Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Healthy Living
Incense or Essential Oils?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourPerfectWaitress
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

9,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm
I want to apologize ahead of time if I am not posting this in the correct forum. sweatdrop

I know Spenelli had mentioned a future discussion about essential oils, but she is currently away at the moment. (We hope you are feeling better and hope for more stability in your life in the meantime!) I was hoping to hear from others who have used or still use incense, essential oils, or both.

I just started to buy some cheap incense from Wal-Mart after I found a lovely dragon statue that turned out to be an incense holder. I didn't even know incense came in the form of cones so I bought some of those and some sticks. I really like them. I have heard of essential oils before, but could never decide on which ones to buy.

I suppose I should ask about any health benefits or issues they could cause, because I don't have much experience with these. I adore candles, so I thought I might try a different alternative to lovely scents. Any suggestions?

~Aliannie  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am
Only once has my nose and throat felt a bit dry from what I believe was having both my heater on and incense burning as I fell asleep in a closed room. Other than that, I know of no health issues. My mom uses an oil infuser in her home, but I prefer the fire to the water.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

YourPerfectWaitress
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

9,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 am
Different...Very.
Only once has my nose and throat felt a bit dry from what I believe was having both my heater on and incense burning as I fell asleep in a closed room. Other than that, I know of no health issues. My mom uses an oil infuser in her home, but I prefer the fire to the water.

I tried some incense and I have to say that Myrrah is my favorite. I have some lavender for an essential oil that I use in the bath or in my air purifier. I'm leaning more towards oils just because I'm afraid my cat will try to chew on the incense. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm
Aliannie

Aw, thank you. :3 That made me happy to see you cared.

I'm doing better the past week but things have been very bad for me mentally. I almost got sent back to the hospital cause I was so depressed. But I have decided to go live with my brother in another state. I really need a fresh start and some family who care. Things have been great since then cause I know I'm leaving, haha.

Yes, this is a great place for this post. The main forum is fine too. Incense and essential oils are both great. I'm glad you're still using both. smile Lavender is my favorite essential oil. You can put it in your lotion too. Just be careful of your eyes. There are charts online how to mix it correctly. But if you're just putting a few drops in the bath it's no big deal. I think I used 25 drops for a small bottle of lotion. I use it pure in my humidifier. It has a spot for Vicks Medicine and I put essential oil in instead, haha. Sometimes peppermint but I'm afraid it might melt the plastic. xD

I actually had the exact dragon you are talking about, haha. Walmart out here has sold it forever, it's weird. I got mine like 10 years ago but I still see them on the shelf, haha. I gave mine away when I moved. I do that a lot with stuff people like, give it to them to remember me.

Look into some real sage, it's hard to get going but it smells up the room really fast and smells really good. It's regarded as a tool for different religions, they believe it removes negative energy.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep up on the guild, it hasn't been as rewarding as I thought. I'm hoping someone else can take over as leader. I still kind of want to make the oils guide though, haha. I would like to be in this guild as a member not the owner, haha. I just don't have the time for it and I shut down sometimes due to other things.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Healthy Living

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers