Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[Halloween-B] Wings of Horror (Lacerta x Chalcanthite) *fin*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:20 am
Quote:
Walking anywhere at night can be risky in Destiny City, but tonight it’s not being attacked by some punk in a strange outfit. The squeaking above you is a dead giveaway that you’re not going to have a good night. Perhaps you remember the flock of bats that swarmed down on Destiny City last year; if you’re lucky, this is your first time being attacked by one. Thankfully it seems like a lone bat has made its way out of whatever cave they’ve moved from, but this thing is giant. It has a six foot wingspan. Does the bat fly away without harassing you? Do you fight it? If it scratches you, you walk away fine, but if it bites you then you can expect a rough time. Being bitten by these bats leaves two small marks that will itch for a few hours. Then, exhaustion and fatigue sets in and you become extremely sensitive to external stimulus; skin feels like it becomes overheated in sunlight, bright lights are painful to the eyes, and smells and sounds can seem overwhelming. The victim will feel constantly cold and hungry, no matter how much they eat or drink. They may also be prone to agitation and bouts of violence. These afflictions may last only a few hours or a few days and then suddenly disappear.

(( apologies for the odd title ))

Why was she still willing to put herself at risk? Even after being awoken mere months ago one would have hoped that Sailor Lacerta would have been able to get some basic knowledge on what her role was in the conflict she'd been drafted into and yet it seemed as it was wishful thinking on her part that she would ever learn what was going on in her beloved city. Tonight would have been your average night for patrolling but the senshi of bandages had sensed something earlier on in the evening that didn't sit right with her at all.

Scanning the sky above her head the senshi shook off the feeling of being observed before shaking off the sensation. Paranoia was never a fun thing to deal with. At precisely the same moment that she stopped looking upwards, the enemy struck. Buffeted by leathery wings Lacerta gave a surprised cry before attempting to protect her head from whatever had just dive-bombed at her. It was pure instinct to protect the part of her body that she believed was most threatened. As she attempted to swat away at her attacker she had to wonder just what in the world was going on.

Sara Dracoxnia
I hope this is an okay start

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 am
The Halloween season was starting off interesting to say the least, the local bat population was getting ballsy as the night went on. Chalcanthite wandered the rooftops with his bow at the ready, preparing to attack any of the winged beasts that were prone to dive bombing as of late. There had to be a source to all this animal madness, maybe a big one that could be struck down to stop the ever annoying swarm that terrorized lone wanderers in the moonlight.

No sooner had that thought crossed his mind did he see an insanely large bat swoop down at someone in the alley below. With a quiet exhale, he loosed an arrow towards the foe, preventing it from diving back down onto them immediately. The fire escape proved useful as usual as he made his way down into the alley. The woman's white outfit sent a twitch through the corner of his mouth, white moon senshi again. Regardless, he could not leave someone unarmed against the beast that was circling to attack again.

"Are you ok madam?" With an outstretched hand, he offered her assistance with getting up. "We need to get to a better vantage point, it has us like fish in a barrel." His face was cold and serious but his eyes had a slight glimmer of fear in them, there was no telling if the senshi would lash out at him or not even when the greater threat was unaware of sides.

tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:24 am
The sudden whistling sound from overhead caught Lacerta's attention even as the creature that had been attacking her broke off its circling and rose higher into the air only to disappear into the blackness of the sky. Breathing heavily and trying to calm her racing heartbeat she glanced down at the ground and saw, to her surprise, an arrow embedded point-down in the ground. So had someone been aiming at her and just missed or were they attempting to drive off whatever had attacked her. Still glancing at the arrow Lacerta was briefly startled by a hand that appeared in her line of vision. Not even thinking twice about it the senshi grasped onto the helping hand and pulled herself upright. There was a feeling that she couldn't quite pin down that nagged at her senses but right now it seemed as if she'd gained an ally.

Glancing upwards at her rescuer Lacerta appraised the stranger before releasing his hand. It wasn't a sudden movement more of a natural motion. Here was someone that thought she needed rescuing. It was sort of sweet. "I think I'm okay now thanks to your timely arrival with an arrow," Lacerta heard the rest of the stranger's words before glancing at the alley entrance way and then to the fire escape. "We could go up to the roof or out into the street." She paused as if contemplating the options before she had to ask another question, "what is it anyways? I didn't get a good look."

The senshi of bandages fell silent before meeting her rescuer's eyes. She had seen that he was tense but attributed it to fear of imminent attack once more.

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 am
Chalcanthite was slightly shocked at the immediate response that she gave, it was if his Negaverse alignment meant nothing. It was put him a bit less on edge but he still kept his own guard up as he looked towards the sky. The cloudy night was to the creature's advantage but he would try his best to at least wound it. With his hand unconsciously going to straighten his braid, he tilted his head to the side a bit. "Well the best way to describe what I saw would almost be something that could be mistaken for a bat from hell. I was unsure at first but, I tend to keep to higher ground to avoid collateral damage. If you would like, I can go up the ladder first in case it attempts another attack as we try to even the playing field."

It took only a moment to get his arrow back out of the ground and back into his makeshift holster beneath his suit coat. With a short moment of focus, he sent his bow away to make climbing back up easier. As soon as the coast was clear, he began the slow climb up the fire escape as he motioned for her to follow. Since she was in a skirt it was for the best that she wasn't ahead of him. That would be awkward no matter what, especially given that the climb would be slowed by her style of shoe.

tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 am
Well at least the mystery of what had attacked her was solved. Thinking back to the feel of leathery wings Lacerta might have made the connection as soon as she thought about it. With the identity of the creature revealed her mind was trying to pull up bat facts and coming up with less than she hoped. Frankly bats normally in the wild just didn't come with wingspans that size. Was this another creature like that mosquito from over the summer? Lacerta wasn't sure she wanted to find out. As the stranger made his suggestion of taking the high road she couldn't help but agree.

As he retrieved his arrow and began the climb her gaze caught sight of the bow that vanished. Well that was a neat trick. Following as close as she could Lacerta kept gazing around as if to wonder if the bat would come back to try and finish whatever it was doing. As the last rung was scaled Lacerta pulled herself onto the roof. Without much aplomb her voice broke the silence, "I hope it doesn't come back. Had you not come along I'd been in real trouble."

She paused and held out her left hand to her still nameless rescuer, "I'm Sailor Lacerta, the senshi of bandages. Who are you?"

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:36 am
Chalcanthite had to come up with something quick as she asked for his name. It may not be the best thing to tell her that he was with the Negaverse. After a moment he smiled and shook her hand. "I am but a simple performer, or magician, that goes by many names. You can call me Coll'arco if you would like. I am glad that I was around, I have been trying to find the source of the rise in bat attacks for a few nights. I believe this creature may be the source and if it is defeated, then maybe peace can return to the night. Be at the ready Miss Lacerta, with the lack of people around it may return or us soon."

After he scanned the sky, he summoned his bow with a slight of hand technique and kept an arrow at the ready with the bow half drawn. His eyes focused on the sky as he listened quietly for the leathery flaps of the beasts giant wings. He was nervous now that her identity was confirmed but, she seemed so fresh and unaware of how she was a sheep standing near a wolf in the night. After this night, he wondered if they would meet again with similar neutrality or with a clearer defined line between sides. But for now he was hoping she wouldn't pry too much more into his background.

tefla
It means with the bow as in musical terms since his bow is shaped sort of like the scroll neck of a violin

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:38 pm
"Well thank you Coll'arco for the assistance. It was much appreciated. I wasn't sure what I could have done against such a creature without weapons of any sort. It sort of came down on me rather out of the blue like."

As the bow returned to his hand Lacerta could not help but wonder if that was something that only he knew how to do. But if he was a magician he would not reveal his secrets. While it was true that she did have powers of her own in order for them to work someone had to get hurt first and that wasn't a pleasant thought to have in her mind at the moment considering that she and Coll'arco were probably going to be ambushed again by a giant bat. But a senshi had to do what a senshi had to do. One of the most important tasks was keeping the city safe.

The bat hadn't gone far. Although the element of surprise had been lost the creature was still hovering overhead, "watching" as it were by using echolocation to track the two humans it was now inevitably fixed upon. Large wings kept it aloft easily but it could not just continue watching its prey. Chattering softly the bat flew lower but it had moved to come in from the rear of its targets. Letting out one more blast of sound the bat's "sound picture" was complete and it soared over the smaller human's head in an attempt to incapacitate the larger human first. Slapping at the negaverse captain with its wings it attempted to use its tiny claws to scratch at any exposed skin it could find while at the same time trying to sink its teeth into Chal's flesh.

Sara Draconia
short post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 pm
Chalcanthite's attention wavered as he hear the chittering of the bat, turning around as it descended upon him. With a loud clatter, his bow was knocked to the ground. A cold silence fell across his face as time almost seemed to slow for a moment. With a deep breath he pulled an arrow out of his makeshift holster and plunged it into the creature at an upward angle. It sunk its fangs into his neck as he disengaged, falling back onto the tar of the roof while scrambling back to his bow.

It took him only a moment to draw his bow and shoot once more towards the giant beast. Blood started to drip from his neck as he pressed his, now free, hand to it. The first thing that went through his head was mostly about what unknown effects the bite would cause. After a moment he looked back towards Lacerta to make sure she was still alright. Although he was at a loss for words as many thoughts ran through his head.

tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:02 pm
The bat screeched rather loudly as it tasted the blood from the wound it had inflicted on the larger human. It briefly lapped at the crimson liquid dripping from the man's wound before it felt a sharp, piercing and localised pain. The creature scrambled back and tried to use its claws to draw out the shaft that was still embedded in its lower body. Failing to effectively do so left one option only. It needed to get out of this, preferably alive. Flapping the large wings the bat began to gain altitude before it felt a tugging sensation on the arrow that was stuck in its body. Craning its head it saw that the smaller figure had run forward in order to grasp at the arrow. Turning around it managed a glancing bite on the human's finger. It was just barely enough to break the skin. Moments later a second arrow shot out of a bow grounded it permanently. Crashing to the roof its body twitched once, twice, three times before all motions ceased. It wasn't dead yet but that status would soon change.

Lacerta had watched in horror as the bat returned, swooping over her head and latching onto Coll'arco's body. She yelled in alarm and began to move forward in an order to try and pry the creature away from the man's neck. It seemed as if she was in a position of not being able to help once more. Instead Lacerta stood by and watched as Coll was able to stab the bat with an arrow that was drawn out from beneath his coat. As the creature disengaged and fell to the ground Lacerta rushed forward and tried to stop it from taking off or at least delay it long enough. The Senshi of Bandages gave a small alarmed cry as she found herself on the end of the creature's teeth. It was the last act of defiance on the part of the bat though as she let go in shock. Another arrow soon found its target and the bat fell to the ground seemingly dead.

Glancing down at her hand Lacerta found a small cut on her finger and she sighed before realising that the wound on Coll'arco's neck was still bleeding. She could do something about that though, "Coll'arco" she started going about asking if the man was alright with being healed but realized that perhaps he was in no position to object to being healed and thus she closed the remaining distance between them and gently placed her hand as close to the wound as she could. Her mind went back to the first time she had used her magic and she could only hope that it would work again. In a sotto voice Lacerta spoke the words that would activate her magic.

"Lacerta's Healing Touch," she knew what to expect and seconds later the glowing bandage materialized.

Sara Draconia

Quote:

Sailor Scout Attack: Lacerta's Healing Touch

Lacerta will touch an injury on either herself or an ally and whisper her attack. A soft glowing bandage will appear and wrap the injury in a thin layer of bandage-like material. After ten seconds the bandage will disappear. Once gone the area that had been wrapped in bandage will appear to have been healed to a satisfactory level. (( for clarification: the injuries that are treatable would be bruises and cuts that are on the small scale. IE: a superficial bruise or a small cut. Nothing that goes deeper than the epidermis))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:14 pm
Chalcanthite watched while half in shock as Lacerta stepped up to help in his quest. He laid his head against the roof as the bat finally fell, it was time to take a rest. The glowing bandages shocked him, he flinched slightly as they wrapped around his wound with a healing light. It was like something out of a horror movie in his mind, racing as he hoped it wouldn't harm him or reveal his secret. Thankfully, the magic did it's work and stopped the bleeding fairly quickly. With a laugh he looked over towards Lacerta and smiled.

"We defeated the horrible nightmare and saved the night! I thank you so much for the assistance. I for one know I will rest here for a moment but, I need to start after those spiders at some point. I feel that they me be less of a problem as they cannot take to the skies. I hope you are alright though, did it get you as well when you were close?" Not moving felt just fine to him after the ordeal, saving people was hard.
tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:01 pm
Glad to see that her magic worked on the stranger, and not just cats Lacerta breathed a sigh of relief. Her own finger throbbed a little bit where the bat had indeed broken the skin on her digit. Sighing softly she glanced at the dead creature before running her uninjured hand through her hair. At Coll'arco's question she startled before nodding in reply, "Yes, but not as bad as it got you."

Raising her injured finger one could almost miss the small bead of blood that was threatening to drop from her skin. The urge to either flick the droplet off or stick the injury in her mouth was strong until she remembered just what had bitten her. Even though the wound was small she could try seeing what her own magic did on injuries she sustained. It was actually something she had thought about but had never really tested. Her voice was quiet as she mused aloud, "I wonder if it'd work."

Letting her own hand rest over her injured finger the senshi of bandages once again spoke the words that would activate her magic, "Lacerta's Healing Touch," her gaze widened as once again golden bandages appeared and after a short time disappeared. Examining the area Lacerta couldn't exactly tell where the injury had been but her finger did still itch.

Glancing back to Coll'arco Lacerta tilted her head at him. "Are you okay to go back out fighting giant spiders? It sounds dangerous."

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 pm
Chalcanthite nodded and slowly got up from the rooftop. "Not immediately but, I would like to grab some previsions from my home before going after such creatures. If you want to rest for awhile we can meet at a coffee shop that is near the botanical garden. I would rather have some other things to fight with or defend myself with when it comes to those disgusting things. The metal stakes worked fairly well when cornered so perhaps something similar would be more effective than arrows against their exoskeletons." He shuddered just thinking about it but he wanted to help more. There had to be something he could use at home, maybe something from the mansion that had been packed away in his attic. He definitely wanted to get something that would be useful as a shield or buffer between the two of them as they faced those toxic spiders.

tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm
If there was one thing that Lacerta did not really want to do it was purposely going out to look for those freakish acts of nature that had ruined the event at the Gardens. There was still something nagging at her innermost senses about Coll'arco but she shook off the feeling as being too much excitement for one night for an adrenaline high to handle. She was supposed to help protect her city from evil according to Mel but at the same time she doubted what it was she could do that would be entirely effective in a battle unless she had a weapon in her hands. Was there only one way to find out?

Looking at the rooftop Lacerta weighed the decision in her mind before scuffing at the ground. "At what time would you think you would want to meet at," a thought occurred to her, "it would be on the roof of the coffee shop though, right?"

If there was one thing that Sailor Lacerta had learned from Mel it was that she needed to keep a low profile: going into a coffee shop as her powered self was not going to be a good idea.

"If you need my help though Coll'arco I'll be there."

Sara Draconia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:39 pm
"I think around 11pm would work as it would give me time to grab the things I need. I will grab some things that may help for you as well. Also yes for the roof, it may be a bit difficult with all the people out and about if we went directly to the cafe." He shook her hand and slowly made his way down to street before heading back towards his home to prepare.
tefla

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:02 pm
Shaking Coll'arco's hand brought that same feeling around again and it puzzled the senshi. What was causing her to feel that way around someone who was trying to help? Casting off any suspicions she had she glanced towards the area of town where the Botanical Gardens were and nodded. "I'll meet you there. 11pm, cafe rooftop."

As Lacerta watched Coll'arco depart she too decided that she might just need to pick up something that was more useful than flailing arms. A thought of raiding someone's tool shed was appealing but more than likely she'd borrow something like a shovel or hoe from home. It'd be safer that way.

Sara Draconia
this one is finished. Onto pt 2 smile

Past Events Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces