Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
(PRP) Lounging About (Melvin/Rhys) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:02 pm
It was evening and he couldn't settle in to sleep, and after several attempts at getting to bed early for once, he gave up, left his room, and took his tablet with him to sit in the lounge. While his room was big, sometimes he just had to get away from it to create some distance to make him tired again.

Dressed in a "Insanity Icor" black band t-shirt, sweats, and socks, he went into the lounge, pausing when he saw someone else there, before moving to a couch to curl up and distract himself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:17 pm
Rhys was working on his Jenga skills solo that night; it kinda made more sense to practice the skills without all the darts so there he was. Killing time because he couldn't sleep, which was because all he'd been doing for the past few days was sleep. Not surprisingly but perhaps for the first time in his life, he was actually sick of sleeping.

When someone walked in with a tablet he was in the middle of placing a piece on a tower that was clearly leaning too far to the left. "'Sup," he said while he lowered the piece at the pace of a sloth. A very careful sloth.

xMoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 pm
_ p a o cx

Melvin couldn't' help but watch and stare, waiting for the tower to fall. "I haven't seen Jenga since runic training. You actually enjoy it at a pass time?" He rubbed his neck, still remembering how Rep and him went for hours trying to pass the course and had so many darts in them that they had passed out on the steps leading to the door. It had been a very horrible day, and while successful in the end, he still felt shivers just looking at the game.

He shifted uncomfortably on the couch.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 pm
It was almost like his staring did the trick, since before the piece even touched the tower it tipped to the just just enough to come crashing down completely, and Rhys was left still holding the piece up, staring down at the rubble.

He shot a look at the guy before dropping the piece and starting to rebuild and try again. "Kinda? I've done the training already but I got darted so many ********' times it kinda bruised the ego a little bit." Though he left the part about the hunters observing him having a good laugh at his expense.

MoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:18 pm
_ p a o cx

Melvin shot his eyes back down at his tablet, not wanting to take the blame for the tower falling, but slowly moved his gave back up over when he talked to him. "I remember spending a long time getting darted over and over till I finally finished it. Couldn't even walked out at the end, I was so drugged. Valuable though, to have bandages. Saved me a few times. Still don't get what Jenga has to do with it, and I've been in Life for years."

He watched him set up the tower again, curious. "Need...a partner?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 pm
He snorted at the story's ending, a smirk indicating he was clearly amused. "Glad I wasn't the only one," he said, eyes still on the halfway built tower. "But yeah, what the ********? I heard it was Jenga but didn't really believe it until I saw it myself. The princess golems still freak me the hell out, too."

The question came just as he put the last piece at the top of the tower. Rhys looked over at him, considered it for a second, then waved him over. "Couldn't hurt, I guess."

MoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

Moving over, he took a seat opposite Rhys and assessed the tower, waiting for him to take his turn.

"Kinda late to be playing Jenja. Are you on a later shift in your division?" He asked as he went to take a piece.

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm
"Nah, just couldn't sleep," he said as he eyed the tower while he waited for his turn to come around again. The first few pieces always passed really quickly, so the wait wasn't very long. "All I've been doin' is sleeping since I got out of the infirmary. Pent up energy, I guess." There was a shrug and then he started poking at what looked like a loose piece near the bottom.

"I don't normally run into people here this late, though. What's got you up still?"

MoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:41 pm
"Pent up energy and you're playing Jenga? I'm surprised you aren't sparring. I'm guessing you aren't dating either." There were ways to spend energy late at night.

Taking out another piece, he set it aside. "I don't sleep well. One of those nights where you know you aren't going to go to bed that easily, so I gave up and came down here to tire myself out."

"What were you in the infirmary for?"

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:22 pm
Rhys stretched out his right arm to reveal a not so beautiful hole-shaped scar. "It pulls kinda weird and I'd rather not deal with that right now." He picked out another piece, purposely ignoring the second part of that question. "And that sucks, dude. So you're just gonna stay up all night?"

He sat back, studying the tower to see where he could get his next piece from. "Mission, worst of it was from a falling spike. Not sure what the ******** happened with my shield but I'm alive so I guess it worked?"

xMoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 am

Melvin gave a whistle at the scar, knowing that anything that could scar after a shield and a hunter's healing ability had to be painful. "There seems to be some attacks that can bypass shields. Maybe that's what happened."

"I'll stay up till I feel I can sleep. Coffee is also a option as usual. Don't sleep well when it's too quiet either. I get restless. Music doesn't seem to help anymore."

He removed another piece and glanced up. "If you want we can make the game of Jenja more interesting?"

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:14 pm
He was half-listening, half-focusing on which piece would soon become his, so he quietly nodded along to everything Melving was saying. "Sometimes a serious workout can knock me out pretty good. You could maybe try that," he commented while he watched the man claim another piece. The question distracted him enough that he finally looked up, brow raised mostly out of curiosity.

And then he moved his eyes back to the tower and went for the piece he spotted earlier. "Sure. What'd you have in mind?"

MoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 pm

"Based on whoever wins, they can demand a favor from the other person no matter what it is - without consent and reason. No breaking up marriages or getting anyone committed for murder. That or we play strip Jenga. I could go either way." He said, pulling out another block.

_ p a o cx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 pm
Rhys sat back and considered the options for a second, eyes narrowed up at the ceiling. It wasn't the easiest decision, mostly because he didn't really know Melvin, but after a minute of thinking he just shrugged.

"Take anything sexual off the table and we'll play for the favor. If not, strip Jenga's good with me."

MoonKitsune

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:45 am
"A favor it is." He said, reaching for another piece and successful with pulling it out."Not that I would have minded the other option." Though he assumed no sexual favors meant that he might be either uninterested or taken.

"What have you been up to lately?"

_ p a o cx

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas