Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN] Unlikely Friends (Kimya and Sorra Suau)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 pm
This is a private RP between belloblosssom's Kimya and Mynsed's Sorra Suau. Please don't post here unless you've been invited!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:38 pm
User Image

Kimya was having a relaxing day. She had a lazy morning and had gone out to hassle an Emkurcar to get her something to eat. They'd brought back a sand rat. It wasn't much, but it filled her stomach until she needed to eat again. She did her typical skulking around bit for a while, keeping her head low and keeping silent in the face of others. She had mastered the skill of avoiding being approached, it was necessary for a Shuko like herself.

As the sun rose higher in the sky, the shadows started to stretch and it was then that she decided to change her direction. She turned away from the pride and went to go harass Tabu, the guard of the water closest to the camp. Yet, when she went to go see him, she found that he wasn't there, so she passed the water, unnerved by its stillness and wondering if the lion had finally fallen in and been eaten. Served him right, standing so close to the shore.

All Nergui knew at this point not to go near this particular body of water and so she went on her way, but circled back to lay on the sand and observe the water and its stillness from far away. Maybe something would change, she thought, if only she stared at it long enough.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm
It was finally time to take a bath. If Sorra’s paws didn’t keep sinking into the sand, she would have had a faster pace to match her excitement. Perhaps she would have ran. The closer she got to the pond Larak pointed out, the more the sand dug in and itched. It was a relief to finally get a breather. To wrap her mind around things and sort out what she was going to do. Pausing for a moment, she looked around her. Sure, there were a few lions a distance away but she was blissfully alone for the first time in 24 hours. And, as she contemplated running, the endless desert sucked the hope out of her as it did to water. No, she needed a new plan.

But after the bath. Unaware of the watching lioness, she approached the pond. It was… pathetic. Compared to the creeks and rivers in the jungle. But it would do. She dipped her front paw in the water and grimaced. It was lukewarm but… it would have to do.
”belloblossom”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 pm
Kimya perked her ears when the very same lioness she had approached yesterday for a fight to raise her status, suddenly came by the pond that the monster lizard rested within. Shooting to her paws as the lioness dipped her paw into the water, Kimya's eyes fixed on the ripples she created. She watched as more ripples appeared towards the center of the pond and then Kimya became a streak of grey.

"No, don't!" She roared, not entirely sure if she was calling to the lioness or the water-dwelling beast. The creature had emerged and was moving towards the pale lioness with frightening speed. It opened its jaws and let out a gutteral roar, only for Kimya to slam into the lioness knocking her clean out of the way.

"Get up! Run, run!" She urged the lioness, shoving her to her paws as the beast behind them turned to fix its eyes on them. They were still too close, they had to move. "Follow me, come on, move it!" She snarled at the other lioness and then shot forward. If Larak's lioness wasn't inclined to save herself, then perhaps she wasn't worth his time, or the pride's for that matter.

Kimya ran a good few yards before she stopped around the ruins, chest heaving as she finally sat down and looked around to see if the unnamed lioness had any sense in her or if her stupidity would get her killed in the most foolhardy of ways.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:45 pm
She had seen the ripples and… squinted. What was that? And nearly jumped into the water at the roar sounded behind her. Attention caught by… was that the psycho from earlier? Sorra didn’t see the shape moving towards her. Then, the lioness pounced. At her. Again. Teeth baring, she nearly snarled at the lioness to lay off. And then, the lioness was running, yelling at her to move.

Without looking behind her, she got to her feet and darted after the lioness, feet sinking in the sand but faster due to the adrenaline rush she was experiencing. She chanced a glance over her shoulder… and saw something that looked similar to the jungle crocs. Dread washed over her and she kicked her legs harder until she was a few past the lioness. Panting, eyes wide, she watched the reptile with horror. She just wanted to take a bath… and she would have been killed. Or at least, maimed. Nothing in this desert was good.

Except… her eyes moved to the gray lioness. Maybe not a psycho? She did just save her life. Swallowing hard to try and stop her panting, she approached slowly. Her legs now burned. ”T-Thanks,” she breathed before collapsing on the ground, breathing heavily again. ”This place is awful,” Sorra nearly wailed though more angry than upset.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:44 pm
Kimya watched the other lioness with sympathetic eyes as she collapsed behind her, before offering a condolence remark.
"You're right about that. I'd say you get used to it, but..." She ran a paw over the sand and shook her head. "I'm afraid you don't. Not when we know other lands.

"I remember my home. We were called the Jini-msemi and while others may have called our home gloomy, simply because it was in a swamp, I remember the beauty of it." She sighed fondly and then turned her gaze onto the lioness. "At the very least, we had rivers and streams as opposed to endless seas of sand. Those are what I've been missing the most, but then we disbanded and the territory was taken over by another pride." Much like how the Nergui were probably on the homes of someone else's she thought, though this was not the time nor the place to mention it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a tangent. My name is Kimya, well, Dhoruba Kimya, but Kimya is what I go by. What's your name? And do you care why you tried to enter the pond? I know Larak can be pretty brutish, first paw, but would you really rather be eaten by a croc?" She asked with a half-smile.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm
Sorra gave her a frown, not quite appreciating the honesty. She wouldn’t get used to it. Great. But… she kind of already assumed this. Sighing, she was ready to get to her feet but the lioness began talking again. And… it was intriguing. She had never heard of the Jini-msemi. And societies did fascinate her. A swampland. That sounded… interesting. The nostalgic sigh warmed Sorra up and she actually felt herself relating to the lioness. So, she was not apart of the Nergui. She had been an outsider, like herself. A small smile appeared on her face. A small one but her mood felt lighter.

”I enjoyed hearing of your home,” Sorra responded, standing up and looking at the other lioness in a new light. Kimya. Maybe she did have an ally. Maybe the psycho wasn’t as psycho as she thought. ”Sorra Suau. But just Sorra,” she responded lightly, before letting out a bitter laugh. ”Brutish, definitely. He’s probably the reason of my… situation. But no, no matter how infuriating he is and this place is… I just wanted to take a bath,” she sighed, ears flattening. ”But this place is full of disappointments and misery,” Sorra muttered.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 pm
Kimya gave the other lioness a smile, happy to see the other, Sorra, opening up a little. Getting to her paws as well, she beckoned with her tail.

"A bath, is it? Then I may have something that will do for that. Come on, if you're with me, no one else will bother you." She beckoned with her tail for the lioness to follow and then set off. "It's not exactly an oasis, per say, but it's not infested with crocodiles and I don't think many other Nergui know of it, so it's relatively private." She said, not bothering to lower her voice, for that would just attract attention, rather than dissuade it.

She led the lioness around and through the ruins until finally they came upon a hole in the ground, that was about the length and with of a grown lion. It was a deep hole and there was half of a wall circling it, with a few fronds laying over the top as a sort of cover. Kimya came to stand proudly beside it.

"This is what I found, when we explored around. Others found it, but dismissed it as a hole. I was the only one that bothered to jump into it." She uncovered the top and jumped into the hole. It was silent for a few seconds and then at the bottom, there was a splash. This was then followed by a few scraping sounds and a "hup!" sound, before Kimya was standing next to Sorra again, looking bedraggled at best, but also, most notably, very wet.

"There's water at the bottom! I don't know how it's still down there, but it's good to drink, but I reckon a nice soak in there and then doing some good licking when you're damp enough will clean your fur better than anything you could've found in the belly of the beast back there." She told Sorra with a grin. "And don't worry, there's a few worn places that'll help you get a solid grip to jump back up, but I can wait here until you're done, if you need a paw up." She paused and then in reply asked.

"You know, in exchange for this, I will want a favor too. Maybe you could tell me about your home? Does that sound fair?" She asked, smiling hopefully.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm
Curiosity had Sorra following Kimya. And hope. Could this be it? Could she really have a place to get the sand and grime out? Oh, she hoped. She didn’t mind privacy, but it was a plus. Not having to worry about crocs was a huge plus. When they approached a crumbling wall, however, Sorra gave Kimya a doubtful look. Was… this it? She opened her mouth to respond that it was just stones around a hole… and yelped as the lioness jumped into the hole. Quickly, she ran to the edge, looking down in the hole. Who was she to save her from the jaws of a croc if she was just going to kill herself anyways?!

But... the lioness had climbed back out. Sorra nearly collapsed in relief as Kimya hopped out. ”I thought you-you-“ she snarled but trailed off. She was wet. There was water? And she could get out. Again, she looked uncertainly at Kimya before at the hole. She could bathe here? Kimya did make it out… and she was wet. It seemed safe. ”Please wait,” she whispered, a bit scared of being left in a hole if she couldn’t get out.

Her attention was brought back to Kimya at the agreement. She smiled easily. She loved talking of home. ”Alright. After I come back up, I can tell you about it. I… have a favor to ask you then, as well. But afterwards,” she added before turning to the hole.

Breathing deeply, she jumped. And nearly screamed as she kept falling. Eventually, however, she reached cold water. Frigid, since it was so deep and constantly shaded. It was blissful. Letting out a laugh, she dove under the water, shaking her fur to dislodge the sand, enjoying the water. She had stayed down there for several minutes before finally, she moved around to find the stones to step on. Her heart nearly clenched in panic when she couldn’t find it. But, eventually, she felt the worn step. Slowly and carefully, she climbed up, carefully placing her feet. And finally, she emerged. A grin broke out as she spotted Kimya. ”That was wonderful,” she breathed before laughing. Oh, she had found a place to bathe and maybe a friend in this damned desert.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 pm
Kimya waited patiently for Sorra to leap into the hole and come out again. She examined her claws and wondered about this favor that she was going to be asked. Wasn't she doing Sorra a favor by showing her this water hole (of sorts)? Was Sorra planning on building their relationship on a series of gives and takes? Kimya shrugged a shoulder. She could get used to that, she supposed, though really what Kimya needed was someone to talk to as an equal and not have to worry about status or honor for once.

When the lioness emerged from the hole, looking thoroughly refreshed and even went so far as laugh out loud. It brought a giggle from Kimya's maw as well.
"I'm glad you liked it." She moved to put the cover back on the hole and as she walked she asked, "So, what's this about a favor?"

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm
Sorra nodded eagerly with a large grin, still joyful over the hidden gem in the ugly desert. It was a treasure. And she was so happy this once-psycho-now-good-lioness had introduced her to it. It felt lovely to have most of the sand out of her fur. Now, she just needed to make sure not to lay down until she was completely dry. No need to have the sand cake to her fur. Like before. When Larak had pinned her in the sand. Her smile dropped.

Fortunately, the request was brought up. Well, may it was fortunate? Nervousness welled up in Sorra and she gave a side look at Kimya, chewing the inside of her cheek. It wasn’t too big of a request, was it? Oh, she hoped not. ”Could you…” she trailed off before giving an uncertain smile. ”Why don’t we walk and talk?” Sorra offered.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 pm
Kimya sized the other lioness up with a long look as she paused. She wanted to hear more about this favor and soon and even her patience wasn't infinite. Yet, she could wait a little longer. No need to spoil a good mood.

"Sure." She replied and started walking around the span of the ruins, where it was more likely that they wouldn't be heard or followed. It seemed that Sorra enjoyed privacy so she would do what she could to continue that path to make the lioness more at ease for asking her whatever it was that she was going to.

- Mynsed -
Fin!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash