Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Spar - Atlantis] Draining (Melvin/Lawr) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:04 am
Melvin had been on the fields working out. He had been aiming with Saliva to quell her insatiable hunger while he had the rods set out behind him in hopes of scouting the training fields for sources of energy. With the wards, it was safe to fight with the weapon without injuring a hunter.

Atlantis was on his mind and Babel was a constant reminder of the urgency of his task. The fish current floating in wide, slow circles above him.

Baneful

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 am

Lawrence was in the mood to rack up a few spars, unphased by the injuries he'd sustained at Peyton's hand just the day before, so it was that he showed up at the training fields, dressed in clothing which was very out of character for him, apparently he'd decided that spars were simply too dangerous for his carefully bleached and pristine white casual wear and had decided instead to head over to fish for some spars wearing the sort of thing he wore while cleaning instead.

That was why on arrival at the training field that way Lawr was dressed in a t-shirt for a metal band he'd never listened to and a pair of jeans which were a little too big for him, held up by a careful belt. He had his long hair tied back in a ponytail and hardly looked like himself, leaning more towards an art teacher on a smoke break rather than the pristine and meticulous appearance he normally cultivated.

The whole look was offset by the matching black eyes he had and the scabbed over but still visible cut on his lower lip.

Spotting Melvin he headed over. "Fancy meeting you here." he crooned amicably. "Interested in a spar?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:02 am
He hadn't talked to Lawr since the Halloween party, still pained and angry by Lawr and Rodney's show. He also pushed himself to feel justified for shutting his window that night, cutting off any owl visitations, but still couldn't help feel a shadow of guilt and fear from the awaiting reprecussions of Lawr being driven to attack him.

He saw him before he heard him and whatever anger he had built up, the mental rehearsal of what he would say when he saw Lawr again, vanished in the moment.

He moved to meet him, hands raised up to cup his face. "What the hell happened?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 am
Lawrence gave Melvin a friendly smile.”Just a spar.” He said without too much concern. “Butch says it will heal up fine. Peyton took please stop hitting my face as permission to go to town on it. He shrugged. “Figured I should get some spars in while it mends, brush up a little opportunistically.  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 am
He dropped his hands. "Oh."

He reminded him of his script, of his resolve that had just faltered, and stepped to the bench he kept his things. Despite wanting to assure Lawr he would heal well, to joke that he remained handsome, he didn't feel like playing the smoothing ex at the moment when no such respect and tender words were given to him that one night.

"Seems you are just in a mood to start fights with people.." He grabbed the rod, turning to him. "Needed another thrill?"

"Does that mean your face is available?"

Baneful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Lawrence gave Melvin the sort of flat blank look he tended to revert to when he wasn't sure what he was dealing with. He couldn't tell if Melvin was irritated or just being playful.

"I want to get stronger Melvin." he said. "Of course I do. I need to give my dog adequate walkies."

He smirked. "But my face is most certainly always available to you."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:13 pm
He glared at him. "Cause I never need a invitation. Like you said."

Moving over to the bench, he set Saliva aside and pulled out one of the rods he had been given, this one looking almost identical to the one Lawr saw when they were in the zoo mission.

"Fine. You try and win against me." He pressed a thumb against the rod sending a blade sliding out from one end.

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 am

Lawrence smirked broadly.

"I'll do more than try." he said, summoning his talons to hand.

"I'll even give you the first swing, stick or not. Come on."

And he beckoned him tauntingly.

HP:60/60
DMG: Nope
Charge: 0/3

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 6, 10 Total: 16 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 am
"You really don't have much you can bet on winning." Melvin pointed out.

Not used to taking any stances with a close range weapon, but trying his best to keep a solid footing as he held onto the sword.

"Maybe I should just keep going for the face. You had no problem going after mine." Turning, he rushed forward, knowing that talons and sword had to meet at some point. As he did, he swung in a wide arch across Lawr's chest.

HP: 60/60
Dmg: 14  
Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 2, 12 Total: 14 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 am

"No. I don't." said Lawr coldly, evidently as wounded as he got at his lack of money being pointed out. He'd lived his youth in a household where money was scarce at best and two parents struggled to give their four children the best start they possibly could. Lawrence's medications and treatments had been a huge drain on finances and he'd felt the dislike daily. He'd left it all behind with more money than anyone could hope for, only to once again find himself set back by his own flaws."I don't have anything. Less than nothing. Thanks for reminding me that I am poor and unsatisfying."

If Melvin hit him in the face he was going to throw a complete tantrum, but instead he slashed him across the chest with enough force to knock the air out of his lungs and send him sprawling on the floor heavily.

"Augh." he groaned, trying to catch his breath and finding himself a little buzzed from the lack of oxygen. "I went for your throat." he said. "Not your face."

And as if to illustrate this, he picked himself up and swiped the talons in that very direction.

HP:46/60
DMG: 8
Charge: 1/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 4 Total: 16 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am

He glared at him, waiting for the hit back with the talons and stumbling back.
"You could go after my face. Apparently I only attract sluts or only on the menu when your b***h husband wants a fling. Or let him go after the guy I'm with cause you don't seem to give a ******** about any of it." He gritted back. "Only go after my throat when it's you and me and a long night."

He moved in again, slashing out.

HP: 52/60
Dmg: 12  
Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-24)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:23 pm

"Don't you dare call him a b***h." Lawrence said with very definite intent. "He's done nothing to you. He was under the influence of the drinks, that was the situation."

He splayed Butch to the full spread of the claws. "But there was no excuse for how you behaved. I got a close look at exactly how you have always felt."

And he swung out again irritably.

HP:34/60
DMG: 4
Charge: 2/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-24)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:48 am
"You don't know anything! Your husband is a c###! And you're worse from voming up to hit on Nash and offer him what you won't give me. Like I'm some used up trash. You saying you love me and want me is absolute bullshit to keep me around for - for entertainment. To watch me and hook up with the guys I'm with arm in arm with that ******** Rodney. It's not enough he took you."

"He has done everything wrong and now you are just going along with his shitty smug face."

The sword lunged out to try and pierce his heart.

HP: 48
Dmg: 9  
Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 5, 11 Total: 16 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

Lawrence exhaled in something that was part sigh, part huff of irritation.

"If you think it is for entertainment then clearly you never knew me at all." Lawrence said as he recovered from the stab of pain that was Melvin driving a blade into his shield. "And if you think that I in my right mind and he in his would ever dream of doing something as rude as buttering up you and someone you cared about then you must truly believe the things people say about me."

He narrowed his eyes. "I'm dissapointed Melvin. I'm dissapointed if you doubt my love for you, but like everything else in my life, I suppose I'm not surprised."

And he lunged for him, digging his claws in as he raked them across the other man's shield.

HP:25/60
DMG: 10
Charge: 3/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm

He tossed the sword down and moved in, not much as they were already claw to sword, and grabbed his coat. "Why? After all these years?! Why do you doubt me all the time? Don't I have reason to doubt you now? After all - a year away. A year with him? How do I know you haven't moved on? How do I know you aren't happy now? Gone as the happy husband? Because he gave you what I couldn't?"

HP: 38
--  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas