Welcome to Gaia! ::

Positive Energy

Back to Guilds

We can talk about anything we like. A relaxed group. 

Tags: advice, random, positive, friends, happy 

Reply Memorable Threads
Movies!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you enjoy the popcorn?
  Yes!
  No, too processed...
  Sometimes, if I'm hungry enough.
  Never had it. Should I try?
  Much rather have something else.
View Results

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:33 pm
Has anyone seen any good movies lately??

I went to see Annabelle Creations recently
(Had to see it twice)

Divorced parents sweatdrop

I enjoyed it but it scared me a lot.
razz

Also saw Wonder Woman.
EXCELLENT! cool  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:44 pm
Cinderful

I don't like scary movies. I either think they are corny or they scare me and I think about them for days. xD I try to avoid scary movies.

I don't really like superhero movies either... dangit. xD But they say opposites attract. smile So we can still be friends, haha. I like Deadpool but that's not really a typical superhero movie, hah.

Most recent movie I saw was Despicable Me 3. It was freaking hilarious and I want to see it again. The voice of the villain was Trey Parker who's best known as the creator of South Park. Took me over the half the movie to figure that out. Felt like a jackass for not noticing his voice. I feel like the movie might be a little too adult for kids though. And that does bother me. But at the same time the fans are getting older and they know a lot of adults like it too. I'm rambling. So I'm conflicted on the adult humor in a kids movie but 5/5 anyway.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:48 pm
And I love putting TONS of butter on the popcorn. I learned a trick last time. Ask for a tray. They had these paper trays there. Or you could use an empty popcorn bag if they will give you that. You can pour half the popcorn in the tray so you can butter the stuff in the bottom and then put that popcorn back on top. I didn't get to do it cause when I figured out what the lady was doing we were already walking away and the movie had almost started. xD But next time.... so much butter. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm
Cinderful

(Had to see it twice)

razz

Also saw Wonder Woman.
EXCELLENT! cool

I saw Wonder Woman a bit ago! I loved it! She portrayed Wonder Woman perfectly! I was so happy with that actress!! I loved strong girl movies. emotion_bigheart

I want to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 sometime this week since its on DVD now...  

WhimsicalDoll

Friendly Member

WhimsicalDoll

Friendly Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:35 pm
Spenelli
And I love putting TONS of butter on the popcorn. I learned a trick last time. Ask for a tray. They had these paper trays there. Or you could use an empty popcorn bag if they will give you that. You can pour half the popcorn in the tray so you can butter the stuff in the bottom and then put that popcorn back on top. I didn't get to do it cause when I figured out what the lady was doing we were already walking away and the movie had almost started. xD But next time.... so much butter. :3

!!!! I'll have to try this! lol Its always so disappointing after you finish eating all the buttered popcorn on top. xDD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:22 pm
I don't have time anymore to see movies. I have two little girls (2 and 1) and a s/o who works graveyard shift.

I am stuck watching Trolls, Moana and Sing. 'Cause they always pick that to watch Dx  

bri_the_cookie_goddess2

Peaceful Member

10,215 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Informer 100

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 pm
WhimsicalDoll

I know! You never can get to the bottom! It's gonna be awesome, haha. Have to make sure I show up with more time also. I feel like I'm always running late to the movies. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 pm
bri_the_cookie_goddess2

Oof, that does not sound good. I had never heard of those besides Trolls and I am so done with that fad, haha. Trolls are cool as the little dolls and that's it. <3 But the other two look pretty bad too.

Try getting them into some kids stuff you might like too. There's lots of good ones. But I do know a lot of kids like repetition. I babysat kids with tons of movies who watched the same stuff over and over. Made me hate Scooby Doo. xD

That age isn't one of my expertise, haha. Usually I'd say try movies like "How To Train Your Dragon". But that's not really stuff babies like. xD

Maybe the Barbie movies? They are super colorful and not bad graphics. I admit I've actually got sucked into the story line before. xD They have a few with fairies that are cute. Ever After High and MLP are pretty good too. Just don't know if these are more for middle school kids.  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm
Spenelli
Cinderful

I don't like scary movies. I either think they are corny or they scare me and I think about them for days. xD I try to avoid scary movies.

I don't really like superhero movies either... dangit. xD But they say opposites attract. smile So we can still be friends, haha. I like Deadpool but that's not really a typical superhero movie, hah.

Most recent movie I saw was Despicable Me 3. It was freaking hilarious and I want to see it again. The voice of the villain was Trey Parker who's best known as the creator of South Park. Took me over the half the movie to figure that out. Felt like a jackass for not noticing his voice. I feel like the movie might be a little too adult for kids though. And that does bother me. But at the same time the fans are getting older and they know a lot of adults like it too. I'm rambling. So I'm conflicted on the adult humor in a kids movie but 5/5 anyway.

blaugh OMG!
I saw that tooooo.
(btw I love South Park) heart

My mom and I are music nerds, so this movie
was absolutely perfection XD We're both convinced that
they'll make a fourth and use the same villian.
3nodding He can totally get revenge!

~Hope i'm not being a spoiler for anybuddy~

5/5 for sure.
Hmmm, I have to admit, I never can guess
what's appropriate for kids anymore.
Once, I saw an adult run crying from her seat during a horror movie.
But...that second time I saw Annabelle, a little girl came in.
Brave kid sat through everything like a champ eek

xd I go to several different movie
places and they arent all good as far as popcorn.
They even have different types.

I've seen caramel, zebra (white and milk chocolate striped),
and Cheeto flavor too.
razz I'm getting that next time for sure.
Do you have different types there???

sweatdrop Gotta see IT with mom....
She's a fan  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 pm
WhimsicalDoll
Cinderful

(Had to see it twice)

razz

Also saw Wonder Woman.
EXCELLENT! cool

I saw Wonder Woman a bit ago! I loved it! She portrayed Wonder Woman perfectly! I was so happy with that actress!! I loved strong girl movies. emotion_bigheart

I want to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 sometime this week since its on DVD now...

I have to admit,
I came in wanting to see some hawt pirates but that was sold out.
The ticket guy recommended Wonder Woman and I was super skeptical stare

Felt so wrong!!!
xd Wonder Woman's actress even made me laugh.
Have you seen the trailer for the NEW movie???

I think I saw Neptune heart God of the sea whee
Wonder Woman is teaming up with some really cool heroes.
It's gonna be great 3nodding  

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Cinderful
Crew

Wheezing Lover

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 pm
bri_the_cookie_goddess2
I don't have time anymore to see movies. I have two little girls (2 and 1) and a s/o who works graveyard shift.

I am stuck watching Trolls, Moana and Sing. 'Cause they always pick that to watch Dx

Aw, those are pretty good movies 3nodding
I'm sorry you have to sit through them so often sweatdrop
Do you have like...netflix
or any type of apps to watch things on??

These movies never stay outside long xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm
Cinderful

Yes the music was awesome! I love that kind of music. Like disco I guess? I'm not sure what genre it is, haha. I was probably born the year they started to quit making music like that. Late 80's rock started to take over, haha.

It is hard to judge what's appropriate. It is rated PG, so I mean it's telling you a parent should be with them. In that case as a parent if you really care enough I suppose you should look further into it. I can't remember the others but I know G is general so shouldn't be anything dirty or violent in that. I'm just so used to the way I was brought up. At 12 my favorite shows were educational, now 12 year olds like adult stuff like Family Guy and South Park. (which I love lol) Sex and drugs and vulgar stuff is everywhere these days. So like a few jokes in a movie are that bad. xD I know I should lighten up sometimes. I just want my (friends) kids to grow up pure and innocent dammit! xD

Dang what! We don't have any of those flavors here. I want cheeto popcorn!! Omg. The place we go now does have different stuff you can put on it but it's just powder you put on yourself. It's really nothng fancy, the same stuff you can get at Walmart, but I do get excited about it, haha. They just have all the options right there. Cheddar, Jalepeno, Ranch. Nothing too crazy. Nothing sweet either for popcorn. I love those tins you can get around the holidays. biggrin  

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Spenelli
Captain

Angelic Kitten

16,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm
Cinderful

Oh, I forgot about the It thing cause I was thinking about food. xD

Are you talking about the clown movie? eek That movie scares the heck out of me. I don't even know why. I'm not afraid of clowns though thankfully, haha. Just that one. Freaking creepy. I was scared of those drains on the road forever. xD Even just the thought of falling in. Never thought about falling in once until I saw that movie. I didn't know a kid could fit in there.  
Memorable Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games