Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[R1 Winner] Waguli Taipa vs. [Amaris]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 3!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:40 pm
Amaris was new to all this since she joined late last season. She was hoping to prove herself as a decent dueler at any rate. She figured if she lost it would be alright regardless, this was just for talk and show. She wasn't much of a bragger so she was hoping to see how things turned out. She squared off against her partner and gave a bow. "Good luck." She said with a smile.

Anderleit

Anderleit generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 6!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:26 pm
Despite being born into the pride, Waguli felt like she'd been living her life on autopilot. Stay quiet and do what needed to be done, day in, day out... She was stifled! She needed a change! That's why signing herself up for the Sky Festival had seemed like such a good idea...

Now, it just seemed crazy.

She faced her opponent with an answering nod, and a nervous smile. "And to you." The smile slipped from her face as she began to circle the other lion, looking for an opening. Nothing to worry about. She'd just think of this like any other hunt.

AstoriaFallen

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Anderleit generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:38 pm
But she couldn't seem to manage anything except circling. Try as she might, the urge to attack her opponent just wouldn't come. It was easy when she was hunting, but this wasn't just some wildebeest. Staring across at eyes so similar to her own, the tattooed lioness couldn't figure out where to begin.

Come to think of it, Waguli couldn't immediately remember ever hitting someone else before. Even when her sisters had positively infuriated her, the idea of striking them... Well, it had honestly never crossed her mind. She'd spent her cubhood singing and dancing much more than she had play-fighting. She struck out rather feebly with her teeth, but snapped nothing but air. Maybe if she'd had a bit more of the latter, she wouldn't be choking right now.

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm
It would seem she would go second, which was alright for her. At least it would give her a general idea of what to look out for when it came to her movements. The other female struck out and Amaris was able to duck and took a swing of her own and missed as well. It would seem they were starting out to a even match.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm
The lioness shook her head, snorting in disgust. Come on - she had to get her head in the game! Maybe she had been a little rash throwing her lot in for the Ceremony, but now that she was here...! She couldn't just do nothing! Her only saving grace just now was that the other lioness seemed as new to this as she was.

Waguli feinted left, as if she would resume her slow circling, before striking out for her opponent's cheek. Just a light tap, nothing serious, but at least she would be able to say that she got a hit in.

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 pm
As her partner made the next move it resulted in a decent strike and Amaris took the moment to re position herself and strike out, her paw connecting with fur. Despite being a little uncertain about the whole thing she was actually beginning to enjoy herself.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 pm
She gasped at the returned hit, instinctively hopping away. There was something nice about this, as long as you didn't think about it too much. Narrowing her eyes at the other lioness, Waguli cut to the right with a swipe at her flank. She couldn't help but grin at the impact. That one felt like the most solid hit yet!  
AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm
That was the benefit of having gone first, being the first to land a hit, though it had taken then both into their second go to land a hit and so far it would seem that her opponent might take the game with this. Even if she somehow managed to sneak past a 3rd hit, there was a chance she might miss.

She was starting to get nervous. She had landed a good second hit and Amaris went in for a good swing and felt a solid connect in return. One more on either side, who would get to three first.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:41 pm
With a family full of performers, she'd spent a lot of time on the sidelines. So she knew what spectators liked, more or less. As far as Waguli was concerned, no one could say that hadn't put on a good show. Sure they'd started slow, but now it was neck-and-neck - and she was trying really hard not to feel the pressure.

The solid hit rattled her though, enough so that she wasn't one-hundred percent confident in the way she lunged forward. Her teeth bared as she kicked out for the passing lioness and clenched tight as she felt nothing but the whiff of wind under her pads.

AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm
This was it, this was her chance! It was possible she could make a solid connection and take the win and then there was the off chance that she would miss, and that was much more likely in her mind. As her opponent missed she did a small sidestep to get a better angle and reached out with a left paw and felt a connection and she couldn't help but feel a smile spread across her lips. She had just won!

Stepping back she gave a small shake and she gazed at the female and gave a bow. "That was actually a lot of fun." She said looking around for a moment. "You fought well."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:59 pm
A groan rolled from Waguli's throat at the touch, and she shook her hind leg reflexively, as if the limb had betrayed her. It was all in good spirit, though. When she turned back toward the victor, it was with a wide grin. "It was, a bit," she had to admit, laughing at the compliment. "I don't think I'd call that fighting well, though. Maybe I'll ask you for some tips when you win."

She bowed back, although the grin was even wider when she came back up. "I will be rooting for you to win, you know. It'll be so much better if I can say I lost to the future Champion.

"...I'm Waguli Taipa, by the way. Mind if I ask the name of my new Sky Ceremony favorite?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm
While it wasn't a true fight it had still been sporting and that was good enough for her. "I don't think i'd be the one to ask for tips." She gave a light laugh as this was the first time she'd ever dueled anyone. Hunting didn't really qualify as a fight but it was easy to relate to given the agility aspect.

"I appreciate that. I don't think I'll get TOO far given this is my first time but maybe I'll have beginners luck." giving a chuckle she wondered if there was a chance she'd win.

"I'm Amaris, it's nice to meet you Waguli Taipa."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm
"Hey, don't underestimate yourself!" Waguli insisted, chuckling. "Or luck, for that matter. I look forward to seeing how you do." Sure, maybe she'd been one of the easier first opponents to go up against. But that just meant a little practice was in her future. Maybe she'd be crazy enough to sign up again next year...

The idea brought a smile to her face. A lot could happen in a year's time, certainly. "It was nice to meet you too, Amaris. Give 'em your all." She nodded once more, before turning to head over to the spectators. She might be one here, for now - and that was alright. Her loss was well-fought, the other's victory well-won. After this experience, though, she certainly didn't intend to stay on the sidelines for long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:06 pm
She'd have to take her words to heart, she shouldn't underestimate herself though she was still nervous. "It was nice to meet you as well! I hope we cross paths again soon." She turned and walked on to prepare for her next stage in the duels.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas