Submit

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:18 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tala's Side

(Though larger, not quite so snug in the corner.)

_____'s Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:05 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

(Fixing this, messed it up D: )
Talking - #C6C95B / Thinking - #B04A50

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Happy.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe since he is relaxing.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ Ahhh thank you! I would love that~ ^^♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Academy Corridor > Zael and Tala's Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tala knew it was foolish to have run from a member of the faculty, but having already visited the Nurse's Office in his short stay, he really didn't want to have to go back so soon...

Reaching the dorms, Tala would turn the handle on the door he had visited only briefly and then push it ajar. Upon the initial glance, the room would be vacant and he would step in, dismissing his raiment and exhaling a relieved sigh as he leant back against the door. It was only as he reopened his eyes, hoping to take a moment to regard his new residence that he finally noticed the additional presence in the room...

"Oh...!" he flinched, not having expected to see anyone and rather surprised that he hadn't picked up on the soul as he'd entered... Then again, with the kind of day he'd had already, it was understandable that he wouldn't have noticed and so he gave a weak chuckle, rubbing the back of his head before glancing across the room in search of a bed, "Didn't see you there...sorry," he hoped the student hadn't noticed his little 'reappearing act' but decided to play it cool just incase... "I'm Tala...this is a really nice room!" Having spent the memorable part of his life in a small cottage out in the woods, it was almost as though he'd stepped into the residence of a Royal and to be honest, he felt a little uncertain as to whether or not he'd actually entered through the right door, "...I Am in the right room, aren't I?" he looked to the male, becoming aware that he was standing there like a fool when in reality he could easily have played the 'cool kid' card and just picked a bed to flop down in...

It would probably be too late to adopt that facade now and so he stepped forward, spying a double bed with a soft, furry throw on top and taking a cautious step towards it, "I'm such a dweeb...the guy probably thinks I'm a moron or something... So much for a good first impression..." he of course thought this to himself as he approached the bed, opening up the storage box in the hope of finding his backpack. At some point, he knew he would have to go and break the news to Elijah that he'd lost the book - it had to be nearing it's return date and with nothing to show...he knew he was going to be in a heap of trouble... At that moment in time though, avoiding the faculty seemed the best option and after confirming his backpack was in place, he flopped down onto the bed, exhausted...

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Like Image > Sleeveless Shirt
With: Zael
Feeling: a mixture of feelings,
OoC I've edited it so it matches the current events - We can hopefully start afresh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:54 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

Zael was still in the same position, although to be honest he truly hadn't had very long to enjoy it before he heard the door open. He smiled and tsk'd a little bit. He was at a particularly juicy point in this chapter, too. He memorized the page that he was on before he closed the book to look up at the new presence. He had his chair angled in such a way that he could look both out the windows and at the door, and when his eyes fell upon the person he had glanced only briefly he knew that he had found his roommate. He stood with a half-smile to him as he spoke "I'm relieved to hear you say so... You have great tastes, although I had to guess them I'm afraid. I hope it's spacious enough for you." As he flicks a quick glance at his half of the room. Looking at it now he was still satisfied with it, as he knew it would be. However, it was not his room to be satisfied with. "If you'd like me to change anything, let me know" After all, he was going to be spending his time in the academy with this person. he had best make certain that they were both comfortable as they could it. It was only courtesy after all.

Zael had a smirk on his lips at the boys introduction though he had said nothing about it, except he did say as the boy went to flop down on the bed. "If your name is Tala, you are in the right room. My name is Zephyr, Zephyr Aberion... Though for both of our sakes, please just call me Zael". It wasn't that he didn't like his name, persay. But he felt as though Zael was so much more simple, and comfortable. To be honest, he enjoyed both. But setting what he enjoyed aside, seeing the way that Tala had flopped on the bed made him curious. He took the cookies that he had bought from the bakery over to his roommate, though he did not get to close while he had his eyes closed .After all, they had just met. Certainly, he wasn't going to give the wrong impression. "It's remarkable how you manage to fall as if you had the weight of the world pushing you down onto your bed" He says with his half-smile, golden eyes almost glowing with gentle, relaxed embers. The amusement clear in them. "Though for what it's worth, when I've felt similar, I've found that treats are perhaps in the top five ways of dealing with it... Taking fifth, and sometimes fourth. And these are sublime, the bakers here are truly talented, if you'd like to try them" He offers as he extends the plate. Standing about eight feet away, but with his arm extended the plate is an easy reach for Tala if he sits up and reaches for it in return. "What could be troubling you on a day like this?" He inquired. It was nice to meet someone... Normal. He was wondering if everyone was like his new teacher, throwing swords as a greeting. But this was almost refreshing.

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Happy.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe since he is relaxing.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ Ahhh thank you! I would love that~ ^^ Also! Sorry for the duplicate post! Dangit. D: I messed up. ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Academy Corridor > Zael and Tala's Room ~

"Oh, there's definitely more than enough room!" With his left arm draped lazily over his eyes, Tala smiled, "My old room was no bigger than a large cupboard," Which was only partially true - The Old Witch Baba had owned a small cottage in the middle of a forest and had used what little space there was for her books and potions - leaving Tala sharing the cramped attic space with the overflow of her supplies...

Gripping the chain of his necklace Tala opened his eyes, regarding the small lettering on the circular disc before letting it fall back onto his chest, "Matches the name on my dogtags, so it must be right," he smirked, stretching widely before sitting up, "Pleased to meet you, Zael," his eyes would grace the offered plate and he would reach out and take a cookie with a smile, holding it in his hand as the male asked him what could have been troubling him on such a day,

"Well...If you count scaring a possible friend before Combat class and then running from tutor who might just be taking you to the Nurse's office for the second time in so many days, then it's been a bummer really...What doesn't help is that everything in between is a bit of a blur..." He still wasn't entirely sure how he'd come to have been rendered unconscious, but to wake up outside the Nurse's office and then deciding to struggle free of a tutor who perhaps only meant well before making a break for it...he wasn't off to the best of starts... "Wow, this really Is good!" He'd taken a nibble of the cookie whilst he'd been trying to work out the blurry patches of his memory and was more than a little taken back by the tastes, "Where did you get it?" He could have shoved the rest of the cookie in his mouth, but decided to savour the taste, having not had anything as delicious in such a very long time.

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Like Image > Sleeveless Shirt
With: Zael
Feeling: a mixture of feelings,
OoC Aye, I saw that - was gonna message you, but figured you knew already - not something I haven't done before though, it happens to the best of us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:44 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

-Enter Reynard and Cyrus to Tala Maxwell’s Dorm Room-

It was reassuring to know that Cyrus, a virtual outsider to Eoana had a generally positive view of the city. Reynard worked hard to make everyone feel safe and at home within the city walls. So, to know that Cyrus, a stranger to the city, hadn’t been shunned, bullied or run out meant a great deal to him. In all actuality, this was a new country and a new city. They were all strangers to this land and thus, he felt they were more welcoming of outsiders looking to make a fresh start.

Also, Cyrus was right. Having nothing to go back to wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. It meant he could go where he wanted, when he wanted and do what he needed to do without worry. Reynard was confident that Cyrus would enjoy the City and take a job here to settle down. Whether that job was with the City Guard or something else remained to be seen. He had one major test to pass before Rey made his final decision.

“I’m glad that you’re thinking about settling down here. You seem like a genuinely good guy - trustworthy, reliable, skilled. I need men like you on my team to ensure the City’s safety.” Reynard said with a firm nod of his head before glancing at the shifter who walked beside him.

As the pair approached the male dormitory, Reynard easily caught Tala’s unique scent. Having smelled it at the attack site, it wasn’t hard to miss now that he knew it. Following his nose, literally, Reynard led the way past sleepy-eyed boys who were just getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen for their breakfast. Coming to a stop at one of the dorm doors, Rey glanced at Cyrus. “This is the one.” Reaching up, he knocked three times, knowing full well that Tala Maxwell was on the other side of the door.

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Tala Maxwell

Queen Hera Kami

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:39 am
Cyrus Marshall & Tala Maxwell
~ Outside Zael and Tala's Dorm Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cyrus would nod, glad that Rey had already drawn such a positive impression of him, it would feel good to put his strength and skills to good use, regardless of which role he inevitably took at the end of Rey's trials. He felt no need to question as to how Captain Reynard had been able to differentiate the youth's scent from the rest, each student they passed had their own distinct aroma, but the Tiger's own senses were nowhere near as efficient as those of the Fox, so it wouldn't be until they were almost right at the door before Cyrus could finally recognise the scent buried in his memory.

The Tiger would swallow as he watched Rey lift his hand, knocking upon the door in his natural fashion before waiting patiently for a response, Cyrus's ears would twitch as he focused upon the sound of voices on the other side which suddenly fell into silence, he could only wonder if they were plotting to sit there and wait for the visitors to leave, or perhaps someone would swallow their unease and rise to answer.

Tala had almost dropped the remainder of his cookie as he'd snapped round at the sound of knocking, his mind immediately jumping to the conclusion that the Combat Tutor or perhaps one of the medical staff had heard about the previous day's experiences and had come to visit him personally... At home, Baba would either leave him to his own devices, or if she was really concerned, find some way to corner him so she could investigate...but he was miles away from the Old Witch now and the world around him was an entirely different scene... Even if he had overheard Nurse Vivian stating that if the Shifter, Gin, got himself injured again, she would strap him to a bed and leave him there...

He cast a glance over to Zael, but the male who appeared not to have been expecting visitors gave something that looked like a confused shrug before remaining where he stood... "...Time to face the music I guess." he'd also learnt from experience that one could only put something off for so long before it came hunting... Finishing his cookie, Tala pushed himself to his feet, crossing the room to the door and turning the handle before taking a step back...

He was more than a little surprised to see two adults standing outside the door, they certainly didn't smell of the infirmary, but perhaps they were hired thugs come to drag him away...? He couldn't be sure. "Uhm...Hi?" he looked between the pair, trying to scrutinise their attire for anything that would drop the slightest of hints as to who they were and why they'd come to visit, "Can I help you guys...?"

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Cyrus, as seen but with Black Tank Top, Tala as seen - sleeveless shirt.
With: Reynard, Tala and Zael
Feeling: Both parties are feeling Nervous
OoC The Burmese have a saying: "If the tiger had to depend upon its nose it would starve to death."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

A large cupboard? That... Certainly wasn't what he expected. A smirk pulled at his lips as he responded "That sounds quite dreadful. Well, at least I know that I planned appropriately" Amusement is clear in his tone as he speaks. He'd eaten his fill of the cookies, honestly it wasn't a terrible ordeal for him to part with them. Truthfully, he wasn't eating one right now for that reason. He'd already eaten his fill. But he leaned against the wall as Tala took a cookie and rested the plate beside his bed on his table as he introduced himself "The pleasure's all mine, Tala" He said with a smile in return. Relaxing as he described his day, watching him curiously. The body language spoke a lot more than his words did. It did sound quite a trying day.

"That sounds like quite the adventure... I suppose that makes these cookies all the more justified, does it not?" He offered, glad to see that even here, cookies were a decent cure-all."Truthfully I just went to the baker nearby. There is quite an interesting person there who makes the most superb pastries... I was amazed, I didn't expect the best cookies I had tasted to come from here" He admits with a rogue-ish smile. He'd had a lot of pastries in his life, but even amongst all of the best chefs, these cookies were special.

Unfortunately, their conversation was soon interrupted by a knock on their door. "I don't recall us having a third dorm mate" He muses, a smirk on his lips still. But he could see the tension in Tala as he sat. That was unfortunate... Well. It was time to perhaps help him out as a roommate. The way he was poised you would think the grim reaper himself was knocking at the door. While that wasn't the case, he was sure, he left his rapier aside where it was against his bed as he brought the plate along with him. If worst comes to worst... As Tala opened the door, Zael didn't quite stand with him. But in passing, he looked at the two. Gauging what he could from their body language. "Oh... I Wasn't expecting guests. Pardon" He says with a smile, extending the plate to them.. They were quite handsome. "Would you like a treat? These truly are a delight" He offers to the pair. They didn't walk with much tension. Zael didn't have an ounce of it in his form. He couldn't quite muster up the will to be tense. But if they wanted to try something, it would help keep it civil if they knew Tala wasn't alone.

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Interested..♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe since he is relaxing.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ O boi, here we go~ :3♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:57 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Reynard easily heard the boy’s comment through the door. Confused by it, he arched a brow and glanced at Cyrus. Shrugging, he turned his attention back to the door as it swung open to reveal the blond haired, blue-eyed youth that he’d been looking for. Tala looked nervous, which only made him wonder if he thought he was in some kind of trouble. Glancing at Cyrus again, Reynard smiled in his usual charming way.

However, before he could say anything, Tala’s roommate stepped forward to offer a plate of cookies to the two of them. Not one to scoff at a free cookie, Reynard happily reached out to take one from the plate. “Thank you! I do enjoy cookies.” He said with a charming smile as he took a bite and looked between the two students. “Mmmm, delicious!” Looking to Cyrus, he shrugged as if to say ‘What? Free cookie!’ before looking back at Tala.

“Tala, I’m Reynard Balgaire, Captain of the City Guard and this is my associate Cyrus Marshall. We wanted to come by and ask you about the attack in the forest.” He said before taking another bite of the cookie. “May we come in, or would you like to talk out here in the hallway?” He knew some people were very touchy about their person space, so he wasn’t about to assume that they could come in to have their little chat.

═══════════════════╝

Tala Maxwell

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Marshmallow Pouf

Queen Hera Kami

Reynard - [x]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:47 pm
~ Outside Zael and Tala's Dorm Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cyrus's eyes zeroed in on the blonde immediately, the face had been a blurred vision of rage and bloodlust at the time, but the scent that crossed his senses now confirmed it was the same kid...at least until it was overpowered by the ever alluring scent of cookies... He tilted his head at the red haired male's offering, watching as Rey happily partook, taking a cookie from the plate and thanking the male before taking a bite and giving their introduction, "Thanks, but I'm good," he would politely refuse, grateful for the offer, yet wanting to keep his attention on the task at hand.

"Uh...Is that okay?" After the pair had introduced themselves, Tala cast a glance towards Zael; he had welcomed the distraction when the male had offered around the cookies as it had bought him some time to think, but knowing the room wasn't just his alone, he felt it only right to okay their entry with his roommate before allowing them in. After a reassuring nod from Zael, Tala would take a step back from the doorway, crossing the room so he now sat back upon the edge of the bed before watching as the pair stepped inside.

"Whoa," Cyrus stifled his awe as he saw the room in its splendour, the carefully selected sides clearly reflected the pair's personal tastes, whilst holding a subtle sense of regalia at the same time. His eyes scanned the blonde's dorm-mate for a moment and the Tiger quickly concluded that he was perhaps the one who had set out the decor originally, the light and dark tones coexisting comfortably in the same room; his eyes flicked back towards the one Reynard had referred to as Tala, the youth was young - admittedly a little skittish - but that wasn't to say he wouldn't stand up for himself if the need arose. Again, Cyrus's memories were somewhat blurred, but the sensation he recalled from being hit by the flood of biting creatures that had exploded from the sett wasn't something a fearful youth would set upon just anyone...

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Cyrus, as seen but with Black Tank Top, Tala as seen - sleeveless shirt.
With: Reynard and Zael
Feeling: Cyrus is Curious, Tala is Nervous
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:28 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

Zael smiled at the pair. Grateful that the one that took the cookie had enjoyed it, and even the one that refused he was certain that he wouldn't resist for long. He could see how it enticed him. "It is delicious isn't it? Your bakers certainly have marvelous taste" He commended with a relaxed smile still on his lips... More importantly, it had accomplished what he wanted. It gave his roommate a brief respite, a moment to collect himself. It did please him that Tala thought to ask him for permission for them to come in. After a glimpse to Tala, it was clear enough that he didn't mind them coming in. And so on that note, neither would Zael. He nodded his head as he entered the room again, setting the plate of cookies down on a table nearby... Though there wasn't many left. Five, perhaps, but that was fine. He could always get more later.

He also made a note of the suppressed admiration of their room and felt a faint spark of pride that someone else could enjoy it, too. "And you certainly have great tastes, too" He commended the... Wait. The man. Right? There was something else there he felt like... He couldn't quite place it, but he wouldn't comment on it. He didn't take a seat yet just in case he needed to leave. "So... What brings you guards all the way to our humble dorm room?" He inquired, he certainly was curious. He couldn't imagine an event like this was exactly ordinary persay... But then again, this academy had thwarted his expectations left right and center. An attack in the forest? He turned to Tala, figuring that he should at least give the boy a chance to answer privately if he so wished it... But a simple glimpse told him that the boy was tense. Nervous. No, he thought it might be best if he stayed to keep things reasonable. Not that they would become unreasonable, but at times it was best to expect the worst as he took a seat. He would normally have offered his guests seats. However, despite Zaels best wishes to want to relax and get to know these two guards a bit better, he did figure that perhaps that was best done in his own time. He didn't want to make Tala anymore uncomfortable than he needed to be. And so he did not sit either, instead he stood nearby, deciding to let this take as long as it needed, but certainly not longer than it needed.. He was used to keeping situations from getting too terribly tense.

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate, and the two guardsmen♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Interested..♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe since he is relaxing.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ O boi, here we go~ :3♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:14 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Tala seemed uneasy with the idea of talking to him about the attack. He had to wonder if the boy had had bad experiences with guards in the past. While the City Guard was meant to protect the people, he knew plenty of city guards, in other cities of course, that abused their power and did as they pleased. Hopefully, he wasnt uneasy because of anything his men had done in the past. With Tala’s roommate’s permission, they entered the room and took to standing near the door.

Like Cyrus, Reynard was impressed with the décor. It was nothing like he’d imagined the Academy dorms to look like. He was tempted to have whoever had decorated the area give the barracks a make-over, it sure as hell needed it. After a quick perusal of the room, Reynard turned his attention back to Tala.

“Tala, I’d like you to describe what happened to you in the forest. I want to know every detail – from the moment you walked into the woods until the moment Gannon found you in the hollowed out tree.” He said, cutting right to the chase. “No detail is too small. I have a theory regarding what happened, but I’d like to hear your side of what happened before I make my final assessment.” He explained, his tone firm, but reassuring. He didn’t want Tala to think that this was an interrogation – it wasn’t. He just needed to know what had happened from his point of view.

═══════════════════╝

Tala Maxwell

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Marshmallow Pouf

Queen Hera Kami

Reynard - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:38 am
~ Zael and Tala's Dorm Room ~

Tala had never really held much trust in the guards of his past, having been brought up to believe he was doing good for the community - and seeing the faces of those he delivered Baba's potions to, he had seen them as an unwelcome obstruction that liked to beat him down if they ever managed to catch a hold of him... These guys seemed different, but a lot of the fresh faces he'd met in the past soon showed their true colours...

After closing the door behind them, Cyrus had folded his arms and adopted a casual, yet structured stance whilst he watched as the youth took a seat on the edge of the bed. Provided Tala was willing, he would finally be able to find out exactly what had happened that night. - Becoming Feral under the light of a full moon was nothing he did out of choice and the thought of losing control and injuring, or even killing someone concerned him greatly... So with the opportunity to hear from a victim himself, Cyrus was eager to listen.

"The whole thing...?" Tala tilted his head at first, especially when Rey said he wanted every little detail. Hearing the firmness in his voice, the youth narrowed his eyes, recalling the similar tone he'd experienced when he'd been collared by the guards...but the guy was trying to help, right? Tala would exhale a sigh, then nod, "Right, here we go then..."

Cyrus would listen as Tala spoke of how he'd only gone into the forest because like home, it seemed very few people frequented the trails there and he felt he could relax and practice his skills without having to worry about people passing comment or jumping to conclusions that he was dangerous - he would briefly touch on the fact that in the past, he'd been alienated by the other children in his community because the adults had spread the fear that he was a Demon and would steal their souls with his black-magic if they paid him any heed...

"My ability isn't considered dangerous, but I guess it can be...so I try to practice whenever I can, hence why I went to the forest that day," He was tempted to form an orb in his hands, but felt it better to just explain instead, "I had borrowed a book on Shifters from Elijah in the Library and thought I could manipulate the pictures into forms, seeing how large I could make them before I had to stop and rest..." he spoke briefly of the hounds he'd drawn from the shadows; being something he'd played with since a child, they had formed with ease, following him like he was one of the pack before playing in the clearing around him as he'd sat down to read,

"So, they came without you summoning them?" Cyrus tilted his head, knowing how it might sound to the Captain, "Is there a chance you could have conjured the creature yourself?" his mind concluded that the book he had found in the forest belonged to the youth, but as it was currently with his stuff back at the barracks it seemed not the time to bring it up.

Tala's eyes widened slightly as though the man had just offended him, "No way," he shook his head, "The hounds have always been there, they're my friends," again, he had to pause knowing how that would sound, "But they're not dangerous...well...at least not until I'm truly in danger," he fell silent for a moment, starting to wonder if he himself had in fact conjured the beast that had tried to kill him...

"So they would never harm you, personally? Only those who were trying to hurt you?" Sensing the youth's growing reluctance to continue on, Cyrus tried to urge him gently, he wanted to hear the whole story, but could see Tala was beginning to doubt the words he was relaying...

"...Right," the male turned his head away, "So..." With a gentle nudge back onto the main subject, Tala would continue, explaining that he'd been so engrossed in the book that he'd lost track of time and before he knew it, the sun was beginning to set, "I knew I had to head back, so I followed the Alpha to what I thought was the way out, that was when I heard the rumble," he recalled how the hound had growled back, its hackles raised, then the beast had attacked. "It took the Alpha down in one hit...then it came after me, I had no option but to climb a tree to escape..."

As Tala progressed with the tale Cyrus's expression started to change, his eyebrows narrowed and he was feeling more than a little angry at himself, especially when Tala had said that after distracting it, the creature had charged off after the deer before recovering the trail and giving chase...

"It was only by chance that I found the tunnel under the tree, but it was there in seconds..." Tala could see the creature's large claws gouging out the earth around the tree, getting ever closer as he withdrew further into the sett, "I...I know what happened...after that, but then I passed out...So..."

That comment didn't quite make sense to the Tiger and he raised an eyebrow, glancing to Rey before looking back at the boy, "So...what happened?" he didn't mean to sound the way he had, but he was truly interested. How exactly had the youth survived when it had seemed as though the man's feral form had been within striking distance...

"I uh..." Tala dropped his gaze, then lifted his left hand, scratching the back of his head as he looked up again, "...I lost control."

If asked to elaborate, Tala would explain that sometimes when he was in great danger, extremely exhausted or terribly afraid - in this case it had been all three - his 'safety mechanism' would click into play, "I've only witnessed it once before, but it gets terribly cold...the walls, they turn black and start dripping...its from this tar-like stuff that my...guardians come," he dropped his gaze again, feeling ashamed, knowing he'd hurt people in the past because of it, "They emerge from the shadows and attack anything that is deemed the enemy...I...can't control them..." he shook his head at this point, "Sometimes they come as a small trickle, other times, a flood...I can only think they rushed out to defend me because when I came to, when Gannon called me, I saw one or two struggling into the light..."

Cyrus recalled through the Feral's eyes how the shadows had struck with great force, how they'd sent the Tiger reeling backwards, smothering him with slashing claws and needle-like teeth before forcing the Feral from the scene...he'd awoken in a ditch hours later, only concluding that the further the creatures got from their creator, the quicker they lost control and dissipated...

Seeing how upset the youth appeared after relaying his ordeal, Cyrus took a step forward, crouching down infront of him before extending a reassuring hand towards Tala's shoulder,

"Don't touch." Having been biting his lip at the time, Tala's voice came as a warning growl and he drew away, raising a hand to block but not allowing any connection to be made,

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

With: Reynard and Zael
Feeling: Cyrus is concerned, Tala is clearly distressed and doubting himself...
OoC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:48 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

On some level, Zael was intrigued. He liked to hear what had happened, it seemed as if he had certainly been paired with quite an interesting roommate. What was most interesting to him, however, was watching this other guard... He seemed... Overly interested in strange details of Tala's story. Hmmm... He didn't voice his suspicions out loud, he didn't really know enough about the situation, even with Tala's words... But that was peculiar. Especially as his facial expression changed, his eyebrows narrowing... Zael took note of it all, not letting a single detail of this other guard escaping him. He also wondered what precisely his roommates Raiment was. It sounded quite... Temperamental. But it certainly didn't seem to be the time for asking more about it. He supposed he'd just have to ask when the time came for it. However, his curiosity was being measured out against his roommates obvious, and growing, discomfort, as he had to recount this tale... It must not have happened long ago. It seemed to be fresh memories. And the guards were... Well. Fulfilling their duty, he supposed. They weren't overstepping their bounds, they were doing precisely what they said that they were going to. But it was plain as day for Zael to see the discomfort that it was putting Tala through.

Even though he had only met the boy, he disliked seeing him in such obvious discomfort. And the way the guard tried to comfort him... It solidified the feeling in his gut. He had long since learned to trust his intuition, even when it had sometimes landed him into trouble. But he had quite the suspicion that he knew what was happening here. And so he spoke. "Come now... Surely Tala doesn't need to be troubled more than he already has" He says, a very slight emphasis on the last two words as he looked at the guard. His voice entirely non-confrontational, but he felt it a poor move to try to comfort him afterwards. Especially if his suspicion was correct. He had a suspicion that action was one of self comforting. Not comforting Tala. This guard... Perhaps he had some manner of personal stake in this. "Is that everything? It did sound to be the entirety of the story from his view" That was precisely, word for word what they wanted... And they got it. If nothing else, Tala certainly seemed done giving his point of view. In Zael's mind, that should have been a satisfactory solution for them as he leaned against Tala's bedframe, on the opposite side of where the youth was sat, but close enough that his presence was there. Not making any physical contact with Tala. After all, he didn't know him that well at least. Even if he did, there was a time and place for everything and that was not now. His golden eyes observed the guards at the conclusion of Tala's story, and they continued to do so. Wondering if there was anything else. Maybe he should have made some tea...

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate, and the two guardsmen♫ Feels - ♫ Slightly concerned, but relaxed. Wondering where this will go.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe since he is relaxing.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ O boi, here we go~ :3♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:30 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

As he’d suspected, the attack in the forest had been a rather traumatizing event to say the least. The gash marks around the hollowed tree alone were a clear indication of this. But to hear it from the boy’s perspective, Rey knew that the event would keep Tala from wandering very far into the forest from now on. Crossing his arms over his chest, he waited patiently for Tala to finish his tale.

Reynard wasn’t surprised when Cyrus took a vested interest in the story, asking specific questions of what had happened. Narrowing his gaze a bit, he watched Cyrus’s body language and listened carefully to his tone. From what he could tell, the shifter was upset by what he was hearing. Holding his tongue, Reynard watched as Cyrus attempted to comfort Tala, who was clearly upset. Nodding a bit to himself, he knew for certain that his theory was true.

Looking up at Tala’s roommate, the boy with the cookies, he held up his hand. “Be at ease. I needed certain facts about the attack, which Tala has provided.” He said as he turned his attention back to Tala.

“Tala…I know that the attack was frightening and likely traumatizing in many ways. I’m sorry that you had to experience such a thing so close to the Academy.” He began, wanting to lead him into what he had to say. “I’ve seen the attack sight and the damage that was done. You were lucky to have come out of the event unharmed. However, that does not mean that I am dismissing this attack as accidental or deliberate.” He stated evenly, glancing at Cyrus.

“Now that we have heard your side of the story, I feel that it is only fair that we hear what happened, from the aggressor.” He said as he looked from Tala to Cyrus. “Cyrus, over the last few days that I have known you, you have proven to be trust worthy, reliable and honest. I suspect that whatever happened in the forest was not deliberate, however, I do believe that you owe Tala an explanation for what happened…” This was Cyrus's final test. Whether he passed or failed, was up to him.

═══════════════════╝

Tala Maxwell

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Marshmallow Pouf

Quote:

Reynard - [x]

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Male Dormitories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash