[PRP] Moving Up in the World (Z'haq & Resa) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 am
Making his way through the queen's weyrs was almost becoming a routine for Z'haq. Not that he was on the prowl for goldriders to hit on; that wasn't his style. There was only one that he was searching for, and that was Teliresa, rider of gold Lyraeth. He had grown quite fond of Resa, and his bronze Eorawth of the girl's lovely striped queen. So who better to share his big news with than one of his closest friends?

Because the news was BIG indeed! And so exciting he could barely contain himself.

Z'haq walked down the halls and took the turn that would lead him to Resa's weyr. Excitement and anticipation flowed through him, and he couldn't stop beaming. With great effort he dialed back his enthusiasm and toned down the smile to something a bit more reasonable. She was going to be as excited as he was, he felt sure of it -- and he didn't want to blow the surprise too quickly.

Shoving the hand holding gifts for Resa behind his back, he knocked on the door. "Resa?" he called. "Are you in? I have to see you!"

Thaliawen
heehee, a start for you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:51 am
Resa opened the door, smiling as she saw Z'haq. They'd become close in a way she hadn't expected. He was dear to her, a great friend--and maybe--something special? Lyraeth always hinted at that.

Nah.

"Z'haq! Come in," she moved aside to allow him entrance. "Do you want some klah?" He usually did. She always had some on hand, in case he chose to visit.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:01 pm
The huge smile returned to Z'haq's face when he saw Resa, and he got a little fluttery feeling in his chest. "I'm so glad you're in," he said as he entered her weyr, completely forgetting the klah question. "I have some big news, and I wanted to share it with you before anyone else. Oh." Sheepishly he pulled his gifts from behind his back: a bouquet of small butter-colored flowers, and a bottle of wine. "These are for you," he grinned. "Benden wine and some flowers I found when I was up that way."

Then, standing as tall and proud as he felt, he shifted his left shoulder, where he wore his cords, to face her. "So. Notice anything different?"

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 pm
Big news? Resa couldn't think what that could be! She seemed to forget her offer of klah as he brought out the gifts. She leaned up to kiss him on the cheek in thanks. "They're beautiful," she said. "We'll have to try this together." She left him for a moment as she went to put the flowers in water.

She returned and studied him for a long moment. "Well, it isn't your hair," she teased. She went quiet as her eyes fell on his knots. "You--" he'd made wingleader?! "Congratulations!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 pm
"Thank you!" Z'haq beamed proudly at her, then leaned down and kissed her cheek. "You're looking at the new Wingleader of Flame's Fury Wing. I'm still in shock, I think," he laughed. "But it's so exciting, you know? I've had some ideas on fighting Thread, different flight patterns and stuff -- not changing the way we do things too much, you know, it's worked for ages. Just… some new ideas and different things to try. During drill, of course, not during Threadfall!"

He looked at her as he paused for air, and his face went just a bit red beneath the warm milky klah tone. "...Sorry," he grinned."I'm just really kind of excited. Didn't meant to babble your ears off."

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:41 pm
"You're fine," Resa said, and took Z'haq's hand. He was excited, babbling was to be expected. And it was kind of adorable, actually. "I think I'm taking back my offer of klah," she teased. "Sounds like you've had enough to keep you up until tomorrow!" She led him to the couch and sat down.

"How's Eorawth taken to this?" She asked. "He's going to want to tell Lyraeth. I think she's sunning. She says it makes her hide brighter."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 pm
Z'haq laughed as he sat down on the couch next to Resa. "I might have had a couple extra mugs. That's okay, though -- we can have some of the wine later. That should calm me down some."

Leaning back, he put an arm around her shoulders, his free hand gesticulating as he spoke. "I have so much to do now! I'm going to move my weyr to one of the Wingleader weyrs, closer to the offices of the Flightleader and the Weyrleader. I think. I don't know yet. I don't want to alienate the rest of the wing, you know? So I might want to keep my weyr amongst them. And I have to select Wingseconds, which means going through everyone's files to see who's most suitable -- I mean, I know everyone already, I fly with them every day. I just want to make the right choices."

Then she mentioned Eorawth, and he nodded vigorously. "Oh, yes, he's going to want to tell her! Is she sunning on her ledge, or somewhere else?"

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm
"I knew it," Resa smiled at him. "We can do that. Then maybe you'll be able to get some sleep tonight." He had a big day tomorrow! And every day after that.

"You will," she assured him. "They gave you the position because you're the best for it. I know you'll make the right decisions."

She paused, and then smiled at Z'haq. "She's on the shore," she said. "She'll invite Eorawth to join her."

Come swim with me, Eorawth, Lyraeth invited. The water is warm today.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:21 pm
Almost as soon as Resa announced that Lyraeth had summoned Eorawth, the bugling call of a dragon echoed into the weyr from the open ledge, a call that Z'haq recognized right away. "Ahahahah," he laughed. "Eo knows better than to deny the call of a queen. Besides, I think he kind of likes your Lyraeth."

Eorawth leapt off his ledge and soared across the vast Western caldera toward the sea. In short order he found the spot where gold Lyraeth was sunning herself, and landed with a splash in the water just offshore. Ducking himself beneath the waves, he hummed happily. Lyraeth was right -- the water was glorious.

I am here, Lyraeth, the bronze said with a nod of his head as he made his way to the beach. Mine is with Yours. He is now a Wingleader. There was a proud tone in Eorawth's words.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:16 pm
Resa grinned. "I think she likes him too," she said. "She's always asks after him."

Congratulate him for me. And congratulations to you, as well, the gold stood and stretched. I am glad you came, Eorawth, she said. Mine is attracted to yours but does not seem aware of it. How do we make them realize?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm
"Oh really?" Z'haq grinned back. "Sounds like my Eorawth had a crush on your Lyraeth." He chuckled and stood, preparing to go open the wine.

Eorawth shook his head. Mine is attracted to Yours as well, but likewise doesn't seem to realize it. The bronze dragon found a nice warm patch of sand and sat down, rumbling contentedly. I do not know how to get them to acknowledge it. Why does it seem so difficult for them? We have it easy.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 am
"They do make a nice pair," Resa smiled at him.

Why were their riders such morons? Of course, Lyraeth would never say that. Instead, she said, Maybe we should help them realize. She leaned her neck closer to Z'haq and licked his snout. Let's swim.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 pm
Z'haq reached into one of his pockets and produced a corkscrew. He had come prepared. "They do," he nodded in agreement as he drilled the corkscrew into the wine bottle's cork. "Their hides complement each other, and their size too." He chuckled. "Their egos are going to be so puffed up if they're listening to us."

Maybe we should help, Eorawth agreed. They seem too dense to figure it out themselves-- And then, much to his surprise, Lyraeth licked his muzzle. Was that a kiss? He tilted his bronze head and regarded her, eyes whirling yellow and green in confusion. Did Lyraeth have feelings for him as well?

Yes, maybe going for a swim will allow us to come up with a solution to our riders' predicament... Eorawth stood and stretched, then started for the ocean, looking over his shoulder to make sure Lyraeth was following.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm
"Their egos always were," Resa smiled and watched as he prepped the wine. She stood and and retrieved two glasses.

We should. But it seemed their riders weren't the only dense one. Eorawth didn't seem to know how to react to her affections, either. She followed him into the water. I hope it does. I want ours to be happy.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:42 pm
Resa sidled up next to Z'haq with glasses for the wine, and he looked down at her and smiled. She was such a sweet girl, kind yet strong and no-nonsense when she needed to be, and so pretty… His heart did a little flip. Was he falling for her? He'd never really had a serious relationship before… "Here, I'll pour," he said, reaching out for a glass, his fingers brushing hers.

I want Ours to be happy too. Eorawth dove into the water as soon as it was deep enough and swam out a ways before resurfacing. You were right, Lyraeth. The water is perfect. Now, what should we do about them? He ignored his own predicament and feelings as he paddled in place.

Thaliawen

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces