Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Spar - Atlantis] Sparks (Melvin/Rep) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 am
He had slowly started talking with Rep and felt at least things were improving now that Jordan was back with him, clearing Melvin's name a bit in the process, and by Rep letting him help at the Halloween party. He at least didn't make the entire bar go up in flames at least.

In the training fields, he watched Rep approach and decided it best to explain things up front. "Okay, just a heads up, but I won't be using Saliva. I'll be using something else." He moved to the bench and selected the correct rod before showing it to Rep. With a push of a button, the blade shot out revealing it as a sword.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:29 am

Rep looked tired, he always seemed to these days, his usual grizzled and scarred self but less belligerent, less ready to push back and snap. He seemed less like a wild animal and more like one which had been in a cage too long, forgetting what it meant to be truly afraid. He was dressed in his usual lazy way and nodded to Melvin as he explained he wouldn't be using his normal weapon.

"Where did you get that?" he asked, feeling grimly like he already knew the answer and that answer was probably tied to Atlantis and its ongoing bullshit.

"But fine, a spar's a spar. As long as it doesn't do anything too ******** horibble to me."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:09 am
Rep looked rough. Looking back with rose-colored glasses to when he and Rep were still close friends, he had seen him more energized to fight, more outwardly ready to take things on, and without the feeling of overall gray.

Water. Tiger. Other side of a Queen's card.

Family man. Paranoid fighter. Battle-worn.

Deus-worn.

Life-worn.

"Atlantis." He answered, not about to hide it with Rep. "It won't do anything horrible. It's like a normal weapon where it take energy. It just hits harder than my gun, so tell me when to stop. "

He took a breathe. "Close range....isn't what I'm used to." He admitted.

"Ready when you are."

Baneful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Rep grinned as best he could. "We'll ******** see how it goes then I guess." he said and reached out to one side, summoning Tracey to hands, the shadows coiling around his arm with familiarity and ease, shaping into the enormous lethal axe.

With the weapon in hand it was amazing how he seemed to come to life, the light returning to his eyes and a genuine smile taking the place of the forced one of moments before.

"Born ready." he said.

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 am
"Alright." He said, watching Rep's body shed off a layer of gray to bristle back to life. It was both nice to see yet concerning to know that Rep lived for battle, and a constant state of near-death was where he looked happy.

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Fighting was what he lived for. It was what he was good at and what he'd become better and better at over time. Tracey and him moved as one being, even if they didn't always agree on things. This was what they bonded over, this was what they synced on.

<> Tracey offered brightly.

Rep knew from the first swing that he felt rusty and that he was going to have to shake off that rust. Fighting people was a much more intellectual ball game compared to monsters. But still, sometimes you just couldn't go wrong with a good old fashioned sweeping swing.

HP: 60/60
DMG: 13
Charge: 1/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 11 Total: 12 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:46 pm
He forgot how it felt to go up against a real fighter. Someone who was a full hunter but had such a strong bond with their weapon and such passion for fighting that it was conveyed in each sweeping movement and each pull of muscle as they cut through the air with the experience of years and anguish of mistakes.

Moving with the muscle memory of so many fights compounded on top of each other into layers.

The hit struck hard and Melvin jerked back, stumbled as he tried to regain footing. Close combat had never been his style, and yet he always distantly hungers for something more personal and intimate. Something that he could feel against him, and he gasped as he tried to catch his breath from the blunt force that had sparked against his shield.

"Damn. Been a while since I felt a swing like that." And he felt jittery with adrenaline as he sidestepped and rushed back in, swinging wide. His weapon was slender, less bulky, and he hoped to go after points where he could easily swing around Tracey.

HP: 47/60
DMG: 8  
Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 12 Total: 16 (2-24)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Rep smirked. "I'm normally fighting monsters and zombies and s**t. It's nice to fight a person again."

The way Melvin held the weapon was awkward and he could see it, the unfamiliarity showing in the way he moved. He all but let him land the blow mainly out of curiosity, not even making the smallest effort to dodge but twisting Tracey around as a direct punishment for his efforts.

"So thanks." he said.

HP: 52/60
DMG: 10
Charge: 2/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 pm
He took the hit, not able to avoid it so suddenly and gritted his teeth as he grunted under the hard force of the axe against his shield.

"I haven't done much fighting outside missions. A few spars here and there, but not a lot of full hunters. Just a lot of preaching to newbies the entire time." He said as he tried to get a better grip and tried to slash out again, adjusting his grip on the odd weapon.

"Being this close is so strange."

HP: 37/60
DMG: 4

Baneful

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 pm

"I'm never really that ******** close." Rep said. "Tracey is ******** huge, it's always a certain amount of distance. I'm a middle distance fighter." He nodded.

"And ********, I've done too much fighting. Too many horrible ******** things, it gets to your head eventually, civilians are so ******** fragile. Be glad you've done a lot of talking, it's better in the end."

He swung again and Tracey lit up, followed by a very toothy smile.

HP: 48/60
DMG: 5
Charge: 3/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 7 Total: 17 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am

"Would like to kill if I knew they would stay down. So much work feels like keeping a tide back."

The hit wasn't as surprising as the charge and Melvin stepped back as he eyed the weapon. He's seen Tracey in action. Knew what he could do. His eyes went to Rep. "Make it count." He said with a smile as he moved into swipe at his arm.

Hp:32
Dmg: 13  
Baneful rolled 10 12-sided dice: 10, 6, 12, 10, 2, 11, 5, 3, 3, 4 Total: 66 (10-120)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm

"It's always a tide. It's always hundreds against the few. Zombies. People. Monsters. It's always just us, small and almost invisible in front of them. And you have to just keep going, you need to keep ******** fighting till there's no more fight in you. I used to hate it but now its my ******** life, it's all I ******** know and I love for this, for the here and now."

And he let Tracey have what he wanted, launching himself from the ground, up and up and up into the air. In his wake a spreading red magic circle burned on the earth. It was like flying, it always felt like flying and sometimes he wished he could just never come down.

But it always caught up, slowing and slowing until he twisted and brought the axe around, everything speeding up, his stomach leaping up into his throat as he fell heavily back down towards the earth, the roar of the wind and the speed of it all a thrill in itself. In the moment there was no difference between himself and Tracey, one and the same, tangled up together inextricably.

He slammed into Melvin like a freight train, throwing the feathered edge of the blade against his shield. In the moment he always waited for blood, for that horrible indicator he'd ******** up again, but as he stepped back, panting and breathless, it was with relief that there was none to be seen.

HP: 35/60
DMG: 30
Charge: 3/3 - 99 Problems + Artifact used

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am
He eatched as Rep leapt up higher than what felt possible for a man and axe of that size. The ground caught on fire, burning a mark that he had never seen before when fighting with Rep and foreshadowed a power he hadn't met before. Eyes wide. He looked up as Rep defended, bracing for contact like a metorite coming back after re-entry., a tail of red blazing behind him.

It wasn't a force from the front or side but one like a sledgehammer to a nail, and he felt his legs buckle under the impact before falling back and away with the final weight of the axe and the man behind it. There was only the feeble resisents of his shield that crackled and sparked as ut quickly raced to enforce itself before he fell back and landed on his a**, sword tumbling over its ends before falling into the grass.

Gasping, he waved both hands up. "Uncle...uncle. I give up. My shield is...it's nothing." He dropped his hands down to exhale and fell back into the grass to breath, his body aching from such a quick drain. He chuckled a little as he stared ******** just....you lit the ground with that. I feel like a pancake."

HP: 2  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:55 am

Rep lowered Tracey to the ground and gave Melvin a grin, genuinely relieved he was all right. It had been a long time since he turned his charge on another hunter and historically the results had been terrible.

"Good fight though." he said, still out of breath and thrumming with adrenaline. "It's good to get a fight in, like ******** old times."

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm
"Like old ******** times." He repeated, liking the sound of that.

He slowly sat up and felt that any fast movement would tear his fragile shield apart. "Been a while to fight someone who knows how to handle their weapon. Been fighting newbies too much. Ithers don't even enjoy it lije it's an unnecessary waste."

He looked ay the smoldering circle Rep left. "That's new."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces