Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Slack rp with Fluffesu

Sabra

"Tytus you really should have mentioned this earlier."

"Well I wasn't for certain that she would actually stay here for long."

Yu could only run his fingers through his tousled curls and sigh, "You're just lucky my brother and not my father ran into her then." The young noble leaned up against his writing desk and studied his friend. Both men were starting each other down and while there was no open hostility there was some tension in the air. It was rare for Tytus to do something as drastic as bringing someone into the estate on his own and Yu recognized that. He just hoped his friend understood what he was starting and that this Yaeli was competent and could handle herself.

"Look, I'll take all responsibility for this. She needed help and I wanted to be kind to her. You know me." Tytus grinned as he tried to break the tension by leaning against the desk and towards his friend, "I'll never try to make trouble and will keep an eye out for her. I'll go and make sure she's settling in now that she's benefiting the estate by working here, okay?" He had even gotten up extra early to run the Xaraan and clean the stalls so that he could clean up and head into the main estate today.

Yu let out a long sigh before finally relaxing his shoulders, "Fine." He gave a small smile of defeat, "Just make sure you keep your promises and if it gets hard to keep an eye on things from the stables I still have that room prepared for you, Ty."

"We will see." Tytus didn't dare stay in the estate lately not with Yu's fiancee still running rampant. He had yet to tell his friend about that and truly didn't wish to do so. And his mind was occupied more and more lately due to a certain Yaeli who he had dragged into his life. Speaking of which..."I'll go check in on her now and give her a proper tour." He smiled at Yu, "I'll catch you around."

Not giving the Noble much time to react Tytus simply waved a hand in the air as the great doors of the study closed behind him. Now to go and see where this woman was. Should she be cleaning the main floor by now or was the schedule different since his last "interactions" with the manor maids?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Fluff

Living in a noble estate was not so different than living in the Institute.

She had her own room, tucked away beneath the main floor and almost closet-sized when compared with the dwellings of the nobles who resided in the manor. She had chores to tend to, but otherwise was not required to partake in anyone else's business. There were Others. New Others, though for all her thoughts that the people of Oba were kinder and more open, it seemed that Others, regardless of their whereabouts, were all the same.

"They just allowed her to come in with no checks as to her history or mental well being." She could almost feel the glare shot at her back. Seziah swallowed thickly as she scrubbed a dish. She and a cluster of other young maids were in the lower kitchens, preparing a meal for their young lord. At least they were cooking. Seziah only scrubbed. "Tytus had her hidden in the stables for a handful of days before they found her. It's senseless-"

"They found her hiding in the stables, and now suddenly she's allowed inside the manor?"

"What if she carries diseases? Does anyone know anything about the Yaeli?"

"Master Zakeel found her himself and brought her into his service immediately. Look at her-"

Seziah heard the shift of fabric, the clinking of metal as silverware and pots were shifted as the women turned to face her. She knew they watched her, and so she turned as well, careful to keep her attention away from their faces, but wanting them to know that she was there and listening to them just the same. They said she might be diseased. "I am not ill," she whispered. "And I have done nothing wrong-" Then a girl was before her, reaching to touch her face not so differently than how the young man from days prior had. Almost searchingly.

"The little boys are enthralled," the girl closest to her hummed. "Strange eyes, soft skin, thick hair... A pretty face with a quiet voice and subservient words..." Seziah didn't know why exactly a tension caught at each of her muscles, but she felt about as comfortable with this woman as she had with the noble boy. And then, nails were pinching in hard at the lobe of her ear, yanking downward when Seziah yelped and dipped beneath the pressure. "They'd realize in only a matter of days they were too good for someone like her. It would be a favor to this girl, to save her the pain of their rejection..."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:17 pm
Sabra

Tytus searched the hallway with a frown. Had his conversation with Yu taken longer than expected? "I was almost certain that they would be here." He mused to himself before spinning on his heels to change direction. It was when the wafting smell of cooking caught his attention that the man pieced together where he should have headed first.

But then again if he had made it to the kitchens quickly then perhaps he would have missed out on overhearing some pieces of conversation. Truly women could be the most vicious creatures he had ever seen. But Tytus was hesitant. Would stepping forward now make it worse in Seziah? The man gritted his teeth in frustration as he heard the yelp.

He just had to give her ten seconds...then he would show those girls who would be truly rejected. Dammit though it was impossible for him to truly stand still. If they laid one more hand on the poor girl he knew he would bolt through the doorway and straight to her. He had invited her into this place so it was his responsibility to care for her. That was plenty to fuel such a protective feeling, right?  
Fluff

Seziah had never been one to not defend herself. Their words were rude and their actions unacceptable- was this one openly trying to harm her? Sez pinched her lip between her teeth, pale irises darting up to catch a fleeting look at the woman before skimming down and away again. Why was she so angry? Seziah didn't understand. Her magic gathered about her clenched fingers. If there was too much of a scene, then someone of a higher rank may notice and decide that she was too troublesome to keep around.

Just a little splash, she decided. It wouldn't do anyone any harm and would only serve as a mild unpleasantness and deterrent to the girl who stood before her, pinching at her ear and acting as though Seziah had offended her personally. With a soft huff, Seziah reached back with her magic, straining for the feel of the soapy, dirty dishwater and plucking at it, just a thread, that she flung with bodily force upward toward the girl's face.

The other maid lurched away with a high-pitched shriek, releasing Seziah and stumbling back toward her friends. Sez straightened immediately, dusted her hands down the fabric of her dress, and eyed the cluster. "Please mind your manners," she murmured softly. "If we finish our chores quickly, I will be away from you-"

It was then, while she tried to speak sense to them, that one of the others reached behind her. Seziah's words stalled as the maid grabbed the handle of her boiling pot, dew it forward, and flung it not so differently than Seziah had thrown dishwater moments prior.

Never before had Seziah thrown herself toward the earth with such determination to avoid anything.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra

That was right. With the few times that Seziah had already healed him, the first being from the scuffle he had the first night of her arrival to the latest incident from a Janarims bite, Tytus knew she had magic. To use it to throw dishwater at another was an interesting move and Tytus found himself thoroughly amused with her creativity. It wasn't a harmful action and surely no maid would want to admit to being one upped by the Yaeli. Not when they had been bullying her in the first place.

He was proud. It looked like she could handle things on her own. Perhaps then it was best to simply leave things for now and he could return later when there were less eyes watching. I'll show her around before dinner perhaps. it was a shame considering he had worked hard to get free time this morning, but it was what it was.

Of course all those thoughts flew quickly out of his mind as the apparently resolved situation decided to take an unexpected twist. Despite his lax nature and ability to joke with ease Tytus was still a fighter. Such a thing was proven in the instant reaction he had to the flying pot, "I think you ladies have had enough introductions." His words cut through the silence that had filled the room at his sudden appearance. The pot wobbled next to Tytus on the floor where his arm had deflected the dangerous thing, "At this rate we won't have anyone to prepare dinner." He quipped lightly, "So if I were all of you I would get to it." While his voice was quiet it was Stern and did nothing to soften the fire in his eyes, "I won't let others know about our decisions today, but I will be needing assistance with some tasks so sadly you will be down a member today."

Despite the redness of his arm, Tytus reached a hand down to Seziah. "Let's go. I'm supposed to get your aid in a task."

"Tytus..." One of the girls stepped forward almost beseechingly before the man fixed his gaze on her and finally shook his head.

"Sorry ladies. I really can't linger today especially since it appears you have a bigger mess to clean up here. I would hurry and do so before anyone sees it." He turned back to Seziah to help her up, "we are leaving now." He whispered before helping her towards the side exit that would lead outside.  
Fluff

It oughtn't be a surprise, really, that there were people outside the Institute who could remind her of the people she'd once lived with. Perhaps it was all girls? Seziah wondered as she peered up from beneath her lashes at the cluster of females currently being scolded by Tytus. No, she was not like that, was she? Perhaps there was something wrong with her... She'd only ever really known Sami that was a woman close in age to her own and she'd always assumed Sami was the one with some kind of deficiency.

But the whole cluster behaved as she did, trying to hurt people who did things that offended them. Tried to hurt people they thought were talented or pretty or- Well, Seziah didn't know, to be honest.

All she knew was that as soon as Tytus emerged, they receded, whispering almost frantic apologies and assurances that they had done nothing wrong- Seziah had started it, they claimed, by throwing water at them or insulting them and not minding her own work. "I have done nothing," Seziah whispered in the smallest, quietest voice she could manage. She rose slowly, dusted herself, and tried to remain composed. She could be deficient. It could be her that was wrong. She could be sick, damaged-

But there was no time to dwell on it. Tytus said they had tasks that needed completing. If she wanted to continue being of use her, she had to move forward. Seziah stepped ahead of him, striding out of the kitchens with the man behind her. Should she tell him that she did not believe herself to be in the wrong?

She could feel an uncomfortable heat in her face, a sting in her eyes, and she knew if she spoke of it, the unwanted feelings may develop more quickly than she could keep contained.

No, best to say nothing. Seziah took a steadying breath, combed a few flyaway strands back behind her shoulder and straightened her posture. "I- I apologize for making you intervene in woman's affairs," she murmured to her companion. "It... was an unintentional confrontation, and I will try very hard to keep it from happening again."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:18 pm
Sabra

Even if she didn't believe he had heard it Tytus stilled at the quiet whisper. For some strange reason it twisted his heart into a knot to see this woman like this. Hadn't she left Yael to seek a better life? He had promised it to her but already she was facing so many troubles. If he hadn't been in the manor today then what would have happened? Tytus could only clench his hand into a fist by his side as he left the room with her. He didn't even bother with the apologies and the blame. He would think of a way to address the others later as his current priority was to get Seziah away from them.

As sunlight warmed his body Tytus glanced up towards the sky with a small sigh. Now this was more of his style. Couldn't they all just come out and enjoy the nice day without trying to cause a ruckus first? As Seziah spoke Tytus lowered his gaze from the sky so that he could study her, "I don't blame you for anything so you can stop apologizing." He replied sternly as he took a step closer to her, "If anything I should apologise for not getting there sooner. I truly didn't expect them to do anything like that..." He trailed off and shook his head, "Are you okay though? They didn't do anything else then that to you?" He glanced her over and even carefully reached forward to dust off her shoulder, "Those silly girls picking a fight with you and then trying to put the blame on you when they can't handle what they started."

Tytus closed his eyes against the frustration building in his chest before forcing a smile, "But hey on the bright side you don't have to clean anything else today since I stole you away." He tried to sound optimistic, "Lighten up, I'm sure they're just testing your resolve. So keep your head held high and eventually they'll leave you be."  
Fluff

It was unusual for her to seek any sort of solace outside. Admittedly, she was most comfortable in the solitude of her own room, where she could conceal herself from any unwanted intrusions. It had always been her way, though she'd thought it would be different after her time spent with Diavel... It wasn't. Even as they stepped outside, Seziah's discomfort didn't wane. Would he be angry with her? Would he think he'd made a mistake by allowing her to stay? Perhaps she never should have bothered him to begin with... Was she being burdensome?

'Focus,', she instructed herself again. Tytus did not want to hear her apologies, and neither did she want to dwell on the occurrences and be distracted from her duties. They had a task. That was what Tytus said. And perhaps being out of the estate would be better than if she secluded herself within it. She only had to do her best to remain on track.

"Y-yes." Her voice was still soft. It wasn't as if she spoke loudly to begin with, but there was truly no need for her to feel so shaken. She cleared her throat for what felt like the tenth time. "I am fine," she stated a little more forcefully. "I am accustomed to dealing with people like that. Even if I am injured, I can heal myself, so there is absolutely nothing to fear. They cannot do anything to me that I cannot recover from, whether by words or actions..." She was pretty sure Diavel had told her something similar.

If she could only be that person again, then things would go more smoothly...

Seziah absently ran a hand over her stomach, thinking back on the whirlwind of things that had changed, the things that had happened in that span of only a few months... And now she was here. She had come to this place for better, and she would work to achieve it. "You are right again, Tytus. It seems you often are... They cannot break me. I am not an object that can simply cease to be of use or value. I will keep trying. And..." Her gaze flicked to him quickly once, then plastered itself to the ground. "I appreciate your faith. It so often seems like there are too few people who want to believe in me."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra

Tytus furrowed his forehead in a slight frown, "I suppose." He was thankful that she was okay, but was that reaction typical of someone at ease in the world? It seemed there were things haunting her mind, but Tytus didn't know how to approach them. All he could do was be as supportive as possible since even he understood that somethings.could only be resolved by the person themselves with time, "Still you shouldn't have to think that you're alone. I brought you here after all and I don't mind lending a shoulder...for any type of support, tears and all."

His gaze softened, "I'm glad that you agree." The man forced a small laugh, "As for that don't take it to heart. It simply takes a while for people to warm up to strangers around here. Surely you'll make some friends to support and believe in you." He held out his hand towards her, "As it is you have at least one person so far that can believe in you. If you would like me to do so that is." The faintest of flushes decorated his cheeks, "For now lets get away from this manor so I can properly show you the grounds."  
Fluff

"Tears?" The word was almost foreign coming off Seziah's tongue. Of course she'd cried before. She knew she had. But when was the last time? There had been instances when it felt as though the appropriate reaction would be tears, but they'd never quite come. Not during Litanu's abuse at the Institute, not after her miscarriage at Diavel's, not when she'd seen her mother for the last time and left for Oba. Seziah shook her head. "I do not think I will be the one needing a shoulder to cry on. I am not weak."

That was the way of things, wasn't it? men who cried were 'weak,' and girls who bawled were emotional. She knew she was not either of those things; she did not want to be either of those things. However, "Would you think less of me if I did?" She asked quieting a bit from her previous declaration. "I am not weak or emotional, but I do wonder if sometimes it might be easier, to show more physically how I feel..."

"It was my parents who thought I was strange. They sent me away when I was very young, and I suppose I still am, though I try not to be."

She'd always been alone. It felt very near to a comfort, at this point. But she knew so little else. She trusted so few others. But it was not the 'proper' way to go through life. And during her time with Diavel and Keyla, she had witnessed first hand how much happier one could be when joined in union with another... She bit the inside of her cheek and gave a short nod. "It is not anything I am accustomed to doing, finding friends and meeting others, but I will try," she decided at length. "It seems there are many in this city to meet, and I am pleased to have your support, I think." She eyed him from beneath her lashes, scrutinizing him intently. "My friend."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra

Tytus opened his mouth before quickly closing it. He didn't think she was weak. Just watching how she had stood against those girls earlier proved that. Perhaps he should have chosen his words more carefully? Before he could protest her statement Seziah asked him another question that made him pause, "Think any less of you?" His gaze widened ever so slightly before Tytus quickly shook his head, "Of course not." He studied her thoughtfully, "I didn't mean to insult you. It's just that I believe everyone has to take a moment to just let all their pressures and worries out before it builds up and explodes from within. Like a tightly capped bottle, you know?" He chuckled, "Not that I'm calling you a bottle since it's just a metaphor though even as a bottle you would be the loveliest bottle I've ever seen but still."

"I would prefer unique." Tytus quipped, "And if anything you're only human. We all have our flaws.." he didn't know what else to say truly since it felt strange to try and preach about how natural it was to be strange. He just wished that he could make her understand that he personally saw nothing dreadfully wrong with the way she acted. In fact it was refreshing compared to the girls he had interacted with in the past. His gaze did darken however about her confession concerning her family, "They sent you away?" The question was faint, more a murmur of surprise than anything, but it served to show his confusion and dissatisfaction. What family sent their daughter away so easily? Then again he had been blessed with his own fathers...though one had left him easily. Perhaps in a sense it was similar if not the reverse.

Despite his worries Tytus instantly brightened with that one simple line, "My friend." He repeated before laughing, "I'm glad to hear it." So perhaps he was doing something right after all! Without thinking Tytus moved to grab Seziah's hand, "Since you've said it you can't take it back, okay?" Tytus grinned at her, "And since we are friends I want to show you one of my secrets. Follow me~"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm
Fluff

A bottle? Seziah blinked back at him owlishly, obvious confusion etched more plainly on her face than any other emotion so far. A lovely bottle, he'd said. But perhaps that wasn't the most relevant or important of Tytus' words. He wouldn't think less of her, if she cried. It was far from a reason to allow it to happen easily, or at all, even, but if it did, maybe it would not be the worst thing to happen to her... She did not want to explode, after all. And she imagined that it was such 'explosions' of anger during her time at Granny's that had made her a greater target for Sami, at least sometimes...

"You would be a lovely bottle too, I think." Seziah didn't know what passed for 'lovely' in Oba, but what she did know was that the other maids found him to be a man worth coveting. They had not seemed interest in even her very modest connection with him at the time of their meeting. What would they think of her now? Now that she had claimed him as a 'friend?'

A feeling quite unlike anything she had ever felt welled warm and not unpleasant in her belly. It felt... strangely like pride. She was pleased to have a coveted thing, and nothing would be worth jeopardizing it.

"They did," she agreed with a nod, though the statement was a bit stronger, more natural than the quiet rush of her words when anxious. "It was very many years ago, when I was quite small still. My mother held concerns that she could not properly care for me. I upset her, I think it was, and when she was upset, my father was upset. I do not know how they felt when I was not around, but it must have been better than when I was near, since I was not invited back. It is okay, though. I did not know them, and it is true that I still do not. I have many things to learn, but it is a fresh start here. I am pleased to be in this country and to have your aid."

With that stated, she set her sights on Tytus' 'secret,' whatever that may be  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra

"Thank you." Tytus managed though he had to turn quickly away. It was easy for her to take his words and make him feel amused by them. Bottle? Out if all the times he had been such a smooth player in the past he had never called someone a bottle before. He truly was rusty, but at the same time it was entertaining to see how Seziah reacted. At least her baffled features made him feel more at ease than that earlier expression had. He truly thought that she was on the verge of tears yet here she was still standing strong. Truly he was impressed.

"I see. I suppose then in a way I can say it was for the best." He paused thoughtfully, "Else we may have never gotten the chance to meet and become friends." Tytus nodded as if to reassure himself as well, "Just focus on your fresh start and don't worry about me. Im a very hard man to upset."

And like that he was tugging her carefully alongside of him. They crossed through the rear yards of the manor, went around two of the many stables, and continued walking until they reached a place that looked long forgotten by the estate. It had overgrown with wildflowers and weeds and what looked to be the foundation of something lingered along the ground with only a few vines to keep its old floors company, "When they removed this old stable a few years ago this area got mostly forgotten." He explained as he let go of Seziah's hand to glance about the slight cliff that now jutted out before them, "I found that this is a good quiet spot to meditate and rest if I need away from everyone." Ah, there it was. His lips curling into a smile Tytus took a step forward and pressed his foot against the stone step that had been hidden by the wild grasses, "Watch your step and feel free to grab into me if needed." He motioned to the cliff, "There's stairs that were carved into place, but they are old so I'll go first to guarantee their safety for you." Ever so carefully he began to climb up the cliff and paused often to make certain that Seziah was safely behind him.  
Fluff

"Yes," Seziah agreed, and for what may well have been the first time, the faint beginnings of a smile started to form on her lips. "It was for the best. In more ways than you could imagine." It was true that she wasn't one to dwell on what could have been. Never had she considered herself someone to wish for alternatives, so much as she was someone who tried to understand why things happened as she did. Sometimes occurrences were distasteful, but that was why she'd moved to Oba, to make the most of who she was and what she wanted to accomplish.

It was pleasing now, she thought, to have even come this far.

And because of that, because she found that she wasn't in a foul mood, despite the circumstances, as Tytus' fingers found hers and he began to pull her along, it only came as an afterthought that it was peculiar to be touched by someone else. 'Peculiar,' rather than the usual unwanted. Later, she would have to consider why that might be. For now, she could only try and map where exactly it was they were headed.

She'd been in the manor for several days now, but she still hadn't wandered so far out around the grounds that she'd seen very much of them at all. "This is... quite messy." It probably wasn't what he wanted to hear. Seziah knew as much, but she couldn't keep from tempering the words as they came to her.

It was messy, considering the rest of the grounds were so well-kept, but at the risk of sounding liek she didn't appreciate the chance to see more, Seziah added, "But it is peaceful, and beautiful in a way that something only so disorganized could be."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra

Tytus grinned, "You can't always judge a book by its cover, no?" He teased lightly, "It may be messy there, but hold on before you completely judge it." Tytus reached down to help Seziah the rest of the way to the top of the hill. Even though it was also a bit messy up here with wildflowers and grasses that grew without much care there was something that Tytus did want to show Seziah. He just hoped that she would find it enjoyable and not silly of him to take such pride in a simple thing like this. Never before had he brought someone else up here, but he wanted to help ease her mind after this morning events. And after noticing that small smile that had crossed her lips earlier Tytus was glad that he had decided to take this outing. It gave him a strange, light feeling to see her expressions soften in such a manner and though Tytus wasn't exactly certain what that meant for their relationship he was currently content to have made such a new friend. His cheeks flushed ever so slightly as he realized that he had been staring at her and Tytus quickly coughed as if to clear his throat, "As I was saying you can't judge it completely yet because you have to see the true view first."

"Look." He gently placed his hands on her shoulders and guided her towards the edge of the hill. From there they could see a horizon that stretched out across the city to the South and showed traces of a desert beyond. Right beneath the they could see a whole aerial view of the estate. While they weren't up too dangerously high it was simply how flat the area was in comparison to the hill that gave them a good rise to see a few miles out, "It's best at night, but since I was instructed to show you the estate I thought it was best to cheat in our tour by simply showing you a good overview." Tytus commented softly as he glanced over the area beneath them, "You can see the five main stables there - those smaller buildings with rings around them. The rings are actually fences for the animals, but from here they can be mistaken for strange circles and squares in the landscape. Then of course you can see the main manor along with several houses for guests and other servants who stay on the estate but not within the home." He could even see some earthlings moving faintly in the distance and the vibrant colors of the Xaraan as they grazed in one of the open field.

His words trailed off, however, as he kept an eye on Seziah to see what her response was to it all.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff