogue to have her verbal joust with today!

There were a few apologetic glances from the more diplomatic within the band as they passed, but from the strained expressions on some, and the stern ones on others, now probably wasn't the time to be disturbing them. Imani would be at risk of provoking several individuals who might have patience when not under pressure, but probably lacked a considerable amount of it when they were overburdened.

What she chose to do from this point however, was entirely up to her... All that could be certain was that the white lion was moving towards the direction in which she had already came from. However on this occasion they brought no priests, nor thralls, bringing only themselves and what looked like some pretty new weaponry they hadn't had previously.

Evidently, where they were headed this time wasn't meant to be pleasant!

Pollack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:37 am
Imani's expression fell in an instant at his harsh snap of a response back to her. Well, if someone had pissed on his meat the last time they had met then this time one could say someone had outright stolen the damn thing with how sour his mood was! A jolt of anger surged through her for a moment before it was quelled down to a glimmer deep down within her chest. Something was happening to cause his sudden change in temperament. Given their previous discussion it didn't put a genius to put together that the previous threat he had skirted around had risen it's head.

No one brought those kinds of weapons or numbers to a casual ******** get together between friends.

Her dark eyes scanned amongst the war band surging forward past her. It certainly wasn't a sight that one saw every day, much less a sight that one could say go past them rather than towards. Back when she had previously followed them one could mistake them as on holiday! Why they were moving forward with a purpose most in the group seemed relax, tending to their hobbies and finding entertainment amongst themselves. Now the air was so thick with tension you could cut it with a knife. They had, in every sense of the word, gotten straight down to business, to defeat what though would be the main question.

Her lips pursed tighter and tighter as her eyes followed them further. They were heading right in the direction that she had come from. Aside from low beaches and jungle there were only two targets that would pose any real worth: The Bahari and their neighbors The Kizi.

Argh! Damn it all!

Mumbling a string of curses under her breath she discarded her previous work off to the side without a second thought. She knew that meddling in the affairs of high-strung and strained Stormborn could be categorically placed under one of the most idiotic ideas of all time, but what other choice did she have? She couldn't outrun them, and she sure as hell could not sit content on her arse why a member of her family was potentially in the direct line of fire for what looked to be an all out war.

She really hoped whatever gods of Bullshit Luck and Mercy were out there she hoped they would be on her side today.

Taking one final breath Imani slipped from her perch, head held high, with enough anxiety to make even the most collected lion jittery with nerves, she began to walk steadfast along the same path as the war band were walking. She would stay a reasonable distance from them, and would not engage in any conversation, she could only hope that would be enough to keep her from being turned into the next war trophy pelt!

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 am
Her actions were enough to cause several of the lions to shift their gazes towards her. They recognised her after all, she'd caused a stir the first time in being the twin of one of their captives, no less...the thrall of their Captain. As time had progressed however she had simply installed herself (albeit periodically) in their lives. Every now and then their paths would cross and she, being the brave lion she was, would spar with their Captain verbally until such times as they both got bored...or simply had to move on.

She was to be credited for her behaviour in these moments, even Tethys would concede as much as his own gaze slid backwards. Her actions had not been missed, she had practically dumped whatever project she had been working on to follow them. It wasn't the most intelligent thing she could have done, in most cases she really should have been shooed off, but there was something about the manner in which she walked that seemed to imply there was something more personal going on.

A family member?

A lover?

Tethys slowed, if only for a moment to close the gap between himself on the lioness. His band knew the way and didn't need him at the forefront to reach their destination, though he would take the helm again eventually. "It would be ill advised to follow us on this occasion," he advised and shook his head, his tone a touch more soft than it had been before.

"You will get hurt," he added. He didn't explain further, she would make her own decisions and he was perceptive enough to know this, but she was entitled to the warning at the very least...

Pollack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm
She had to admit that this idiotic plan of hers was going off relatively well. Though she was sparred a few glances by the other members of the warband (something she was fully expecting) none had made any moves to prevent her from following or tell her off about knowing her place.

...Oh well, no one had until the infamous, and all too familiar, Captain of the warband turned around to greet her.

Oh. s**t.

Sucking in a deep breath through her nose Imani lifted her head as she firmly planted her feet to the ground, preparing herself for a full-on argument with him. It might have been a false air of provado, something that Tethys would most likely see through in an instant, but it did firmly set the message that she had no intention of stopping her path. Come hell or high water she was going to be accompanying them.

His change in tone and warning caused her to blink in confusing. Her expression and stature softened as she regarded him with a wary expression. "Tethys," She began, her own tone much gentler than what she had first been anticipating. "Thank you for the warning, I do appreciate the sentiment. However..." She trailed off for a moment, her eyes casting down as she took a moment to reconsider her decision.

No. She had to do this. She had already lost her family once before, and had only just be reunited with them! She wasn't going to stand idly by why they were in possible danger.

"I have to do this. You're going to the Bahari, correct?" She nodded her head in the direction of the rest of the band still making their way to their destination. "My bother is there, I was just getting done visiting him after reuniting with him after years." Letting out a deep sigh her eyes lifted upwards to meet up with his. "Surely you can understand the need to ensure that your family is protective, that is part of what your crusade is about, is it not?" She remarked with the hint of a smile tugging at her lips.

"I understand it's dangerous, I understand I might even be killed if I continue with you. I accept this responsibility and any harm that comes to me falls on my head, and mine alone-" Letting out a bitter snicker her head shook, "Quite literally in some circumstances."

"If you truly wish for me to stop following your band, I will. I'll let you go on your way in peace and simply reroute myself to ensure I don't accidentally cross your path again and make sure I don't get in your way." Pursing her lips her expression steeled it's self once more as she finished out her sentence, "But don't mistake that as me giving up on making my way to the Bahari, I will be heading there one way or another. I will be there to support and offer any protection to my family that I can. So, the question is now.."

"Will you allow me to travel once more with your warband or not, Captain Tethys?"
Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am
Her twin was significantly more strategic and logical.

Nanabe would have known that she would prove utterly useless based on her lack of combat expertise. If anything she would be a burden, either killed or relegated to the sidelines where those who couldn't provide aid should be kept. However, to point this out to Imani would be like talking to a wall and the lioness would do as she damn well pleased no matter what was said to her. She'd made her decision, and as with the majority of females, she was being ruled by emotion rather than practicality.

"I will not be responsible for your death," he stated simply as he strode away again.

It wasn't a refusal but nor was it an acceptance of her request. All in all, it had very much been left up in the air and it seemed on this occasion, the Captain had already acknowledged that his decision was irrelevant, so why bother making one? The ball was in Imani's court on this one and if she was determined to make her way back towards her brother's home then he had no doubt she would do so... but there was probably much more safety in numbers than in going it alone.

After all, phantoms picked off anything that showed resistance and she would positively radiate with that stubbornness of her's!

Pollack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 am
Truth be told, anyone in her family could arguably be claimed as far more strategic and logical in this moment. Why her siblings would have gotten the hint and realized that there was a time and place for everything, Imani's stubbornness and drive to ensure her family was safe clouded her common sense.

If she died this day at the very least in her tombstone they could put, 'She was an idiot, but a brave idiot.'

Her back straightened at his curt response as a shudder of relief ran up her spine. "O-of course!" She called out in agreement. It might not have been the grand (if not reluctant) display of acceptance she was hoping for but it did it's job in driving the point across.

Her life was in her own paws going forward. No one else could be blamed or held responsible for her idiotic mistakes.

Still, despite the overwhelming since of dread welling up in her stomach Imani surged forward to follow behind Tethys' heels.

It was a few long minutes of silence between them before Imani finally broke the tension, "So..." She drawled out, her lips pursing tightly together. "At the very least could you explain to me why the threat you hinted at before has set it's sight on the Bahari? Or is that classified?" She inquired, her eyebrows drawn tightly up as she looked to him with half-hearted expectations.

If the theme of today was going to be continuing forward then she highly doubted she would be receiving any valuable information at the rather stressed Captain today! But, who knows? He just might have it in him to surprise her after all.

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas