Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[Halloween-R] At the Grave of a Musician {Chal x Ochre}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:26 pm
Quote:
While making your way through Destiny City, you wind up taking a path you’ve never taken before. Maybe you’re following directions, maybe you got lost, maybe you were just looking for a shortcut—things were going good, until you wind up needing to pass through a graveyard. It seems normal enough—until you pass by a grave and get powerful chill down your spine. When you stop and look at it, you see the gravestone has your name; beneath it, your birthday and today’s date. If you leave and return, the gravestone remains, but the name and dates look like they’ve been clawed off.

So many things had happened recently, the most shocking being the doppelgänger that he had seen last night. Tonight he had something to do though, it was around the time of year that he paid his respects. As the cold autumn wind whispered softly in the night air, Chalcanthite took a new path towards the old cemetery near the edge of town. A bouquet of tiger lillies rested in the crook of his arm as he wandered slowly through the dark streets. A sad and solemn aura surrounded him as he walked, with the same prescion he had on stage.

A thought crossed his mind as he walked quietly down the path, it was probably silly at first he thought but, he did wonder if Ochre would be alright with him soliciting for another meeting. The laid back corrupt made him feel at ease in comparison to some of the others he had meet over the years. It only took a few more blocks before he decided to message Ochre through the communicator.

Hello, once again I apologize for disturbing you. Would you be alright with yet another meeting later on this evening for coffee? If you would like to meet me I will be over near one of the libraries after I finish up a pressing matter.

The deed was done as Chal froze in place realizing he was already in the cemetery. A sense of dread flowed over him as he knelt before the graves, tracing the name of his great grandfather on the cold stone. Anywhere else he could continue to act but, not in front of Aloysius Aldo Sharp. Only 5 of the Sharp family remained now, it was a depressing thought that it would soon die out if no children came from his life. After his great grandfather's death and the murder attempt on his own life by his uncle, he never even thought that he would witness the things he has in the past 4 years. . So many things he had seen, it washed over him as the flowers sat quietly on the headstone. He broke down in front of the grave as he thought of all the people who he had lost because he was unprepared or weak.

That was when he noticed a freshly placed headstone. His own name showed on it with a date he couldn't quite make out. Footsteps echoed down a path in the distance, he held his breath and broke out the communicator once more but froze in fear as he wondered what his superior would say. Nobody knew how he was at home, he kept everything locked away from the outside world. As the steps grew every nearer he panicked.

He sent just one word and sat in front of his own grave as he prayed that the doppelgänger wasn't here to kill him, then shakily lit what may be his last cigarette.

Help

Strickenized

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 am
Sometimes, when the weariness of life tainted his unsteady optimism, Ochre visited the local graveyards. His hope wormed up into his throat, tight and fat. He looked out upon stones and stones with a single name in mind — a rare name, he found, as few headstones bespoke 'Blackwell' on their polished surfaces. For this, he was both glad and sad. Glad for the chance at finding his brother, yet sad for the limbo that took its place.

For where was Shale Blackwell?

His communicator buzzed while he was on route, and he jumped only marginally this time. In retracting the two halves, he found a benign message waiting for him from the captain he met twice now. Oh, that's nice of him. Maybe I'll take him up on that after I cruise this ugly graveyard. The thought possessed him with a touch of weariness, and he forced his legs to move him further. he thought little else of it; the path still wound long before he met with overarching hedges and immaculate lawn care service. He estimated a good ten minutes before he would respond —

Another message came, light in word and heavy in import. He glanced down with his communicator screen still opened and his brows contracted in consternation. Did someone find him? A frantic search of location confirmed that Chalcanthite wasn't far; Ochre started into a free run as soon as he closed up the device.

Trees passed him in blurs. Bushes became mere brush strokes against a rapid canvas. He hadn't slowed until the captain's familiar blacks and blues crossed his sight.

"Chal!" Ochre managed, huffing as he slowed. Leagues of hair wrapped about him, pulled him to a stop, and reminded him of his incessant neck and back pain. "Uh, what happened? I don't… See anyone… Did someone follow you here?" A cursory glance around confirmed endless stones, grey-green grass under the night sky, and the licking edges of forest. What spooked him?

sara draconia

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm
A running set of foot steps approached, causing Chalcanthite to shake more as they approached. Had it seen him? What would it do to him if it finally closed the distance? Horrible thoughts drifted through his tortured mind as the slower paced steps stopped behind him. "Why do you haunt me?!" It was soon after that Ochre arrived and called out to him, he turned around with his back now facing his own grave. With a labored sigh, he slumped against the headstone and took a deep drag from the half crumpled cigarette. There was still a look of horror on his face as he tried to calm his nerves in front of his superior. The smoke from his cigarette sputtered out with his quick breaths before he spoke.

When he finally spoke it was with shuddering words. "It.. it followed me. I don't.. I don't know what it is. It was... me but not me? I'm sorry..." Chalcanthite was a mess as he put his face in his hands and cried, this was too much to handle in front of someone. As he was hunched over, the headstone became visible again to reveal what it had before. Sorry was all he could muster as he repeated it softly while he sat on the grave.

Strickenized
Ochre can see the name if he wants to but the date and quote are covered still. All the other nearby graves share the same last name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 pm
For the few times Ochre met the captain, Chalcanthite came off as cool and level-headed — always prepared in case of an emergency. It left Ochre feeling a bit incompetent by comparison, but he was okay with that; he knew his strengths lay in fostering Negaverse solidarity over the actual tasks at hand. But when he came into the graveyard, and saw Chalcanthite stricken with obvious fear and worry, Ochre wondered what could've possibly shaken him so. For chalcanthite was tall, with squared shoulders and an impeccable understanding of the world. Maybe whatever it was that convinced him to call Ochre violated that understanding.

As he slowed to a halt in front of Chalcanthite, Ochre squatted to be level with him on the ground. "Something followed you? Like some kind of doppelgänger?" Ochre knew the term and heard a few stories, but that was all he could muster on the topic. The strange happenstances of Halloween-time Destiny City was enough to confirm that Chalcanthite was followed by something; it wasn't the captain's imagination. Ochre peered through the graveyard, brow furrowed, and found nothing among the headstones.

Except for a very, very obvious headstone. Ochre swallowed at first, licked his lips, wondered if it was worth pointing out to the already distraught captain. But the sense of dread culminating from seeing it was enough to put Ochre a little on edge, and he searched about again, before finally deciding to speak up. "So uh. I don't… Actually know how to tell you this? But…" He paused again, thought about it, shifted around a little, then clicked his tongue.

He pointed as softly as he could toward the grave marker in question. "That headstone's got your name on it. And it's um… Kinda creeping me out. So maybe, we should uh, go somewhere else. Like a coffee shop, or someplace warm and bright and not filled with graves…"

sara draconia

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:50 pm
Short nervous breaths escaped his lips as he finally looked at Ochre, scanning to make sure it was truly him. That word, "doppelganger", made him flinch as the smirking face he had seen floated back to the front of his mind. Exhaling slowly, he tried to calm his nerves without lighting another cigarette right in front of Ochre. It was a habit that he felt dirtied his ideal image that he showed to the outside world. With the events of tonight, that image would be forever shattered for Ochre.

It would be a moment before he could move but, focusing on anything else would help. The headstone behind him, was as much a part of him as the facade he put on. Was it symbolic for when he decided to change his path? Or was it a mistake from when he had almost died many years ago? Scars etched in his pale skin, forever reminded him of the evening even if many nights of alcohol induced black outs caused the memories to dim. Forever they would remain hidden to the world, whether it would be by long sleeves or pants.

After a moment he came back to reality and stretched out his hand to Ochre, gesturing for assistance to stand as his knees were still weak. Anywhere would be better until the creature hopefully disappears into the void with all the other spooky crap that haunted this season. Swallowing hard, he spoke with a nervous voice."Yes.. please."
Strickenized

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm
Ochre never felt truly certain of how to approach nerves in subordinates and peers. When he saw Chalcanthite veritably immobilized in his own trepidation, Ochre wondered if reaching out to touch him was truly a good idea. Already he heard a few horror stories of violent backlash when one touched a high-strung individual, and while Ochre doubted Chalcanthite would react in such a way, he wondered if touching the captain could have other detrimental effects. What if doing so stressed him further? What if it dredged up bad memories for him? What if there was some other way to help dispel some of the captain's stress that worked leagues better?

His lips flattened into a line, Ochre looked about the graveyard once more. Gravestone, gravestone, gravestone, gravestone, gravestone… Nothing loomed in the coming mists, or hid behind the leagues of granite. Ochre paused, however, and looked double at a headstone recently passed over. On it read his name and the day's date as his death date.

"… Well, okay. That's weird." He shrugged his shoulders and returned to the matter at hand.

"Anyway, I was showed this awesome place that's sorta in the heart of the city, and they kinda don't give a ******** so they'll take orders from anybody as long as they pay? So we can totally get coffee there, and it's good coffee too, and this girl that usually does the bar is super great about paying out compliments to me? So if she's there, I'm sure she'll find something to like about your uniform, too. Oh, and I brought a good amount of cash, so don't worry about the drinks and just get whatever you want, okay?" Ochre took Chalcanthite's hand as he spoke, and before the rambling corrupt dropped the thread of conversation, they vanished from the spooky site.

sara draconia

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 pm
When Ochre took his hand a wave of relief washed over him, proving that the General was real and not another trick of the weird magic that was haunting him. With a quiet nod he stood up as they were about to leave for a better place. Anywhere was better than there, at least if there were more people in the cafe the odds of something happening were slim to none.
"Thank you" He muttered, a bit clearer, before they disappeared from the quiet graveyard. Halloween was almost over, hopefully all this mess would cease as well.

Strickenized
I figure this is a good stopping point lol

Past Events Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces