Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[Halloween-R] Toxic Truth (Coffinite/Laodica)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm
Quote:
Being bitten by a giant spider is uncomfortable enough, but worse than the sharp pain you feel on impact are the linger effects of the bite. Being bitten can cause nausea, dizziness, fatigue and hallucinations. These symptoms can begin immediately after being bitten or can manifest up to a few hours after the toxins are introduced to the bloodstream. These symptoms may only last for a few hours—or up to 72 hours. You, or someone you know, has the misfortune of being bitten; no medicine seems to help this ailment, so you’re stuck weathering this one out on your own.

Redbud-Tree

He'd treated her arm with a bandage and salve for pain, and wrapped it. He'd tried to give her tea, gentle brother -- anything, but the girl was just sick. He didn't know how to help when it was so hard for her -- and he knew she must be afraid. Still, he sat by her bedside, sleeping on his couch that night, then rubbing her hands in morning. Rhian still seemed so sick, asnd Coffinite was just absolutely distraught, petting her hair softly as he broiught hjer a mug of hot honeyed tea, and made soft soothing noises, frowning.

"It'll be alright, dear. I'm still here. You're safe. How do you feeltoday?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:43 pm
Her arm hurt, and the wold was all spinny, and she kind of wanted to throw up. She'd felt like this ever since she woke up enough to be aware of it, but Rhian didn't want to be a bother, so when Mister Spider brought tea in and sat down next to her, she tried to smile anyway. "I'm - I'm alright," she said, trying to sit up and feeling her stomach rebel at the motion as the world danced around her like a really bad carnival ride.

"Better," she assured, though it wasn't really the case. Lying wasn't right, but [he was already so worried, and she didn't want to make that worse. "Thank you... uhm..." She swallowed and closed her eyes, fingers going to the bandaged wound on her arm as she fought down a wave of nausea. "I - I can probably go back to school soon, if I'm bothering you! It's not a long walk!"

It was, actually, but.

She was already imposing so much and he'd already been so nice to her that she didn't think she could keep taking advantage of his kindness like this...

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I appreciate the effort dear, but no." Coffinite reached and stroked her hair, gently trying to sooth the teen as he offered the tea, tucking her in snugly.

"You were quite poorly last night and I'd feel much better once you've shown signs of improvement. Spider venom is rather vicvious at times, and I worry. Besides, it's not an imposition. You're a ghuest in my home. I merely worry if you'll be missing classes and if so how Imight prevent trouble for you, sweet one."

Because she'd been so ill she powered down, meaning she was helpless, and if attacked...

No. She was staying until he was sure she recovered. It was probably kidnapping, but how much he cared was really not a question one would like the answer to.

"Did you dream well? Is the tea helping?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 pm
Rhian sipped at the tea, unable to quite meet her friend's gaze. She was too weak to protest, but she was so worried about bothering him. "If... if you're sure..." she mumbled, then blinked and sighed. "Uhm. I can... give you my school's number? I board there so... so I could get in big trouble if I don't get back..."

She swallowed thickly, setting the tea aside after an unsteady sip. "You could... probably claim to be a cousin, though? Not my parents, they uhm... they wouldn't call."

And if the school called them because she was gone...

Well, she wasn't going to let her thoughts go down that route. It was already burning inside to admit this much. It burned in a way that no daydreaming and happy thoughts about sunflowers and butterflies could make go away. A flash of movement out of the corner of her eye caught Rhian's attention, and she followed it to the doorway, frowning muzzily.

There was nothing there, but just for a moment...

Just for a moment, she'd thought she'd seen something...

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm
Redbud-Tree

Why wouldn't they....

Was she abandoned at this institution?! Coffinite leaned in, giving her a gentle hair pat before taking his phone.

"I'll call. But if your parents don't call... Why, may I ask? It seems awfully cruel to send a child to boarding school and neverr contact them..."

And if she was being mistreated, then Coffinite was going to meet quote for once -- or at least buy some looks the other way with some syarseeds.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:13 pm
"Oh, it's too much trouble, they're busy," Rhian said, looking back to coffinite - and then back to the doorway again because she was sure there was something moving there. "I - think they're still in New York? Or... maybe London - no, no uhm. Definitely New York, they don't leave for London until the first...?"

She sunk back down into the blankets, sighing. "Don't - don't judge them, please?" Rhian knew how it sounded, but they were busy. Business meant there wasn't time for much else, didn't it? And Crystal was a really good school, she didn't mind being there so much!

And why wasn't that shadow in the doorway going away already?

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:34 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I can't help that." Coffinite sighed, and rubbed her hand.

"Dear, you deserve love and attention. Parents who matter and love you would put you first. Not their business. Business changes. You're forever. You deserve their love."

The lieutenant sighed, and looked to her.

"I know. Trust me. My mother died to save my life. If that's not love, nothing is."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:58 pm
Rhian shrugged, feeling too ill to try and argue the point, let alone try and defend her parents. Were she feeling better, she would point out that she was going to a great school, and surely that meant something. She even had an allowance to take care of herself with, it wasn't at all like she was deprived. Why bother letting anything get to her when it was easier to be happy and helpful?

She didn't say any of this, however, and simply sighed, shaking her head. The shadow at the door moved again, and Rhian whimpered, trying to tug the blankets up over her head.

"... can you make your shadow-friend in the door go somewhere else?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:30 pm
Redbud-Tree

If Coffinite knew.... He'd tell her she was neglected and being treated only for her parents to look good, but he did pet her hair.

"When you can give me the number, I'll--" And he blinked.

"Shadow...?" He looked over, and frowned, seeing nothing.

Oh. Oh dear.

"Sweetheart, there's nothing there. Your eyes are tricking you."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:55 pm
"No, it's there, I know it is," Rhian said, peeking out from the blankets just to be sure. "Or - maybe - maybe it left?" She frowned, confused and still ill, then jumped and turned abruptly to her left. Had something - someone - just giggled? But there wasn't anyone there...

Oh.

Oh.

"...Am - am I going crazy for real...?" She got called crazy enough as it was, to have it maybe coming true turned her stomach more than the nausea, more than the pain in her arm, and Rhian found her smile wavering as tears rose in her eyes again. "...I don't want that..."

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:13 pm
Redbud-Tree

What was... Oh. Oh Gods.

Coffinite smiled, stroking her hair softly.

"No, love. You're not going crazy. The spider poison is making you see and hear things that aren't real. But I'm real, okay? You're not alone and you're safe."

And he would ensure she recovered too. And then see to as certain couple.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm
"...Promise?" Rhian asked, aware of how small her voice was. She was scared, and the giggling was starting again, and - and it all seemed real... She whimpered and squeezed her eyes closed, then sighed. Focus... she had to... had to focus.

"O-oh, right, uhm... the number..." She needed to tell him that, and then maybe try to sleep some more, if the things she was hearing and starting to see would let her do so...

"...It's really alright if I stay a little longer?"

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I promise. And you can stay as long as you need, dear. I want you to get well, alright?"

One hand gently stroked her hair, and Coffinite smiled softly, humming to her softly as he did, and smiled.

"And after I call, we can watch some videos, alright?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:20 pm
"Uhm..." Rhian found herself nodding absently, feeling woozy and ill. The thought of having someone to sit with her while she was sick was, admittedly, a nice one, but she wasn't yet convinced she wasn't being unhelpful by asking so much of someone."Okay? Can... can we watch Madoka?" She loved that series, though she never could particularly say way.

Maybe it was because the thought of making a wish that could better the lives of everyone around her was a nice thought, even if it didn't always work right. Being able to really help was surely worth all of the trouble that came later, wasn't it?

NovaCracker

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:47 pm
Redbud-Tree

"Of course." Coffinite cooed, and moved, deciding to let her rest. He could go in and find the number - and the half-youma moved to do exactly that.  
Past Events Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games