Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 am
User Image

Life was quieter lately. Everything seemed different without Kuhasa around, probably because he had taken Kosan with him.. and perhaps some small part of her mother had gone with them both. Getting to know the Inselelo who had replaced him had been an unsettling process, though she had never gone out of her way to meet him personally. He was perfectly fine kept at a distance.

But now he was gone, so soon after his arrival.

It was a few days after Budek's arrival and she felt it was finally a good time to investigate the lion who had replaced Bazazi. She had some free time and managed to sneak away without being caught by any of her sisters.. so now she just had to track the Inselelo down. She hadn't heard nearly enough about him yet but he had kicked out the lion who replaced her father, this time she was willing to meet personally.

Maybe.

Maybe she would change her mind when she found him.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 am
Ecavi

This place wasn't so bad. He had never thought it would be a had life by any means. Everyone seemed to have a place within the pride and he was quite liking where his was. Still, getting used to having females doing all the hunting was a bit of a hiccup. He had been used to catching things on his own for so long that he wasn't sure what to do with himself.

It was actually almost boring.

Still, there were dozens of faces he could get to know. He was quite wanting to put a name to each face in the pride. He knew that was no easy feat but still. He'd like to know who he'd be living with and possibly having cubs with in the near or distant future. Who knows, he might not sire any at all. Depended on his reign here.

While he could be rough around the edges Budek was extremely loving on all accounts. He just knew there were times to act tough and then times when he could be himself. Like now for instance, when he was alone.

Currently he was doing the least manly thing a male could do. He was watching a butterfly bounce from petal to petal. There weren't many flowers alive in the area but there were three growing not too far from where he laid and he was watching it, quite content with himself. Not even knowing he wasn't alone anymore.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
When Kukhona found Budek, it wasn't immediately apparent what he was doing.. but she spotted the flowers and she watched for a moment and caught on. The idea that he was spending his spare time idly watching butterflies was ... telling. Perhaps undesirable, depending on who happened by. Luckily, it was Kukhona and she found it rather endearing. He didn't look bored or cranky, rather he was contented. That made him plenty approachable, so she walked up.

She didn't say anything at first, surprised to find she had butterflies in her stomach. Kuhasa was the only male she had ever really spoken to, and he was her father. Ehluke and her brother didn't count. This was different, even if she knew it didn't have to be. It was the kind of thing that could start gossip, something she had never been the target of.

"Hello Budek" she said finally, having learned his name in advance.

Kukhona had none of the confidence so many other Umzingeli had and she could feel it. They were all so proud and in control when approaching the males (and each other). Kukhona really needed to work on that, there was no reason to feel so insecure.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:35 am
Ecavi
Ive been considering customing him a sister later, only reason I'm speaking of her in here XD

He could honestly blame his fascination with such dainty life on his sister. That feline just LOVED to drag him everywhere when she was a young cub. 'Oh Budek look at that! Oh Budek look at this! Oh Budek can you please catch that for me!' The endless rants of a litter sister. It had made him smile. Maybe that was why he enjoyed watching this butterfly so much. It reminded him of his sister. She would honestly have liked it, and the flowers to.

Not so much this pride, it was too restricting for her personality. She'd wilt away and die her.

HE, however would not. It became painstakingly clear though, that he was no longer alone.

BUSTED.

She knew his name, though he was certain EVERYONE in the pride knew his name by now. He was the new guy, he on the other paw didn't yet.

"Hello." He said getting up to face the female properly, sand dislodging from his body as he did so.

"My sister would have liked those." He sorta felt the need to explain, though at the same time he knew he really didn't owe an explanation.

Now that he wasn't flustered by being caught unaware he realized she was quite lovely, her pale silvers and whites. It was a nice contrast to a lot of the browns he had seen. It was different, he liked that. Most of all he liked her eyes, they were the color of the sky.

"Forgive me, I don't know your name." He hadn't met her before and hadn't talked to enough to know who she might be.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:34 pm
Kukhona bit back a laugh at his explanation. It wasn't a surprising move to make excuses but it was unnecessary.. and it was a little bit surprising that he was thinking of his sister. She hoped Kosan thought of them sometimes, wherever he was now..

She didn't have a response to it, though, so she simply smiled. Until he carefully pointed out she ought to introduce herself, and she started. Easily distracted! That was hardly an admirable quality! Something else to work on, then.

"I'm Kukhona," she said, pawing at the ground shyly before continuing, "I thought I should come check out the new Inselelo. I'm sure you've been getting that a lot, though."

He was a far cry from Umkhombo, as far as the idealized male for the most traditional of lionesses.. but a definite improvement over Bazazi. But that was only looking at them physically. Her own father had been far from the ideal but personable enough that she had many sisters, and a few brothers who yet lingered in the pride, nearly ready to be sent on their way. Personality-wise.. Budek was still ahead of Bazazi, so far.

"Are you liking it here?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 pm
Ecavi

She seemed friendly, which was welcoming. He had to say most of the pride had been fairly nice, which was a surprise overall. He honestly hadn't been sure what to expect.

"That's a lovely name." He said with a smile, it was the honest truth. He thought it was pretty and wasn't afraid to say so. Plus it was more of a compliment than actual flirting. He was mostly certain he could flirt with any of the ladies here but he figured it was ladies choice after all so if they wanted to flirt he'd let them make the first move.

NOT that he wasn't interested. He thought she was very lovely, he was just aware of how this pride was run so he wasn't about to set himself up for failure.

"I am enjoying the time I've been here so far. I hope to further learn more about the pride and perhaps some of it's past. I'd like to contribute as best I can to it, while I can anyway." It was true, while he was here he wanted to help ensure this pride gained whatever he had to give to it in the process. "What of you? Do you enjoy it here?" It seemed like a silly question he supposed but he wanted to know how she felt about living here.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:47 pm
Whether or not he meant to flirt, that was how the compliment was received.. and strangely, she didn't react as strongly as she thought. He was being nice, he was potentially interested in her.. that wasn't off-putting at all. Not every male would play favorites with the lionesses here but there were plenty of lionesses who played favorites with the males...

She smiled at his interest in learning about the pride, nodding along. He didn't seem very arrogant or self-centered. Wanting to learn about where he was and how he was expected to contribute were admirable. He was obligated to help protect the pride but the only voluntary contribution he was expected to make was, well, genetic. She wasn't going to move on with that topic for now, though. Kukhona was not one of the lionesses so bold as to jump right into that.

"I've never known anything else but here," she answered thoughtfully, "The politics can seem rather chaotic sometimes, but I stay focused on my family and hunting."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm
Ecavi

"I've met a male that was part of the pride. He had a bird. Enda, I think it is?" He wasn't entirely familiar with their ranks yet. "I wasn't sure if you had any females in that position, wouldn't you be able to see more of outside the pride that way?" He was curious to know if she was content here or if she thought of life outside of their pride.

Their pride, it was a strange to belong somewhere. He'd never belonged before, always roaming from place to place. No set home. Now he had one, even if it was temporary.

"Family is important, do you have a lot of family here?" He knew that some of the members were well connected with one another and that their family was quite large. He was curious to know how big hers was in particular. Mainly because she was one of the first to actually talk to him like this.

"Perhaps I can tell you of some of my travels outside of this pride sometime? If you'd like, that is." He suddenly offered.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 pm
Kukhona smiled at his mention of an Enda, impressed by both his knowledge and curiosity. The Aenda weren't something many paid attention to, least of all new males.. but perhaps that would draw his eye when someone clearly not Ehluke showed up.

"There are female Aenda, but it's rare," she explained, "Females serve the pride better at home, where they can help with hunting and have their cubs safely."

Traditional gender roles didn't bother Kukhona, or in fact most of the pride. The power balance was about even here, when all was said and done.. and of course, Kukhona had been raised to be a proud, skilled huntress and she enjoyed her position within the pride. She had never given much thought to cubs, though.. before now.

"My family is somewhat unique here," she said thoughtfully, wondering if she might give the new Inselelo any ambitious ideas, "I have a good number of sisters in the pride, but by my mother I have four.. and she is having more now. By my father."

Kuhasa had been gone long enough that they were on the second Inselelo since, but the first had not lasted long enough for even his final litter to be born. It was funny, a small triumph in the column against Bazazi in her petty competition Kukhona had in her head between her father and his replacement.

When he suddenly offered to tell her about himself and his travels before he came here, she was pleasantly surprised to find she wanted to hear about it. Her curiosity was growing since Kosan had left the pride, since Kuhasa had left them, and .. well, she liked this male, she decided.

"I'd like that."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 pm
Ecavi
We can call this a wrap!

He was doing his best to learn as much as he could about his new home. It wasn't just a temporary location to him, at least not right now. While he was here this pride had his undivided attention and he would do what he could for them. For as long as he could.

Giving a small nod of his head he supposed he could understand that given the general structure of the sexes within the pride. "Females are far better at cubs and hunting than us males are." With a light laugh he rubbed his leg and looked over at the pale female with a bright smile upon his face.

As she spoke about her family he was curious to perhaps meet some of them. In time. He was sure he'd met almost everyone during his time here, but he was content with one here and there for now. He didn't want to overload himself with too many names.

"So you're really at home here then."

If he had that much family in one spot he might stay too.

"Perhaps you can show me some of the frequently visited spots and I'll share with you while we walk." Since she had showed interest in hearing about some of his travels. He offered his leg in a gesture as if to say, 'lead the way.'  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas