Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[Hallowen-R] Cursed [Nick x Virell]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 pm
It’s fall and pumpkin spice is everywhere. A local coffee shop has some great new recipes and there’s been a lot of buzz about it—only, if you’ve indulged you may find yourself with some unusual side effects. Due to some very defective pumpkins (and who knows what else), pumpkin spice lovers are suffering from nausea, vomiting and—perhaps worst of all—your skin has turned orange on top of it all. Thankfully the discoloration and illness seems to wear off within a few hours, but you probably shouldn’t go back for a second cup.

Virell had been poisoned. There was no other logical reasoning behind it. Someone was trying to sabotage him, trying to ruin him…

And it was working.

He had been sitting in the waiting room, waiting for an open casting call for a project when he’d noticing something off. At first, it was just a strange discoloration on his hands; he thought he might have brushed up against someone where too much spray tan. Casually, he’d taken one last sip of the pumpkin spice latte a friend had grabbed him—a peace offering after a spat they’d had during their last photoshoot—and meandered to the bathroom.

He walked into the bathroom expecting just a quick handwash would solve his problems. It was his mistake for playing on his phone during the walk. He didn’t put it away, even when he’d entered the bathroom. He turned on the water and reached for the soap as he moved to tuck the phone away when he finally caught his reflection.

He screamed.

Orange. All orange. Terrible, disgusting, horrible orange, that seeped through his perfect makeup layering.

Orange, that matched nothing, Orange, that was not his color.

And, worse than that, he dropped his phone in the sink, immediately dousing it in water. He had to tear his gaze from the mirror and hastily shut off his phone, hoping to save it—but that wasn’t even the biggest of his problems right now. He had to get rid of this orange.

Virell hastily wrapped his phone in paper towels and set it on the dry edge of the sink before viciously scrubbing his hands. He used so much soap that he for a few seconds he couldn’t see his hands, but when the water washed it away, it was still orange. He scrubbed for five minutes straight, ignoring the painful stinging from his hand, ignoring the red and irritated skin, and ignoring the flush of red as he drew blood from the ferocity of his scrubbing.

But, it wasn’t coming off—and everyone was going to see him like this if he stayed here.

Which simply could not happen.

Frantically, Virell returned to the waiting room with his head bowed and grabbed his bag and the first jacket he could find. It didn’t occur to him that it wasn’t his until he had power walked out of the building and two blocks away.

He owned enough things of all color that the pink jacket could have easily belonged to him, but now his anxiety spiked when he realized someone might chase after him for stealing the jacket—accidentally or not.

He needed to get off the streets.

A quick look around reminded him that he knew where he was; if he hurried, he could be at Nick’s apartment in less than two minutes.

He had makeup there. He had a lot of makeup there. He’d left an entire kit of it over the last time he’d had a job in the area. There was enough foundation in there to make an oompa loompa look normal—which was great, because that’s exactly what he felt like right now.

He fumbled in his pockets, relieved that he had a key to Nick’s apartment; if he hadn’t, he’d have just had to pick the lock and probably wound up looking like some creep.

Like he didn’t already.

Virell’s stomach flopped and he hurried up to Nick’s apartment. He would have called if his phone wasn’t soaked through, and though he considered knocking, he didn’t want Nick to see him like this.

His hands were trembling so much when he withdrew the keys that he almost couldn’t slide them in. It was more effort than it was worth, but when he finally got the door open, he bolted inside and locked it.

“Nick?” he called, trying not to sound like he’d run all the way here. “Are you home?”

Please don’t be home, please don’t be home.

Don’t let Nick see him like this; he’d never talk to him again.

Hastily, Virell made sure to pull the hood lower and hunch over, preparing for the worst. He held his breath, praying for silence.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 pm
Of course Nick was home. He had no reason not to be home, and had been in the bathroom, having just gotten out of the shower when he heard Virell’s voice calling his name. …interesting. How had the other blonde known that he had been thinking of calling him? Had he just been thinking about Nick and decided to come over? That…that was really sweet, and when Nick left the bathroom, wearing nothing more than boxers he grinned, fully intending to have a fantastic day with Virell.

Of course, when he stepped into the entryway and saw the blonde in some pink jacket looking as though he was about to be sick, worry overtook him and he took several steps closer, his long, wet hair cold on his back.

“Rell, you okay? Are you sick or something? Do you need a bucket?” He didn’t want to think that his lover was about to vomit everywhere…but the way he was standing…that was always the pose that he took when he had an upset stomach.

“What can I do to help, Relly?” Nick’s voice was low and soft, worry lacing every syllable.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:08 pm
A sense of dread coursed through Virell when he heard Nick was home; it wasn’t that he didn’t want to see Nick, or spend time with him, just that he was frantic about his appearance. He didn’t know what to say, or how to hide.

“I’m okay,” he insisted, keeping his back slightly turned. He tried to keep his hands hidden and made sure to draw the strings on the hoodie tightly.

“I’m not sick.” No, that was so unattractive. He lied, instantly. “I was on my way to a photo shoot and needed to do a touch up. I thought I could stop by and say hello but a biker clipped me on my way up. Do you care if I borrow your bathroom for a second, just to freshen up? It’ll only take me a minute.”

Or forty.

He tried to sound natural, to sound confident, but his stomach was churning as he tried to figure out how to get rid of orange.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:19 pm
Nick paused, and then frowned, and then crossed the last few steps that stood between the two of them, wrenching Virell around so he could look at him. “A biker clipped you? As in hit you? Are you okay? Are you bleeding? Do you need the hospital?”

When he finally had nearly torn the hood off of Virell’s head, he paused, his frown deepening. Virell…was orange. Bright…orange…perhaps it was a spray tan gone wrong? Something that happened at the shoot? Whatever it was…it didn’t matter.

The pause lasted only a heartbeat or two, and then Nick was back to business. “Where did you get hit? Come on, you should sit down, I’ll get my first aid kit and get you patched up. Are you seriously okay? Because I have no issues driving you to the hospital if you’re hurt any more than a few scrapes…was it a bicycle? Or a motorcycle because…if it was just a bicycle…well that’s not as bad but if some a*****e hit you with…”

He reached up, trying to take a good look at Virell’s face. “Did you fall? Are your legs okay? Your knees?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:47 pm
Virell tensed immediately when Nick touched him, and more so when his hood was no longer there to protect him. He hadn’t realized he was going to cry until everything had just happened, all at once. Moisture built quickly and he kept trying to look away as he shook his head.

“My knees are fine,” he replied, too quickly and with too much emotion.

He wanted to lie, but Nick had gone and ruined it. His voice trembled and he failed to regain any composure before he finally relented. “There was no biker, Nick, I just wanted to get into your bathroom so I could put some makeup on before you saw me like this. I—I don’t even know what this is, all right? I think I got poisoned. I just—if I could just get to my makeup, I could fix it, I just—I really don’t want you to see me like this, all right? I’m a mess, I look terrible. It’s really bothering me, I feel sick about all of it.”

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 pm
The tears frightened him and Nick glanced around, trying to remember where he had left his cell phone. If he had to get to the hospital in a hurry, he’d have to put on pants but that shouldn’t take more than a minute or two at most…

He was about to pull away, to run to the bedroom and get his keys, pants whatever when the truth came out…and Virell wasn’t hurt. Thank God. He was just…orange.

Just orange.

Nick could deal with Orange, and his shoulders sagged with relief, though a small bit of annoyance swept through him as well and he shook his head, reaching out and grabbing Virell’s shoulders, pulling him close and kissing him deeply. He let the kiss last a good long moment before pulling away, shaking his head. “I don’t care what you look like. Orange, purple, blue or rainbow polka dots, you’re still utterly breathtaking, and so long as you’re not hurt. I don’t care. We’ll get through this together.” He took a step backwards and grabbed Virell’s hand. “If you want makeup, then go and make your face up. I’ll cook us something good for dinner and we can pop in a movie and spend the night cuddling. I’m sure…I’m sure it’s just some sort of allergic reaction…maybe someone at the studio sprayed something? If it’s not gone by tomorrow, we’ll figure out something else, but right now, just relax. I’m here. I love you. I don’t care what color you are.”

He squeezed the hand. “You’re still my Virell.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm
The words should have been reassuring, but they just made Virell’s gut seize up. He nodded, but it was without total conviction. He reached up a trembling hand to scrub at his eyes disdainfully. He wanted to enjoy the kiss, but instead he was just afraid that Nick was going to open his eyes and hate what he saw, or just start laughing or reject him.

“I don’t know what it is,” he sniffled. “It’s just bothering me, okay? I’m supposed to be in control of this,” he finally drew back enough so Nick could see and gestured to himself. “I’m supposed to be in control of me, of how I look. It’s always been my thing, when I couldn’t control anything else, I was in control of me, and—and, I just get so upset when I can’t even do that. I’m okay with giving up a lot of things, and I mean, a lot of things, but this?”

He gestured once more to himself.

I’m supposed to have control over this.”

His breath hitched and he shook his head and turned away again, drawing one hand to his forehead. He drew in a deep breath and shuddered as he tried to reel in his emotions.

He jumped to another lie, another play at vanity. “I just can’t stand the thought of being orange, I hate this color. There’s a reason nothing I own is orange.”

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 pm
“I understand.” Nick once more reached out to grab Virell’s hand. “Make me orange too. I’ll go out, tell me the worst, most horrible spray tan brand that I can get, and we can get me all orange too, and we can watch Willy Wonka and…Virell…” He wasn’t sure what to say. Wasn’t sure what he had a right to say. He thought for sure that his other words would have calmed the blonde…but they hadn’t.

For a moment, Nick didn’t know what to do, and he felt himself beginning to feel a little sick.

First Ashanite and now this he was turning into the most useless piece of s**t. “All of your stuff’s in the bathroom. If you want to cover yourself in foundation, go ahead. But I don’t mind the orange, even if it clashes with everything else you own, I don’t care. I really don’t. I love you no matter what you look like. I love you for who you are, your looks are a bonus of course but…you were there for me at one of my darkest times and I can’t…imagine my life without you so…don’t think I keep you around because you’re only eye candy, because I don’t, Virell.”

He dropped the hand and turned away, walking towards his bedroom. “And that’s one of the reasons why I’m in so much s**t with Arias. Because it’s not just about the sex no matter how much I want it to be.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:16 pm
Virell paused. He crossed his arms over his chest and hunched over for a second longer before he sighed heavily. He chanced a look after Nick. “It’s not just the sex?” he asked after a second. He lingered where he was for a few seconds later and then hesitantly began to move after him, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear.

“I mean. I knew that,” he said, trying to sound a little more confident. “And I love you too, of course, it’s just.” He made his way after Nick and slid his hand into Nick’s, gripping it tightly. He couldn’t stand the sight of orange and buried his face in Nick’s shoulder as he walked with him.

“I know I’m more than eye candy. I’m just not good at so many things, and when I mess up, I get really upset. I worked on my makeup forever this morning, and I had to leave a really good casting call session because I’m orange. I just. I’m frustrated. You’re the only good part about today. But, please don’t make me watch Willie Wonka, it gives me nightmares. And don’t do anything to that beautiful skin of yours. You really think that maybe this is just an allergic reaction? –Those go away, right? Do you just sleep it off? Or do you take Nyquil or something? I’ve never had an allergy before, I don’t know how to get rid of it.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:35 am
Nick felt a wave of relief when Virell finally took his hand and rested against him. “Fine, no Willy Wonka, I’m not really a fan of that movie either, save for the first candy room. I have always wanted to bite one of those insanely big gummy bears. He moved into the bathroom, grabbing a small box of Benadryl and handed the pack to Virell. “Take one of these, if it’s an allergy, it should help. It might make you sleepy though, I know they always end up knocking me out for a few hours, but all we’re going to do is hang out anyway, so what’s the harm?”

He turned to look at Virell again and gave a small smile. “There will be other casting calls. I know that whatever jobs you get are lucky to have you, you’re the most beautiful model in the city, orange or not, so don’t you worry.” He stroked Virell’s cheek and grinned. “Your makeup does look utterly stunning, Relly. Makes me want to fall even more in love with you.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 am
Virell took the medication with absolute trust and even managed a small smile up at Nick afterwards. Nick stroking his cheek was enough to make him melt, but the words he said just drilled it in. “You can fall even more in love with me, I won’t complain. I mean, I have to say, you do make me feel a little better about looking like a giant orange. If you aren’t repulsed by it then I know I shouldn’t be, I just,” he sighed heavily and buried his face into Nick’s chest. “I only want you to see me when I’m perfect because you make me want to be perfect. I want to be everything you think I am. I’m sorry I was upset earlier. It’s,” he hesitated and seemed to debate on how he wanted to choose his words.

It was more than just vanity, but he couldn’t help but think it was just better to pretend like it was.

“It’s probably just an allergy,” he said instead, closing his eyes and relaxing against Nick. “And maybe I can sleep it off. You’re probably a better medication than anything, though. I always feel better after spending time with you. But I suppose, if it doesn’t clear up by tonight, I’ll have to go to the hospital.” He hesitated for a long moment and then confessed, “I might be overreacting. I just—I don’t know how bad it is. I know I’m orange because it’s the same color as the lid of my cup, but I can’t…actually…tell…”

He tugged at the sleeve of his sweater. “…My eyes aren’t so good, Nick. Did I ever tell you that?”

If they were going to be so okay with imperfections, now seemed like as good a time as any.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 am
Nick shook his head, continuing to stroke Virell’s cheek for a moment, before moving his hand to the male’s long, silky hair. “You dind’t tell me, no. What do you mean they’re not so good? Like you need glasses or something? I think glasses are sexy as hell, if you want the honest truth.”

He would have dated a guy in glasses…glasses always gave the illusion of intelligence, and quite often such a thing wasn’t an illusion…but…

“Let’s hold off on the hospital. If it’s not gone by tomorrow we’ll regroup…you’re not feeling sick or anything? You don’t want people to see you, and I don’t know if bringing you to the hospital will do you any good…I mean, what if they try to make some news story out of it? The beautiful orange sex God or something like that? No, Virell I think you’re much better off here. If things haven’t gotten better by tomorrow…”

He shrugged and leaned close, kissing the male’s lips softly. “We’ll figure it out. Together.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:10 am
Holding off on the hospital sounded like a good plan; Nick raised some very good points—Virell didn’t want to be surrounded by people and if anyone got wind of his condition, he was certain he’d be ruined.

Certain.

Still, he cracked a small smile at Nick’s teasing and genuinely seemed to relax a bit.

“Together,” he promised. He was still ashamed of his appearance, but Nick was acting like it was nothing, and all the concerns Virell had just melted away. He stole another kiss and then returned to his position, snuggled up next to the man.

“No glasses, though. I mean, I could get some if you like them,” he suggested. “…But , no. I can’t see colors very well. Not all of them, like how you can see. So if I am overreacting, it’s because I’m just expecting the worst. I know I don’t look normal, and it looks different to me, but if you say it’s okay, it’s okay. And I love you, and thank you for making me feel better.”

He couldn’t think of anyone he’d rather be with in that moment.

…Or for the rest of today, and tonight.

And forever.

Orangeish Sherbert

Past Events Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas