Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Practice Makes Permanent (Joy vs Gabby) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Huni Pi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm
It started out straight forwardly enough. Joy wanted to spar. Gabby wanted to spar. They had each other's numbers. A quick text message and boom, Joy had invited Gabby for a spar.

_ p a o cx
Text to Kababayan
Yo, 'te, u wanna spar? Mit @ fields. Will w8 4 u <3

its_ p a o rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 pm
Gabby was in her room, doing some stretches because stiffness was starting to become a problem. Whether it was because she was working herself too hard, trying to catch up with everyone else on the island so she wasn't such a newbie or because she'd been hitting the gym way, way, way too much, she didn't know. She had a feeling it was a bit of both plus some other things, like maybe not eating enough and not sleeping enough because she was stressed out from adjusting, but either way it was starting to catch up to her. Sen had suggested stretching, so whenever she had a lot of free time that was what she did: she stretched.

‹ Breath in....breathe out... ›

Sen had so far been coaching her that entire afternoon, and so far it'd been a decent experience. She wasn't the most flexible human being on the planet, but years of doing sports made the pains of stretching familiar enough that it wasn't the worst thing she'd ever experienced. In fact, the stretching and breathing exercises were maybe a little reminiscent of yoga and it was actually becoming a little bit of a workout as well.

She was just finishing up when her phone pinged. Sen stopped her mid-turn to go get the phone and convinced her to take a couple more breaths, and when he said she was free she took the five steps to her desk and picked her phone up. Immediately she grinned when she saw who it was from, typed up a quick "I'll be there" before shoving off.

She was at the sparring grounds in no time because she'd sprinted--it didn't register that maybe she should maybe take it a little bit easy before what she knew was going to be a serious training session--and she glanced around in hopes of finding Joy.

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 pm
Amused at Gabby's reaction, Joy just waved at her before heading over to calm the other woman down. "Uy, 'te relax. Breaaaaathe, can't have you collapsing before we beat on each other's shields, diba?" she laughed, gently patting the other woman on the back. "Also, you should stretch muna, which is something you should be doing before any mission, nga pala."

Joy was clearly in full mom mode seeing Gabby in this state of eagerness. "Oh and did you bring towels? Some water? Gotta keep hydrated, in case you didn't I brought extra." Extra what? Towels? Water? She was of course referring to both.

Bert was getting irritated not by the delay in their sparring session but at the growing connection his bonded was having with other people.

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm
When Joy bounded over Gabby beamed rather gratefully up at her, giggling at the silly kind of warning. She was fine, maybe breathing a bit heavy but otherwise perfectly fine.

"I did stretch na, 'te, back in my dorm. I was actually stretching for a while. Yoga, I think? Sen was coaching me through it, kinda weird but also soothing and convenient and--" she caught herself rambling and put two fingers over her mouth. Then she took another deep breath and listened, frowning as mom-Joy listed off some things she didn't think she needed to bring.

"I'll bring some next time, but...for now I might have to borrow muna, sorry 'te, and thank you!" With that she sort of jumped and gave the other Sun a hug, giggling as she did before letting go. "So sparring! Thanks for the invite pala. I've sparred before but I feel like I need to learn more. Any advice?"

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 pm
The Moon gave the Sun double thumbs up, "Hey that's great! You should teach me some of that yoga stuff too! And op kors you can borrow! That's what extras are for."

She summoned Bert at this point, "Okay so how often have you sparred and how long do these usually last? Because I am mos def oks with taking it easy on you, just so you can have more time to get used to your weapon. I mean, I usually like getting hit a lot, cuz it makes me feel astig but that might not be the reason you wanna spar."

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:37 am
"I'm not an expert but I can relay what Sen says, if you want," she replied before summoning Sen. Gabby always appreciated the sheek black weapon that materialized in her hand when she summoned him, and the impressed and very proud smile that was on her face showed as much. She quickly got over it though, and paid attention to what Gabby was saying.

And giggling because she could related to the astig part. "Swinging Sen around makes me feel the same way, 'te, so I kinda get that part. But uhh...I think just twice with other hunters, the rest of the time I kinda just beat on the dummies. The reason I wanna spar is 'cause I don't wanna die out in the field because I don't know how to swing my sword. And given my division..."

She wasn't entirely sure why she'd been put in Sun, but there had to be some kind of a reason, right?

"Sen suggests I study Kendo since his form is a katana. Makes sense to me, but what do you think?"

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-8)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:25 am
Joy nodded, "Sige ba," liking the offer and accepting it. "I dunno what Kendo is, I know a Ken doll but parang they're not the same thing. Okay for now, focus on being able to just hit things. I can defend myself in the meantime."

The intermediate moon trainee would have done some fancy schmancy twirly moves with her weapon but she didn't think that was necessary. Given what she was just planning to do with her weapon.

Bert, in a rare display of emotion to his bonded, indicated that he appreciated her decision to simply go straight into the defensive stance.

HP: 50/50
Defense: 2
Charge: 0/3

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 pm
Gabby giggled as she shook her head. "No, not Ken doll, 'te," she replied, "I looked it up, it's a martial art or something done with a katana. I think it's what Samurais did way, way back then."

Her expression then turned more serious as Joy explained what today's training session would be. It made so much sense, and Gabby found herself feeling extra grateful that the more experienced hunter was willing to work with her and help her out. "Okay, 'te, here goes!"

With that she dashed forward and brought her sword up, slashing down and aiming for dead center.

HP: 40/40
DMG: 3
CHG: 1/3

xHuni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-8)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 am
Joy managed to deflect most of the strike, "Aaaah, okie, gets! Makes sense since you're using a sword and all. Ewan ko lang how I'm supposed to fight and defend with Bert. Been using him as a cross between an ax and a hammer."

She didn't move around too much, giving Gabby a better target to warm up against at the start.

HP: 49/50
Defend: 2
Charge: 1/3

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:36 am
It was lucky for her that Joy wasn't moving too much, but even with that bit of extra help Gabby still missed her next attack. She bit her lower lip in frustration, but pulled her focus and tried not to let it get to her.

"A shovel's a pretty good weapon though?" she offered, taking note of Joy's weapon. "Y'see it in those murder-mysteries a lot, diba? A convenient thing attackers grab to bash people's heads in?"

There was a pause and she lowered her sword for a moment. "Or...is that really just all dramatization?"

DMG: 0

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 am
"Ewan? I always saw shovels as something you use in stuff that isn't about fighting. Usually it's something you use after a fight." A beat. "Or one of those Gawad Kalinga tree planting things."

She changed her position somewhat, thinking it would give the Sun a better opportunity to strike.

Defend: 7

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm
Gabby couldn't help but giggle after trying, and once again failing, to strike at the other hunter. Sen was beginning to lose his patience, and she could feel him seething even without him saying as much, but she did her best to sooth him with promises of doing better the longer the session progressed. That seemed to calm him down, and she went back to the conversation.

"You mean for burying people?" she asked, smirking. "'Te I don't think all fights end with someone dying. But I guess here...I dunno..."

DMG: 0

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:45 pm
Joy laughed and nodded, grinning from ear to ear, "Well not on the training field. We got stuff to prevent that. And at least gets mo what shovels are used for diba? I think that's why Bert's best in moon, your goals are to make sure stuff isn't hitting the others, and if you ******** up badly, well, at least we can save time." It was a joke, Joy wouldn't really just bury a fallen hunter on the battlefield.

"Try to swing from the hip," Joy suggested, at least that was how she wielded Bert.

Defend: 8

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:53 pm
The girl giggled even more at the joke and, as suggest, tried to swing from her hips with her next strike. Joy was doing a great job of defending so she felt her attack easily get deflected, but that was fine with her. Instead she hopped back and eyed her friend and the shovel she had for a weapon. Curious, she pointed with her lips as all Filipinos tended to do when they wanted to point at something.

"So what's Bert like? Do you guys get along?"

DMG: 4
CHG: 2/3

Huni Pi

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 pm
Gabby's question gave Joy pause as she glanced down at the shovel. It wasn't that she didn't know about the status of her relationship with her stand-offish weapon but she wasn't certain how comfortable she was with sharing some (or a lot) of the ginosaji's opinions.

"He keeps me alive," Joy shrugged. It seemed like the best she could say about him without having to make up some sort of lie. She didn't think her relationship with Bert was great (or even good) but it was a constant. That had to count for something, didn't it?

Bert did not rise to what he thought was Joy baiting him. But at least she wasn't trying to use this as a passive-aggressive means of getting them to emotionally bond. Still, he wasn't happy about Gabby's presence being consistent.

Defend: 0
Charge: 2/3

x_ p a o cx
Go for a full attack XD

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items