Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN] Terrify, Petrify... Same Difference (See Inside)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:16 pm
This is a private roleplay between belloblossom's Tafari and Kimya, and Mynsed's Sorra.
Please don't post here unless you were invited! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image

"Come on, Sorra! Cuka um!" She urged her friend, repeating her phrases from time to time so Sorra could learn the Nergui speech faster. Between saving her from the crocodile that lurked in the pond and teaching her an easier way to speak Nergui, Kimya and Sorra were becoming close friends. Of course, it must have also helped that they were both rogues who had joined the pride.

Their situations weren't quite the same, since Kimya had joined voluntarily and Sorra had been captured and dragged here by Larak, but they were both lucky to be alive and they were lucky to have each other as friends, too. They had become so close over the past few months that when Kimya had gone through a bit of a personality change these last few months, Sorra had noticed and when she asked, Kimya knew that she couldn't keep her secret from her friend any longer. Besides, the signs of her fling would show eventually and when her cubs were a little... odd, she needed someone to understand why without asking her any questions.

"Now, remember, rakakbar, Sorra. No matter what you think of him, you mustn't run. I'll be so sad, so very kod, if you run." She looked on ahead to where they were approaching, towards the ruins that the Nergui hadn't seen and to the location where her partner, for the time being at last, rested. "Only a short, krurs way more." She told her friend. "And remember no running."

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:54 pm
User Image

Tafari was laying upon a giant rock slab. He supposed it was once a wall of one sort or another, but now, it was the closest he got to comfort. As the slab was already made of stone, he didn't have to worry about touching it and turning it, however momentarily, to stone itself. That said, the occasional insects that came into contact with his body would occasionally petrify, before continuing to crawl on a few seconds later.

He had met the lioness who called herself Kimya a while ago. They had shared some time together among other shared things and he was going to head out and seek out other ventures, when she suddenly came to him a few days ago, asking him if he would be willing to meet a friend of hers. She had looked so unexpectedly desperate from who she had seemed to be, that he almost scorned her, but ended up relenting.

So now he lay in the sunlight, wondering when she would arrive and what this friend of hers may be like. She had said it was another lioness, but that was as much as he had to go on. It wasn't until he heard the soft voice of Kimya that he raised his head and then went on to propping himself into a sitting position so that he may see the mortals being presented to him.

"Srara, there he is, Sorra." Kimya said softly. "His name is Tafari and he's, well, he's a god." She nudged her friend softly. "Don't be afraid, he is not vicious. He is... He is koer, which is to say, he is fair." She told her friend, kindly, before turning to the lion, no, the god, who she had been spending so much time with as of late.

"Tafari, God of Petrification," She said, her voice ringing out pleasantly rather than with force. "I present to you Sorra Suau, my dearest friend." She turned her head back to Sorra. "Go on and say hi, he won't bite. He doesn't understand Nergui, so you can talk to him normally, like you might to me." She urged. Oh, she hoped this would go well. Explanations would come later, but it was introductions that needed to come first.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Life had gotten… easier. She was getting along better with Larak now, though his teaching had a lot to be desired. And he was still hard on her about training. But she could move faster through the sands. She learned where she could bathe. And she was slowly collecting bits of fabrics and furs from merchants to decorate the ugly bit of ruins Larak claimed. Unfortunately, her fruits ran out and she had yet to find anything like it. It was… disappointing. But there was another good thing about the desert. Kimya. She… was surprisingly nice. And talked to her normally. And best of all, taught her better than Larak. No offense to him.

Nodding along, she followed her to an area she hadn’t seen yet, eyes looking around in curiosity. What sort of ruins were these? She had also grown curious about these crumbling walls, wanting to study them closer. She had already inspected the ones that were in the den. Ugly but they did contain history. And she was fascinated with history.

But there wasn’t time to look at the ruins now. Kimya was acting suspicious. Giddy. Excited. Nervous. Why? Her eyes narrowed. ”No running,” she murmured in response, watching Kimya. What was she going to see? A wild animal? Why would she run?

And then, they approached the reason. She was pretty sure her jaw dropped when Kimya introduced him. A god? What?. He was… very odd looking. It was possible. She had heard of the gods. But she never… seen one. And now she was suppose to go up there and greet him? She opened her mouth to respond. Only a small squeak came out. She tried again. ”S-say hi?” she swallowed before nodding, slowly moving towards the god. ”Uh… h-hi,” she nearly whispered.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 am
Tafari watched the lioness who was Kimya's companion approach and greet him. In turn, he gave her a slow, wry smile and flexed his wings, the sound of bone and stone grating against one another as he stood.

"Greetings." He replied to the other, staring down at her from his full size. "I have heard..." He thought on it. "...of you, before." Maybe once or twice, before Kimya had asked him to meet the lioness.

He then turned his head to Kimya and found her looking back proudly at him. She always had a tendency to surprise him and he inclined his head to her. As much respect as he would show to a mortal lioness. Finally, he sat again and he slid his crimson gaze to the lioness.

"What might your name be?" He asked her.

Kimya was happy to see that it was going relatively well. She nodded encouragingly to Sorra and brushed her coat against the other lioness', offering her friend a smile.
"No need to be frightened, though awe is rightfully placed here." She whispered to her. "You should've seen me when I first came upon him." Her tail flicked and she smiled at the two of them, before continuing on.

"So, um, after you to are acquainted, I'd very much like to inform you why I've asked you here, but please," She gestured to the space between Tafari and Sorra. "Don't let me interrupt quite so soon."

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:13 pm
Good things or bad things? Sorra chanced a look towards Kimya, gaining a very short but needed relief from looking at the towering god. This was too much to take in. It unnerved her. She focused her attention solely on Kimya again, unable to fully process the being in front of her. ”I’m sure you were in much… awe,” Sorra murmured back, though she didn’t think awe was the right word for what she was feeling.

She grew up knowing about gods. In fact, she knew the names of many and their domains. Not that she had seen them personally but her mother had enjoyed knowing the history of gods. Her father had more been one for artifacts and things of the past, like Sorra was. Sorra knew to respect the gods. But she also knew to avoid them. Really, Sorra had taken her mother’s stories with a grain of salt. She hadn’t even been sure she believed the stories or that there were gods.

Those doubts had fled, however, as she glanced nervously at the wings. No, it was better to look at Kimya. Not as nerving. Desperately, she tried to think of her mother’s tales. But her mind was blank. ”There’s a reason?” she asked hollowly but obediently turned her attention to the god. He had asked her something. What was it? Sorra stared blankly at the god for a good few moments before her eyes blew wide. Her name. Oh.

”Sorra Suau,” she hastily told him, hoping to not offend. If it was Larak, she would have told him to go jump into those prickly things he called cactus. Well, back in the day maybe. But the idea of offending this lion… this god… nope, she wanted to live.

Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 pm
Tafari continued to watch the lioness that Kimya had presented. She looked so skittish, quite unlike the fiery spirit that Kimya had told him of. How dull. He stared at her, boredom creeping into his features and after a moment, since his Kimya had asked it of him, he made the effort.

"You needn't be so frightened. I will not harm you." He told her and then went on, his wings creaking as he folded them behind his back. There, did that help? "Tell me, Sorra, about the savage pride you were stolen into. Is everyone there as unfeeling as stone?" He smirked at that and tapped a stone paw against the stone beneath him. It made a soft scraping sound, exactly like two rocks being pressed against one another.

Well, this was going better than she expected it might. Kimya was still waiting for the right moment to speak, but when Tafari prompted her companion to speak of the Nergui, Kimya kept quiet and leaned gently against Sorra, her tail wrapping around her friend's to show her support. Sorra may be frightened now, but she was no coward, Kimya had known that for a while now. She just needed to know she had support and right now, Kimya was here for that exact purpose. Her reason for their meet and greet could wait.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 pm
He was a god. A living and breathing god. What should she do? How should she behave? Should she have brought a gift? As these thoughts ran through her mind, she absently registered the look of bored. Is he the angry type? The lax type? What sort of powers did he have?

Wait… was he bored? She stiffened, though kept her mouth shut. Perhaps… she was mistaken. No, best not to act impulsive towards a god. Her mother had always spoke highly of them. And sometimes fearfully. ”I’m not frightened,” she snapped before ducking her head. Oh, could she never hold her tongue?! She gave a sidelong glance towards Kimya, trying to judge her reaction. But the lioness… leaned against her. Tried to comfort her. Why was this tough, say-it-as-it-is lioness who attacked her moments after she was accepted into the pride trying to comfort her? As if she was… she was….

Sorra realized her trembling was slowing down. And nearly growled. She had been trembling like a rabbit! Stiffening, she raised her head. It was very hard to meet the god’s gaze. Oh, she wanted to whimper. She was terrified. But that didn’t mean she had to show it. Why, she had been terrified of Larak, right? There was no need to act the prey to this… this… Remember, he’s a god, a voice reminded. Right.

”Nearly,” she said dryly, before lifting her head. ”And you? Are you as unfeeling as a stone? Or a savage?” Sorra wanted to bite her tongue. All she had to do was act like she wasn’t frightened but now she was trying to pick a verbal fight with the god. She didn’t dare to look at Kimya, her cheeks heating with embarrassment.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 pm
Tafari blinked, the closest he would ever get to showing surprise on his face and then slowly, his small, wry smile grew into a wide grin, showing fangs that were both stone and teeth, yet all were very sharp.

"Yes, this is what I was more expecting." He rumbled, his gaze sliding to Kimya as he grinned at her. Even she seemed to still at his expression, for he didn't smile as openly as this very often. He supposed it may be intimidating to the mortals. Ah, well.

"Me? Savage? I suppose that depends on your definition of the word." He thought about it for a moment, his smile fading into a small frown. "I do not needlessly kill mortals like some of my brethren do, for the fun of it. Yet, I do not appreciate mortals either, since some of my brethren choose to sit in prides and be worshiped." He snorted. "A foolish notion, if you ask me." He gave a lazy half-smile, this time.

"You interest me, Sorra Suau." He told her. "I'm pleased that our mutual friend decided that we ought to meet." Moving his gaze back to Kimya's and holding it, he asked. "Now, Kimya, do you wish to tell us why you wanted us to meet?"

Kimya had been unnerved at the showy grin that Tafari had displayed. Not once in their previous interactions had he ever smiled at her like he had at Sorra and she think she preferred it that way. She took a step away from Sorra once she felt the other stiffen and straighten up, taking it as a sign that her comfort was no longer required.

Then she listened to the banter between god and friend before she was finally addressed.
"Ah, yes, well..." She'd best fill in Sorra first, she thought and turned to her friend. "Sorra, I've been spending a great deal of time with Tafari, as he'll tell you himself, I'm sure," She glanced at the god, who smiled a little wider in confirmation and then turned her gaze back to the lioness. "Well, in a number of those meetings, well, I mean... I..." Her tail lashed and she blurted. "Sorra, I think I'll be having his cubs." She heard stone and stone grind against one another and saw that Tafari was leaning forward with interest.

She kept her eyes on Sorra, trying to keep her nerves from jumbling around inside her.
"I don't... I don't know what comes from having the cubs of a god, but Sorra, you're the only one I can really trust in the Nergui, so I wanted you to know." She replied. "And I wanted you to know their father, in case any of the cubs take after him." She added, before cautiously asking. "What... What do you think? Will you help me when they come?" Please don't let Sorra, dear, caring, idealistic Sorra, reject her request.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 am
Sorra stiffened. She… interested him? Her eyes narrowed, unsure if she should take it as a compliment or not. Her fear told her to shut up or at least thank him, accept it. But her pride… fortunately, the attention being directed at Kimya stalled her pride from winning, eyes moving to Kimya. Yes, why did she want them to meet?

”His cubs,” she responded blankly, staring. As in… a god’s cubs? Was that even possible? And… why? How would cubs with half god blood be? She imagined stone babies and nearly shuddered. That would… hurt. But, instead of continuing to speak, she listened. Kimya had her own questions. And her own reasons. And… she had to ask if she’d help?

Sorra gave her a frown. ”Really, Kimya? After all you’ve done for me?” Sorra growled before nudging her head into her friend’s neck. ”Of course I’ll help you, my dear friend. You shouldn’t have to even ask,” Sorra muttered. And then, completely turned her back on the god to pay attention to her friend. She was rather… annoyed. ”I’ll gladly step up since someone clearly cannot. I wouldn’t want them to have a bad influence and become swell headed like… like… well, not you.” It was too much to call out the god directly. She wasn’t that crazy. She would have to release her irritation this backhanded way. ”You’ll have gorgeous cubs, Kimya. I am sure of it. No matter what the father would look like.” But, Sorra still had a very important question to ask. It was a lady topic, not for men, but she couldn’t very well shoo a god away. Giving a wary glance towards Trafari, she moved her head closer to Kimya’s.

”You don’t think… they’ll inherit his… stoniness, do you?” she asked under her breath before giving another quick glance. She didn’t want to explain her concerns. No use worrying Kimya over the labor part of it that was sure to come. Regardless of what would happen, she would do her best to research and study how to make Kimya as comfortable as possible and ensure she made it through the birth soundly.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm
Kimya watched the information sink in as Sorra processed what she had asked and Kimya resisted the urge to knead the sand below her paws. She perked her ears and nodded when Sorra repeated the information and then let out a sound that was somewhere between a sigh and a sob of relief. Thank goodness, she thought, that she had found such an earnest, loyal friend.

"Thank you, Sorra." She purred softly, before flicking her ears in amusement at her friend's attitude. "Well, it's not exactly as though he can waltz into the god-killing pride, can he?" She remarked. She had warned Tafari of this when he settled on his perch initially, that the Nergui had been rumored to have killed prides before. He didn't seem to think anything of it, but she noticed that he hadn't tried to get any closer to the pride than he already was.

When her friend came closer to her and lowered her head, Kimya followed suit and perked her ears further to hear what was to be said.
"Stoney...? No, I don't suspect that'll have anything to do with my cubs." She replied, softly. "I mean, many of the Kaar in the pride are the children of gods and goddesses and you don't see them sporting wings or any unnatural features. As far as I can understand it, it's just the sight that offspring are gifted with." She replied and then she straightened up and spoke in normal tones. "We should be getting back to the pride." She said. Larak may be wondering where his beloved ran off to and Kimya would be put in an awkward position if Tafari's presence was discovered by a blood-born Nergui.

Turning around to the god, she bowed her head and smiled at the other. She would come back to his side on another occasion, to discuss the fate of the cubs with more detail. He didn't seem the type to harbor much interest or involvement in his offspring, but she wanted to make sure this was the case before having the litter and running off with them.

"Thank you for seeing us, Tafari. Good day." She told him and then turned around to Sorra, beckoning for the other lioness to follow her back to the pride lands, where she was certain they would have a great deal to talk about.

Tafari's amusement only grew when the other lioness tried to spite him, keeping him out of the conversation. His ears weren't the best, he was the god of petrification, not hearing, but he picked up a few words and phrases until they lowered their heads and voices. He snorted at that and lay his head on his paws, tail flicking as he waited for them to finish.

He almost hoped that they would stay, for they were so entertaining in their own ways, but he inclined his head slightly to Kimya as they departed and watched them until he could no longer see them. Well, that was a fair bit of socializing, too much for the typically introverted god, so he stretched his wings out and splayed himself over the rock he lay upon. He would sleep, until something worth his while approached him again. It was the easiest way to fight off the boredom, after all.

- Mynsed -
With your next post, we can call it finished! heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm
Sorra nodded though this was news to her. Some of the pride members also had a god parents? This was news to her. She had heard of seers but never had she encountered one. Or one that was a child of a god. It baffled her. She filed a few questions away mentally and nudged her head against Kimya’s. ”I’m a bit offended you need to ask, my friend. I would never abandon you, especially when you’ll need me the most,” she informed her. Sorra Suau didn’t think this needed to be said but apparently, it did.

When Kimya suggested they go back to the pride, she gave her a nod. As for farewell for the God… Sorra gave him a leveled look before rolling her eyes and following Kimya. She wasn’t going to be too disrespectful, considering what he was. But she wasn’t going to show the same courtesy’s as Kimya had, considering who he was. Her mood had considerably improved as they moved away from the god. ”I’m going to be an aunt!” she laughed, looking forward to the day where Kimya had little mini versions of herself running around. They were going to be a handful, she just knew it.
Belloblossom
FINISHED.

- Mynsed -

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas