Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Meeting a Shogun (Usahtiel & Lifa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 pm
User Image

A purred huff escaped the lithe cheetah's throat at the sight of the mountains towering above her. It was tiring work making it this far, but the journey would be well worth it, she hoped. Tiel had made it her goal to climb these peaks, to see what lay on the other side, and today was the day she did so. Perhaps then.... then she could find her purpose. Her home. It'd be nice, to finally settle somewhere. Yes, she was looking forward to whatever she'd find up there.

Granted, she had no idea whether she'd find what she was seeking up there. Hell, she didn't even know what she was looking for. But it was just... a gut feeling. Women's intuition, and her mother had taught her to listen to those instincts.

So, with an added trot to her gait, Usahtiel pushed herself forward, claws clicking against the rocks as she ascended. It was quite the climb though, she thought with a grunt. She'd started hours ago, and it just got steeper and steeper. She had an amazing view though. Give her a fresh kill and a cool stream, and she would taken a break right here to enjoy it. Alas, there didn't seem to be very good hunting this high up. And as a cheetah, her strengths lay with a long stretch of land and a good chase. She would have to pass on that luxury.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 pm
MangoMeow

Doma was barren and void of life, but the signs remained of bodies and life frozen when others fled the sickness. Finding the home that she was raised with so lifeless was hard. Bodies plucked clean by scavengers laid to rest as best as one lion could, and a shrine...

Gods but not finding Shun's body with his father's was a weak hope. Enough to tell her Kaien had willingly remained at his people's sides until the last. Now, however, he was enshrined to continue protecting the land, and Laif....

She had to find blood. Old, new -- her lessons spoke clearly as an adolescent. If anything happened to Kaien and Shun - likely Hien now - she had to see to the pride.

The Domans needed her, and now, and so she'd begun her journey anew -- seeking new and old as she climbed for the Savannah adeptly, walking placidly before sighting a flicker of movement, a smaller figure, and her nose twitched.

Was someone approaching? Laid blinked, and slowly-- carefully - she moved down, approaching the female slowly.

"Hello?" Laif called. She swallowed -- it was her first meeting as the acting ruler, and she...

Lacked the calm and charisma of Kaien or Hien.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:57 pm
Of all the things she was expecting to find up here, a lioness was not high on that list. Brown ears flicked forward at the voice calling out, and a quick glance around confirmed that there was someone else here. She didn't seem terribly mean though, which put to rest any immediate concerns of being attacked. Which was good, the last thing she wanted was to have to fight or flee while so high up. A fall from here would not end well.

With a calm flick of her tail, Usahtiel sat daintily back on her hindquarters and nodded a purred greeting. "Why hello. I wasn't expecting to meet someone here."

The last she'd heard, these lands had been abandoned by their owners. Well, abandoned was probably not the right word. Rumor had it that this place had been overcome with illness, and it had ended with the decimation of the pride living here. A tragedy, as the pride was said to be an honorable one. Time had healed that wound though, and despite the suspicious mutterings and cautions of others, the cheetah was confident that it was safe to travel here once more.

And evidently, she would get to meet a native regardless.

That said, she seemed, for lack of a better word, nervous. It had Tiel cocking her head to the side, wondering what could have brought that one. She didn't think she was all that intimidating - by looks, anyway. Living as a rogue for so long, she was confident in using her speed and agility to win a fight when needed, but she was often mistaken as an easy target due to her smaller stature. So she doubted that this lioness' nerves were due to that.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:49 pm
MangoMeow

Someone WAS coming, and Laif was soom on her paws moving over, the white, silver, blue, and teal lioness approaching with a curious gaze.

"What brings you to the borders of the Domans? Are you a survivor?" She asked. There was hope in her tone - another rogue-joining member before the catastrophe would be nice to find, and if not... Laif would work with it. She would!

"If you're an outsider though, I'm afraid there's nobody I know of living, but there was, when I was younger."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm
Tiel took a moment to observe the lioness in front of her. A member of this former pride? Well, that indeed made this an encounter worth having! And it made the journey up here completely worth it, although she still planned on seeing the Doman land herself.

With a shake of her head, the cheetah smiled, "Sorry, I'm not a survivor." Her ears flicked up, "I've come to see what remains of your pride though." She cast a glance wistfully over the top of the mountain, "I've heard many stories of the Domans. I wanted to meet all of you myself." She hummed, "I was afraid I was too late."

She grinned then, looking back at the lioness, "Though it looks like the Domans have not completely died out. My name is Usahtiel. What's your name?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm
MangoMeow

People.. Still wished to see?

"My naqme is Lifa." She introduced, and smiled. The lioness madee no move to threaqten, but she was considering all of her words carefully, afraid to misspeak.

"I grew up among the Domans - I fled home and was taken in by King Kaien and raised along with his heir, Shun... Though I'm sure his name is Hien, now." The female sighed, a long, slow sigh.

"I've yet to find others, but I left... To find my blood-family, to save them from our wicked birth pride and bring them home to Doma, so my half sister can be safe... My brothers... But when I returned, many died. It looked like illness. Kaien has passed, and my brother is missing but if a shogun is acceptable as a guide, I may show you the territory, if you wish to see it. I can show you our shrines and our old dens... Everything, if you're interested?"

But she also wanted to find help. To rebuild, to... Save her home. For that... She needed to find others. But...

"And if you'd like, I would not be offended if you might see home in Doma still?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 pm
Tiel's ears flicked up in interest then. A shogun? Raised alongside the heir? Well, she'd managed to stumble across someone very important indeed.

Best to be polite then. She lowered her head a bow, before coming back up,
"It's good to meet you, Lifa." She paused, considering her next words carefully, "I'm sure others will return as well, now that the sickness has passed. And," she gave a soft chuckle, "I'm certainly not opposed to having a guide, though you sound a tad over-qualified for the job. I'd be a fool not to be interested."

She stood back on her feet, tail flicking thoughtfully behind her. She sounded... not desperate, but yearning? Tiel wasn't sure, and she couldn't blame her for it. She could understand the desire to bring back her home, and looking at her now.... well, she may take her up on that offer, if only to help, though more likely to find a place to belong.

She would see, but first.... "Now, lady guide, where should we go first? I'd love to see everything about Doman life."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm
MangoMeow

To this, Lifa - Laif once - laughed.

"I was born common, don't worry so much." She admitted.

"Well, the first place I can suggest is the Shrine to King Jimmu." Lifa explained softly. "He was the first king of the Domans... And his birth ended generations of war. His was the blood of a god and mortal."

The lioness moved, guiding Tiel through paths and trails for the shrine, humming.

"His bones remain, enshrined for his spirit to remain as a kami and protect us.... Well. I suppose even theyu take breaks!"

Lifa giggled, smiling softly.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 pm
Usahtiel padded softly beside her, ears tilted up in interest. At Lifa's joke, she gave a chortle. "Yes, I suppose so." She paused to glance up at the sky, and then hummed in thought. "Though I imagine he wishes he could have stopped the sickness from happening."

Shaking her head, the cheetah smiled once more with a nod, "Well, with his shrine still here and intact, I'm sure that the Domans will be able to make a prosperous recovery." Yes, she was sure of that. They were said to be a strong pride, and she had to admit that she would love to see if regain it's former glory.

"Well, let's visit this shrine then." She said cheerfully, "I would love to see it for myself."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:55 pm
MangoMeow

"Likely." Lifa nodded, sighing and moving. "It's near to the youngest... Those royals whom ascend to kamihood... They're the ones who protect, and the shrines are close. Aftwer, would... Youlike to see the Shrine of King Kaien?"

Lifa breathed.

"I found father's body among our pride, which means he looked after them until they passed... Which means he must still watch our land."

Plus it would be nice to have someone visit. It may yet mean hope.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:12 pm
Tiel's ears pulled back briefly, considering her words carefully as she looked ahead of them. Considering who he was to her, she was surprised that Lifa would be alright with her visiting his shrine. Then again, perhaps it would help serve as closure, and... it would not hurt to pay her respects to someone who clearly cared deeply for his pride.

Nodding slowly, the cheetah softly replied, "I would love to. I'm sure he'll be happy to see signs of the land flourishing under your care."

Taking another glance back at the lioness, she pondered over how hard it must have been for her. Most, if not all, of her pride - lost, though hopefully not forever. She seemed a lonely soul, someone wanting companionship.

And it seemed remiss of Tiel not to at least provide that. Perhaps this was the kind of belonging she has been searching for, and she was already interested in the Domans to begin with.

Food for thought, but for now.... Tiel smiled, "Well then, let's not keep either of them waiting, shall we?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:27 pm
MangoMeow
i wanna steal you for plots now. XD And Tiel might work for a Retainer! <3 They get along well as friends. c: I'll update stuff

"He was the only father I knew. And he cared for people. I think he'd simply be glad to meet a new face and know Doma is not forgotten." Lifa beamed, smiling to the cheetah, and nodded, moving towards the pride territorial, feeling... A little less scared and worried. Maybe she could do this, but not alone, and she smiled a little.

"Would you help me find others... Maybe?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 pm
A brown ear flicked in surprise, as the cheetah glanced thoughtfully back at the lioness. Lonely indeed, and someone in need of a friend. Yes, perhaps she was meant to help this one.

Tiel turned her gaze back up, scanning the path ahead of them. No, not just Lifa. This pride needed aid as well. It had always fascinated her prior to coming here, and in it's prime, it would have been a marvelous group to behold. She would love to help it return to its former glory.

With a smile, she finally nodded. "I would be happy to help."

NovaCracker
Sounds good! I'm always up for plottage~

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas