Submit

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The days were hot, but luckily Kania had found herself a quiet little corner of the world today, nestled under the leaves of a thick tree within the boundaries of the pride. From here she had the vantage point she liked, where she could oversee the rest of the pride while being well away from the lions who presided over it.
She wasn't sure why she felt the need to avoid them, it was nothing they had done, but more where her own mind had been leading her up to this point. She was watching the cubs of the pride innocently enough, but she had noticed that even Tapiwa, the vulture that stayed by her side, had picked up on his little moments here and there where she was sighing over them, envious.

She gently lay herself in the shade, making sure the darker fur of her paws was tucked well away from the creeping sunlight, and she watched them at play, tussling in the dirt, and she chuckled to herself, thinking of how dainty her sister had been in their youth. She didn't miss it, being a child, but something nagged at her mind.... she had every intention of badgering Tapiwa with questions about what it could be. As soon as she returned from her little hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:01 pm
Nomvula had been spending a great deal of time close to the pride as opposed to hunting, now that she had dubbed herself (and Mazuri, of course) as the main mothers of Nehanda's cubs. She spent so much time around the girls, that she rarely had time for herself these days, until Mazuri had finally told her that she was starting to look ragged. Nomvula had begun to protest when Mazuri pointed out that if Nomvula looked too weary, the cubs would begin to worry and so Nomvula had gone off to find a place to relax and perhaps even nap a bit.

What she had found instead of peace, however, was another lioness. She recognized this lioness to be named Kania. Nomvula prided herself on knowing all of the names of all of the lionesses and cubs in the pride. Clearing her throat as she approached as to not startle the other, she smiled at the other and followed her line of sight to the cubs tussling about.

"Thinking of starting your own family?" She asked, her voice kind and wistful, echoing her own desires to have cubs with her tone.

ChezaRain

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:16 pm
No sooner had another lioness approached, Kania cringed inwardly at the unaggressive comment she felt in the other's words, "No I.... Maybe.... I'm not sure." She gave her a once-over, for once wishing her vulture was around to tell her to whom she spoke, since she had a terrible habit of not... paying attention to the names the bird squawked in her ear whenever they passed by.

She sighed, gaze drifting back to the litter she'd been watching before, "How do you know for sure? My sister has long since bore her own, and I never thought I would...." Someone tripped, and she stifled a smile, lest her newfound companion think her an odd sort.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:30 pm
Nomvula nodded her understanding and smiled kindly at the other. Her question was one that she supposed she may get familiar with, since a number of the youthful lionesses had started questioning whether they ought to become mothers so frequently. Nomvula didn't share the sentiment herself, having wanted cubs from the very start, but she could appreciate the independence of other lionesses, so long as they were still respectful of the laws of the pride.

"Well... I suppose it's different for every lioness." Nomvula began carefully. "I've always known that I wanted cubs, to care for something that was without a doubt mine and to see my sons and daughters raised up into fine lions and lionesses." She turned her gaze to the cubs, where another litter full of stripes-those must be Safura's litter, she thought-strutted forth. "I understand that some lionesses in this pride have cubs for social status, while others just want families. Some will just do it for the sake of the pride thriving, though, for you..." She turned to face Kania.

"I'd advise you to spend more time speaking to your sister about what it was like for her to have cubs, as well as spending time with the cubs who are in the pride now." She told the other. "If you catch yourself looking at the cubs and thinking 'If I have cubs they would be brought up this way' that's a pretty clear sign that it's on your mind."

Nomvula lay down beside the other lioness, but sat closer to the sun, her pale tan coat soaking up the rays rather than scorching under it.
"If you don't mind me adding, there are quite a few new eligible lions whom you can choose from, so this is a better time to look at having cubs, rather than waiting again, for whatever reason."

ChezaRain

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:42 pm
She nodded, absorbing what the other lioness had to say very carefully. She was right in most aspects, the best one to ask would be her sister,
maybe even a mother, or even interacting with the cubs themselves would do her some good.
She offered a sincere, soft smile, "I've spent well enough of my time raising a feisty bird, I suppose cubs wouldn't be too far off. But you are correct, seeking my sisters' advice would do me some good, perhaps give me a little enlightenment on the issue."

When she mentioned the lions, however, Kania went on alert, eyeing the area to see if any had managed to 'sneak' closer before it sunk in what the other had said, and she cleared her throat nervously and tried to play off her gaze, "Well, you're right in that aspect as well.... You've put a lot more thought into this that I certainly have." She shook her lightly, she couldn't help it.
This train of hers had her avoiding them like a small plague, as if pregnancy would be infectious from breath alone.
She suddenly turned her gaze to Nomvula, "Do you have cubs of your own? You seem to be well-aware of your own desires."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:36 pm
Nomvula's smile persisted and she laughed lightly when the other mentioned that she'd raised a bird. Perhaps this was a Cinga before her? How interesting! Nomvula had met Cinga in the pride before, though usually only in passing. She would have to remember that Kania was a Cinga, so she could approach her later to inquire what it was like to have a feathery companion and the like.

When Kania remarked on how much thought Nomvula put into the eligibility of males about, Nomvula chuckled, but smiled sadly at the question that was posed.
"No, I don't have cubs yet, but I'm hoping to. There's a lion in the pride I'm hoping to court, so we'll see if that leads me to what I want." She gave a half-shrug. "I came here to get a family and I found one among all the lionesses of the pride, which is so very lovely. Yet, I found myself wishing for another. It's one thing to raise the cub's of another, but I do so want for my own cubs." She glanced out to the cubs that scuffled about and the lionesses that stretched out nearby. "Though, my pride sisters will always come first and since many of our pride sisters desire to have cubs, I've been standing aside so that they may flourish."

She flicked her tail and perked her ears.
"Now I've had enough waiting. I've set my sights on a male and I'm not inclined to stand aside any longer." She turned an amused gaze onto the lioness beside her. "So I suggest, you may want to get a move on too, before something happens and all of the eligible lions move on or are changed out for someone not as fetching. If you see someone catch your eye, jump on them quick, else they be challenged and lose a day later." She advised the lioness with a decisive nod.

ChezaRain

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:23 pm
Kania wouldn't admit it aloud, but she was quick to find friendship in the other lioness, hearing how she spoke and feeling they were a lot alike.
She laughed good-naturedly, "Pounce on them before they're challenged out?
Doesn't sound like too bad an idea."
She glanced out over the terrain of their home, grinning like a cat that had eaten a canary, "We could always have our cubs together. They might get a kick out of this little story, among the many others I could try and make sure they never hear."
She made her way closer, nudging the other lioness with a shoulder before she spoke, "Plus it sounds like you have someone in mind already. I'm falling behind in the game."

It would be interesting enough if they ended up bearing cubs to the same male, though she supposed anything was possible when there were so few of them. Gods above knew she wasn't as wild as some of the girls who chose outsiders, and she cringed at the thought, knowing that in her youth, she might've done just that. Luckily she'd matured after her days as a cub and not worsened.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm
Nomvula smiled at the other lioness' joke and nodded readily.
"Yes, indeed. You never know what might happen, dear." She told the other with a mock-serious expression, before her smile came through again. She followed her companion's gaze and huffed a laugh.
"I certainly don't mind the notion of having our cubs together. Though perhaps for the reason that they have play mates their own age. Even Safura's litter will be growing into adolescents soon enough." She mused. "Nehanda's girls too... I wonder if they know one another yet? Hmm.." Perhaps she ought to make the effort to introduce them, if Mazuri wasn't already doing so.

Shaking her head, she turned her gaze back to the other lioness.
"I know a bit about the males of the pride already. Perhaps you're interested in hearing about your options?" She asked, winking at Kania and chuckling. How fun it was to discuss this sort of thing with someone at last!

ChexaRain

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers